Thought provoking questions about psychology
21 Thought-Provoking Questions to Ask Ourselves21 Thought-Provoking Questions to Ask Ourselves
- Anxiety Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Childhood ADHD
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Panic Attack
- Postpartum Depression
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Sex Addiction
- Specific Phobias
- Teenage Depression
- Wellness Topics
- Black Mental Health
- Emotional Health
- Sex & Relationships
- Understanding Therapy
- Workplace Mental Health
- Original Series
- My Life with OCD
- Caregivers Chronicles
- Empathy at Work
- Sex, Love & All of the Above
- Parent Central
- Mindful Moment
- News & Events
- Mental Health News
- Live Town Hall: Mental Health in Focus
- Inside Mental Health
- Inside Schizophrenia
- Inside Bipolar
- Wellness Topics
- ADHD Symptoms Quiz
- Anxiety Symptoms Quiz
- Autism Quiz: Family & Friends
- Autism Symptoms Quiz
- Bipolar Disorder Quiz
- Borderline Personality Test
- Childhood ADHD Quiz
- Depression Symptoms Quiz
- Eating Disorder Quiz
- Narcissim Symptoms Test
- OCD Symptoms Quiz
- Psychopathy Test
- PTSD Symptoms Quiz
- Schizophrenia Quiz
- Attachment Style Quiz
- Career Test
- Do I Need Therapy Quiz?
- Domestic Violence Screening Quiz
- Emotional Type Quiz
- Loneliness Quiz
- Parenting Style Quiz
- Personality Test
- Relationship Quiz
- Stress Test
- What's Your Sleep Like?
- Treatment & Support
- Find Support
- Suicide Prevention
- Drugs & Medications
- Find a Therapist
- Treatment & Support
By Margarita Tartakovsky, MS on March 14, 2015
Knowing ourselves is critical in building a fulfilling self-care routine and meaningful life. I recently came across The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D, which is filled with curious and thought-provoking questions.
Here are 21 questions from the book to help you spark self-discovery. (You also can pose these fascinating questions to others.)
- “Would you ever use a happiness-producing drug that had one serious side effect: The next day, you’d remember the wonderful feelings but not what had actually happened? Do you treasure any memories that are more about how you felt than what occurred?”
- “If you could wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else and assume his or her life, would you do it? If so, who would you pick? What if you’d become the real you again in a month? or a year?”
- “What was your most enjoyable dream? Your worst nightmare?”
- “If you could become brilliant by having a visible scar stretching from your mouth to your ear, would you?”
- “Which would be worse: having to leave the country and never return, or never being able to travel more than 150 miles from where you live now?”
- “Do you work harder to earn praise and recognition or to avoid criticism?”
- “If you knew in a year you would die of a heart attack, how would you alter your life?”
- “Would you enjoy a month of solitude, all alone in an isolated, beautiful natural setting with food and shelter provided?”
- “For extraordinary wealth, would you be willing to have terrifying nightmares every night for a year?”
- “Given the choice of anyone in the world, who would you want as your dinner guest? your friend? your lover? What do you seek in a friend that you don’t expect from a lover?”
- “If what you owned had no bearing on what people thought of you, would you spend your money differently?”
- “Who is the most important person in your life? What could you do to improve the relationship? Will you ever do it?”
- “Would you rather play a game with someone less or more skilled than you? Would your answer be different if others were watching?”
- “Would you have one of your fingers removed surgically if it somehow guaranteed you immunity from all major diseases?”
- “If you could have free, unlimited service for 5 years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, housekeeper, masseuse, or personal secretary, which would you choose?”
- “Have your character and humanity been forged more by pleasure and success or by pain and disappointment?”
- “If you had to flee the country tomorrow and never return, where would you go to build a new life, and why?”
- “If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? What good might come out of telling them now?”
- “What do you feel more often: gratitude or envy? What are you most grateful for?”
- “If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about any one thing about yourself, life, the future, or anything else, what would you want to know, and why?”
- “What do you like best about your life? least?”
Knowing ourselves is really the foundation for everything. After answering several questions, think about what you’ve learned about yourself. How can you apply those lessons to your self-care routine today? How can you apply them to leading a meaningful life?
Even if these questions don’t resonate with you, find questions that do. Keep asking them. Keeping contemplating what’s meaningful and important to you. And focus on living your life from those answers.
By Margarita Tartakovsky, MS on March 14, 2015
Read this next
How to Have a Healthy Relationship with Yourself and Why It Matters
Medically reviewed by Joslyn Jelinek, LCSW
Your relationship with yourself is probably the most important one of all. Here's why and how to make it a good one.
Why You Over-Apologize and How to Stop
Medically reviewed by Kendra Kubala, PsyD
Over-apologizing commonly occurs for many reasons such as low self-esteem or mental health conditions, like OCD. But solutions are available to help…
What Is Stinking Thinking and How to Manage
Common cognitive distortions, such as overgeneralization, can influence how you feel. But there are strategies to help you manage "stinking thinking".
5 Effective Problem-Solving Strategies
Medically reviewed by Vara Saripalli, PsyD
Got a problem to solve? From school to relationships, we look at examples of problem-solving strategies and how to use them.
What Does It Mean to Fear Long Words?
Fear of long words is a type of specific phobia. It can cause high levels of anxiety, but help is available.
What Are the 4 Processes of Motivational Interviewing?
There are four key processes in a motivational interviewing conversation: engaging, focusing, evoking, and planning.
Schizophreniform Disorder: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Here are the schizophreniform disorder symptoms, why the condition may be confused with schizophrenia, and what the best treatment options are.
Understanding Negative Reinforcement
Medically reviewed by Akilah Reynolds, PhD
Negative reinforcement is a behavior management strategy, such as allowing playtime when they follow rules, that parents and teachers can use with…
Self Expectations: 7 Suggestions for Setting Realistic Expectations
Medically reviewed by Joslyn Jelinek, LCSW
Self-expectations can provide clarity, direction, and accountability. Tips, like celebrating your accomplishments, can help you set more realistic…
How Do You Know If You’re a Germaphobe?
Medically reviewed by Kendra Kubala, PsyD
If you believe you're a germaphobe you may try to avoid contamination and dirt. But treatment is available to help you cope and rule out underlying…
375 Deep Thought Provoking Questions To Ask And To Read
When was the last time you lost in your head by asking yourself some of the thought-provoking questions?
We live in a world where all we do is consume stuff without thinking much about it. It’s easy to be swept away by advertising and other manipulative tools people use to convince us about buying their products.
But what if you are able to ask yourself some thought-provoking questions that would get you looking at things in a different light?
Also read: 1000+ Hard questions to answer (Very thought provoking list)
Sometimes we need that little push to get our thought process going; an opener of sorts, a question that fires up our grey matter and makes us think.
Our imagination is a muscle and as with any muscle, it must be worked regularly. The same goes for our creative thinking and critical thinking skills. Thinking evolves with practice, just like any other kind of work, but the practice should be fun and the results inspiring.
I’ve thought of a few deep thought questions about life, love, and the entire philosophy of our existence for you to ask other people, including yourself.
This list of philosophical, psychological, and existential questions can help you develop your creative mind to come up with better ideas and a better life. Also, spark great conversation with people you like and build deep relationships.
Read till the end to keep your mind active and smarter.
Related: Huge list of Questions to ask
Table Of Contents
- Thought Provoking Questions
- Questions that make you think
- Deep thought questions
- Funny thought provoking questions
- Thought provoking questions about life
- Thought provoking questions about love
- Questions that make you think hard
- Thought provoking questions for couples
- Thought provoking questions about diversity
- Thought provoking questions for kids
- Deep thought provoking questions
- Thought provoking questions to ask on a date
- Good thought provoking questions
- Thought provoking questions to ask
- Best thought provoking questions
- Thought provoking questions about psychology
- Random thought provoking questions
- thought provoking questions to ask a girl
- Thought provoking biblical questions
- Most thought provoking questions
- Thought provoking questions for students
- Thought provoking icebreaker questions
- Thought provoking questions about diversity and inclusion
- Thought provoking questions to get to know someone
- Weird thought provoking questions
- Thought provoking questions to ask a guy
- Intellectual questions
- Challenging questions
- Thought provoking questions for the workplace
- Stupid thought provoking questions
- Thought provoking questions about feminism
- Thought provoking questions about the world
- Thought provoking questions for adults
- Thought provoking questions to ask your partner
- Thought provoking questions to ask yourself
- Thought provoking questions about religion
- Thought provoking questions for friends
Thought Provoking Questions
Here I wrote a list of the most Critical and deeply insightful thought provoking questions. If you like any one of these philosophical questions. Share your views in the comments.
What kind of ignorant thinks that money is powerful?
How sick is society?
Why are foolish people ruling the world and good humans seeking silence?
Is there anything greater than kindness?
What is the human soul made of and how to witness it?
Why do great thinkers prefer to say alone?
Do thought provoking questions to make you intense and help you to find depth inside you?
Do one needs to follow his heart or mind?
Where do human thoughts come from philosophically?
Also read: 200+ Trap Questions on different topics
Is intuition the source of everything?
How can a man turn impossible possible?
Are we too much for this life?
Why cosmos is expanding?
How can two strangers love each other so badly and be ready to die? Is that madness or Humanness?
What do you see when you look deeply into the person’s eyes?
Why so many innocent people are suffering around the world?
Is our birth a god’s mistake? By the way who is that so-called god really?
Also read: 1000+ Random Questions (The only list you need to ask for deep conversation)
Questions that make you think
I put my entire mind to thinking as deeply as I can and wrote these questions that make you think. Hopefully, this list of thought provoking questions inspire you and make you realize something about life.
What is more important – logic or reason or emotion?
What do you wish for on the last day of your life?
If you had a chance to live twice, what kind of life you would live? So, think of this as your second life and begin to live from this moment.
Can you live your entire life without the touch of a woman or a man? Why not?
What are you seeking?
What is leading you?
Have you ever realized that no one knows who you truly are, not even yourself?
What a life can become without an interpretation of itself?
How long do you wish to live?
If you had a chance to stay forever as a kid do you want it or love to grow old and die?
What makes you who you are and who you are going to be?
Can you empathize with yourself and put yourself in the place of deaf, blind, numb, and live the same way? What did you realize just by such that unfair life?
If you are born in a world of no living creatures, what you would become?
Also read: Huge list of 650+ questions that make you think (on different topics & concepts to ponder)
Deep thought questions
Here is the list of deep thought provoking questions you may love. If you had any answers for these kindly let me know in the comments.
Why are animals more intelligent than humans, at least as per my interpretation?
Is there any other source of existence other than this cosmos?
Why am I not made for this society?
When does life come to its existential stage?
What happens if all sorts of masters and the greatest humans of all time are left in the fresh giant world and allow to live forever?
Is there any other side to the atmosphere that humans do not have the capacity to witness?
What if everything and nothing meet in void?
Why we can see so much potential in one person and barely realize that within ourselves?
What happens if money is not the instrument of change? Can anyone create a better value for life?
Have you discovered your identity?
Also read: 200+ Good questions that make you think (about life, reality, universe, space, world, society, love, relationships and so on)
Funny thought provoking questions
If we are going to die anyway, why did we born?
If money doesn’t grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?
Have you ever thought of why you cry in sadness and in happiness too?
If you hit yourself and that hurts, Are you strong or weak?
Many have seen the apple falling but why did only newton question it?
If a king farts, is that noble gas?
Why are boxing rings are called boxing rings, while they are in square shape?
Why do we bake cookies and cook bacon?
If the fountain of youth makes you live forever, what if you drown in it?
If you say “Oh my god” does god says “Oh my self?”
Is there any other word for “synonym”?
Also read: 500+ Stupid questions on different topics to ask (Funny, tricky, dumb, deep, random)
Thought provoking questions about life
Does provoking questions to make us more deeply in life?
When do humans come to their senses?
Why life seems so simple yet complicated to deal with?
What if suddenly life ceases to breathe?
Is living a waste of time, if the whole world spends their whole life searching for purpose and happiness when there is no such thing exists at all?
How to find the depth of life?
Are we all feeling lonely in this life?
Why do people want to feel good about themselves all the time?
What is the philosophy of life?
Can we brainwash our own lives?
Why there is so much suffering in life?
Also read: 150 Trippy thoughts
Thought provoking questions about love
Do we all connected and attached to each other? If so, is it life or love?
Is dying for each other, is really true love?
If there is such thing as true love, why does no one ever reveal its existence?
Why do people think life is all about love?
Who is the most loved woman in this world?
Why only men build monuments for women as a sign of love but why not women for their men?
If love is the goal, then why is there so much war and hate in this world?
Can love happen without feelings and emotions and connection?
What kind of love do animals express?
Why do only two people fall in love when there is a whole world around them?
Do you still believe in love when you were betrayed by the people for your whole life?
Also read: 77 Questions that make you wonder
Questions that make you think hard
Are we all going to die for sure?
Is there any single man or woman who has been living forever but we do not have any idea who he or she is?
Why do men have pen#s and woman has vag#na?
Does gender represent identity?
Who are you?
If successful people succeeded, still what are they fighting for?
Do peace and harmony is just a myth of humanity?
Why you and I never meet, Do you think we both shall meet in the future?
If aliens exist, why aren’t they living on earth?
What would have happened if the internet was invented?
If you were not born to your mother, who would have taken your place?
If all that wasted m#sturbation s#men used to produce babies what would this world turn into?
Also read: Questions that cannot be answered by science (Not Yet)
Thought provoking questions for couples
What if the love between couples suddenly fades?
If one of the partners loses their memory, could they love each other the same way?
What is the most tragic love story you have ever read or experienced in life?
Can you love and hate a person at the same time?
Why do couples divorce, when they promised to live together forever?
How does a happy family look like?
Can a person’s love bring back the life of their partner, if they died suddenly?
How many children in the world are truly born to their partners?
How to know without any tests, that a child is born to only one partner?
What is the only goal of the parents for their children?
What is your perception about the s#xual relationship between parent and son or daughter?
Also read: 150 Questions that are hard to answer (Very deep, unanswerable, and thought-provoking)
Thought provoking questions about diversity
Why unity in diversity is so difficult to achieve and maintain?
Does diversity provoke racism?
If there is diversity, does the world become a terrible place to live because of boredom?
What is the purpose of diversity when there are only a few in the world to respect it?
Is diversity aligns with values, morals, and ethics or simply color, interests, and birthplace?
How does your ideal diversity look like?
What makes you think that you belong to certain religion, culture, or creed? What if you simply do not belong to anything or anyone?
How to eradicate the diversity issues in the world especially where you work?
What kind of monster lives in a world full of hate, racism, misjudgment, war, and ignorance?
What if men and women and children and old and the gods and the devils do not deserve a place on this earth?
Thought provoking questions for kids
What you do not want to become when you grow old?
What moment in your life did you first realize you’re not a kid anymore?
Do you think your parents are rising you as they should be?
What kind of faults do you see in the world, how do you address them, and do you have any clear plans to eradicate them?
Why are you going to school and how would it benefit you?
If you don’t like to go to school, what ideas are there in your mind? Are they better than the present system?
What do you think and act when you see a kid who is the same age as you on the streets and begging for food?
Who do you think is more toxic in your family?
How often do you lie to yourself? And why do you do that?
What is the most powerful thing in this world?
What you cannot live without?
What are you most connected to?
What are your future goals?
Whatever you learning and doing in school, is it because in the aim to earn money? If not, then what are you seeking?
Also read: 55 Great mind shifting questions about Aliens, UFO’s, UAP’s and Extraterrestrial life
Deep thought provoking questions
Is death a doorway to another life?
Why do we feel terrified of darkness?
Is there anything that mankind understands completely?
Where do we go after we fall asleep?
Have you ever felt that someone is observing you all the time?
Is depression comes only to beautiful-hearted people?
Can you live your whole life without being in contact with anyone?
What is that most scare you when you are alone?
How do you describe yourself in a single word?
What is what? Where is where? How about now? Why is it why?
Also read: 90+ Powerful Questions about God, Creation, Universe, make you think about whole existence
Thought provoking questions to ask on a date
What makes love significant than any other emotion?
How do you measure love?
Can you prove that you love me more than I love you?
Do you think dating is a terrible idea for modern love?
What’s your true intention behind today’s date?
What are the dating questions you are afraid of asking me?
Don’t you think dating is the least way of true love?
If love at first sight was really true, would you marry that person without dating, testing, and knowing nothing about that person?
Would you marry a person with no feelings?
Would you marry a person who is physically handicapped, unattractive but have a beautiful way of thinking and caring?
If people do not want to stay together, why do they create hope and make promises in love?
Good thought provoking questions
Where is everyone?
What if whatever we are speak and write makes no sense?
Are we all alone even if we are close together?
If God exists why doesn’t he or she or it reveals itself?
What is the highest form of intelligence?
How do you figure out your level of consciousness?
Can animals have a secret universe?
What do animals think of this existence?
What makes an earth a beautiful place to live?
Is everyone doomed to destruction?
How to survive the apocalypse?
Thought provoking questions to ask
How long can you live without breathing?
If you have the power to remove certain things from this existence what would it be?
If suppose you are a god, What kind of existence you would create?
What is your most powerful imagination?
Can you live in a world where no one exists but just you?
If you have the power to save one life between your mother and father, whom would you save from danger?
If God has a face, how would it look like?
Why can’t you see yourself for real?
How thought provocative your influence on your surroundings?
Is there anyone in this life who is so close to you and you don’t want to see, hear and meet them forever?
When does everything make sense?
Best thought provoking questions
What is the best human interaction you ever had?
Can you list the top 10 best ideal characteristics of a person?
What is your best thought provoking questions you never revealed to anyone?
What are you thinking right at this moment?
What is 100% of your thoughts consist of?
Why do babies cry when they are born?
Do you have any plans to save humanity from mankind?
Have you ever seen the man-eating man?
Do cannibalism still exists in this modern era?
What kind of monsters do you think are humans for killing animals for their own advantage?
Do you like humans? Why and why not?
Are you moving forward or backward or cyclic or still?
How long can you stay without breaking the silence?
Thought provoking questions about psychology
Who is the most underrated psychologist of all time?
How psychology is different from philosophy?
During what time does your brain hurt?
Do you consider yourself a depressed person?
How has psychology impacted your social life?
Is everything in life interlinked with interpretation?
Why do psychologists have a deep understanding of the human psyche?
Have you ever read the minds of random people?
If you have the skill to hypnotize humans, how do you make use of such mastery over life?
Why do sensitive people often commit suicide? What’s their psychology?
What is your inner dialogue?
How often do you listen to your intuition? and how do you know that it is intuition?
Random thought provoking questions
Can every non-living thing have life?
Why there is much perfection and order in this universe?
What do you think will happens if every person on earth stopped moving for a second at the same time?
Why life has a peculiar way of uncertainty?
What kind of mysterious person are you?
Why do people are over jealous of their own kind?
Why is everything the way it is but not the other way?
Why do failures and tragedies in life build one’s character so deep and thought provoking?
If people are out of food, do they eat their own organs?
How many times do you smile in a day?
Can you be a beast and expect to be sane?
thought provoking questions to ask a girl
Why do girls obsess with their bodies?
Do girls think of having s#x with every man they see attractive?
Why do women get envious of other women who look better than them? why does it matter so much to them?
Can a girl be more matured than an old woman?
What is maturity mean to girls?
when do girls have an existential crisis?
What exactly is feminism and what are the true motives of so-called feminists?
Why do girls make things complicated?
Why do women controlled by their emotions?
How many times in their lifetime do girls cheat on their partners?
Can girls exist without men?
Who came first a man or a woman? or a baby boy or a baby girl?
Thought provoking biblical questions
What would have happened if Jesus didn’t born?
Is the bible really overrated?
What parts of new and old testaments are applicable in the modern era?
What are the most thought-provoking questions in the bible?
Do women pastors have secret partners?
How much truth lies in the holy book of the bible?
What if everything that was ever mentioned in the bible was never written?
What biblical questions make you think? and at the same time make you feel that they make no sense at all?
Have you ever connected to Christianity or did you just follow what your ancestors were influenced you to do?
What if you do not belong to any religion?
What if Jesus was never really existed and we’ve been saying his name wrong this whole time?
Most thought provoking questions
Can a samurai sword really cut a tank in half with one well-placed swing?
If you chew hard enough can you eat your teeth?
Is good and not bad is same? If they are how can it be written in different forms?
Would you agree with the notion of idea of the concept of the story of a movie about dinosaurs who clone humans, and the humans break free and start eating the dinosaurs?
Why are only most of the talentless people are so famous on social media?
How would you feel about trying to figure out a way to visualize a solution of a potential iteration that reflects the circumstances which have been measured at the outward kinship of like-minded participants in a cooperative program designed to distribute copious data collected previously?
Do you see the irony that in prehistoric times, dinosaurs were giants who ate tiny mammals, but in modern times, dinosaurs are tiny fuzzballs who are cared for by giant mammals?
Which is worse: having people taking credit for your jokes and ideas or dating a radical feminist?
Is it possible to get old without turning retarded, or is it just part of the natural aging process?
How would our society work if all of the continents were joined together into a single supercontinent?
Thought provoking questions for students
If you have the chance to be born many times, what is the only life you prefer to live each time?
Who are more intelligent children or adults?
What subject of education is useless to study?
Will you be still a student when you grow up?
If you are the head of the school what changes you would bring so that students would be benefitted much better?
Who is that one teacher who changed your perception of education? and How did it impact your studies?
How long can you keep concentration on one particular thing?
Have you ever started reading books that are beyond your understanding ability?
Is school love real love?
Should girls and boys have different approaches to education?
Thought provoking icebreaker questions
What do you love doing so much that the words failure and success essentially become irrelevant?
What is a small pleasure that brings you great joy? Can you enjoy it today?
How much of what you did today was simply due to inertia?
How have your bad habits become a crutch you lean on? What stories do you need to let go of so you can walk freely?
If you keep doing what you are about to do today for the next five years, will you end up with more of what you want or less of what you want?
Are you hiding from your pain?
Why are you holding up everything that you wish to free?
What kind of people do you wish to hang out with but never found?
What advice can you give yourself right now?
If you had to start over, what is that you would do?
Thought provoking questions about diversity and inclusion
How to get promoted inclusively by living around the people of different cultures and diversity?
Is mindfulness a way to create inclusion among diversified humanity?
Why do introverts exclude in an extraverts’ world?
Does DNA test turn family line upside down?
Do you think recognizing our common humanity might not be enough to prevent hatred?
Can altered states help us face death with serenity and levity?
Why do history teachers are no longer just educators but trauma specialists?
Which career is optimal for inclusive minds especially for students?
What the distinctive brains of resilient people can teach us?
What human condition can be capable of inclusively?
Thought provoking questions to get to know someone
How do you feel about yourself for every moment of your life?
Do you consider yourself unique or average? Why do you think what you think of yourself?
Do you think the hardest part of being a beautiful person is the inability to be loved the way you love others?
What would cause lazy you?
Have you ever been prone to having an identity crisis?
Do you like reading the minds of people whom you find attractive?
What is the most badass thing about being a human, especially being yourself irrespective of any judgment?
How conscientious are you about your schedule and work?
How far are you from mindful habits such as self-discipline, open-mind, etc. ?
Are you afraid to tell the harsh truth?
Do you like attention and being pursued by everyone around the world?
Weird thought provoking questions
If you have no ears, can you hear with your nose?
Do paranormal activities really make people superhumans?
Would you rather know four languages very well or two languages very bad?
Have you ever slept the whole night in a standing position?
Why is it socially acceptable for babies to cry and sh#t themselves all day, but when you do it it’s suddenly a problem just because you’re slightly older?
If aliens are green, are their genitals blue?
Why are there no pyramids or crop circles on Mars?
How do you count to the letter green?
How many colors of the alphabet does it take to taste math?
Can you change your name to Constant Rejection?
Should kids be illegal to prevent pedophilia?
Thought provoking questions to ask a guy
How do you get over someone you can’t have and were never with?
Have you ever “friend-zoned” a woman who was interested in you? Why, and what was her reaction?
How would you feel if your girl stops talking and meeting you and suddenly misses forever?
What’s the worst thing about you that you never want to reveal?
What should guys avoid and be wary of?
What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?
What little things do you do every day or daily habits, which make you a better person, a more functional person in everyday life?
How attractive is a girl with a sweet, kind, and gentle but patient personality?
After a long period of not hearing/receiving any small form of kindness, did you feel teary when you finally got one?
Men, who are nurses what is it like?
At what age did you manage to get a full beard?
Do you enjoy the natural smell of your girlfriend or partner?
Is affirmative action effective?
What is the deal with globalization?
How Prestige Can Fix Our Broken Institutions?
Why cats may have more to teach us about living the good life than Socrates?
What one thing is common and different among humans and animals?
What is more superior logic or emotion?
What does it mean to be intellectually curious?
What happens if all the scientists, philosophers, spiritual leaders of all generations meet in a single room?
Can a Non-Resident Alien living in the U. S. file for a patent?
Do animals dream of the future and goals?
What is the purpose of the entire existence?
How long can you live after your death?
How to stop ruminating?
How do you cope with the existential crisis?
What’s the lowest point in your life you’ve ever come back from?
How do I learn the things later in life, that a father is supposed to teach you?
What causes you stress in your life? How do you deal with it without anyone’s help?
How did you feel when you turned 40?
What’s the best way to protect your balls from frost?
What was that moment when you felt or realized that you kinda got saved from being a victim of a harrowing crime and what led you to such a realization?
What was the biggest sacrifice you made for your partner?
How do you avoid insecurity of your body image when you see other guys have better body shapes?
How has losing significant amounts of body fat improved your life?
What are the steps after a failure to get back up and start again?
When did you decide to settle down in your life?
Thought provoking questions for the workplace
How do you stop catching feelings for a close female friend/co-worker?
If you had exactly one year to earn 1 million dollars, how would you do it?
If you could ask a single person one question, and they had to answer truthfully, who and what would you ask?
What’s your biggest insecurity in the workplace? And how do you address it to the management?
What’s your job and how did you get there and are you satisfied?
How to not be shy about eating in front of men?
What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve had to explain to your Manager?
How do you make decisions on enjoyment vs finances?
If you own Businesses, what made you wanna start a business? and how is it working out for you?
Why do so many people feel confident they are qualified to give advice in life career?
Stupid thought provoking questions
Can plants wear pants?
Can you get pregnant by female c#m?
How do you have s#x?
Do atheists get uncomfortable when people talk about God?
If man evolved from apes then why are apes still there? shouldn’t they be extinct?
How would you react if one day you randomly pooped out of your vag#na?
Can glass go in the microwave?
Why does society beat down on v#rgins?
Why can’t people smell their own bad breath?
Why don’t Americans just steal all the money from the government and fix the economy like that?
What happens if you go outside at night and start screaming?
Thought provoking questions about feminism
How to stop normalizing the hating of female spouses?
Does mansplaining is not a “Man’s thing” it’s an “S#xist thing”?
What is the role of males in feminism?
What is your opinion on female nudity in media?
How do you mentally or emotionally deal with the seeming fact that people as a whole (society) just DO NOT care about what happens to us women?
How do you teach your daughter not to define her worth based on her appearance?
Do you have internalized misogyny?
What do you think of neuro-diverse relationships and gender roles?
Why are there barely any deo sticks for women?
Thought provoking questions about the world
If you could fix one problem in the world, what would you fix?
Does absolute power corrupt absolutely?
What are some of the best moments of humanity?
Which place in the world has no one ever visited?
Does every deny the truth about the reality of the world?
How do you feel about the world that never really existed but felt in your dreams?
It is whose responsibility to change the world for the better?
Do politicians responsible for all the chaos in the world?
When will the world turn into a graveyard?
What makes the world a terrible place to live?
Thought provoking questions for adults
How do you deal with the death of a celebrity whose work you enjoy?
Is ethical non-monogamy really that common?
How do you start feeling like an adult, even while living at home?
online dating: how do you feel when a conversation with a woman becomes s#xual before meeting and are you less likely to meet IRL?
How did you get over the girl you thought was the one?
How do you feel when a girl talks to you about her s#x life?
When did you have s#x with your current girlfriend/wife? How soon?
How would you describe your personality?
How to talk to people without them thinking you want to sleep with them?
What are some things you have prepared at home when you have a girl over?
What happened the first time you were caught watching p#rn?
How do you cope with tough changes in your life?
Have you ever been with someone you lost attraction to? How did you handle it?
Thought provoking questions to ask your partner
How do I avoid communication failure and have healthy relationships?
How many kids do/did you want? What would make/have made you want two more?
What are the most hurtful behaviors or words a woman can do or say to men?
If you could change one thing about how women think of the male gender, what would it be?
How do you gain more confidence to initiate during dates?
How old were you when you discovered men have pen#ses?
How do I stop romanticizing my own emotional pain?
What is your m#sturbation routine?
What are some signs that a guy is interested in you?
What is your ideal way to initiate s#x?
What’s your least favorite “masculine” trait?
What are some great books that all men should read?
Thought provoking questions to ask yourself
Why am I sad and tired of trying to feel better?
How should I accept the idea of having simple life?
Can become god, if it is the case of the whole purpose of life?
Why does my intuition is so powerful that makes me feel I am the whole universe?
Can I be no one and everyone at the same time?
Why is my life so chaotic and suffering as hell?
What is my role in my own life?
How should I impact and inspire other’s life?
How to find my own voice that connects and resonates with the whole world?
Who am I?
Thought provoking questions about religion
If there is no religion, would there be no violence all around the world?
Who is the sole creator of the religion in the first place?
Why does Islam religion(Not all) provokes so much violence among their own community and around the world?
Do religion and spirituality interconnect? How so?
What if entire religions all over the world shut down forever?
What is the whole purpose of religious preachers?
If you were born in a religion that you don’t like what would you do?
Is there at least one thing that is common between religion and science?
What do religious people think of the big bang theory?
Do scientists completely believe in religion and in god?
Thought provoking questions for friends
What self-help advice is absolute bullsh#t?
How do you figure out what you want to do with your life?
Men who never married, how does life look like now for them?
What dreams or goals of yours did you, parents, directly or indirectly sabotage, and how?
How do I let my boyfriend know I love his body even though he’s self-conscious about being “fat”?
How do you cope with the fact that you’re no one’s “favorite, go-to” person?
How does someone practice flirting?
If you could use only 1 makeup item for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why?
How do you personally focus on being the best version of yourself every day?
What would you do if fear was not a factor and you could not fail?
How do you reconcile only having one family in life?
People vector created by freepik
This page may uses affiliate links. When you click an affiliate link, we get a small compensation at no cost to you. See Our affiliate policy for more info.
6 questions that will help you understand yourself. Better than a session with a psychologist
There is scientific evidence that people who are aware of themselves are more successful and happier than others. They make smarter decisions, more often achieve high results in school and at work, show more creative abilities, better build relationships with others, and raise their children more correctly.
With all this, the lack of self-awareness often leads to completely disastrous consequences. Here are just a few of them: an unloved job, a failed marriage, a ruined career, a lack of close friends, a loss of meaning in life.
Fortunately, each of us can learn to be deeply aware of ourselves. The author of the book Insight, psychologist Tasha Eirich recommends answering a series of questions first.
What are your values?
Think about what is really important to you in life, what principles you would never give up. Your values determine the kind of person you want to be. They are the ones you should be guided by in all your actions. This guideline will always help you make the right decision, make difficult choices, stay on the right track and maintain inner harmony.
Check your inner compass frequently, source
The following questions will help you understand your values:
1. What values were you instilled in as a child? Do you accept them today, or do they (some of them) contradict your current beliefs?
2. What experiences and events from childhood and adolescence do you consider the most important? How did they influence your outlook?
3. Are there people you look up to in your professional and personal life? Why do you think they deserve respect?
4. For whom do you have no respect? Why?
5. Which of your bosses would you call the best leader in your life, and who the worst? Justify your answer.
6. What qualities would you like to see in your children the most, and which the least?
To achieve a higher level of self-awareness, make a list of values (in a notebook or on a separate sheet that you can hang on the refrigerator) and periodically check to what extent your actions reflect these principles. For example, Benjamin Franklin assessed his actions daily using the following list of virtues:
Temperance, silence, love of order, determination, frugality, hard work, sincerity, justice, moderation, cleanliness, calmness, chastity, modesty.
Below is a comprehensive list of values from which you can choose the most important for you personally.
What are your hobbies?
What are you willing to do for at least fifty years in a row? What activities inspire you and bring you joy? Only by trusting your inclinations, you can find a job you like and enjoy life every day.
Do what you love - source
Here are some more questions to help you analyze your hobbies:
1. What is your ideal day? What would make you jump out of bed in the morning?
2. What do you never get tired of doing?
3. What activity makes you feel uncomfortable?
4. If you retired tomorrow, would you miss your job?
5. What are your favorite activities? What exactly attracts you to them?
If you have many hobbies, write down on separate cards what you enjoy doing. Shift them, think and look for patterns until you feel that you have found your way. Consider turning your hobbies into a profession.
What are you striving for?
Focus not on specific small goals (get a promotion, buy an apartment, learn to drive a car), but on what you generally want to experience and do in your life (to know the world deeper, inspire as many people as possible, express yourself through creativity, and so Further).
Steve Jobs once said, "I want to leave my mark on the universe." What are you dreaming about? Source
Remember: the process is much more important than the result. Having achieved something from the list of goals, you may be disappointed, and broad aspirations will energize you every day. Identify them by answering the questions below:
1. What did you dream of becoming as a child? What attracted you to this activity?
2. Do you find satisfaction in what you are doing now? Does this make sense? Do you have the feeling that you are missing something?
3. Reread the lists of your values and hobbies, but imagine that they were compiled by an outsider. What do you think he would like to experience or do during his life?
4. If you were told that you would be gone in a year, what would you do for the next 12 months?
5. What would you like to leave behind?
What is your ideal environment?
Imagine an introvert who has to deal with a huge number of people every day. Or a sociable person who is forced to work on projects alone for a long time. A homebody who travels on numerous business trips. And the one who cannot live without traveling, but is trying to come to terms with the gray office routine. A creative person whose ideas are constantly rejected by the boss. And a good performer who is required to be creative.
All of these people are unable to reach their full potential just because they find themselves in an unfavorable environment.
Finding something you enjoy is not everything, because any business can turn into a nightmare if you work in unsuitable conditions. The environment should not interfere, but help you. Therefore, it is necessary to create an atmosphere in which you will feel as productive and happy as possible.
By finding the right conditions for ourselves, we achieve more with less effort - source
If you understand what your ideal environment is, it will be easier for you to make important decisions: what city to live in, where to look for work, what offers to immediately refuse, what kind of people to surround yourself with. Answer the following questions to understand which conditions are right for you:
1. Under what conditions have you been most effective in the past?
2. What learning approach or environment helped (help) you learn the material better?
3. Have you had to quit your job due to unsuitable working conditions? What exactly didn't suit you?
4. What is your ideal work environment?
5. What relationships and social situations do you enjoy?
Whatever it is about (home, work, study), the main criterion in assessing the conditions is the level of your energy. If you feel cheerful and happy - everything is in order. If by the end of the day you feel weak and hold on to the last strength, it's time to think about a change of scenery.
What are your reactions?
Try to identify your patterns - the thoughts, feelings and actions that you have in different situations. The way you are used to reacting to the world around you can tell a lot about your personality. But more importantly, you are able to track down negative behavior patterns in yourself and correct them.
If you yell at your colleagues every day, then you have a pattern of irritability. If you constantly abandon complex projects halfway through, you probably tend to give in to difficulties. If you are never happy with the results of your work, you may be spoiling your life with a perfectionist habit of criticizing yourself. By identifying these issues, you will understand what you need to work on to improve.
Self-awareness is a prerequisite for self-improvement, source
Tracking your reactions, you can find not only shortcomings, but also advantages that you were not even aware of before. For example, it suddenly turns out that in extreme conditions you show remarkable leadership qualities. Of course, knowing your strengths is also very useful.
As you have already understood, here it is necessary not so much to think, but simply to observe oneself. But first, answer the following questions, they will push you in the right direction.
Looking for virtues:
1. What has always been given to you without much effort and preliminary preparation?
2. What do you think you do faster and better than others?
3. What kind of work energizes you and increases your productivity?
4. What job makes you proud?
5. Which of your achievements was the most unexpected for you?
Looking for faults:
1. Think of the biggest failures in your life. What unites them?
2. What disappointed you the most about yourself?
3. What kind of criticism do you usually hear from people around you?
4. What activities do you fear the most?
5. What traits of your character do people often joke about?
How does your behavior affect other people?
Everything we have talked about so far requires concentration on oneself. However, it is equally important to understand how other people perceive us. Often we push away friends, relatives, acquaintances with our behavior, without even realizing it.
Some may think you are cold or too hot-tempered, but you will never know the truth unless you try to analyze the reactions of others.
To build deep and lasting relationships with people, learn to look at the situation from someone else's point of view, source your partner in indifference, stop and try to imagine how they feel and think. Is the guilt of these people so great as to punish them with an angry tirade? What emotions will they experience if you can't control it? How would an outside observer see this situation?
This shift in focus will help you avoid many mistakes and change your behavior for the better. As a first step, answer a few questions:
1. Who are the most important people in your personal and professional life (colleagues, bosses, clients, friends, children, spouses, and so on).
2. How do you want to look in the eyes of these people?
3. Think about how you interacted with all these people last week. Has your behavior always affected them the way you wanted?
4. What exactly was the reaction of your acquaintances? Try to remember phrases, intonation, facial expressions, gestures. Is this what you were expecting? If not, how could you adjust your actions to improve rapport?
5. What behavioral habits can you start working on tomorrow to influence those around you in the desired way?
There are two types of self-awareness: internal and external. The first is related to understanding yourself, your values, aspirations, suitable conditions and reactions. If you start making choices that are consistent with your true self, then you will feel much happier - both at work and in your personal life.
The second type of self-awareness implies that you see yourself from the outside, that is, you understand how others perceive you. With this skill, you will be able to build stronger and healthier relationships with other people.
There is no dependence between internal and external self-awareness, in part they are even in contradiction. Surely you know self-obsessed people who do not know how to receive feedback and do not understand what their behavior really looks like. Others, on the contrary, focus too much on what others think, and completely forget about their own interests. The truth, as always, lies in the middle. Harmony is possible only when you develop both types of self-awareness.
Based on the book "Insight".
Post cover from here.
P.S. Do you want to become the best version of yourself, live a life full of meaning and get good discounts on the best MYTH books? Subscribe to our newsletter . Every week we select the most useful excerpts from books, tips and life hacks - and send them to you. The first letter is a gift.
74 questions that make you think
To better understand your own life, you need to ask the right questions. Look deep inside yourself, understand how you really feel. This will help you draw conclusions that will lead to the necessary changes in life.
There are no right or wrong answers to these questions. They just make you think.
1. What stands between you and absolute happiness?
2. What will people say at your funeral?
3. You are at the gates of heaven, you are asked the question: “Why do you need to be let in?” What will you say?
4. Imagine that tomorrow you will lose everything. Is there a person who can help you get through this?
5. Does this person know how much they mean to you? When was the last time you talked to him about this?
6. You have the opportunity to send a 30 second message that will be received by every person on earth. What do you say?
7. If you had enough money to never have to work again, what would you do with your time?
8. If today were the last day of your life, what would you do?
9. You learned that you will never die. What would you change in your life?
10. If your life were a movie, what would be the best title?
11. How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
12. What missed chances do you regret? Do you think you will have more opportunities like this?
13. What lessons have you learned from these regrets? How does this affect your life now?
14. What would you do differently if you knew that no one would judge you?
15. If you had the opportunity to review your entire life up to this point, would you enjoy it?
16. You have the opportunity to ask a person one question and get a truthful answer. Which person and what question will you ask?
17. If you could start over, what would you do differently?
18. What will be most important to you when you turn 90?
19. Are you holding on to something worth letting go of? What's stopping you?
20. Would you break the law to save your loved one?
21. Do you ask a lot of questions or are you content with what you already know?
22. Do you appreciate what you have in your life?
23. Do you talk or do more?
24. When was the last time you tried something new?
25. What were you doing the last time you lost track of time?
26. What is the difference between life and existence?
27. Imagine that you have a friend who you talk to as if you were talking to yourself. How long would this friendship last?
28. If you had to teach a person one thing, what would you teach him?
29. What makes you smile?
30. What makes you work harder?
31. What do you really like to do? How often do you do it? If rarely, what prevents you from devoting more time to it?
32. What can you do now that you couldn't do a year ago? What can you do exactly one year from now that you cannot do now?
33. What is the last event in your life really worth remembering?
34. What inspires you to reach your goals?
35. When was the last time you went to a new place?
36. What do you want most from life?
37. If the law of karma worked, would you get something good or bad?
38. You can go back in time and change one thing. What will you change?
39. If you had a year to live, what would you do in that time?
40. You have the opportunity to fulfill one of your wishes. What wish would you choose?
41. What do you owe to yourself?
42. What comes to mind when you think of your home?
43. How do you spend most of your free time? Why exactly?
44. What did you want to be as a child?
45. What have you done recently to make your dream come true? What did you do today?
46. What scares you the most?
47. What are you looking forward to?
48. What was the most exciting adventure you had in your life?
49. Where would you like to live? What's stopping you from moving?
50. What are you most proud of in your life?
51. If you give up everything for your dream, what are you risking?
52. What is your strength?
53. What is your weakness?
54. What did you learn from life yesterday?
55. What actions did you take today to make someone's life better?
56. Whose life have you had the greatest impact on?
57. What makes you special?
58. Who do you really love? What are you doing for these people?
59. What bad habits would you like to get rid of?
60. When was the last time you kept silent when you wanted to speak up?
61. What are your goals and plans for the next 5 years? Answer with one sentence.
62. You spent the day watching movies when you were supposed to be working. Did you have a good day or wasted time?
63. You have learned the place and time of your death. Has your life gotten better or worse?
64. What do you understand by the word "honor"? Does it have any meaning for you?
65. Are you willing to make sacrifices to defend your views? Or is it better to be pragmatic and do nothing?
66. Are you capable of killing someone? If not, what amount of money would make you change your mind?
67. What would your life look like if you didn't waste a minute?
68. What would you choose: 10 years of perfect health or 30 years of some problems?
69. Can open-mindedness be called a virtue if it leads to the spread of destructive ideas in society?
70. If you look at your life from the outside. Are you the hero or the villain in this story?
71. How well do you control yourself?