Grieving the loss of a pet quotes
Grieving for the Loss of a Pet: Pet Loss Quotes
After the death of our beloved dachshund, Silke, we were inspired by the kind words and prayers offered by our friends. We’ve compiled many pet loss quotes and prayers for you to use.
Whether you use this page to find the right words of condolences to others or read for your own peace of mind, we hope that it brings you comfort. You are not alone in your journey. At some point, all pet parents face this heartache.
It’s our sincere hope these pet loss quotes will help express those sentiments that can be so hard to put into words.
Pet Loss Quotes
“Heartbreak is life educating us.”
– George Bernard Shaw
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened. ”
– Anatole France
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. ”
– Mark Twain
“If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans. ”
– James Herriot
“Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.”
– Vicki Harrison
“No heaven will not ever Heaven be. Unless my cats are there to welcome me.”
“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
– Roger Caras
“If I have any beliefs about immortality it is that certain dogs I know will go to heaven, and very very few people.”
– James Thurber
“…love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”
– Kabil Gibran
“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle. ”
– Saint Francis of Assisi
“God’s finger touched him, and he slept.”
– Alfred, Lord Tennyson
“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
“It is a fearful thing to love what death can touch.”
“The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s.”
– Mark Twain
“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome.”
– Isaac Asimov
“Death ends a life, not a relationship.”
– Jack Lemmon
“A pet is never truly forgotten until it is no longer remembered. ”
– Lacie Petitto
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
– Will Rogers
“Don’t cry because it’s over, Smile because it happened.”
– Ted Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
“The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief. But the pain of grief is only a shadow when compared with the pain of never risking love.”
– Hilary Stanton Zunin
“Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you..I loved you so- ’twas Heaven here with you.”
– Isla Paschal Richardson
“Dogs…do not ruin their sleep worrying about how to keep the objects they have, and to obtain the objects they have not. There is nothing of value they have to bequeath except their love and their faith. ”
– Eugene O’Neill, from his Dalmatian, Blemie’s, last will and testament
“I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time? The misery of keeping a dog is his dying so soon. But, to be sure, if he lived for fifty years and then died, what would become of me?”
– Sir Walter Scott
“He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me. ) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me… whenever… wherever – in case I need him. And I expect I will – as I always have. He is just my dog.”
– Gene Hill
80 Pet Loss Quotes To Get You Through This Emotional Time (2022)
These pet loss quotes talk about the love we have for our animals, whether all dogs really go to heaven, and loss in general.
Losing a pet is a difficult time for any fur parent, and it leaves friends and family wondering what to say to comfort them.
A card is always nice, or a Facebook message or response on their post.
You could say things like, “You were blessed to have each other.”
Many times, we lose our pets because we make the agonizing decision to put them down, so it is important to recognize that people might also be suffering from guilt.
That wondering “if you let them go too soon” can really wreak havoc on people’s emotions.
When I took our first family dog to the vet to be put down, it nearly killed me.
My husband and I adopted her when I was 22, and she grew up with our kids.
She was about 13 when she developed diabetes.
I gave her shots of insulin, but it got to the point where she could barely see, and I had to carry my lab mix outside.
I felt selfish and wondered if I did the right thing.
Then I remembered how she would start crying after she ate because she knew the shot was coming.
At the vet’s office, she licked my hand until the very end, trying to comfort me, like she always had.
If you’re going through such an emotional time, these pet loss quotes might help comfort you.
Don’t forget to also check out these pet quotes for all animal lovers.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Pet death quotes about love
1. “Sorrow is how we learn to love. Your heart isn’t breaking. It hurts because it’s getting larger. The larger it gets, the more love it holds.” ― Rita Mae Brown
2. “The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief. But the pain of grief is only a shadow when compared with the pain of never risking love.” ― Hilary Stanton Zunin
3. “Dogs…do not ruin their sleep worrying about how to keep the objects they have, and to obtain the objects they have not. There is nothing of value they have to bequeath except their love and their faith. ” ― Eugene O’Neill
4. “Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.” ― Gene Hill
5. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened. ” ― Anatole France
6. “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the Role Model for being alive.” ― Gilda Radner
7. “Dogs die. But dogs live, too. Right up until they die, they live. They live brave, beautiful lives. They protect their families. And love us. And make our lives a little brighter. And they don’t waste time being afraid of tomorrow.” ― Dan Gemeinhart
8. “If not for dogs, how would we know the meaning of unconditional love.” ― M.L. Gerard
9. “Having a pet is a risk – you always have the grief ahead. But that’s the flip side of love.” ― Unknown
10. “If love alone could have kept you here, you would’ve lived forever.” ― Unknown
Pet loss quotes and sayings about Heaven
11. “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.” ― Will Rogers
12. “If there is a heaven, it’s certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to detangle them.” ― Pam Brown
13. “Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.” ― Mark Twain
14. “The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s.” ― Mark Twain
15. “If I have any beliefs about immortality it is that certain dogs I know will go to heaven, and very very few people.” ― James Thurber
16. “You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us. ” ― Robert Louis Stevenson
17. “No heaven will not ever Heaven be. Unless my cats are there to welcome me.” ― Unknown
18. “You think the final act of love is setting them free to Rainbow Bridge? That is not the final act of love. The final act of love is releasing them from your leash of grief so they can be free in the heaven on the other side of the Bridge.” ― Kate McGahan, JACK McAFGHAN: Reflections on Life with my Master
Pet passing quotes about God, angels, and life without them
19. “The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be much esteemed were it not so common. Our Lord God has made his greatest gift the commonest.” ― Martin Luther
20. “Some angels choose fur instead of wings.” ― Unknown
21. “Everyone is taught that angels have wings, but the lucky ones of us find they have 4 paws.” ― Unknown
22. “One day we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God’s creatures.” ― Pope Francis
23. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” ― Winnie The Pooh
24. “Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we didn’t ever know we had.” ― Thom Jones
25. “Once you have a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” ― Dean Koontz
26. “Death ends a life, not a relationship.” ― Jack Lemmon
27. “Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome.” ― Isaac Asimov
28. “Dogs make you somebody in the eyes of the universe.” ― Bob Sullivan
29. “The bond with a dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be.” ― Konrad Lorenz
30. “The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master. ” ― Ben Hur Lampman
31. “That one true heart was left behind! What feeling do we ever find, to equal among humankind, a dog’s fidelity!” ― Thomas Hardy
Pet loss quotes about the way dogs and cats impact our lives
32. “A good dog never dies, he always stays, he walks beside you on crisp autumn days when frost is on the fields and winter’s drawing near, his head within our hand in his old way.”― Unknown
33. “All his sweet and shaggy life, always near me, never troubling me, and asking nothing.”― Pablo Neruda
34. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” ― Roger Caras
35. “Time spent with a cat is never wasted.” ― Sigmund Freud
36. “A home without a cat — and a well-fed, well petted and properly revered cat — may be a home, perhaps, but how can it prove title?” ― Mark Twain
37. “No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.” ― Leo Dworken
38. “I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time? The misery of keeping a dog is his dying so soon. But, to be sure, if he lived for fifty years and then died, what would become of me?” ― Sir Walter Scott
39. “The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.” ― Samuel Butler
40. “Having a dog will bless you with the happiest days of your life, and one of the worst days.” ― Unknown
41. “Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” ― Agnes Sligh Turnbull
Pet loss quotes for when it is time to say goodbye
42. “Love is love,” I told her, as I tell all of my patients who are ashamed to find themselves shattered by the death of a dog. “Loss is loss.” ― Meg Donohue, Dog Crazy: A Novel of Love Lost and Found
43. “Honor your grief and the pain you feel when you lose a beloved pet. It is the first step toward healing.” ― Karen A Anderson
44. “I rarely have a pet tell me their human ended their life too soon. It’s far more common to hear that their humans waited too long to help them leave their body.” ― Karen A Anderson
45. “Your pets can feel your grief after they pass away but it will not harm them or keep them from continuing on their journey in the afterlife.” ― Karen A Anderson
46. “A pet is the perfect definition of unconditional love…” ― B. J. Shonk, Missing Pieces…Broken Heart: A Recovery Guide for the Grief and Sorrow of Pet Loss
47. “Of course, not all dogs return to their owners. When they do, it is because a special bond exists between that dog and that person, a karmic bond that transcends death. Do you and your dog share this kind of special bond? Probably you do. You are reading this book because you are meant to read it.” ― Gail Graham, Will YOUR Dog Reincarnate?
48. “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes part of us.” ― Helen Keller
49. Although my tail its last has waved, from pain and suffering I have been saved. Don’t grieve that it must be you who has to decide this thing to do; We’ve been so close―we two―these years. Don’t let your heart hold any tears.” ― Unknown
50. “Our beloved pets teach us more than we could ever have expected, and they love us more than we could have hoped. ” ― Unknown
Pet loss quotes to help you cope with grief
51. “Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you..I loved you so- ’twas Heaven here with you.” – Isla Paschal Richardson
52. “A pet is never truly forgotten until it is no longer remembered.” – Lacie Petitto
53. “God’s finger touched him, and he slept.” – Alfred, Lord Tennyson
54. “Somewhere…somewhere in time’s own space,
there must be some sweet pastured space
where creeks sing on and tall trees grow,
Some paradise where horses go.
For by the love that guides my pen,
I know great horses live again.” – Stanley Harrison
55. “Sometimes losing a pet is more painful than losing a human because in the case of the pet, you were not pretending to love it.” – Amy Sedaris
56. “In every heart there is an inner room, where we can hold our greatest treasures and our deepest pain. ” – Marianne Williamson
57. “We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment.” – George Eliot
58. “We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle; easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we would still live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan.” – Irving Townsend
59. “I have every confidence we’ll see them again in Heaven.” – Dr. Hebert
60. “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.” – Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
Pet loss quotes to help ease your sorrow and find solace
61. “Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday.” – Thornton Wilder
62. “Nothing to be done really about animals. Anything you do looks foolish. The answer isn’t in us. It’s almost as if were put here on earth to show how silly they aren’t.” – Russell Hoban
63. “I believe all animals were created by God to help keep man alive.” – Iowa Fujita
64. “No one loves you unconditionally as your beloved pet.” – Cynthia Dobesh
65. “All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it.” – Samuel Butler
66. “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” – James Herriot
67. “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.” – Louise Sabin
68. “The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude.” – Thorton Wilder
69. “They’re just happy you’re there.” – Sandra Barker
70. “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives. ” – John Galsworthy
Pet Loss Quotes To Help You Move On
71. “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent.” ― Milan Kundera
72. “I guess you don’t really own a dog, you rent them, and you have to be thankful that you had a long lease.” ― Joe Garagiola
73. “A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life.” ― Bob Barker
74. “Our dogs will love and admire the meanest of us, and feed our colossal vanity with their uncritical homage.” ― Agnes Repplier
75. “A new dog never replaces an old dog, it merely expands the heart.” ― Erica Jong
76. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.” ― Josh Billings
77. “Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to. ” ― Alfred Armand Montapert
78. “There is no death, only a change of worlds.” ― Chief Seattle
79. “Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.” ― Rudyard Kipling
80. “He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me to an understanding where before I was ignorant.” ― Gene Hill
Which of these pet loss quotes resonated with you best?
My girl taught me so many things about love and life, and in the end, she taught me more about compassion and empathy for suffering.
If you are facing the difficult choice of putting your pet to sleep, just know that they love you.
The love of an animal is one of the most unconditional loves on the planet, and I truly believe they reach a point where we owe them to stop the suffering.
Only you, your pet, and the vet can really decide when that point is, and if you are there, then try and find some peace in knowing you make this choice out of love.
If you have recently lost a pet, it is fine to grieve, and if anyone doesn’t understand the depth of your sadness, that’s ok.
Most of us treat our pets like family members, and they have likely been a source of love and memories and will leave a hole in your heart when they are gone.
You can honor their life and experience grief, just like you would with a human loss.
I often joke that I like my dogs more than most people anyway…
After putting my dog down, I immediately got a new puppy, which in hindsight was not the best course of action.
I cried from the grief of losing my old dog, and puppy frustrations for the first month we had him.
I was a wreck.
In the end, though, he is my best friend.
He is eight now and starting to slow down, and it makes me sad, but I resolve to make every day count.
How have you coped with pet loss?
Which of these pet loss quotes and sayings resonated with you best?
Share your pet stories with us in the comment section below.
August 31, 2022 5:00 AM EST
30+ comforting quotes about losing a pet
Few things in life can compare to the pain and sadness of losing a pet. We welcome these fur friends into our homes and soon they become important family members. Pets lift our heads and fill our hearts with love that few others can. They offer unconditional love and always greet us warmly when we walk through the front door after a long day. Whether cats and dogs comfort us when we cry or when we laugh, the memories we create with them are priceless and will never be forgotten.
Let these quotes about missing pets inspire you during a difficult time when you lost a friend who was your constant companion. Whether you are looking for lost quotes about dogs or lost quotes about cats, we have you covered. These are also great words to include on a sympathy card for friends or family who may have lost a pet, and they can also serve as a meaningful caption to pay tribute to your beloved pet on social media. Read these uplifting words and think of those favorite moments you shared with your best friend.
what to wear to a blues concertWill Rogers Pet QuoteCredit: Southern Life
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Winnie the Pooh quoteCredit: Southern life
"How lucky I am to have something that makes it so hard to say goodbye." - Winnie the PoohPet Loss Quote by Vicki HarrisonCredit: Southern Life
“Sadness is like the ocean; it comes on tidal and tidal waves. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is insurmountable. All we can do is learn how to swim.” - Vicki Harrison
Ted Geisel Pet QuoteCredit: Southern Life
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it's over. " - Ted Geisel (Dr. Seuss)Tom Jones Pet Loss QuoteCredit: Southern Life
"Dogs have a way of finding people who need them and filling a void we didn't even know existed." - Tom JonesRoger Karas Pet QuoteCredit: Southern life
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life complete." - Roger Karas
I just pulled out all nightSigmund Freud quoteCredit: Southern life
"Time spent with a cat is never wasted." - Sigmund FreudQuote about Rita Mae Brown's petCredit: Southern life
“Sadness is how we learn to love. Your heart doesn't break. It hurts because it gets bigger. The bigger it gets, the more love it has.” - Rita Mae BrownRobert Louis Pet QuoteCredit: Southern Life
"Like a bird that sings in the rain, may grateful memories be preserved in times of sorrow." - Robert Louis StevensonMartin Luther quote about losing a petCredit: Southern life
"The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be highly respected if it were not so widespread. " Our Lord God has made his greatest gift the most ordinary." - Martin LutherQuoted by Pam BrownCredit: Southern life
“If there is a heaven, then our animals should be there. Their lives are so intertwined with ours that it will take more than an archangel to unravel them." - Pam BrownMark Twain Pet QuoteCredit: Southern Life
“Heaven comes by grace. If it was done on merit, you would be left out and your dog would be in.” - Mark TwainMark Twain pet quoteCredit: Southern life
“The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven and not to human ones.” - Mark Twain
was Clint Eastwood in the ArmyLacy Petitto Pet Loss QuoteCredit: Southern Life
"A pet is never forgotten until it is no longer remembered." - Lacy Petitto.Mark Twain's pet quoteCredit: Southern life
"A house without a cat - and a well-fed, well-loved and properly respected cat - can be a house, but how can it confirm the title?" - Mark TwainKonrad Lorenz Pet QuoteCredit: Southern life.
"The connection with the dog is as strong as the bonds of this earth can be." - Konrad LorenzLeo Dworken's Pet QuoteCredit: Southern Life
"No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever completely remove his hair from your sofa." - Leo DworkenJohn Grogan Pet QuoteCredit: Southern Life
“It's amazing how much love and laughter they bring to our lives, and even how much we become closer to each other because of them.” - John GroganJames Thurber quoteCredit: Southern life
"If I have any ideas about immortality, it's that some dogs I know will go to heaven, and very few people." - James ThurberJack Lemmon quoteCredit: Southern life
"Death ends life, not relationships." - Jack Lemmon
Lara Flynn Boyle Twin PeaksQuote from James HerriotCredit: Southern life
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, devotion and gratitude, then animals are better off than many people. " - James HerriotHilary Stanton Pet Quote
“The risk of love is loss, and the cost of loss is grief. But the pain of grief is only a shadow compared to the pain of never risking love." - Hilary Stanton ZuninEugene O'Neill Pet QuoteCredit: Southern life
“Dogs ... don't spoil their sleep by worrying about how to keep the items they have and get the items they don't have. They cannot bequeath anything of value except their love and faith.” - Eugene O'NeillGene Hill pet quoteCredit: Southern life
“No one can fully understand the meaning of love unless they have a dog. A dog can show more sincere affection for you with a single flick of its tail than a human can muster in a lifetime of handshakes.” - Gene HillElizabeth Barrett Browning Pet QuoteCredit: Southern Life
"His ears were often the first to catch my tears." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
cook meals for the weekEleanor Roosevelt's Pet QuoteCredit: Southern Life
“You gain strength, courage and confidence in every experience that you actually stop to face fear. You have to do what you think you can't do." - Eleanor RooseveltAntole France pet quoteCredit: Southern life
“Until a person loves an animal, a part of the soul remains unawakened.” - Anatole FranceEleanor H. PorterCredit: Southern life.
"It's funny how...cats know people from the inside better than other people, don't they?" - Eleanor H. PorterAmy Sedaris quoteCredit: Southern life
"Sometimes losing a pet hurts more than losing a person, because with a pet you didn't pretend to love it." - Amy SedarisCharles Dickens quoteCredit: Southern life
"What a gift more than a cat's love." - Charles DickensAlbert SchweitzerCredit: Southern life.
"There are two means of protection from life's adversities: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer
20 Empathy Quotes About Losing Pets20 Empathy Quotes About Losing Pets - Grief Lost Owner
Knowing what to say when someone loses a pet can be helpful for care and comfort. Pet Loss Quotes are useful to have as a reference when a friend or family member loses their beloved cat, dog, or other animal.
What to say when your pet dies
You can choose one of the following to tell your friend when she is sad:
- "I'm so sorry your pet died."
- "I know you will miss your pet."
- "I know that without your cute pet, your house will feel empty."
- "I'm here for you if you need anything."
- Grieving Gift Gallery
- 9 steps to creating an obituary
- Beautiful graveyard designs
What to say when someone's dog dies
Dogs have been shown in research to be sensitive to people's emotions, so it's no wonder people bond so closely with their four-legged friends . Never ignore the death of a dog with a heartless statement: "You need to get another one!". Each dog has its own personality, and it is not easy to replace it. Here's what to say to someone who's just lost a dog:
- "I know it's not easy to lose your best friend."
- 'Your dog is enjoying a smorgasbord of unlimited treats in the afterlife right now.'
- “I heard that when you see a butterfly, it's actually a loved one gone. The next time you go for a walk, don't be surprised if a butterfly flutters next to you."
- “I think dogs are returning to their young and healthy state in Heaven; imagine him running without pain and just waiting for your arrival someday.”
What to say when you lose a cat
People love cats because cats insist on deserved affection; you have to gain the cat's trust or they will let you know with their claws and teeth to keep you away. Taking the time to earn a cat's trust can be devastating to lose.
- "You made him very happy during the years he was with you."
- “I know you will miss his sweet purr. He was such a loving cat.”
- "There will never be a better cat than him."
- "I bet they have an unlimited supply of catnip in Cat Sky."
What to say when other pets die
People are attached not only to cats and dogs as pets. The death of fish, small pets such as guinea pigs and hamsters, and even horses or birds can leave a person sad and in need of condolences.
- 'Do you want to talk? I know you must be in pain.
- "How can I help you in this difficult time?"
- "Can I bring you lunch or coffee?"
- "I'm sorry, I know how much you loved him."
What to say to a child mourning the loss of a pet
Children may not fully understand the concept of death, but they know they feel pain when an animal dies. Console the abusive child without making empty promises or ignoring their feelings.
- “How do you feel about this?”
- “Do you want to talk about it? I'm here for you if you do.
- - You were definitely a good friend to him.
- “It's okay to be sad when a pet dies. Even adults are sad now.”
Sending a card
Sending a card to your friend to tell her how you feel about the death of her pet is appropriate. Choose a blank card and write a few lines. If you knew the pet, put his or her name in quotation marks. You can include one of these quotes about losing a pet:
- "I know you miss your faithful and beautiful companion."
- "It's hard to say goodbye to such a special companion."
- "My thoughts are with you at this time of loss."
- "May the fond memories of your beloved pet always warm your heart."
- "(pet's name) was a great friend to you and we will miss him."
- "Deepest condolences on the loss of a loved one (pet's name)."
- "I will miss the energy (nickname) and love for people. "
- "I'm here for you - please take the time to mourn."
- “I know you're sad, and it's okay to be sad. It's hard to say goodbye to such a loved one (dog, cat, etc.).
- "I've attached one of my favorite photos of (pet's name) because that's how we'll remember him: happy and bright."
How to comfort someone who has lost a cat or dog
Make sure you empathize when your friend is dealing with the death of their pet. If you're a pet owner, it's easy to grieve the loss of a friend. Otherwise, you may not understand emotions or even wonder why your friend is so suffocated due to the death of an animal. It's time to be kind and considerate. Some people live alone, except for the presence of their pet, so when the animal leaves, they are really left without company. Studies show that more people in the US have pets than children. It is not stupid or strange for people to grieve the loss of a pet. Young children can be especially hard on the death of a pet. At this time, they will need additional love and attention.
Quotes about pets
You can also add a quote that has become famous by a famous person, such as one of the following:
how to find information about someone on the Internet for free
- "A pet is never forgotten until it is no longer remembered." ~ Lacey Petitto
- "Death ends lives, not relationships." ~ Jack Lemmon
- "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life complete." ~ Roger Karas
- "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went." ~ Will Rogers
- "...what we have enjoyed we will never lose...everything we love deeply becomes part of us." ~ Helen Keller
- “It's terrible to keep a dog - he dies so soon. But of course, if he lived for fifty years and then died, what would become of me? ~ Sir Walter Scott
- "Many who have lived in it all their lives can tell us less about love than a child who lost his dog yesterday.