Quotes on being true
Be True Quotes - BrainyQuote
Real beauty is to be true to oneself. That's what makes me feel good.
I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.
Be true to yourself, help others, make each day your masterpiece, make friendship a fine art, drink deeply from good books - especially the Bible, build a shelter against a rainy day, give thanks for your blessings and pray for guidance every day.
To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.
It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.
The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's truly about the game, and in some ways that's about life too.
Whatever you want to do, do with full passion and work really hard towards it. Don't look anywhere else. There will be a few distractions, but if you can be true to yourself, you will be successful for sure.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Be true to yourself and surround yourself with positive, supportive people.
We must show our Christian colors if we are to be true to Jesus Christ.
C. S. Lewis
The hardest thing to do is to be true to yourself, especially when everybody is watching.
Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true.
Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature.
I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.
Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true.
If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it.
There are two good rules which ought to be written on every heart - never to believe anything bad about anybody unless you positively know it to be true; never to tell even that unless you feel that it is absolutely necessary, and that God is listening.
Henry Van Dyke
Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten.
Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly and they will show themselves great.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
When you're a liar, a person of low moral fortitude, really any explanation you need to be true can be true. Especially if you're smart enough. You can figure out a way to justify anything.
If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Be true to yourself, stay focused and stay you, take advice from other folks, use what you can, but never mind what is not for you. For the most part, trust yourself and believe in what you are doing.
History is nothing but gossip about the past, with the hope that it might be true.
You just have to be true to yourself and do what you love to do.
We might as well be true with ourselves.
Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself. Being true to anyone else or anything else is not only impossible, but the mark of a fake messiah.
If nothing else in life, I want to be true to the things I believe in, and quite simply, to what I'm all about. I know I'd better, because it seems whenever I take a false step or two I feel the consequences.
It can only be true love when you enable your other half to be better, to be the person they're destined to be.
No life is perfect; we all have our problems and issues, and I believe that it's good to be true to who you are.
God never made a promise that was too good to be true.
Dwight L. Moody
The difficulty is to try and teach the multitude that something can be true and untrue at the same time.
Even if I accepted that Jesus - like almost every other prophet on record - was born of a virgin, I cannot think that this proves the divinity of his father or the truth of his teachings. The same would be true if I accepted that he had been resurrected.
I do have a close circle of friends and I am very fortunate to have them as friends. I feel very close to them I think friends are everything in life after your family. You come across lots of people all the time but you only make very few friends and you have to be true to them otherwise what's the point in life?
Shah Rukh Khan
Always be original. Never duplicate what you've seen another actor do. Be true to the character that you've been given, and the rest will come easy.
Dare to be true. Nothing can need a lie: a fault which needs it most, grows two thereby.
There is only one failure in life possible, and that is not to be true to the best one knows.
It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly, Can never know what true friendship means.
The buyer is entitled to a bargain. The seller is entitled to a profit. So there is a fine margin in between where the price is right. I have found this to be true to this day whether dealing in paper hats, winter underwear or hotels.
In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true.
That is the definition of faith - acceptance of that which we imagine to be true, that which we cannot prove.
Jesus is the only way because the Bible says it to be true. Why? Because only He can bridge the gap between God and man; there's no other way.
I want to try different things but, most importantly, always be true to my roots and keep it organic. I'm never going to leave bachata behind. I'm always going to be a bachatero first.
For a memoir to really succeed, the author has to do such hard work before they come to the page. They have to do a brutal self-examination of everything they believe to be true.
Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.
It's so important just to be true to yourself and to own your own character and take responsibility for it, and speak up and say, This isn't right; this isn't me. ' It's a great lesson, not just in wrestling but in life. If you're not feeling something that's true to your heart... everybody's gotta be true.
Making a film is like raising a child. You cannot raise a child to be liked by everyone. You raise a child to excel, and you teach the child to be true to his own nature. There will be people who'll dislike your child because he or she is who they are, and there will be people who'll love your child immensely for the very same reason.
Guillermo del Toro
I had a simple goal in life: to be true to my parents and our country as an honorable son, a caring brother, and a good citizen.
Benigno Aquino III
If my life wasn't funny, it would just be true, and that's unacceptable.
Be not astonished at new ideas; for it is well known to you that a thing does not therefore cease to be true because it is not accepted by many.
It may be true, that men, who are mere mathematicians, have certain specific shortcomings, but that is not the fault of mathematics, for it is equally true of every other exclusive occupation.
Carl Friedrich Gauss
Don't let people treat you like you're stupid. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
I never regret or sit back and think that I shouldn't have said something. There are a lot of people who tell me that you shouldn't say this or that or should keep quiet, and I really think that I can either be true to my conscience or can live a fake life by staying quiet.
I began working quite young, writing, growing, maturing, always striving to top myself - to make people laugh hard at things they know and believe deep in their hearts to be true.
Be true to your heart... put your whole heart and soul into it, and then whatever you do, it will shine through.
If a deal advertised on an unknown website looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is.
Keep your mind open about what you want to do and be true to yourself. So many people are governed by what's 'in' or copy something that someone else has done.
It has been said that love is a function of communication. I believe that to be true. I believe, by extension, that human understanding is a function of communication. And the better human beings understand one another, the higher the level of functioning.
155 Be Yourself Quotes About Being Authentic and Real (2022)
Our latest collection of “be yourself” quotes on Everyday Power.
Are you struggling with trying to be who you want?
Are you donning masks to try and hide your true self?
There are many reasons why people try to hide their truths.
Maybe you’ve looked at others and wished you could be like them.
Or maybe you believed not being you could get you what you wanted.
However, the truth is that you can’t be someone else.
You are you.
You are unique and don’t have to sacrifice being yourself to achieve what you want.
When you’re not being yourself, you become someone who tries to please others instead of making yourself happy.
This will only drain your mind, body, and soul.
Being yourself is important because it makes happiness easier to obtain.
It allows you to tap into your Everyday Power and live a more fulfilling life.
Although there may be a lot of pressure from the outside world as it tries to influence who you are, you should always live life on your terms, not someone else’s.
Here are some inspirational be yourself quotes to help you be authentic and real.
Be yourself quotes about being authentic and real
1. “Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.”– Allen Ginsberg
2. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
3. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”– Bernard M. Maruch
4. “Find out who you are and do it on purpose. ”– Dolly Parton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Dolly Parton quotes from the iconic actress.
5. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Don’t worry what people say or what people think. Be yourself.” – Brett Hull
7. “Some people like you, some people don’t. In the end, you just have to be yourself.” – Andres Iniesta
8. “It’s just better to be yourself than to try to be some version of what you think the other person wants.” – Matt Damon
9. “We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin.”
– Andre Berthiaume
10. “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” ― Tyra Banks
Inspiring be yourself quotes
11. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else. ”– Judy Garland
12. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” —Coco Chanel
13. “Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.”― Roy T. Bennett
14. “If you can just be yourself, then you have to be original because there’s no one like you.” – Marc Newson
15. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” —Beyoncé
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of self worth quotes to boost your confidence.
16. “Don’t try to impress people. Always be yourself.”- Bella Thorne
17. “You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?” ― Dr. Seuss
18. “Just be you, be beautiful and be comfortable in your own skin.” – Helen Edwards
19. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we’ll ever do. ” —Brené Brown
20. “The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.” ― Cassandra Clare
Also, read these baddie quotes to celebrate your individuality.
More quotes about being yourself
21. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”― Maya Angelou
22. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
23. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” —Johnny Depp
24. “Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone don’t be someone else just be yourself.” ― Selena Gomez
25. “I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be.” – Dita Von Teese
26. “Some people say you are going the wrong way when it’s simply a way of your own.” —Angelina Jolie
27. “Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for” ― Oliver James
28. “Remember, it’s ok to be yourself.” – Richard Branson
29. “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.” ― Virginia Satir
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of perception quotes about truth and reality.
30. “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.” – John Mason
Powerful be yourself quotes
31. “Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”– Steve Jobs
32. “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.” —Lao Tzu
33. “Live life as though nobody is watching, and express yourself as though everyone is listening.”– Nelson Mandela
34. “He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away.” – Raymond Hull
35. “Be yourself, but always your better self.”– Karl Maeser
36. “Don’t compromise yourself. You’re all you’ve got.” ― Janis Joplin
37. “Say what you feel. It’s not being rude, it’s called being real.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of be real quotes celebrating the real you.
38. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
39. “Be yourself – not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be.” – Henry David Thoreau
40. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.” – Harold Whitman
You might also like these love yourself quotes that will increase your self-esteem.
Be yourself quotes to boost your motivation
41. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”― Oscar Wilde
42. “Fearlessly be yourself.’ – Anthony Rapp
43. “I never said to be like me, I say be yourself and make a difference.” ― Marilyn Manson
44. “Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.” – Julius Charles Hare
45. “Just be yourself, let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful & magical person that you are.” – Mandy Hale
46. “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
47. “You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”― John Lennon
Don’t forget to also check out these motivational quotes for weight loss that will inspire you to achieve!
48. “Nobody is so miserable as he who longs to be somebody and something other than the person he is in body and mind.” – Angelo Patri
49. “If you’re able to be yourself, then you have no competition. All you have to do is get closer and closer to that essence.” – Barbara Cook
50. “Nothing can be more hurtful to your heart than betraying yourself.” ― Roy T. Bennett
Be yourself quotes to elevate your mind
51. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.” – Andre Gide
52. “Just be yourself, there is no one better.” – Taylor Swift
53. “Learn to… be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grace quotes that will change your life.
54. “Take the time to come home to yourself every day. ” – Robin Casarjean
55. “Accept the responsibility of being yourself as you are, with all that is good and with all that is bad, with all that is beautiful and that which is not beautiful. In that acceptance, a transcendence happens and one becomes free.” – Osho
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Osho quotes on how to live life and find inspiration.
56. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.”– Philip Pullman
57. “The hardest battle you’re ever going to fight is the battle to be just you.” – Leo Buscaglia
58. “Your life is yours and yours alone. Rise up and live it.” – Terry Goodkind
59. “We probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do.” – Olin Miller
60. “Why try to be someone you’re not? Life is hard enough without adding impersonation to the skills required.” – Robert Brault
You might also like these Bad Bitch quotes that will inspire confidence within you.
Be yourself quotes to inspire and teach
61. “Your main purpose is to be yourself as fully as you can.”― Darryl Anka
62. “Don’t try to be different, and don’t try to be like everyone else: just be yourself.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
63. “Just FYI, you are unique, and you are perfect!”― Izey Victoria Odiase
64. “No matter how far away from yourself you may have strayed, there is always a path back. You already know who you are and how to fulfill your destiny. And your ruby slippers are ready to carry you home.”― Oprah Winfrey
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these spiritual quotes about inner peace and love.
65. “When you try to be like someone else, you lose yourself and on top of that, you cannot be someone else! You are what you are!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
66. “You don’t need permission to be who you are, the universe already gave you permission. ”― Matshona Dhliwayo
67. “Do not wait for others to roll out the red carpet for you. Be your own star.”― Christine E. Szymanski
68. “And how can we truly know ourselves unless we get still enough to listen to just ourselves? Unless we give ourselves the time and space to tune in.”― Shayne Traviss
69. “Be yourself, not who someone wants you to be. Be unique.”― Chantelle Lambert
70. “Never be afraid to be what you want to be…People don’t have to like you but they have to respect you.”― Mouloud Benzadi
Check out these know your worth quotes to help you believe in yourself more.
Other inspirational be yourself quotes
71. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
72. “To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.” – Roy T. Bennett
73. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
74. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
75. “Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love.” – Rumi
76. “Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.” – Lady Gaga
77. “Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.” – Brian Tracy
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love our collection of rejection quotes about life, love, and goals.
78. ”Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put on some sunglasses, cuz we were born this way bitch!” – Lady Gaga
79. “Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive. ” – Gerard Way
80. “If you don’t know who you truly are, you’ll never know what you really want.” – Roy T. Bennett
81. “You always have to stay true to yourself.” – Aerin Lauder
82. “You can be true to the character all you want but you’ve got to go home with yourself.” – Julia Roberts
83. “The thing that is really hard and really amazing is giving up on being perfect and beginning to work on becoming yourself.” – Anna Quindlen
84. “Be different; be unique; be yourself.” – Christina Grimmie
85. “By being yourself, you put something beautiful into the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliot
Be sure to also check out our collection of lonely quotes that prove it’s okay to be alone.
Be yourself quotes to remind you how special you are
86. “Existence wants you to be you.” — Osho
87. “Appear as you are, be as you appear. ” — Rumi
88. “You change the world by being yourself.” — Yoko Ono
89. “Don’t let other people decide who you are.” — Bob Goff
90. “The world just wants your authentic truth.” — Gabby Bernstein
91. “You, being yourself, unknowingly inspire others to be themselves.” — Mooji
92. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” — E. E Cummings
93. “No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” — Buckminster Fuller
94. “You must not be afraid of your uniqueness and you must care less and less what people think of you.” — Robert Greene
95. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” — Dr. Seuss
Be yourself quotes to help the real you shine through
96. “Be yourself. Unapologetically.” — Kesha
97. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney
98. “Be yourself and set the trend. Don’t follow.” — YG
99. “Be yourself. Create your own unique style.” — Kim Tae-hyung
100. “Just enjoy every moment – don’t stress. Just be yourself.” — Mabel
101. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe
102. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” — Jim Morrison
103. “The snow goose need not bathe to make itself white. Neither need you do anything but be yourself.” — Lao Tzu
104. “I’ve found beauty in such unexpected places. I think the most beautiful thing you can do is be yourself and to own it.” — Shannon Purser
105. “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” — Dave Pelzer
Be Yourself Quotes to Boost Your Confidence
106. “Never apologize for being yourself.” – Paulo Coelho
107. “The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself.” – Rita Mae Brown
108. “Some people around you will not understand your journey. They don’t need to; it’s not for them.” – Paulo Coelho
109. “We are the ones we have been waiting for.” – Alice Walker
110. “When someone is properly grounded in life, they shouldn’t have to look outside themselves for approval.” – Epictetus
111. “Don’t believe you have to be like anybody to be somebody.” – Nike
112. “Don’t let other people decide who you are.” – Bob Goff
113. “He who obeys, does not listen to himself.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
114. “If you desire to make a difference in the world, you must be different from the world.” – Elaine S. Dalton
115. “What is the seal of liberation? No longer being ashamed in front of oneself. ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
116. “Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to you, and stay.” – Will Smith
117. “You are what you believe yourself to be.” – Paulo Coelho
118. “A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.” – G.K. Chesterton
119. “Be in the world, but don’t let the world be in you. Love, and yet don’t be lost in it. Relate, and yet be alone, utterly alone. Know perfectly well that all relationship is a game: play the game and play it as beautifully as possible and as skillfully as possible.” – Osho
120. “Every man who says frankly and fully what he thinks is so far doing a public service. We should be grateful to him for attacking most unsparingly our most cherished opinions.” – John Stuart Mill
121. “There’s a point, around the age of twenty, when you have to choose whether to be like everybody else the rest of your life, or to make a virtue of your peculiarities. ” – Ursula K. Le Guin
122. “When you see a mob doing something, it should make you less likely to do it yourself, not more likely.” – Paul Graham
123. “Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?” – Charles Bukowski
124. “If you don’t say what you think then you kill your unborn self.” – Jordan B. Peterson
125. “The most important consequence of self-sufficiency is freedom.” – Epicurus
Be Yourself Quotes That Make You Stand Out
126. “Within you, there is stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” — Hermann Hesse
127. “The secret to success is to be yourself.” — S. Sreesanth
128. “Don’t worry about what the people say; be yourself, say what you want to say with respect.” — Mariano Rivera
129. “It sounds so simple, but if you just be yourself, you’re different than anyone else. ” — Tony Bennett
130. “You just have to be yourself and go full with confidence and be courageous.” — Gabby Douglas
131. “Always be yourself. At the end of the day, that’s all you’ve really got; when you strip everything down, that’s all you’ve got, so always be yourself.” — Al Roker
132. “You’ve got to be yourself, and if you’re not, you’re a phony. It comes shining through if you’re not careful.” — Jack Harbaugh
133. “Just because they disagree, doesn’t mean you ain’t right.” — Toba Beta
134. “You eliminate competition by being yourself.” — Dan Go
135. “Always stay true to yourself and never sacrifice who you are for anyone.” — Rakesh Valand
Short Be Yourself Quotes
136. “The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” — Peter Thiel
137. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become. ” — Carl Jung
138. “Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.” — Conor McGregor
139. “Let go of who you think you’re supposed to be; embrace who you are.” — Brené Brown
140. “You are what existence wants you to be. Just relax.” — Osho
141. “Consult your conscience; rather than popular opinion.” — Publius Syrus
142. “Do not commit to any side or cause but yourself.” — Robert Greene
143. “Become who you are.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
144. “Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.” — Bertrand Russell
145. “I pay no attention whatsoever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.” — MozartBe Yourself Quotes To Keep You Going
146. “About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.” ― Rita Mae Brown
147.“Make the most of yourself….for that is all there is of you.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
148. “You are unique. You have different talents and abilities. You don’t have to always follow in the footsteps of others. And most important, you should always remind yourself that you don’t have to do what everyone else is doing and have a responsibility to develop the talents you have been given.” ― Roy T. Bennett
149. “The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don’t let them put you in that position.” ― Leo Buscaglia
150. “What other people think and say about you is none of your business. The most destructive thing you would ever do is to believe someone else’s opinion of you. You have to stop letting other people’s opinions control you. ” ― Roy T. Bennett
151. “You were not born on earth to please anyone; you have to live life to express yourself, not to impress someone. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not, and never lose yourself in search of other people’s acceptance and approval.” ― Roy T. Bennett
152. “Just remember to always be yourself and don’t be afraid to speak your mind or to dream out loud” ― J.A. Redmerski
153. “To be one’s self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity.” ― Irving Wallace
154. “There are some values that you should never compromise on to stay true to yourself; you should be brave to stand up for what you truly believe in even if you stand alone.” ― Roy T. Bennett
155. “Be yourself. Be true to that, to your heart. Patience. See what happens if you step back instead of bounding forward.” ― Nora Roberts
Did you enjoy these be yourself quotes?
Although the world may try to influence who you are, you should never allow others to change you.
You should remain true to yourself because that’s what will make you happy.
In a world that’s constantly evolving, it’s vital that you always be true to yourself from the inside out.
All in all, being your authentic self should be one of your main life goals.
Hopefully, these quotes have inspired you to drop whatever mask you might be donning.
Did you enjoy these be yourself quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
July 26, 2022 6:00 AM EST
Quotes about truth
Quotes about truth and its bitterness, truth and error
49 quotes in Russian
Add a quote
The truth must be held - the truth must be sought
If you want everyone to hate you, tell the truth.
Listen only to the enemy, for he will not deceive you as "friends".
Seeing the truth is always painful, but necessary.
Some people lack the gift of seeing the truth. But what sincerity breathes their lies!
It's not safe for husbands to tell the truth about their wives! It's funny, but wives can tell the truth about their husbands quite calmly!
relations between m. and f.
My way of joking is to tell the truth. There is nothing funnier in the world.
Don't lie, but don't tell the whole truth either. Nothing requires such careful treatment as the truth - this is bloodletting from our very heart. Considerable skill is needed both to tell the truth and to keep silent about it ... not every truth can be said: keep silent about one for yourself, about the other for the sake of another.
A lie reveals to the one who knows how to listen, no less than the truth. And sometimes even more!
listening skills lie
One should not tell the whole truth, but only the truth should be told.
Truth means the victory of conscience in a person.
If you only speak the truth, you don't need to remember anything.
Sometimes the truth doesn't matter... The main thing is that you know it.
The truth is like a bitter drink, unpleasant in taste, but restoring health.
The truth is difficult to prove precisely because it does not require proof.
The truth requires perseverance: one must stand for the truth or hang on the cross, a person is moving towards the truth. Truth must be held - truth must be sought.
Enemies always tell the truth, friends never.
friends and enemies
There is a saying that one must speak of the dead either well or nothing. In my opinion, this is stupidity. The truth always remains the truth. If it comes to that, you have to hold back when talking about the living. They can be offended - unlike the dead.
One must live with the truth, as if on fire: neither get too close, so as not to burn, nor move far away, so that it is not cold.
Don't look for the truth in others if you don't have it.
The hardest thing in life is telling the truth.
I care about the truth, not for the sake of the truth, but for my own sake.
Our ear to flattery is a wide-open door, but to truth it is the eye of a needle.
Only the truth, no matter how hard it is, is easy.
Starting the search for the truth, you need to be prepared for any result.
-Disinformation. Beautiful lies outweigh the truth. The press only needs to provide a villain.
lie season 1 episode 2
Truth travels without visas.
If a person tells the truth, sooner or later he will be brought to clean water.
We often see the truth, but rarely hear it - almost never in its pure form, especially when it comes from afar: then it has an admixture of addictions through which it has passed.
Let me speak freely if you want to hear the truth.
Truth sometimes bends, but never breaks and floats over lies like oil over water.
Tell the truth and you will be original.
— You know... The truth is a subjective thing. Everyone sees her differently, like me ... It's convenient.
- It's hard to live like this.
- It's a way not to die...
The people have the right to the truth, just as they have the right to life, freedom, the struggle for happiness.
There is nothing more beautiful than the truth that seems implausible! In the great feats of mankind, precisely because they rise so high above ordinary earthly affairs, there is something incomprehensible; but it is only in the incredible thing that it has accomplished that humanity regains faith in itself.
Better a bitter truth than a sweet lie
The truth is always brave.
Truth and freedom are the pillars of society.
Truth, like a jewel, should not be embellished, but it should be positioned so that it can be seen in favorable light.
Truth loves to settle in deeds: not every deed is truth, but truth always lives in deeds.
I speak the truth insofar as I dare to speak it; the older I get, I dare to do it less and less.
Such is the irresistible nature of truth that it asks and desires only one thing - the free right to be born. The sun does not need an explanatory inscription - it will be distinguished from darkness anyway.
There is nothing sweeter than the light of truth.
Truth overcomes any space and cannot be stopped by any boundaries.
The truth is irresistible if it is expressed skillfully.
Truth is the source of our faith and hope.
We were born to seek the truth, not to possess it.
Truth can be expressed in many ways, but truth is one and eternal.
Not every force stands for the truth, but the truth always reports itself by force.
Add a quote
short, beautiful sayings, wise aphorisms about truth and truth with deep meaning
by Oleg Kerbikov 3 comments on the entry A selection of the best phrases and quotes of famous people about the truth (truth)
Since ancient times, people have been trying to find the truth in everything. But in order to comprehend it, it is necessary to understand the essence of what is happening around. The concept of truth is debated and discussed in a variety of contexts, including philosophy, art, theology, and science. We have collected here more than 400 beautiful, thoughtful phrases and quotes about the truth, its significance in our world, and the opposition of lies.
- The end of lies does not mean the beginning of truth. (Frederic Begbeder)
- In every truth there is fiction, and in every fiction there is truth. ("Animatrix")
- If you're drunk, you can tell the truth - no one will believe. (Francoise Sagan)
- I think that the strength is in the truth. Whoever has the truth is the stronger one. So you deceived someone, you made money. And what, you became stronger? No, it didn't. Because you don't have the truth. (Movie Brother)
- Enemies always tell the truth, friends never. (Mark Tullius)
- Truth sometimes bends, but never breaks and floats over lies like oil over water. (Servantes, Miguel de)
- How to get a person to tell the truth? Annoy him, in a rage people don't have time to make up lies. (Bernard Shaw)
- There are truths so obvious that they cannot be proven. (Arkady Davidovich)
- In wartime, truth is so precious that it must be guarded by false guards. (Winston Churchill)
- The lie runs sprints, but the truth runs marathons. (Michael Jackson)
- The truth that sets us free is most often the truth we don't want to hear. (Herbert Agar)
- The truth is always hard to tell, lies are always easy to listen to. (S. Broan)
- No matter how bitter the truth is, it is better than uncertainty. (Donna Moisinha)
- The people have the right to the truth, just as they have the right to life, freedom, the struggle for happiness. (Frank Norris)
- While the truth puts on its shoes, the lie has time to run around the whole world. (Terry Pratchett)
- Approaching the truth, we move away from reality. (Stanislav Jerzy Lec)
- The best way to hide your real motives is to tell the truth. (John Steinbeck)
- Only those who can afford not to lie are free. (Albert Camus)
- Truth ceases to be truth as soon as more than one person believes in it. (Oscar Wilde)
- Sometimes, telling the truth can be too vulnerable. ("Clinic")
- Truth is a bomb that kills two: the one it was thrown at and the one who threw it. (F. Parturier)
- Flattery breeds friends, truth haters. (Publius Afr)
- Truth can wait, as it has a long life ahead of it. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
- Don't look for the truth in others if you don't have it. (Frank Norris)
- In their hearts, no one wants to hear the truth, especially if it hits the spot. (Meredith Grey)
- Truth is an invention of maniacs: it pricks the eyes and cuts the ears. (Mark Levy)
- Do you know what's worse than the fear of telling the truth? Fear of knowing her. (Milton Fine)
- The truth hurts much more than a lie. Stronger, that's just the pain from it is sharp and instantaneous, and a lie poisons the soul for years. (Ilia Amirova)
- If you believe in the power of truth, don't try to convince, it will win anyway. (Edmond Rostand)
- Because you sincerely believe in something, this something does not become true. (William Paul Young)
- If the truth is many-sided, then the lie is many-sided. (Winston Churchill)
- My weapon is the truth, and any army is powerless before this weapon. (Akhmat Kadyrov)
- Every fool can tell the truth, but you need to have something in your head to tell a good lie. (Samuel Butler)
- If you tell a lie to a person, you lose confidence. To tell the truth, you lose a man. (Marina Bykova)
- If you want to pass for a liar, always tell the truth. (Logan Smith)
- They say truth will prevail in the end, but it's not true. (Anton Pavlovich Chekhov)
- Truth is the most valuable thing we have; let us use it carefully. (Mark Twain)
- Truth means the victory of conscience in a person. (Mikhail Prishvin)
- Always tell the truth, you won't have to memorize anything. (Aren Smith)
- It's strange how often the truth seems implausible. (Erich Remarque)
- The truth is the most beautiful, but at the same time the most dangerous thing. Therefore, it must be approached with great caution. (JK Rowling)
- We are ready to believe anything but the truth. (Kaplos Safon)
- Most writers regard the truth as their most valuable possession, which is why they use it so sparingly. (Mark Twain)
- We should not be offended by people who withheld the truth from us. We ourselves constantly hide it from ourselves. (Francois de La Rochefoucauld)
- In life, it is important who exactly tells the truth. In the mouths of some, the truth becomes a lie. (T. Mann)
- If you've tried everything and gotten nowhere, try telling the truth. (R. Reagan)
- It's always important to tell the truth, but it's even more important to tell the right truth. (38 monkeys)
- Everyone around knows the truth about themselves, it's just that it's much more convenient for them to lie. (Max Fry)
- It takes a lot of words not to tell the truth. (Anna Kamenskaya)
- Try to live in such a way that you can always tell the truth. (Jonathan Foer)
- If you want people to think you're crazy, tell the truth. (Dean Winchester)
- Why is it that the truth is the only version that no one ever believes in? (Sergey Minaev)
- Truth is always bitter, but its fruits are sweet. (Effendi Kapiev)
- If a person tells the truth, sooner or later they will bring him to clean water. (Oscar Wilde)
- Absolute truth does not exist - such is absolute truth. (David Gerold)
- To hide the truth where it is necessary is both prudent and not reprehensible, while lying is, in any case, both low and stupid. (Philip Chesterfield)
- The truth sets you free. ("Lie to Me")
- Truth is the source of our faith and hope. (Henri Barbusse)
- Truth is what you believe to be true, even if others disagree. (Christian Nielsen)
- The hardest thing in life is to tell the truth. (Oleg Roy)
- I wanted to be a philosopher of unpleasant truths - for six years. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- Truth is more incredible than fiction, because fiction should be similar to the possible, but the truth is not. (Mark Twain)
- Not every truth can be told: about one keep silent for your own sake, about the other - for the sake of another. (Elena Migai)
- There are apparently three things that no one believes. They do not believe in the truth, they do not believe in what is quite possible, and in what is quite logical. (John Steinbeck)
- All truths are low, they do not intoxicate, but sober. (Boris Paramonov)
- Truth loves to settle in deeds: not every deed is truth, but truth always lives in deeds. (Mikhail Prishvin)
- There is nothing more beautiful than the truth that seems implausible! In the great feats of mankind, precisely because they rise so high above ordinary earthly affairs, there is something incomprehensible; but it is only in the incredible thing that it has accomplished that humanity regains faith in itself. (Stefan Zweig)
- I fucking love to listen to lies, looking into the eyes ... Especially when I know the truth ... (Andriano Celentano)
- A person would rather have a hundred lies told about him than one unpleasant truth. (Samuel Johnson)
- When you're not lying, you can't be manipulated. (Nikolai Kononov)
- Better a bitter truth than a sweet lie. (Paulo Coelho)
- You should not tell the truth to people who accept at full cost everything you tell them, whether it be lies or the truth. (Mark Twain)
- Once you tell the truth, you will never be believed again, no matter how much you lie later. (Bernard Shaw)
- Those who love to fight for a just cause, as a rule, do not abuse the truth. (William Hazlitt)
- No one could live with a person who constantly tells the truth, thank God, none of us is in danger of this. (Mark Twain)
- With some people we build relationships on the truth. With others, lies. And these latter are no less durable. (A. Camus)
- A person who speaks the truth straight to the eye is worthy of respect. (Mark Levy)
- We were born to seek the truth, not to possess it. (Heinrich Mann)
- Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to stay within the bounds of plausibility, but truth doesn't. (Mark Twain)
- I'll tell you the truth about you, which is worse than any lie. (A.S. Griboyedov)
- Ultimately, regardless of the facts, a person believes in the truth that is more pleasant to him. (Thomas Bacon)
- From the naked truth, passions are aroused. (Ashot Nadanyan)
- One must be able to disregard the opinions of others if one feels one's own rightness. (Daniil Andreev)
- A lie will travel half the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes. (Mark Twain)
- Truth is not always art, and art is not always true, but truth and art have points of contact. (Jules Renard)
- To demand the truth, leaving intact all those conditions that give rise to lies, means to demand that there be no dirt on an unpaved street when it rains . .. (Dmitry Ivanovich Pisarev)
- Who will tell me the truth about me, if not a friend. (Vissarion Belinsky)
- Truth is a strange thing. First we spend a lot of time to get to know it, and then the rest of our lives to forget it. (Oleg Roy)
- If I speak the truth, it doesn't matter who I am, the truth alone gives weight to words. (Pierre Corneille)
- Sometimes, for the sake of accuracy, small lies are added to the truth. (V. Bartoshevsky)
- People believe what they want to believe. Even if it's not true. (Tony Maguire)
- Truth has no way. The truth is alive, therefore, changeable. (Bruce Lee)
- It's hard to believe that a person is telling you the truth when you know that if you were him you would be lying. (Henry Menken)
- Few can be truthful! And who can, does not want more! But least of all can they be kind. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- To tell a person the whole truth, sometimes more than a duty, is a pleasure. (Oscar Wilde)
- The truth is mysterious, elusive, it always has to be conquered anew. (Albert Camus)
- Honesty is the simplest expression of the principle of truth. (Samuel Smiles)
- No woman has yet told the whole truth about her life. (Isadora Duncan)
- The difference between a lie and the truth is that a lie always has witnesses, and the truth never. (Mikhail Zadornov)
- False promises are more annoying than outright refusals. (Pierre Boist)
- Truth is what is believed. (Felix Vetrov)
- You cannot tell the whole truth about life even to yourself. (M. Dombrovskaya)
- There is so much bitter truth in this world. There are so many of them that it is impossible not to open them. (Lisa Rowe)
- Don't lie, but don't tell the whole truth either. Nothing requires such careful treatment as the truth - this is bloodletting from our very heart. Considerable skill is needed both to tell the truth and to keep silent about it . .. not every truth can be said: keep silent about one for yourself, about the other for the sake of another. (Baltasac Gracian)
- People always think that every person has bad sides, skeletons in the closet, demons under the bed. But, the truth is that you will never know the whole truth about me, just like I about you. (Tom Hanks)
- The more delusional the explanation, the closer to the truth. (Dmitry Yemets)
- Whatever the truth, you can't spread it on bread. (Susan Collins)
- It is necessary to deviate a little from the truth, and you are carried away into such a jungle. (Frederic Begbeder)
- They say that when you distort the facts, in time the lie becomes the truth. ("When cicadas cry")
- Truth is beautiful, no doubt about it. The same applies to lies. (Ralph Emerson)
- What is the point of searching inquisitively and persistently for the truth, if it always lies right on the surface anyway! (Yuri Khanon)
- Often the surest way to deceive a person is to tell him the pure truth. (Mark Twain)
- I speak the truth insofar as I dare to speak it; the older I get, I dare to do it less and less. (Michel Montaigne)
- Sometimes the lie merges so closely with the truth that it's hard to live in the remaining gap. (Stanislav Jerzy Lec)
- Always and in everything, the False walks ahead, captivating fools with its vulgar loudness. Truth comes last and late, trailing after the lame Time. (Baltasar Gracian)
- Every time what you think becomes the truth inside you. And any living being is always at the peak of the truth, no matter what it believes. (Elena Kolesnik)
- One cannot discount a person who is crazy enough to tell the truth. (Thomas Harris)
- Seeing the truth is always painful, but necessary. ("Revenge")
- If you eliminate everything impossible, then whatever remains will be the truth. (Sherlock Homes)
- Tell the truth, provided it is pleasant. Otherwise, no more words are needed. There may be something more than the truth, than the truth. .. (Sridhar Maharaj)
- Telling the truth in this world becomes dangerous. You can run into it like that - you won’t collect the bones. (Ulyana Tulina)
- Nudity is the best decoration of truth. (Thomas Fuller)
- Difficulties of the transitional period: the old truth has already turned into a lie, and the new lie has not yet become the truth. (Vladimir Kolechitsky)
- The truth hurts, but in the long run it's the best alternative. (Mark Twain)
- If you chose the path to the cherished truth from a young age, do not argue with the ignorant, forget their advice. (Avicenna)
- You will never know the truth. Because at night, when all the words are spinning on my tongue, I will never call, and during the day I become cold and unapproachable again. (Max Fry)
- I care about the truth, not for the sake of truth, but for my own sake. (Samuel Butler)
- You can cheer up a blindfolded person as much as you like - let him look through the handkerchief, he will still not see anything, and only when the handkerchief is removed will he see everything. (Franz Kafta)
- With the help of the truth, you can be deceived and carried away anywhere. (Nietzsche)
- The truth is the truth, the truth with a capital letter is a chimera, an empty space. (Aldous Leonard Huxley)
- You can and the truth ... dosed. The truth must always be told in doses, this is a poorly digested product, a person can get sick out of habit. (Sergey Lukyanenko)
- There is no point in telling anything but the truth. (Amy Winehouse)
- What is said out loud does not become true from this. (Max Fry)
- Telling the truth is not rudeness, but the property of a business person who is used to saving time. (Mark Levy)
- Of course, idle chatter is a sinful and unkind thing, but it so often turns out to be true. (Agatha Christie)
- Wise is not the one who proved something, but the one who, knowing the truth, kept silent. (Confucius)
- A truthful person eventually comes to realize that he is always lying. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- If you don't know what to lie, tell the truth. (Vera Kamsha)
- Political truth: any statement that cannot be proven false. (D. Lynn & E. Jay)
- Some hide the truth from others because they are afraid of it, others hide it from the former because they want to save it before the deadline. But it's the same truth. (E. Lets)
- When you hear an opinion that you don't like, examine it and find the truth in it. (Sri Aurobindo)
- Only the truth is offensive. (Napoleon)
- Sometimes it is easier to endure the deceit of the one you love than to hear the whole truth from him. (Francois de La Rochefoucauld)
- Disinformation. Beautiful lies outweigh the truth. The press only needs to provide a villain. (Strain)
- They say that the truth sets you free, but I think this is selfish nonsense. The one who speaks may be set free, but those who listen almost always have to suffer. (Irwin Welsh)
- Never get angry at a person for telling the truth. (Ayn Rand)
- Truth is a piece of ice. (Andrzej Sapkowski)
- The trouble is that we tend to consider the number of those who believe in it the best proof of the truth. (Michel Montaigne)
- Truth cannot be explained in such a way that it is understood, it must be believed. (William Blake)
- People always demand the truth, but they rarely like it. (George Martin)
- Falsehood, while growing into power, will never grow into truth. (Rabindranath Tagore)
- There are three things that most people are afraid of: trust, tell the truth, and be yourself. (B. Shaw)
- Truth, like a jewel, does not need to be embellished, but it should be positioned so that it can be seen in favorable light. (Jrj Santayana)
- My job is to tell the truth, not to make you believe it. (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- Sympathy, mercy, generosity and love, charm and beauty are beyond the naked truth! (Sridhar Maharaj)
- That's what you need when you feed a big lie - flavor it with the truth so that it is more edible. (Sherlock Holmes)
- In order to find out the truth about a person, you need to get as close as possible to him, and this is almost impossible. (Chuck Palahniuk)
- When a woman asks something, it is better to answer the truth, since it is very likely that she already knows the answer. (Boris Trushkin)
- Madness is granted the privilege of speaking the truth without offending anyone. (Erasmus of Rotterdam)
- When we get angry, unfortunately, we only speak the truth. (Denis Diderot)
- Truth always wins. For what wins is always true. (G. Laub)
- Where the truth emerges through the fog, deceit is defeated... (Firdousi)
- Clarity is such an obvious property of truth that they are often even confused with each other. (Joseph Joubert)
- Lie - and you will be nice to everyone, cut the truth - and you will die on the block. (Nikolay Vekshin)
- The same statement can be true or false depending on the context, and the context is multi-layered, multi-complex, changeable. Even worse: the truth can serve a lie, play the role of a lie, be a lie. And even worse, more complicated, more insidious: a lie can play the role of the truth, be the truth. (Lev Anninsky)
- The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of deep truth can be another deep truth. (Niels Bohr)
- There is no truth on earth, but there is no truth above. (Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin)
- The degree of truthfulness of a person is an indicator of the degree of his moral perfection. (Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy)
- Being bold in words is easy when you are not going to tell the whole truth. (Rabindranath Tagore)
- We are ready to admit that we made mistakes at all previous stages of our life path only if we came to an unexpected and firm conviction that now we are absolutely right. (Robert Stephenson)
- Because some bend the truth in one direction, I will not bend it in the other. (Jean Rostand)
- Why am I lying? Because I can't bear the truth. What is the truth? That Wednesday plus three days is Saturday, and Saturday is almost over. (Cora Hubsch)
- True... she's like the sun - she can be silenced for a while, but she's not going anywhere. (Doctor Tom)
- The heart kept repeating: “The main thing is the truth”, the brain understood: “Who needs this?”. (Doctor House)
- Our ear for flattery is a wide open door, but for truth it is the eye of a needle. (Blaise Pascal)
- A person feels uncomfortable when talking about himself. Give him a mask and he will tell you the whole truth. (O. Wilde)
- What kind of Truth is this, if it is true on one side of the mountains, and not true on the other. (Michel de Montaigne)
- It is better to know the truth than to believe in a lie. (Denis Diderot)
- The final truth to the Russian people is always told obscenely. (Victor Pelevin)
- People often lie about little things just because telling the truth is too troublesome. (Max Fry)
- Do not believe in fairy tales. They were true. (Stanislav Jerzy Lec)
- Let's believe that power is on the side of truth; and may this faith help us to fulfill our duty as we understand it. (Abraham Lincoln)
- My jokes are that I tell people the truth. This is the funniest joke in the world. (George Bernard Shaw)
- If you strive for peace of mind and pleasure, then believe; if you seek to know the truth, then investigate. (Heinrich Heine)
- And you will know the truth, and the truth will drive you crazy. (Aldous Huxley)
- Each person must determine for himself how much truth he can bear. (Pablo Picasso)
- Not a single line of truth has been written about me. Simply because there is really nothing to write about me. (Robert Pattison)
- A person who is not afraid of the truth has nothing to be afraid of lies. (Thomas Jefferson)
- My literary destiny is very curious. I have never been able to lie without being believed; when I spoke the truth, no one wanted to believe me. (Mark Twain)
- The search for truth, in the world around us, often leads us to our own essence, which asks more questions than answers ... (Max Frei)
- I love the truth without embellishments. (Alexander Vasilyevich Suvorov)
- Truth stared me in the face, but I didn't have the strength to raise my head. (Becca Fitzpatrick)
- Truth is difficult to prove precisely because it does not require proof. (Kaverin)
- We often see the truth, but rarely hear it - almost never in its pure form, especially when it comes from afar: then it has an admixture of addictions through which it has passed. (Gracian y Morales)
- I love the stage, everything on it is much more true than in real life. (O. Wilde)
- Rabbit met a boa constrictor and for the last time in his life looked the truth in the face. (Leonid Krainov-Rytov)
- Telling the truth is always dangerous. (Percy)
- A lot of truth is said in jest. (Jonathan Swift)
- Telling the truth is easy and pleasant. Only after all, good people can crucify her on the cross. ("Master and Margarita". Bulgakov)
- The surest sign of truth is simplicity and clarity. Lies are always complex, pretentious and verbose. (L.N. Tolstoy)
- If there was only one truth, you would not be able to paint a hundred canvases on the same subject. (Pablo Picasso)
- When adults need an idiot, they take the first person they meet and tell him a little bit of the truth. (Sergey Lukyanenko)
- It's much easier to say "I don't remember" than to tell the truth. (Cal Lightman)
- This is exactly how, if I'm not mistaken, the ideal truth should look like: pure and absolutely incomprehensible to anyone. (Yuri Khanon)
- We are more sincere towards others than towards ourselves. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- We speak the truth out loud because we ourselves want to hear it ... (Meredith Grey)
- Honesty is when you want to say one thing, but you tell the truth. (Guy Julius Orlovsky)
- There are false proofs of the truth. (Vladislav Pekarsky)
- Truth can't always heal a soul. (Maxim Gorky)
- The truth is always on the way. (Tomas Burek)
- The truth is not such an important thing to hide ... (Max Fry)
- Paradoxes are the only truth. (Bernard Shaw)
- Such is the irresistible nature of truth that it asks and desires only one thing - the free right to be born. The sun does not need an explanatory inscription - it will be distinguished from darkness anyway. (Thomas Paine)
- The lie reveals to the one who knows how to listen no less than the truth. And sometimes even more! (Agatha Christie)
- It's not safe for husbands to tell the truth about their wives! It's funny, but wives can tell the truth about their husbands quite calmly! (Agatha Christie)
- The truth is always much worse than fiction. (Brothers Grimm)
- The worst thing about looking for the truth is that sometimes you find it. Not to mention the fact that after that you are not invited to visit. ("Sin Eater")
- Women lie easily when talking about their feelings, and men even more easily tell the truth. (Jean de La Bruyère)
- I'm not going to guess. There is still no other truth in the world, except for the one in which we want to believe. (Sergey Lukyanenko)
- For truth, triumph is sufficient when it is accepted by a few, but worthy: to be pleasing to all is not its lot. (Denis Diderot)
- The truth is so naturally perceived by the mind that when you first recognize it, it seems that it was only remembered. (Bernard Fontenel)
- Lies are often told in secret in order to find out the truth. (Pierre Boist)
- Be realistic: don't tell the truth. (Stanislav Jerzy Lec)
- The truth is like a bitter drink, unpleasant in taste, but restoring health. (Honoré de Balzac)
- It happens, of course, that the truth gets away with a person. But a flimsy, stupid, clumsy lie will not last even two years - the exception is slander. She is practically invulnerable. (Mark Twain)
- Sometimes it's easier to award a prize than to be right. (Stanislav Jerzy Lec)
- Some people lack the gift of seeing the truth. But what sincerity breathes their lies! (Stanislav Jerzy Lec)
- Truth can be expressed in many ways, but truth is one and eternal. (Ivo Andric)
- When an interlocutor emphasizes that he is telling the truth, you can be sure that he is lying. (Bertrand Russell)
- People feel the truth. They may not love her, but they always feel. ("The Last Kiss")
- The truth is worth the risk. (Team A)
- A true word pleases God, but angers a man. (Bengali proverb)
- Keep in mind for the future, Sir Max: the truth often looks unreliable, as opposed to skillfully constructed fiction! (Max Fry)
- Writing simply and clearly is just as difficult as being sincere and kind. (Somerset Maugham)
- No matter what they tell you, they don't tell you the whole truth. No matter what they talk about, it's always about money. (Arthur Bloch)
- The truth is scary, but it's not scary with it. (Angel de Coitiers)
- If you concealed the truth, concealed it, if you did not rise from your seat and did not speak at the meeting, if you spoke without telling the whole truth, you betrayed the truth. (Jack London)
- Lies have become as natural as air. The truth has become exceptional, paradoxical, witty, mysterious, poetic, out of the ordinary. (A. Vampilov)
- We sometimes tell the truth, because there is no other way. (Meredith Grey)
- You will find the truth in the mirror, not on the tongue of men. (George Martin)
- People ask questions and get offended when they hear the truth. Not ready for the truth, don't ask questions. (Mark Twain)
- Trust those who seek the truth, distrust those who find it. (André Gide)
- When in doubt, tell the truth. (Mark Twain)
- Lies are the religion of slaves and masters. Truth is the god of the free man. (Maxim Gorky)
- Any truth, as soon as it is said, loses its certainty, approaches a lie. (A. Daudet)
- The truth is rarely funny. (Patrick Jane)
- Great truths are too important to be new. (Somerset Maugham)
- Everyone has their own truth of life, and not the only one for everyone. (Vicky Cristina Barcelona)
- Sometimes it seems like you need the truth until you get it. (Lex Luther)
- People are always truthful. It's just that their truth changes, that's all. (Tristan Bernard)
- To suspect is worse than to know. Reality has limits, imagination does not. (O. Wilde)
- The discovery of old truths sometimes resembles the undressing of old ladies. (Vladislav Grzeszczyk)
- From that time until the current days Only Truth and alive Between the flowers and herbs blooming Life is sadness, weeping-grass. (Konstantin Balmont)
- Don't ever try to prove you're right, because then you'll be wrong. (Elder Joseph Hesychast)
- One should not tell the whole truth, but only the truth should be told. (Jules Renard)
- Truth overcomes any space and cannot be stopped by any boundaries. (Henri Barbusse)
- Again insults. “Again, the truth you never knew how to listen to.” “I scarred from your truth. (Ray Bradbury)
- Eavesdropping, of course, is not good, but sometimes there is no other way to find out the truth. (Jodi Picoult)
- If you touch the passions in a person, Then, of course, you will not find the truth. (Sergei Alexandrovich Yesenin)
- We should be grateful to God that he created the world in such a way that everything simple is true, and everything complicated is not true. (Sergey Kapitsa)
- Truth sometimes breeds hatred. (Terence)
- There are few people for whom the truth would not sound like an insult. (S. Segur)
- The deepest truth blossoms only from the deepest love. (Heinrich Heine)
- My way of joking is to tell the truth. There is nothing funnier in the world. (Bernard Shaw)
- If you want to know the truth, no one will tell you! They will only tell you their version. If you want to know the truth, you will have to find it yourself. (Julian Assange)
- When you tell the same story many times, it becomes more and more like the truth. (Charles Bukowski)
- It is better to agree with the truth and give up a false opinion than to agree with a false opinion and be defeated by the truth. (Epictetus)
- The truth should be served as a coat is served, and not thrown in the face like a wet towel. (Mark Twain)
- You like to tell the truth about others, why don't you like to hear the truth about yourself? (Margaret Mitchell)
- It is better to face the truth than to lull yourself with lies. (Khaled Hosseini)
- One must live with the truth, as if on fire: neither get too close, so as not to burn, nor go far, so as not to be cold. (Diogenes)
- You can't get a man to criticize until you make him angry, the harsh truth is always spoken with bitterness. (Henry Thoreau)
- It has been so for centuries: Having been burned, we do not climb into the flame. And the one who speaks the truth is mercilessly beaten. (G. Sachs)
- They lie to someone who is dangerous to tell the truth. (N.I. Kozlov)
- Liar Contest. The first prize went to the person who spoke the truth. (Ilya Ilf)
- Truth and beauty have always been the main thing in human life and in general on earth. (Anton Pavlovich Chekhov)
- True requires a period, false requires a comma. (Don Aminado)
- Truth has few fans. Many praise her, but only from outsiders, others follow her as long as there is no danger, and there the scoundrels openly renounce her, and the sly ones pretend to be faithful. (B. Gracian)
- The ability to accept the truth is the first step on the way to power over one's destiny. (Olga Sokolova)
- Whispers lies, whispers lies, but the truth speaks loudly. (Lope de Vega)
- You just seem to want to know more. Knowing the whole truth, you will want to forget a lot. (Dmitry Grinberg)
- A person who is in love with the truth does not need to be a poet or a great one. Without any effort on his part, he is both a poet and great. (Jules Renard)
- True - she's like an elephant that three blind men are trying to describe. ("The X-Files")
- When we read a book, the sense of the truth tells us: "That's a lie!" - for every wrong detail. If this feeling speaks often and speaks to everyone, then the book does not and will not have any value. The secret of worldwide eternal success is truthfulness. (Honoré de Balzac)
- Learn to listen, understand and love the harsh truth about yourself. (K. S. Stanislavsky)
- An aphorism never coincides with the truth: it is either a half-truth or one and a half. (Karl Kraus)
- He always tells the truth. This is one of his shortcomings. ("Trainspotting")
- You will drown in self-pity - you will not be able to change anything. If you believe rumors, you will not be able to see the truth. (Zarxis Break)
- I prefer Truth to Love, money, Faith, glory and Justice. ("Into the Wild")
- Force is always right. (James Cooper)
- The real truth is always implausible, to make it more plausible, you need to mix lies with it. (F. Dostoevsky)
- After all, what is a lie? Disguised truth. (George Byron)
- Love for life means love for truth. (Immanuel Kant)
- Truth and joy do not mix. ("Lie to Me")
- Girls always want to hear the truth, but under the truth they suspect something of their own. (Dmitry Yemets)
- Truth and freedom have that good side, that everything that is done for them or against them is equally beneficial to them. (Victor Hugo)
- Starting the search for the truth, one must be prepared for any result. (Max Fry)
- The truth is always brave. (Charles Dickens)
- Truth is invincible. Trust in it. Even when this truth is more painful and scary than expected, when the truth is worse than any lie. (Lucas Scott)
- There is nothing more difficult than to look a person straight in the eye and tell the truth... (The most cruel year)
- Lies are lower than truth, fiction is higher. (Hugo Steinghaus)
- The truth is something that in any way can discredit someone. (G. Mencken)
- There is no other truth in the world than the one we want to believe. (Sergey Vasilyevich Lukyanenko)
- Truth cannot be offended. (Baron Munchausen)
- Truth, of course, is a respectable thing, but a lie is not a crime either, because even the interlocutor has an ebullient, flexible, instantly flashing imagination. (Vladimir Zhabotinsky)
- Sometimes there is so much truth in a lie that one wants to defend it. (Vladimir Kolechitsky)
- The truth is that life is never as bad as it seems to you when you are in a bad mood. (Richard Carlson)
- We often say the most frank things as a joke so that no one understands that it is true. (Mark Twain)
- Sometimes you can pay for the truth, but sometimes you have to pay for it more often. ("White Beam Black Ear")
- It is better to speak the truth that hurts and then heals. Than telling lies that soothe and then kill. (Mark Levy)
- If you hide the truth and bury it in the ground, it will certainly grow and acquire such strength that one day it will break out and sweep away everything in its path. (Emile Zola)
- Here's the truth about the truth: it hurts, so we lie. (Meredith Grey)
- The truth is still perfect. Believe it. Even when the truth is cruel and cold and so painful that you couldn't even imagine. And even when the truth is... more ruthless than any lie. ("One Tree Hill")
- Sometimes the truth doesn't matter... The main thing is that you know it. (Sin City)
- Telling the truth is like lighting a match: it can give you light, but it can also set the whole world on fire around you… (Erika Strange)
- The dreamer denies the truth to himself, the liar to others. .. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- Truth is something that can somehow discredit someone. (G. Mencken)
- Two close desires, like two invisible wings, raise the human soul above the rest of nature: the desire for immortality and the desire for truth. (Vladimir Solovyov)
- If every question is answered only with the truth, where can one get so much of it? (Boris Trushkin)
- It often seems to people that the greater truth lies next to the greater trouble. (Karol Izhikovsky)
- Telling the truth is very difficult, and young people are rarely capable of it. (L.N. Tolstoy)
- And truthfulness is only one of the means leading to knowledge, one ladder, but not the ladder itself. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- It is impossible to carry the torch of truth through the crowd without singeing anyone's beard. (G. Lichtenberg)
- I never harm them. I tell them the truth and they think it's evil. (Harry Truman)
- A person is the least natural when he speaks on his own behalf. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
- You should never tell someone that he is wrong, but that he is only mistaken. (Giacomo Casanova)
- Truth is the kind of thing you want to know, but don't want to believe. (Oleg Roy)
- A true friend is with you when you're wrong. When you are right, everyone will be with you. (Mark Twain)
- Women drink flattering lies in one gulp, and bitter truth in drops. (Denis Diderot)
- The best brainwash is true. (L. Tomlin)
- I am not evil. I'm just not afraid to tell people the cruel and unpleasant truth. We live in a cruel and unpleasant world. (Chuck Palahniuk)
- We can't go further than half-truths. That's why we are people. Knowing only half-truths, we do a lot of stupid things. And if they knew the whole truth, they would not be able to live at all. (Erich Remarque)
- But whatever happens to you, be honest, tell the truth, even if they look at you like a psycho, and they will, but you have to understand, son, almost all these people are full of shit. (Donnie Darko)
- There is only one morality - this is the truth, only one immorality - a lie. (Ernst Feuchtersleben)
- It is much easier to find an error than the truth. (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)
- Periodically, people stumble over the truth and fall, but most then get up and rush on as if nothing had happened. (Winston Churchill)
- My dear, the whole truth is not at all what one should say to a beautiful, sweet, charming girl. What wrong ideas you have about how to behave with a woman! (O. Wilde)
- A true poet is always truthful, but a mediocre imitator never, the former is truthful even when he does not consider it necessary to adhere exactly to reality in all details, and the latter deviates from the truth, even when he observes every trifle with extreme attention and is guided by the method of a surveyor . (Max Nordau)
- Only the full truth is good. Half-truths are worthless. (Stefan Zweig)
- In order to come to the highest truth, one must continually strive for sincerity with all one's heart. (Morihei Ueshiba)
- For the truth - hatred pays us. (Hans Sachs)
- Truth and freedom are the pillars of society. (Henrik Ibsen)
- "Children and fools always tell the truth," says the old adage. The conclusion is clear: adults and wise people never tell the truth. (Mark Twain)
- The truth, no matter how bitter it may be. The truth is always better than ignorance. ("Teen Wolf")
- Live the truth - that's the best sermon. (Miguel de Cervantes)
- Tell people the truth and the country will be safe. (Abraham Lincoln)
- If a person suddenly begins to say everything that he thinks, they will not believe him. And they will be right. What kind of person is he who says whatever he thinks. (André Maurois)
- Whoever is not capable of inventing fables has only one way out - to tell stories. (Luc de Vauvenargues)
- He who is in error replaces with fervor what he lacks in power and truth. (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)
- Tell the truth and you will be original. (A. Vampilov)
- In order to learn to tell the truth to people, one must learn to tell it to oneself. (Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy)
- When people say mean things about themselves, it's almost always true. (Max Fry)
- Unfortunately, today not only a lie, but also a simple truth needs solid confirmations and arguments. (Joseph Alexandrovich Brodsky)
- It is foolish to be offended. You must always tell yourself the truth. If you don’t tell yourself the truth today, your friend will tell you tomorrow, and your enemy the day after tomorrow. (Dmitry Yemets)
- You can make a lot of people lie if they have their own selfish interest. And when everyone tells the same untruth, it is already true. (Chuck Palahniuk)
- Truth should not be concentrated, otherwise our life will inevitably turn into one big unbearably heavy, hellish truth. (Eduard Geivandov)
- Even if you are right, it does not mean that you will be believed. Truth must be fought for. (Sergey Bodrov)
- The truth about the past is possible only when it does not evoke emotions. If the past evokes emotions, it is unknowable. (Alexander Alexandrovich Zinoviev)
- I was truthful and for that reason at least retained the right to speak to people. (Anatole France)
- Long live the right to read, Long live the right to write. Only he is afraid of the truthful page, Who is forced to hide the truth. (Robert Burns)
- The truth of the matter, once it is correctly stated, is indestructible. (Plutarch)
- The truth is elusive, like a ghost. Everyone sees it in their own way. (Charles de Lint)
- In all spheres where the word works, the truth is in short supply. (Laurence Durrell)
- If you are in the minority - and even in the singular - this does not mean that you are insane. There is truth and there is untruth, and if you stick to the truth, even in spite of the whole world, you are not mad. (George Orwell)
- Sometimes the truth is all we have. (Dan Scott)
- I will never deceive someone who sincerely trusts me. But I will never prove the truth to someone who does not believe me ... (Thomas Bacon)
- There is only one truth, but lies are words, words, words ... (Doctor Who)
- A pessimist is one who tells the truth prematurely. (Cyrano de Bergerac)
- Don't be a snob. Never lie if the truth pays better. (Stanislav Jerzy Lec)
- It is much easier to forgive people for being wrong than for being right. (JK Rowling)
- I did this not in the interests of truth, but in the interests of truth. - from the book "The Golden Calf". (Ilya Ilf and Evgeny Petrov)
- Truth, spoken viciously, Is like a blatant lie. (William Blake)
- Feelings have nothing to do with truth. (Erich Remarque)
- Not the one who knows the truth is right, but the one who considers his lie to be the truth. (Milorad Pavic)
- It is true that the old man is no longer capable of climbing a mountain peak or throwing a pretty girl on a bed, it is also true that he himself no longer arouses desire. But it is good to be free from the pangs of unrequited love and the torments of jealousy. It is good that envy, which so often poisons young years, subsides with the withering away of desires. (S. Maugham)
- Telling the truth is easy and pleasant. (M.A. Bulgakov)
- Never tell the truth to people who don't deserve it. (Mark Twain)
- Being right is a dubious pleasure. The pleasure is to be able to prove that others are wrong. (Philip Chesterfield)
- They say the truth lies between two opposing opinions. Wrong! There is a problem between them. (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)
- A monstrous amount of false speculation is circulating around the world, and the worst thing is that half of them are pure truth. (Winston Churchill).
- When someone finally decides to tell you the truth to your face, it's ALMOST too late. (Frederic Begbeder)
- You can sometimes learn more from error than from being right. (Henry Longfellow)
- Only enemies tell each other the truth. Friends and lovers, entangled in a web of mutual debt, lie endlessly ... (Stephen King)
- I have come to lead a beggarly existence. I came to write about truth, beauty, freedom, what I believed in the most - about love. (Moulin Rouge)
- In this life one must face the truth, so to speak. You need to see what is, and boldly meet what you do not like. (Mary Norton)
- What a nasty way people have to say behind your back what is the pure truth. (O. Wilde)
- Not every force stands for the truth, but the truth always reports about itself by force. (Mikhail Prishvin)
- The truth is in us. The only question is where are we? (Angel de Coitiers)
- Truth requires perseverance: one must stand for the truth or hang on the cross, a person moves towards the truth. Truth must be held - truth must be sought. (Mikhail Prishvin)
- Whoever condemns a lie lies the most. I'm telling the truth and I don't trust anyone. (Mr. Freeman)
- Let me speak freely if you want to hear the truth. (Publius Sir)
- A good fairy tale always prevails over pathetic bits of truth. (Diana Setterfil)
- A person least of all turns out to be himself when speaking about his own person. Let him put on his mask and you will hear the truth from him. (Michel Montaigne)
- Sometimes seekers of truth find only adventures on their own heads... (Oleg Roy)
- One cannot believe in a beautiful fairy tale until they tell a terrible one. (S. Lukyanenko)
- We are looking for the truth, but we would like to find it where we like. (Maria von Ebner)
- He who does not need to lie, he profits from the fact that he does not lie. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- When you cannot tell the truth to those you love most in the world, sooner or later you lose the ability to tell the truth to yourself. (Cassandra Clare)
- Everyone wants to be informed honestly, impartially, truthfully - and in full accordance with his views. (Gilbert Chesterton)
- A half-truth is the truth for the uninitiated. (Yu. Nagibin)
- Let's make a deal: you don't lie about me, and I don't tell the truth about you! (Gordon Gekko)
- If a lie can be useful for a short time, then in the course of time it will inevitably turn out to be harmful. On the contrary, in the course of time the truth turns out to be useful, although it may now turn out to be harmful. (Denis Diderot)
- I have always believed that if people would stop lying for a minute and say out loud what they think, society would not survive. (Charles de Sainte-Beuve)
- Truth is our most precious possession. Let's take good care of her. (Mark Twain)
- Let the truth be bitter - listen to it. (Kay-Kavus)
- Don't be so angry, I just accidentally told the truth. (Ichigo Kurosaki)
- It would be possible to spread the truth verbally; a large apparatus is usually used to popularize lies. (E. Lets)
- Do you know what annoys me about you? Even though I can't see the lies on your face, I can't see the truth either. (Cal Lpitman)
- For many years I have been thinking about life on earth. There is nothing incomprehensible for me under the moon. I know that I don't know anything! “Here is the last truth I have discovered. (Omar Khayyam)
- There is nothing sweeter than the light of truth. (Mark Tullius)
- Who wished the truth is already terribly strong. (F.M. Dostoevsky)
- You can hit me with the truth, but never pity me with a lie. (Jack Nicholson)
- Truth is rarely pure and never simple. (O. Wilde)
- There is a saying that one must speak of the dead either well or nothing. In my opinion, this is stupidity. The truth always remains the truth. If it comes to that, you have to hold back when talking about the living. They can be offended - unlike the dead. (Agatha Christie)
- You can hate me for who I am, but not because I told you the truth. (Terry Goodkind)
- Everyone wants the truth to be on their side, but not everyone wants to be on the side of the truth. (R. Whateley)
- Whoever does not tell the truth about himself cannot tell it about others. (T. Wolfe)
- Tales lie no less than statistics! But sometimes you can find a drop of truth in them. (Sergey Lukyanenko)
- Truth is always strange, stranger than fiction. (D. Byron)
- Truth has many faces. (Chinese sayings)
- It only seems that there is only one truth. In fact, there are many of them, and they are often contradictory. There is the truth of a lamb that wants to live, and the truth of a she-wolf who has hungry cubs in her hole. In addition, there are hundreds of fake truths. For one true diamond there are always a dozen fakes. (Dmitry Yemets)
- Everyone says this, and what everyone says must be true. (James Fenimore Cooper)
- Ahead was a lie, and behind an incomprehensible truth. (Milan Kundera)
- Sometimes telling the truth is like running around naked among unfamiliar well-dressed people, and I've never been an exhibitionist. (Max Fry)
- Truth and justice are points so small that when we mark them with our crude instruments, we almost always miss, and if we hit a point, we smear it and at the same time touch everything that surrounds it - much more often falsehood than to the truth. (Blaise Pascal)
- The truth and a little bit of lies, lies and a pinch of truth, what's worse? (Orihara Izaya)
- Nothing requires such careful handling as the truth. (B. Gracian)
- Everything is too late - except the truth. (Scott Westrnfeld)
- Only scammers believe in the truth, because you can believe in something you don't understand. (V. Klyuchevsky)
- Mercy without truth is cowardice, and truth without mercy is torment, and both destroy the kingdom and every community. But mercy, supported by truth, and truth, tamed by mercy, keep the king's kingdom for many days. (Fyodor Ivanovich Karpov)
- If you want to fool the world, tell it the truth. (Otto von Bismarck)
- The truth turned out to be bitter, but I have matured. (Mia Colucci)
- If you know real pain, you won't confuse it with anything. And even if you know another pain, you cannot understand the true one. And it is true. ("Naruto")
- People who hate the truth also hate people who have the courage to speak it. (Oleg Roy)
- Truth travels without visas. (Joliot-Curie)
- Only those who are forced to hide the truth are afraid of the Truthful Page. (Robert Burns)
- The truth is irresistible if it is expressed skillfully. (Plutarch)
- Only the truth, no matter how hard it is, is light. (A.Blok)
- Only those who have no wit speak the truth. (Dostoevsky)
- Beauty and truth are incompatible. (Jonathan Safran Foer)
- Pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple. (Oscar Wilde)
- We tell the truth because we can't help it. And sometimes we tell the truth because we just have to. (Meredith Grey)
- I don't understand why gossip. If you want to annoy a person, it is enough to tell some truth about him.