Perfect relationships quotes
115 Beautiful and Cute Relationship Quotes
We're giving you all the feels with our round up of the most swoon-worthy relationship quotes for every situation.
Whether you're about to say "I do" to your perfect match or you've only gone on a few dates, relationships—and the feelings that come with them—can be tricky to put into words. If you need some help expressing yourself (and who doesn't from time to time?), consider using relationship quotes (or love quotes)! Here, we've gathered quotes about relationships from movies, TV, novels, celebrities, love experts and more. If all that kissing has left you tongue tied, these relationship quotes are all you need to have your moment.
Relationship quotes in this article:
- Relationship Goals Quotes
- Long-Distance Relationship Quotes
- Cute Relationship Quotes
- Funny Relationship Quotes
- New Relationship Quotes
- Relationship Quotes for Him
- Relationship Quotes for Her
- Best Relationship Quotes
- Strong Relationship Quotes
- Real Relationship Quotes
- Inspirational Relationship Quotes
- Deep Relationship Quotes
Relationship Goals Quotes
Sometimes you come across a quote that sums up exactly what you're looking for in a relationship. Whether they remind you of your own bond, or you're crushing on the feelings they conjure deep inside, these relationship goals quotes will give you serious #RelationshipGoals.
1. "You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed forever." – Love & Other Drugs #RelationshipGoals
2. "Affection is when you see someone's strengths; love is when you accept someone's flaws." – One Day #RelationshipGoals
3. "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and the courage to accept the love in return." – Maya Angelou quotes on love and relationships #RelationshipGoals
4. "Since the invention of the kiss, there have been only five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind." – The Princess Bride #RelationshipGoals
5. "We loved with a love that was more than love." – Edgar Allan Poe #relationshipgoals
6. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." – Dr. Seuss #RelationshipGoals
7. "You and I, it's as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught." – Boris Pasternak, Doctor Zhivago #RelationshipGoals
8. "Marion and I have not climbed Mount Everest or written a great American novel. But we've had the joy of raising two wonderful kids, and watching them and their friends grow up into loving adults. And now, we're gonna have the pleasure of watching them pass that love onto their children. And I guess no man or woman could ask for anything more." – Happy Days #RelationshipGoals
9. "You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought." – Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Company #RelationshipGoals
10. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." – Lao-Tzu #RelationshipGoals
Long-Distance Relationship Quotes
Long-distance relationships are super tough, and things can get a little lonely when your loved one is miles away instead of right by your side, but reunions are always oh-so-sweet! They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, and we definitely agree! These long-distance relationship quotes prove that even when you're worlds apart, you can still hold the other person's heart.
11. "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart for so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time." – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
12. "That's how you know you love someone, I guess, when you can't experience anything without wishing the other person were there to see it, too." – Kaui Hart Hemmings, The Descendents
13. "We were together even when we were apart." – Shannon A. Thompson, Death Before Daylight
14. "I will return. I will find you. Love you. Marry you. And live without shame." – Atonement
15. "The scariest thing about distance is you don't know if they'll miss you or forget about you." – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
16. "There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart." – Mahatma Gandhi
17. "It's enough for me to be sure that you and I exist at this moment." – Gabriel Garcia Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
18. "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again." – Charles Dickens, The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby
19. "It feels good to think about you when I'm warm in bed. I feel as if you're curled up there beside me, fast asleep. And I think how great it would be if it were true." – Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
20. "But I must admit, I miss you quite terribly. The world is too quiet without you nearby." – Lemony Snicket, The Beatrice Letters
Cute Relationship Quotes
If you and your one and only make a habit of being playful, silly, and smiling a lot, good for you! Even if you've used couple quotes before, you'll love these cute relationship quotes that'll melt your heart and make you fall head over heels all over again.
21. "Do you ever put your arms out and just spin and spin and spin? Well, that's what love is like. Everything inside of you tells you to stop before you fall, but you just keep going." – Practical Magic
22. "We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." – Sam Keen, To Love and Be Loved
23. "I love you, but you don't know what you're talking about." – Moonrise Kingdom
24. "Look, you want to know what marriage is really like? Fine. You wake up, she's there. You come back from work, she's there. You fall asleep, she's there. You eat dinner, she's there. You know? I mean, I know that sounds like a bad thing, but it's not." – Everybody Loves Raymond
25. "All at once everything is different/Now that I see you." – Lyrics from "I See the Light," Tangled
26. "... When I look at you, I can feel it. And... and I look, and I... and I'm home." – Finding Nemo
27. "You are my greatest adventure." – The Incredibles
28. "Love isn't hopeless. Look, maybe I'm no expert on the subject, but there was one time I got it right." – The Simpsons
29. "But for now, let me say...without hope or agenda...to me, you are perfect. And my wasted heart will love you." – Love Actually
30. "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you... I could walk through my garden forever." – Alfred Tennyson
Funny Relationship Quotes
Studies show that couples who laugh together stay together. How's that for #relationshipgoals? If your partner makes you LOL and humor is what connects your hearts, these funny relationship quotes may be the perfect punchlines to keep that humorous spark alive.
31. "Remember, we're madly in love, so it's alright to kiss me anytime you feel like it." –The Hunger Games
32. "It don't take a word, not a single word. Go on and kiss the girl." – The Little Mermaid
33. "Good luck finding somebody to put up with your shit for more than, like, six months. Okay? But I accept the whole package, the crazy and the brilliant. Alright? I know you're not gonna change and I don't want you to. It's called accepting you for being you." – Before Midnight
34. "... I know I'm old enough to be his mother, but when the Duck laid that kiss on me last night, I swear my thighs just went up in flames! He must practice on melons or something." – Pretty in Pink
35. "She is the only evidence of God I have seen with the exception of the mysterious force that removes one sock from the dryer every time I do my laundry." – St. Elmo's Fire
36. "Yes, I'm drunk. And you're beautiful. And tomorrow morning, I'll be sober but you'll still be beautiful." – The Dreamers
37. "If the whole damn world was to go to the dogs, as long as I had you by my side, y'know, or sittin' by my side, or layin' here, by my side, everything'll be just okay. I've been blowing my horn for a lotta years, but lemme tell you somethin': I ain't nothin' without you." – All in the Family
38. "Man may have discovered fire, but women discovered how to play with it. " – Sex and the City
39. "If you love something, and you set it free, and it doesn't come back... you're a dumbass!" – Beavis & Butt-Head
40. "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." – Albert Einstein
New Relationship Quotes
Are your insides all aflutter? Are you counting down the seconds until you'll see him or her next? Does a simple text make you giddier than a child? Sounds like you might be starting fresh in the world of love! If sparks fly when you say his or her name, these new relationship quotes will mean a lot to you.
41. "Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with." – Juno
42. "I love her and that's the beginning and end of everything. " – F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
43. "I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." – When Harry Met Sally
44. "You were worth the wait, and I don't just mean tonight." – Friends
45. "Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you." – Dirty Dancing
46. "That's why they call them crushes. If they were easy, they'd call 'em something else." – Sixteen Candles
47. "You cannot leave everything to Fate, boy. She's got a lot to do. Sometimes you must give her a hand." – Ever After
48. "Three words. Eight letters. Say it, and I'm yours." – Gossip Girl
49. "We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love." – Robert Fulghum, True Love
Relationship Quotes for Him
If you're finding that you're at a loss for words when expressing your feelings for your man, get inspired by these relationship quotes for him. Defining your love for your mister is about to get easier to master.
50. "Can't you see? Every step I have taken, since I was that little girl on the bridge, was to bring me closer to you." – Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha
51. "And don't forget... I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her." – Notting Hill
52. "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." – Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
53. "The way her body existed only where he touched her. The rest of her was smoke." – Arundhati Roy, The God of Small Things
54. "If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up, you're not worthy." – Bob Marley quotes about relationships
55. "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." – Marilyn Monroe
56. "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." – Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
57. "It doesn't matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other." – Good Will Hunting
Relationship Quotes for Her
Even if you're one of those guys who tends to keep his feelings tucked inside, trust us—your lady wants you to profess your love! Having trouble? We've got you covered—try these relationship quotes for her to help express your emotions in ways that will melt her heart.
58. "You make me want to be a better man." – As Good as It Gets
59. "You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how." – Gone with the Wind
60. "He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking." – Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
61. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn/Is just to love, and be loved, in return." – Moulin Rouge
62. "But the you who you are tonight is the same you I was in love with yesterday, the you I'll be in love with tomorrow." – If I Stay
63. "That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is." – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
64. "You erased me from your memories because you thought you were holding me back from having a full and happy life. But you made a mistake. Being with you is the only way I could have a full and happy life. You're the girl of my dreams… and apparently, I'm the man of yours. " – 50 First Dates
65. "And when I'm with her, I feel happy to be alive. Like I can do anything." – Boy Meets World
66. "Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering." – Nicole Krauss, The History of Love
67. "The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart." – Josiah G. Holland
Best Relationship Quotes
Most of the time, those three little words—"I love you"—say it best. But if you're looking to elevate your sentiments, we've rounded up the best relationship quotes that give this old standby a run for its money by saying exactly what we're thinking.
68. "I have crossed oceans of time to find you." – Bram Stoker's Dracula
69. "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." – John Lennon
70. "You had me at hello." – Jerry McGuire
71. "Love is a song that never ends. " – "Love Is a Song," Bambi
72. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
73. "Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." – Rabindranath Tagore
74. "I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone." – Lord of the Rings
75. "For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home." – Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss
Strong Relationship Quotes
Being in love and sharing your life with another takes strength and commitment. But the sense of camaraderie that comes with a lasting relationship? #Worthit! These strong relationship quotes will have your heart skipping a beat.
76. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. " – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
77. "In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." – Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
78. "It isn't possible to love and to part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal." – E.M. Forster, A Room with a View
79. "The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her." – Bob Marley quotes about relationships
80. "You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not." – Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper
81. "Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused. " – Paulo Coelho
82. "There's no such thing as the perfect soulmate. If you meet someone and you think they're perfect, you better run as fast as you can in the other direction, cause your soulmate is the person that pushes all your buttons, pisses you off on a regular basis, and makes you face your shit." – Madonna
83. "A soul mate's purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master..." – Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
84. "Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an even better feeling. A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. They say that nothing lasts forever, but I am a firm believer in the fact that for some, love lives on even after we're gone. " – Cecelia Ahern, P.S. I Love You
Real Relationship Quotes
Not even celebrities can escape Cupid's arrow, and these real relationship quotes shared by red carpet duos show no acting is necessary when it comes to professing their true love.
85. "I'm not one for vomiting declarations of sentiment out across the airwaves, but when we had that baby, I fell more in love with my wife than I'd ever been in my entire life. I couldn't even believe it." – Ryan Reynold on The Late Show with David Letterman about wife Blake Lively
86. "I knew he would always be my best friend for my whole life. That was the biggest thing to me. I'd never known anything like the friendship that I had with him. I could like him as much as I loved him." – Blake Lively on husband Ryan Reynolds in an interview with Marie Claire
87. "Just knowing someone's always going to be honest and tell the truth, [who] can understand exactly what I'm going through—and I can understand exactly what he's going through. " – Beyoncé about husband Jay-Z in an interview with Vogue
88. "Sleeping every night next to Mona Lisa/The modern-day version with better features." – Jay-Z's Magna Carta Holy Grail album lyrics about wife Beyoncé
89. "One of the coolest things is how supportive and happy and proud he is of my success lately. I'm with someone who is totally secure in himself. He's not trying to be anything other than what he is. The confidence he has brings it to me." – Chrissy Teigen on husband John Legend in an interview with Cosmopolitan
90. "We support each other in everything that we do and I love seeing her succeed at the things she loves to do and she loves seeing me succeed at things that I love to do. That's the way you should be with your partner." – John Legend on Twitter about why his relationship with Chrissy Teigen works
91. "Every once in awhile, I can catch a glimpse of her when she doesn't see me looking and I have this moment when I'm like, 'If you never make a good decision, if you only make bad decisions for the rest of your life, you made one really good decision. ' It's nice to marry your friend, it's nice to marry your best friend. It suits me." – Justin Timberlake on The Ellen DeGeneres Show about being married to Jessica Biel
92. "[Being married] just feels incredible. It feels like you have this partner who is going to be with you and also change light bulbs and do dishes with you." – Jessica Biel about husband Justin Timberlake on The Ellen DeGeneres Show
93. "Dax helped me learn that I don't have it all figured out. Sometimes that's the greatest gift someone can give you." – Kristen Bell on husband Dax Shepard in an interview with Good Housekeeping
94. "She's way out of my league. Learn to dance, young men, learn to dance. Make jokes and learn to dance, and you can land a Kristen Bell." Dax Shepard about wife Kristen Bell as told to Queen Latifah on her talk show.
95. "If you were going to list the 100 most popular things that I have done as president, being married to Michelle Obama is number one. " President Barack Obama about First Lady Michelle, reportedly said after giving his first State of The Union Address
96. "One of the things that attracted me to Barack was his emotional honesty. Right off the bat he said what he felt. There are no games with him—he is who he appears to be. I feel fortunate as a woman to have a husband who loves me and shows me in every way. So yes, I do know that. And now he'll know I know." – First Lady Michelle Obama in an interview with Prevention about President Barack Obama.
Inspirational Relationship Quotes
Whether you're seeking your soulmate, struggling through a rough patch or just counting down the days until your life as husband and wife will begin, these inspirational relationship quotes prove love has no boundaries and can carry you through if you just open your heart.
97. "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard—they must be felt with the heart." – Helen Keller
98. "There are dreamers and there are realists in this world. You'd think the dreamers would find the dreamers, and the realists would find the realists, but more often than not, the opposite is true. You see, the dreamers need the realists to keep them from soaring too close to the sun. And the realists? Well, without the dreamers, they might not ever get off the ground." – Modern Family
99. "Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope." – Maya Angelou quotes on love and relationships
100. "But love doesn't make sense! You can't logic your way into or out of it. Love is totally nonsensical. But we have to keep doing it or else we're lost, and love is dead and humanity should just pack it in. Because love is the best thing we do." – How I Met Your Mother
101. "At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet." – Plato
102. "There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment. " – Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
103. "Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold." – Zelda Fitzgerald
104. "The only time I don't feel like a ghost is when you look at me, because when you look at me, you see me. You see me. This is me. This is me." – Grey's Anatomy
105. "Four years ago, I was just a guy who had a crush on a girl, who had a boyfriend. And I had to do the hardest thing that I've ever had to do, which was just to... wait... And, a lot of people told me I was crazy to wait this long for a date with a girl I work with but I think, even then, I knew that… I was waiting for my wife." – The Office
106. "Don't ever think I fell for you, or fell over you. I didn't fall in love; I rose in it." – Toni Morrison, Jazz
Deep Relationship Quotes
We're not done yet! It's time to dig deep and discover the words and ideas that strike at the heart of the matter. Which is, of course, the heart. Give these deep relationship quotes about love the time and space to bloom inside of you and enjoy the results!
107. "Tell me who admires you loves you, and I will tell you who you are." – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
108. "There is no remedy for love but to love more." – Henry David Thoreau, journal entry
109. "Who, being loved, is poor?" – Oscar Wilde, A Woman of No Importance
110. "In the flush of love's light, we dare be brave. And suddenly we see that love costs all we are, and will ever be. Yet it is only love which sets us free." – Maya Angelou, "Touched by an Angel"
111. "Love is the only gold." – Alfred Lord Tennyson, Becket
112. "Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." – Bruce Lee, "Love Is Like a Friendship Caught on Fire"
113. "For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. " – Carl Sagan, Contact
114. "If you wished to be loved, love." – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
115. "The love we give away is the only love we keep." – Elbert Hubbard
A Relationship Quote of Every Occasion
Whether you want to tuck a relationship quote under the pillow of your someone special, inspire yourself to be more loving each morning or add a relationship quote to your wedding speech, you've got over 100 quotes to choose from now. Just in case you need just a few more inspiring quotes, take a look at 150 Swoon-Worthy Love Quotes that will fill your heart with even more love.
103 Relationship Quotes to Reignite Your Love — Best Life
Even if you and your significant other are in a great place, sending them a sweet remark is the perfect way to remind them just how special they are to you. Sometimes a romantic relationship quote is all it takes to reignite that spark. So, whether you're looking to rekindle a flame or keep the fire burning bright, consider sharing these quotes about relationships with your sweetheart.
READ THIS NEXT: 134 Good Morning Messages for Her: Love Notes, Quotes, and Texts.Cute Relationship QuotesShutterstock / Dean Drobot
- "Let's, let's stay together."
—Al Green, from "Let's Stay Together"
- "Having someone wonder where you are when you don't come home at night is a very old human need."
- "We're often afraid of being vulnerable, but vulnerability creates genuine connection."
- "We are most alive when we're in love."
- "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine."
- "The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence."
- "Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate. "
- "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart for so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time."
—A.A. Milne, from Winnie-the-Pooh
- "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
- "A successful relationship requires falling in love multiple times, but always with the same person."
- "Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation." —Oscar Wilde
- "Trust in a relationship is very crucial. Without trust, a relationship cannot last as a healthy and happy bond."
- "Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat."
- "True love stories never have endings. "
- "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
- "I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone."
—J.R.R. Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring
- "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
- "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
- "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
- "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart."
- "Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye."
—H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- "Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it. "
- "Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it."
- "Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow."
- "When you cultivate quality relationships, not only do you feel better and help your friends feel better, but you contribute to an increase of joy, love, and peace in the world."
- "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
—Harry (Billy Crystal), from When Harry Met Sally
- "True love is not a hide-and-seek game; in true love, both lovers seek each other."
—Michael Bassey Johnson
- "You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear."
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. "
- "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in."
—Morrie Schwartz, from Tuesdays with Morrie
- "At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet."
- "Who, being loved, is poor?"
- "Love is totally nonsensical. But we have to keep doing it or else we're lost and love is dead, and humanity should just pack it in. Because love is the best thing we do."
—Ted (Josh Radnor), from How I Met Your Mother
- "A loving heart is the truest wisdom."
- "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
- "Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time."
- "Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together. "
- "Love alone can rekindle life."
—Henri Frederic Amiel
- "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
- "Love is a game that two can play and both can win."
- "To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship."
—Doménico Cieri Estrada
- "Love doesn't make the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
—Franklin P. Jones
- "To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with."
- "Souls tend to go back to who feels like home."
- "Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- "I love her, and it is the beginning of everything. "
—F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever."
- "In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you."
—Mac (J.K. Simmons), from Juno
- "I love you—I am at rest with you—I have come home."
—Dorothy L. Sayers
- "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
- "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness."
—Paul (George Peppard), from Breakfast at Tiffany's
- "It is better to love wisely, no doubt: but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all."
—William Makepeace Thackeray, from Vanity Fair
READ THIS NEXT: 198 I Love You Quotes to Share With Someone Special. ae0fcc31ae342fd3a1346ebb1f342fcbInspirational Relationship Quotes About LoveShutterstock / Surkov Vladimir
- "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
- "It is not time or opportunity that is to determine intimacy;—it is disposition alone. Seven years would be insufficient to make some people acquainted with each other, and seven days are more than enough for others."
—Jane Austen, from Sense & Sensibility
- "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
- "Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence."
- "We humans definitely need other people to keep us human."
—Terry Pratchett, from The Shepherd's Crown
- "Love starts as a feeling, but to continue is a choice. And I find myself choosing you, more and more every day."
- "A true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other."
- "Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age."
- "The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it."
—Nicholas Sparks, from At First Sight
- "One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. That word is love."
- "Only when your love for someone exceeds your need for them do you have a shot at a genuine relationship together."
- "The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands."
- "Our soul mate is the one who makes life come to life."
- "Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "
- "Relationships, marriages are ruined where one person continues to learn, develop and grow and the other person stands still."
- "A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself—to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart."
—Leo F. Buscaglia
- "You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity."
- "There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved."
- "Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.
Patrick Rothfuss, from The Wise Man's Fear
- "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind / And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind."
—William Shakespeare, from A Midsummer Night's Dream
- "True love is your soul's recognition of its counterpart in another."
—John (Owen Wilson), from Wedding Crashers
- "Love involves a peculiar unfathomable combination of understanding and misunderstanding."
- "Forgiveness is the oil of all relationships."
- "If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."
—David (Hugh Grant), from Love, Actually
- "Assumptions are the termites of relationships."
- "Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. "
- "You're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings."
—Kathleen (Meg Ryan), from You've Got Mail
- "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality."
- "Love is a two-way street constantly under construction."
- "Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you. Maybe you just need one person."
—Kermit the Frog
- "Nobody has ever measured—not even poets—how much love the human heart can hold."
- "The joy of life is variety; the tenderest love requires to be rekindled by intervals of absence."
- "The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love. "
- "Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence."
—Vincent Van Gogh
- "Never love anybody who treats you like you're ordinary."
- "Happily ever after is not a fairy tale—it's a choice."
- "We cannot be sensitive to pleasure without being more sensitive to pain."
- "Deep in your wounds are seeds, waiting to grow beautiful flowers."
- "Don't try to be something to everyone. Be everything to someone."
- "Never love something so much that you can't let go of it."
- "Relationships end too soon because people stop putting in the same effort to keep you, as they did to win you."
- "For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home. "
—Stephanie Perkins, from Anna and the French Kiss
- "Love is like the wind. You can't see it, but you can feel it."
—Nicholas Sparks, from A Walk to Remember
- "We love the things we love for what they are."
- "Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person."
- "The times may have changed, but the people are still the same. We're still looking for love, and that will always be our struggle as human beings."
- "To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow—this is a human offering that can border on miraculous."
—Elizabeth Gilbert, from Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage
- "Love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun, more last than star. "
- "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make…"
—The Beatles, from "The End"
- "We are asleep until we fall in love."
—Leo Tolstoy, from War and Peace
- "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."
—Victor Hugo, from Les Misérables
Quotes about relationships - sayings and statuses with meaning
Relationships are a constant and painstaking work. And if you do not work on them, you can lose everything. This is proved by quotes about relationships, a selection of which we have prepared for you. Wise sayings with meaning will help you understand yourself and your partner, teach you how to prioritize relationships and understand their essence.
Meaningful relationship quotes
The cooling of relations between people arises as a result of friction between them. And what do you say to that, physics?
Stanislav Jerzy Lec
In any stable relationship, someone owes something to someone. Just when a person is in love, he fulfills all these “must” voluntarily and with pleasure.
Stroke each other against "wool" and you will understand the true meaning of your relationship.
In a confined space, human relationships tend to deteriorate.
The perfect relationship tastes and smells like rainwater.
A normal person does not continue a relationship in which he is not respected. However, he won't even start them.
If you want to spoil the relationship, start sorting it out.
If you live for yourself, everyone else will be happy. And if you plow for the sake of someone, expecting gratitude, you yourself will be unhappy and you will not wait for “thank you”.
The worst thing that can happen after a quarrel is silence.
There's got to be a pepper in a relationship.
The relationship between a man and a woman is one of the most mysterious and at the same time beautiful phenomena. And no matter how much a person tries to express in one phrase the whole variety of love manifestations, it is possible to cover them only partially. Statuses, statements and quotes about relationships are an attempt to find your attitude and your role in this phenomenon. Therefore, the experience of generations, accumulated and presented in these phrases with meaning, will not be superfluous.
And there is also the experience of scientists, they are also interested in the relationship of the sexes. For example, we found out what words make a profile on a social network attractive to the opposite sex.
Wise sayings about relationships
True relationships do not prevent communication with relatives.
Relationships help build trust. And with trust comes loyalty.
Better to bear the cross of unrequited love than to waste yourself on someone whose heart is not free.
At some intervals in every partnership there is a need to dot the “and”.
The most bitter thing that could happen to them happened: they were simply bored with each other.
People tend to abuse their kind attitude towards themselves, they willingly offend their loved ones, especially when they are sure that they will receive forgiveness and that they will not even have to ask for it.
Even if you love someone, it doesn't mean that getting along with that person is easy.
The most joyless kind of relationship is to sort it out.
The path to creating a truly loving relationship is not always smooth. It's never without problems.
Feelings are a fire of emotions. It burns - it's nice, it burns out - you blow off the ashes and you live on.
Many say that in order to have inspiration for life and the ability to implement new plans and intentions, it is worth falling in love. But here it is worth considering the fact that relationships are also the ability to sacrifice for the sake of another. Selfishness in this matter is harmful. This is proved by the statuses and quotes about relationships presented here.
Quotes about the meaning of relationships
Relationships, whatever they may be, are always built on feeling, on love, on needs, and not on fear. Only slavery is built on fear.
Relationships are such a complicated thing that outsiders should not interfere and give out all sorts of smart advice.
The more things you can't tell the person directly, the less sense your relationship has.
A toxic relationship takes a lot of energy. Tension and conflict drain strength, good attitude and the opportunity to be yourself - inspire and energize.
Love relationships are rarely easy.
Nicole de Buron
The most important thing in a happy relationship is the ability to give in. If someone does not want to pacify their ego, then such an alliance will not last long.
All relationships are difficult. Like in music: sometimes you get harmony, and sometimes cacophony.
Human relationships are not endless, but this does not invalidate the fact that they existed in the past.
Which is better? A proven reliable partner-friend, even if not too interesting and not desirable, than loneliness and the search for unknown new relationships?
Relationships are always the work of two people doing their common work.
We advise you to read wise quotes about love.
By the way, these sayings and quotes about relationships can also be considered as wise advice that can help you change your relationship with your loved one for the better. The main thing is to try to understand their meaning, to have a desire to change for the better and work on yourself.
Statuses about relationships with meaning
Expectations are the killer of relationships.
Sincerity in human relations is the main thing.
Nothing spoils a relationship like unfulfilled expectations.
There is no good relationship without trust.
When you meet someone special, you immediately know it. Real relationships cannot be pushed, they immediately go without tension.
You can't judge other people's relationships if they differ from your ideas.
You can't build relationships on deceit.
Relationships require constant care, perseverance and attention. But if neither side wants to bother with it, why shouldn't the relationship wither away?
Before starting a new relationship, you need to complete the old ones, otherwise life will get tangled up in such a tangle that it will never be unraveled.
We are all broken. The most important thing is to find a person whose fragments match yours.
Almost all of the statements presented here teach that both people should work on the relationship and treat each other with love and respect. Communication must be sincere. Short quotes about relationships make it clear that everything valuable in life is given by hard work. Long-term alliances that seem ideal from the outside are the result of the work of both partners.
Good relationships - short quotes
How stupid human relations are, how much work and effort you have to invest to get the most modest return. And how easy it is to destroy everything.
In harmonious relationships, there is always a third extra.
Human relationships are more complicated than any maze.
You cannot have good relationships with others until you have made peace with yourself.
Relationships are not 50/50, they are 100/100.
Not working? Fix it. Break. No matter. We don't abandon those we love. Stay. Fix it.
I don't think I have relationship problems, I just don't like people.
In a relationship with a man, the main thing is trust. And know the password from his phone.
The dot in the relationship is a bold cross.
What's the point of discussing a relationship that's long gone?
You must like beautiful and wise love parables.
And sayings about relationships can teach us that not a single person on our life path has been met by us uselessly. We learn something important from every relationship. Someone tests us, someone uses and teaches a lesson, someone helps to gain new skills, and someone makes us better and this is the most valuable thing.
Statements about love and relationships
Tolerable relationships are more likely to be demolished than to be overhauled.
A happy relationship doesn't depend on how compatible you are, but on how well you deal with your differences.
A person you can't understand is more interesting than a person you can read like an open book.
You are a neat person, but people are not things. And you can not arrange them in their places, in accordance only with your convenience.
Relationships are like gears. Over time, they lose their original luster and wear out, maybe even break. But if you take care of the mechanism, the gears grind and work even more smoothly.
In a relationship, dialogue is always better than a monologue.
Relationships without responsibility and awareness of it, it's just a hobby, or even worse - a habit.
Relationships are not rubber - they do not need to be stretched.
Relationships can be modeled, the main thing in this direction is to maneuver correctly with your mind.
Not every relationship has to end in marriage.
Another thing to remember is that in a relationship you get what you give. And beautiful statuses about relationships with meaning confirm this. Do not expect that in response to whims, accusations and insults, you will receive smiles, hugs and declarations of love. If you want understanding, try to understand yourself. Everything comes back - this is a simple formula that works at all times.
We recommend reading proverbs and sayings about love.
We hope that you liked short quotes about relationships with meaning, and you were able to learn something interesting and useful for yourself from these statements. After all, we all often look for evidence that they love us, and whether the feeling is real. I would like to believe that statements about relationships at least a little helped you understand this issue.
Beautiful relationship quotes with meaning - catchphrases
Unfortunately, the signs that a woman loves you are the same as if she wants to kill you.
Even one string can hold you together if you stop pulling the rope in your direction.
Such is the paradox: we perform feats for those who do not care about us, but those who need us love us without any feats ...
Stroke each other against the "wool" and you will understand the true meaning of your relationship.
Love cannot be explained. She needs action.
Relationships without love are possible. But love without a relationship is doomed to wither.
Priceless are those people with whom even silence seems like a sincere conversation.
How often do we realize that a person needed a break. And we so wanted to be the breath.
Hate is hard to hide, love is even harder to hide, but indifference is the hardest thing to hide.
An iceberg considers itself a block until it encounters a warm attitude.
Someone is missing one woman, and he switches to fifth, tenth. And another does not have enough life to love the one and only.
It is better to carry the cross of unrequited love than to waste yourself on someone whose heart is not free.
A loved one is not the one you want to see next to you. He is the one you want to see happy.
Do not break the wings of those who love you.
Sometimes life separates two people just to show both how important they are to each other.
Don't waste your time with someone who doesn't want to spend it with you.
Before you start a relationship with someone, get in touch with yourself.
In an ideal relationship, pure love and dirty sex are complementary, not mutually exclusive.
Even if you love someone, it does not mean that getting along with this person is easy.
The happiness of a time-tested relationship is twice as strong as that of those who have never known separation.
In fact, anyone will hurt you. You just have to find someone who is worth your suffering.
If people are together and feel good, it doesn't matter what their relationship is called.
Only enemies tell the truth to each other. Friends and lovers, entangled in the web of mutual debt, lie endlessly.
A relationship with a person is not something that comes from him. This is what comes from you.
Better to be alone than unhappy with someone.
Relationships, whatever they may be, are always built on feeling, on love, on need, and not on fear. Only slavery is built on fear.
For true love, there are no distances, and long-term intimacy does not save false feelings.
A happy relationship is when yesterday's evening is not enough every morning.
You need to be able to say three words in time: Forgive, Love, Farewell.
Disappointed in one, do not punish the other.