Peaceful and serene quotes
30 Best Peace Quotes - Quotes and Sayings About Peace and Tranquility
Peace remains a goal for introspective individuals around the world. The lifelong search for inner peace challenges us to learn more about ourselves while allowing us to evolve with the seasons — and the quotes on our list capture all forms of peace. They'll inspire you to embark on your own journey! After all, creators of past and present would agree that peace requires a journey beginning with you.
The Dalai Lama, Mother Teresa and Saint Francis de Sales are experts on the topic of peace, and by surrounding yourself with quotes from civil rights leaders and artists, you’ll become an expert as well. Read on for some of our favorite messages — and if you’re in search of even more moving words, you’ll want to check out inspirational quotes, happy quotes and life quotes next.
Inner Peace Quotes:
- “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” —Saint Francis de Sales
- “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.” —Norman Vincent Peale
- “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” —Dalai Lama
- “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present.” —Lao Tzu
- “When things change inside you, things change around you.” —Unknown
- “Peace of mind for five minutes, that's what I crave.” —Alanis Morissette
Calming Peace Quotes:
- “Peace is liberty in tranquility.” —Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy and serenity. ” —Thich Nhat Hanh
- “I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am.” — Sylvia Plath
- “You should feel beautiful and you should feel safe. What you surround yourself with should bring you peace of mind and peace of spirit.” —Stacy London
- “Sometimes you can find peace of mind by transferring yourself to different situations. They're just reminders to stay ... calm.” —Yves Behar
- “Don't search for anything except peace. Try to calm the mind. Everything else will come on its own." —Baba Hari Das
- “Let go of the thoughts that don’t make you strong." —Karen Salmansohn
- “Peace begins with a smile.” —Mother Teresa
Inspirational Peace Quotes:
- “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.” —J. Donald Walters
- “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” —John F. Kennedy
- “Peace brings with it so many positive emotions that it is worth aiming for in all circumstances.” —Estella Eliot
- “Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time.” —Lyndon B. Johnson
- “ If you don't know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he's just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It's one world, pal. We're all neighbors.” —Frank Sinatra
- “ Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.” —Albert Einstein
World Peace Quotes:
- “When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. ” —Jimi Hendrix
- “Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one.” —John Lennon
- “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” —Mahatma Gandhi
- “Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” —Ronald Reagan
- “Not one of us can rest, be happy, be at home, be at peace with ourselves, until we end hatred and division.” —John Lewis
- “You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.” ―Indira Gandhi
- “When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world.” —Maha Ghosananda
- “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” —Desmond Tutu
- 41 Inspirational Quotes to Brighten Your Day
- 30+ Quotes About Change
Associate Entertainment & News Editor
Selena is the associate entertainment and news editor for Good Housekeeping, where she covers the latest on TV, movies and celebrities. In addition to writing and editing entertainment news, she also spotlights the Hispanic and Latinx community through her work. She is a graduate of CUNY Hunter College with a B.A. in journalism and creative writing.
Yaa Bofah is an editorial fellow at Good Housekeeping. She is a freelance illustrator and created original cover art for The Fashion Bomb Daily’s first e-book series. She enjoys supporting philanthropic endeavors and being an advocate for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
100 Serenity Quotes To Bring Quietude Into Your Life
By Maxime Lagacé
Maxime is the founder and chief editor of WisdomQuotes. He has been collecting quotes since 2004. His goal? To help you develop a calm, peaceful and powerful mind. Learn more about him on his about page.
Here are 100 of the most inspiring serenity quotes I could find. The goal? To make you a little smoother and more relaxed. After all, we must learn to trust more right? You’ll discover quotes by Thoreau, Lao Tzu, Eckhart Tolle, and more. Enjoy!
This moment is fine. Naval Ravikant
Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm. Unknown
Boredom is the feeling that everything is a waste of time; serenity, that nothing is. Thomas Szasz
Change what cannot be accepted and accept what cannot be changed. Reinhold Niebuhr
If you have truly attained wholeness, everything will flock to you. Lao Tzu
Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity. Lao Tzu
Movement is good for the body. Stillness is good for the mind. Sakyong Mipham
The day is always his, who works in it with serenity and great aims. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Do not seek to have everything that happens happen as you wish, but wish for everything to happen as it actually does happen, and your life will be serene. Epictetus
When completely relaxed, we experience the essence of our being, the deep silence that knows everything as it is. Haemin Sunim
Attachment, need, and desire all must go if one wishes to remain at peace. James Pierce
There’s only one reason why you’re not experiencing bliss at this present moment, and it’s because you’re thinking or focusing on what you don’t have. Otherwise you would be experiencing bliss. Anthony de Mello (Awareness)
The key to serenity is trusting that the universe has your back. Gabrielle Bernstein
To be in harmony with the wholeness of things is not to have anxiety over imperfections. Dogen
Serenity: When you stop expecting and start accepting. Maxime Lagacé
- 100 Letting Go Quotes To Help You Live Free
- 100 Inner Peace Quotes To Be Cool, Calm, And Collected
- 65 Acceptance Quotes To Help You Embrace Life Fully
Go to table of contents
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. The Serenity Prayer
The Best Serenity Quotes
Go to table of contents
From serenity comes gentleness, comes lasting strength. Pam Brown
The best fighter is never angry. Lao Tzu
Decide that wherever you are, is the best place there is. Once you start comparing, there’s no end to it. Sodo Yokoyama
Lasting happiness comes from the understanding that nothing can make you happy. James Pierce
The need for happiness will imprison you far more than happiness will liberate you. James Pierce
Great tranquility of heart is his who cares for neither praise nor blame. Thomas A. Kempis
Patience means allowing things to unfold at their own speed rather than jumping in with your habitual response to either pain or pleasure. Pema Chödrön
There is a contradiction in wanting to be perfectly secure in a universe whose very nature is momentariness and fluidity. Alan Watts
When you do the right thing, you get the feeling of peace and serenity associated with it. Do it again and again. Roy T. Bennett
Cheerfulness keeps up a kind of daylight in the mind, filling it with a steady and perpetual serenity. Joseph Addison
Peace is the simplicity of heart, the serenity of mind, tranquility of soul, the bond of love. Pio of Pietrelcina
Harmony is the feeling that arises from not wanting to be somewhere else, doing something else. Raj Raghunathan
In a society enslaved by the growth imperative, sufficiency is a revolutionary principle. Jason Hickel
Stop leaving and you will arrive. Stop searching and you will see. Stop running away and you will be found. Lao Tzu
Trying to control the future is like trying to take the master carpenter’s place…chances are that you’ll cut your hand. Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching)
Rule your mind with serenity rather than with force and manipulation. Lao Tzu
Peace is present right here and now, in ourselves and in everything we do and see. Every breath we take, every step we take, can be filled with peace, joy, and serenity. The question is whether or not we are in touch with it. We need only to be awake, alive in the present moment. Thich Nhat Hanh (Peace Is Every Step, Amazon book)
Having enough comes from the inside. It comes from seeing yourself and your work differently, from knowing that more is not the answer. Ryan Holiday
Care about doing your best. Don’t care about the results. Maxime Lagacé
The law of tranquility: where there is no resistance, there is no conflict. @zen_fi
Part 2. Serenity Quotes That Are…
The Most Famous Serenity Quotes (Thoreau, Emerson, Bhagavad Gita, etc.)
Go to table of contents
Sometimes surrender means giving up trying to understand, and becoming comfortable with not knowing. Eckhart Tolle
I will be calm. I will be mistress of myself. Jane Austen
Enthusiasm is a supernatural serenity. Henry David Thoreau
Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it well and serenely. Ralph Waldo Emerson
It is inner stillness that will save and transform the world. Eckhart Tolle
There is a place in you that you must keep inviolate, a place that you must keep clean. Maya Angelou
The trees, the flowers, the plants grow in silence. The stars, the sun, the moon move in silence. Silence gives us a new perspective. Mother Teresa
To shrug it all off and wipe it clean — every annoyance and distraction — and reach utter stillness. Child’s play. Marcus Aurelius
Do you want to become wiser than 95% of people?
Get our daily quotes by email today!
Join 5k+ Subscribers
The self-controlled soul, who moves amongst sense objects, free from either attachment or repulsion, he wins eternal peace. Bhagavad Gita
Free from all thoughts of ‘I’ and ‘mine’, a man finds absolute peace. Bhagavad Gita
Meet this transient world with neither grasping nor fear, trust the unfolding of life and you will attain true serenity. Bhagavad Gita
Aimlessness, nonattainment, is a wonderful practice. Thich Nhat Hanh
He that owns himself has lost nothing. But how few men are blessed with ownership of self! Seneca
If you take things personally you will remain offended for life. Deepak Chopra
Short Serenity Quotes
Go to table of contents
One-liners, short serenity quotes, sayings, thoughts, and captions for your bio, social status, self-talk, motto, mantra, signs, posters, wallpapers, and backgrounds.
Accept this moment. Maxime Lagacé
Doing nothing is something. Thich Nhat Hanh
Do your best and then relax. Paramahansa Yogananda
If you lose your temper, you lose. Richard Diaz
Allow nature to teach you stillness. Eckhart Tolle
A quiet mouth is a symptom of a quiet mind. James Pierce
Slow down. Spend more time observing. @dailyzen
Silence is a form of internal poetry. Thibaut
Don’t be afraid to just sit and watch. Anthony Bourdain
Peace is a sense that everything is fine. Naval Ravikant
Everything I desire is within me. Deepak Chopra
A mind at war with itself cannot know peace. James Pierce
The quiet mind enters into the immeasurable. Jiddu Krishnamurti
Make a place to sit down. Sit down. Be quiet. Wendell Berry
Be yourself and you will feel at home anywhere. Jim Kwik
Just be, and enjoy being. Eckhart Tolle
Serenity comes when you trade expectations for acceptance. Unknown
Everything is temporary. Lex Fridman (Source)
Non-resistance is the key to the greatest power in the universe. Eckhart Tolle
The wiser you get, the more you enjoy the process. Maxime Lagacé
When you let go of fear of the future, your soul feels light. Courtney Carver
Outrage is a result of the belief that things should be a certain way. James Pierce
Give thyself time to learn something new and good, and cease to be whirled around. Marcus Aurelius
Whenever possible: Breathe and be kind. When that’s not possible: Breathe and be quiet. Jason Garner
Inspirational Serenity Quotes
Go to table of contents
I think that the ideal space must contain elements of magic, serenity, sorcery and mystery. Luis Barragan
Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy and serenity. Thich Nhat Hanh
The sole art that suits me is that which, rising from unrest, tends toward serenity. André Gide
A garden must combine the poetic and the mysterious with a feeling of serenity and joy. Luis Barragan
Nature is the best medicine for serenity. Peace, calmness, stillness. It’s good for the heart. Karen Madwell
Forests are delightful, but the worldlings find no delight in them; only those who are free from passion will find delight in them, for they do not seek sensual pleasures. The Dhammapada
The more present I am, the happier and more content I will be. Naval Ravikant
The most wonderful taste of serenity is found by the love you create for yourself, and those around you. Joe Torres
Radiate an energy of serenity and peace so that you have an uplifting effect on those you come into contact with. Wayne Dyer
Well being, serenity and service to others are the ultimate measures of true wealth, success and power. Brendon Burchard
Planning is overrated. Trusting and taking action are underrated. Maxime Lagacé
When you let go of anger or resentment from the past, your heart feels light. Courtney Carver
We can be serene even in the midst of calamities and, by our serenity, make others more tranquil. Swami Satchidananda
The person who is not disturbed by happiness and distress and is steady in both is certainly eligible for liberation. Bhagavad Gita
Trust is knowing that no matter what happens, you will be better off than you were in the beginning. Iyanla Vanzant
If you want oneness in society, you have to teach people to go inside instead of going outside, because if they want peace, they need to find it within. Ram Dass
Serenity is not just an escape, but a precursor to acceptance, courage, wisdom, and change. Bill Crawford
When you lose touch with inner stillness, you lose touch with yourself. Eckhart Tolle
When you understand certain things, when you learn certain things, when you’re convinced of certain things, and when they become a deep part of you, then you naturally become a more peaceful person. Naval Ravikant
The ability to be content and at peace, by yourself, is freedom. Naval Ravikant
The one who is free of every and any intention, even the intention to be free, is free indeed. Mooji
The highest form of grace is silence. It is also the highest spiritual instruction. Ramana Maharishi
Go to table of contents
Conquest begets enmity; the conquered live in misery; the peaceful live happily having renounced conquest and defeat. The Dhammapada
- Serenity is the art of accepting.
- Serenity is when you face reality, as it is, peacefully.
- Ego says “this is useless”. Your soul says “this is fine”.
- Serenity requires wisdom: change what you can, ignore what you can’t.
- You’ll get the abundance you want when you stop resisting life.
- Topic: Happiness
- 81 Happiness Quotes That Will Light Up Your Day 😄
- 140 Calm Quotes To Help You Cool Down
- 100 Zen Quotes To Bring Stillness Into Your Life
- 89 Moving On Quotes To Bring Lightness Into Your Life
- 130 Maturity Quotes To Make You Steady And Calm
- 12 Science-Based Benefits of Meditation (healthline. com)
- 100 Meditation Quotes (For Less Stress And More Calmness)
- How To Improve Your Mental Health
- How To Be Happy
Hope you liked these beautiful serenity quotes. If you did, please share them with a friend today!
Are you serene? What’s your favorite serenity quote? Please let us know in the comment section below!
Table Of Contents
Top 15 Images
Serenity Quotes That ARE
- 130 Short Quotes That Will Inspire You (Fast) 13.4k views
- 100 Life Quotes That Will Inspire You (2022 Update) 8.9k views
- 155 Of The Most Famous Quotes Of All Time 6.3k views
- 170 Silence Quotes To Make You Feel Grounded 5.2k views
- 150 Buddha Quotes And Buddhist Quotes 4.6k views
Maxime Lagacé started collecting quotes in 2004 after he lost his girlfriend in a car accident.
In search of meaning, he dived in the self-improvement world, psychology and trail running.
Books, blogs, quotes and nature became his guide.
He started journaling, reflecting, writing thoughts, feelings and quotes.
His goal was to understand his pain, his depression, his fears, his lack of motivation and inspiration.
He finished his software engineering degree in 2007 at the École de Technologie Supérieure de Montréal. He also studied at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
A few years later, he started his first website to share his love of quotes.
Maxime is a father of two, INFJ and also loves running.
Other notable interests of Maxime are health (mental and physical), meditation, nutrition, bananas, SEO, human potential, productivity, education and minimalism.
Finally, he still considers himself a beginner.
You can find him on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube.
October 6, 2022
Disclaimer: This article may include affiliate links to books and products we think are useful for our readers. If you choose buy through links on this page, we may earn a little commission at no extra cost to you. In the end, this will help WisdomQuotes become better. Thank you.
Quotes about peace, the universe and harmony on earth
- Marina Zhigalova
- Quotes and aphorisms
in the world. Here are collected quotes about the world and sayings about the world, which show how people can live without violence.
What can ordinary people do who don't want war and don't want to fight? Many of us are asking this question today. Believers can pray for peace. Others can financially support those in need. In addition, it is important to remember simple gestures such as a kind word, words of encouragement, or an assurance of kindness. nine0013
Let's remember that words have great power! They can bring comfort and relief, give strength. And although today's world in many places is filled with chaos, wars and violence. But these words of wisdom about the world remind us that goodness still exists.
When is the International Day of Peace celebrated? It is dedicated to peace and the absence of war, which means a ceasefire in war zones. nine0013
Meaningful peace quotes
- If the credo of peace and survival goes through wars, man will eventually disappear. — Mostefa Hellaf
- The world will be born only from the world. Not from a world concluded after a battle, but from a world concluded without a fight and established as the final victory of the idea over the sword. — Emile de Girardin
- Only when we share do we have world peace. Learning peace is nothing more than learning to share. — Hermann Gmeiner
- There can be no peace in a world where there is anger and hatred in the hearts of people. Peace can only be achieved with love and compassion in the heart. — Shri Sathya Narayan Goenka
- There will be no peace on this planet as long as human rights are violated anywhere in the world. — René Cassin
- World peace can be achieved, discovered, offered and manifested on earth only when the power of love replaces the love of power in every person. — Sri Chinmoy
- Unchanged friendship and eternal peace among all peoples - is this a dream? No, hatred and war are dreams from which one day one will wake up. — Carl Ludwig Born. (These sayings about friends teach you to truly value friendship.) nine0006
- Peace is not just the absence of war: as long as there is poverty, racism, discrimination and exclusion, it will be difficult for us to achieve world peace. — Rigoberta Menchu
- You can have peace. Or you can get freedom. Never expect to have both at the same time. —Robert Anson Heinlein
- To make peace with an enemy, you must work with that enemy, and then that enemy becomes your partner. — Nelson Mandela
- Nothing is more hypocritical than these arms-dealing countries that claim to be for peace. — Frank Ntasamara
- When people realize that no weapons and ammunition contribute to dialogue in the name of peace, and they stop producing and buying them, then the world will be reborn! - Ja Olela Vembo
- There is an old and true recipe, as always, to keep the peace in yourself - always blame others. — Rene Daumal
Quotes about the inner world of a person
The constant search for inner peace makes us learn more about ourselves in order to further develop. Therefore, the quotes on this list will inspire you to calm down. Calm your mind, body and spirit with these serene thoughts. (I advise you to read quotes and statuses about self-love). nine0013
- Don't let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace. — The Dalai Lama
- He who lives at peace with himself experiences his greatness in love and compassion. — Franz Schmidberger
- He who has no peace in his heart, has no peace outside. — Johann Geiler von Kaysersberg
- When you find peace within yourself, then you can laugh louder than your suffering. — Charif Barzouk
- If peace is ever established, then it can only be real if each individual first establishes peace within himself, and eradicates all feelings of hatred towards any race or people. — Etty Hillesum
- Peace must begin within ourselves. Everyone must cultivate it in themselves so that it spreads throughout the world. — Dalai Lama
- Success is being at peace with yourself, controlling your thoughts, focusing on your goals and not expecting anything from anyone. - Dubal Abdel Jalil
- For the mind to be at peace, it must be nourished by soothing silence. — Grout Cyan
- To make peace with oneself means to make peace with the whole Earth. — Charles Dreaman Wells
- If we want peace, we must act accordingly. You cannot claim happiness if you do not overcome the pain that lies in the depths of the heart. — Joel Laurencin
- Solitude is a unique moment of peace that no vitamin can give us. — Nadia Boukli-Khasene
- To be in harmony and at peace with one's conscience is the main and primary condition that a good person can demand. — Jean-Michel Ville
- Keep peace within yourself and then offer it to others. — Thomas of Kempis
- Peace is impossible as long as there is struggle, tension, fear inside you. How can there be peace on earth if there is war inside of you? — Sai Maa
- When a person has a lot of wild dogs in his house, he should look elsewhere for peace. - Pearl Buck (I recommend reading quotes and wise words about the wolf alone).
Quotes about war and peace
- War and peace fight together, but do not have the same victories. — DESCREA
- Peace is a song, war is a long howl among screams. — Robert Sabatier
- Man is born for peace, but he breathes only war. - Jacques-Benigne Bossuet
- As long as despots are not ready for war, the word "peace" is always on their lips. (Stefan Zweig)
- It is easier to declare war than to make peace. (Emile de Girardin)
- Lies can start wars, but truths can stop entire armies. — Otto von Bismarck
- Pray for a world at war. Pray that war does not break out again in the world. Pray that humanity will realize that war only brings destruction. — André Asmar. (Read these wise quotes and powerful phrases about believing in God. )
- We always find money for war, but we never find money for civilian life. — Albert Bree
- If you like war, be a nationalist. If you like the world, be a citizen of the world. — Oliver Marcus Malloy
- Peace, if it ever comes, will not be based on the fear of war, but on the love of peace. — Julien Benda
- In times of peace to do as much good as possible, and in war as little harm as possible, that is the right of nations. — Charles Louis de Montesquieu
- A mediocre treaty or a lame peace is better than war. — Georges Clemenceau
- Peace is the time when we say stupid things, war is the time when we pay for it. — Robert St. John
- One person can start a war, but it takes two to make peace. — Henri de Monterlant
- History gives us only examples of violations of the peace, unjust and cruel wars, devastated fields, cities turned to ashes. — Denis Diderot
- We are a civilization that knows how to make war, but no longer knows how to make peace. — Guglielmo Ferrero
- Peace is not the absence of war, but a virtue that comes from fortitude. — Benedict Spinoza
- To always be one war behind, we must sometimes be one world ahead. — Robert Sabatier
- Not war, but peace is the father of all things. — Ludwig von Mises
- What kind of world could we build if we used the forces unleashed by war to create it. - Einstein
Quotes about peace and love
- Peace, like love, requires a knightly heart, this is not the work of soft and fearful people. — Jacqueline Kelen
- Love, hate, peace are the three emotions that form the web of human life. — Virginia Woolf
- Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war, but on the love of peace. It will not be refraining from action, but a state of mind. — Julien Benda
- Life is love, and the fruit of this love is peace. This is the only solution to all the world's problems. — Mother Teresa. (I advise you to read quotes and sayings about life with a deep meaning).
- If love and peace prevail and we teach our children to respect nature, then the joys and beauties of this world will never disappear. — Jimmy Carter
- Love, joy, and peace are the fruits of the spirit, which is your essence and the essence of the world. — Aldous Huxley
- We must take care of the world, protect love, peace, justice. — Chavela Vargas
- Peace can come into the world only when people recognize God and understand that only through love for the Creator can one love His creation. — Mirza Masroor Ahmad
- In a world where peace and love rule, money is useless. — Ardit Beqiri
- If anyone thinks that love and peace are a cliché that should have been abandoned in the sixties, that's their problem. Love and peace are eternal. — John Lennon
- Peace and love are the two centers of our universe, they share our destiny. — Sonya Lahsaini
- If you want peace, create love. - Victor Hugo. (More about love, you can find in statuses and quotes about love).
- Raise your love, lift it high. Don't let the world and its circumstances make you hate. — Nurudin Ushava
- Can love and peace live in one heart? Youth is unhappy because it faces this terrible choice; love without peace or peace without love. — Pierre Beaumarchais
- Love is not a doctrine, Peace is not an international agreement. Love and peace are beings that live in us as possibilities. — Mary Caroline Richards
Short, wise and beautiful quotes and aphorisms about peace
- Culture is the weapon of peace. — Maxim Grale
- The coat of the angel of the world is very beautiful, but the question is, who will wear it? — Jozsef Mindszenty
- For peace nourishes, but discord devours. — Johann Peter Hebel
- Peace? This is what is most signed and least respected by man. — Hansel Christian
- In the past, technology was a boon for humans, now it is becoming a danger. Even in such a world, she begins to destroy the earth. — Edward Bond. (I advise you to read you a list of quotes about science and technology). nine0006
- I declare the world to be the greatest work of art. — Wolf Vostel
- All people desire peace, but few desire what leads to peace. — Aldous Huxley
- Peace is not an empty word, but behavior. — Felix Houphouet-Boigny
- Believe in peace, forgiveness and love: they are from Christ. — John Paul II
- The world is a suspended dream. — Kofi Annan
- Peace is impossible without progress. Without peace, progress is impossible. — Kofi Annan
- What is good in this world is that the wheel is spinning. Perhaps slowly, but it works! — Frank Ntasamara
- A man is never more confident in peace than when he is able not to be afraid of war. — Count Louis Philippe de Segur
- The Cold War is the first living experience of the atomic world. — Gaston Boutoul
- Tolerance is the virtue that makes peace possible. — Kofi Annan
- In an oppressed country, even the dead cannot rest in peace. — Fidel Castro
- We never talk about peace so eloquently as we did when we just won the war. — Jean Dutour
- We prefer an unjust peace to a just war! — Samuel Butler
- In politics, as in love, there are no peace treaties, only truces. — Duke de Levy
- A peaceful and harmonious world is the secret nightmare of officers and lawyers. — Norman Mailer
- I hope for peace, peace, peace in the world! But I don't think it will, because people just can't bring themselves to live in peace. — Astrid Lindgren
Sayings about peace
- Universal peace will come one day, not because people will become better, but because a new order, a new science, new economic needs will impose a state of peace on them. — Anatole France
- A creative look, a smile, a gesture, an honest word liberate us and make us more confident, responsible, and united. With patience and wisdom, in time we can become bearers of life, hope and peace. — Magda Hollander-Lafon
- A strong woman hides a lot of personality. Behind this personality lie magnificent worlds. Behind these worlds lies peace and happiness. — Alexandra Hutchinson. (I recommend reading other beautiful quotes about strong women and their influence on people). nine0006
- Our future world must be born not from the indisputable domination of some and the hopeless enslavement of others, but from a kind and frank equality between comrades. — Elise Reclus
- We are living in a transitional period between a previous history that was a history of wars and a future that will bring either a complete end or a state of world peace. — Karl Jaspers
- Peace breeds wealth, wealth breeds arrogance, arrogance breeds war, war breeds poverty, poverty breeds humility, humility breeds peace again. nine0006
- How much pain and how much death still exists in this continent that longs for peace and yet easily succumbs to the temptations of the past! Whereas peace is not just the absence of wars, conflicts, tensions. From a Christian point of view, this is both a gift from God and the fruit of the free and reasonable action of a person who, in truth and love, thinks about the common good. — Pope Francis
Statuses and beautiful phrases about peace
- The peace process is like a wedding night in a minefield. nine0006
- Eat and be calm! There is nothing more important than being at peace with your belly.
- It takes two to make up: you and the neighbor across the street.
- The world is what remains after we share the cake.
- The tree of silence bears the fruits of peace.
- We don't want wealth. We want peace and love.
- The world is the breadwinner of the earth.
- The milkmaid's child sleeps peacefully because he knows that he will have milk no matter what.
- Don't have neighbors if you want to live in peace with them.
- The world is when you shoot somewhere else.
- A peasant peace is better than a civil war.
- Only he can live in peace with himself who does something for his fellows.
- The world cannot be conquered against each other, but only by living with each other.
- One cow in the world is better than three in a war.
- A sure peace is better than a dubious victory.
- You cannot keep the peace longer than your neighbor wants. nine0006
- Only peace is sacred, not war!
Closing words about peace quotes
From time immemorial, prominent figures have tried unsuccessfully to bring about world peace. They searched endlessly for a way to bring peace to all, from promoting education to focusing on human rights. Unfortunately, our society has not grown up to this yet.
Today the whole world is watching the tragedy in Ukraine, where bombs are falling, there are ruins and ashes, where women, men and children are killed. Children who will never grow up and know what a world without war looks like. It is impossible to pass by this tragedy indifferently. The enormity of the suffering endured by innocent people there is staggering. nine0013
The quotes in this article about world peace show that there is still hope for a peaceful future. And in order to find world peace, the whole world must be able to tolerate each other, there must be freedom of expression and speech.
Video quotes about peace and war
Independent writer, lover of poetry. Received a Journalism Supplement (DS) Diploma from the Russian Institute of Vocational Education "IPO". I love following the lives of celebrities. Famous people are most often attractive, and I am attracted to beautiful and smart people. My goal is to help people live their best lives every day by sharing joy and love. nine0013
Peaceful, serene evening Gently glanced at us... QuotesBox
- Deutsche De nine0006
- English En
- Francais Fr
- Russian Ru
- About Us
- Contact Us
- privacy nine0006
- G nine0006
- And nine0003 Y
- P nine0006
- X nine0003 C
- I AM nine0006
The evening is peaceful, serene
Meekly looked into our eyes,
With secret sadness, with tender sadness.