Confidence building exercises for women
13 Confidence Building Exercises Every Woman Needs To Try
What do Beyonce and Taylor Swift have in common? They rock self-confidence like no one’s business. They’re unapologetically bold. They carry themselves with a type of elegance that makes everyone’s heads turn when they walk into a room. They have precisely the type of self-confidence all of us women should have. It's like they practice confidence building exercises on a regular basis!
Well, if you’re ready to channel your inner Queen B and T-Swizzle, I’ve got 13 confidence building activities for you to try. These are also activities to build self esteem if this is an area you struggle with too.
Why should you practice confidence building exercises?
Merriam-Webster defines confidence as “a feeling or consciousness of one’s powers or reliance on one’s circumstances.” What does this mean for us women, exactly?
It means that when you’re confident, you feel secure in who you are and where you’re headed in life. You don’t focus on your weaknesses because you stand grounded in your strengths.
It means you have high self-esteem and believe in your ability to handle any situation that comes your way. You always feel ready to take on the world and accomplish your goals — because you know you’re capable of achieving your dreams.
Doesn’t that type of confidence sound like something every woman should strive for?
13 Daily confidence building exercises and activities to build self esteem
If you’re ready to boost your self-esteem, here are 13 confidence building activities to try!
1. Stop comparing yourself to others to start building confidence
First things first, stop comparing yourself to others. Comparison is the thief of joy. You’ll never experience the type of self-confidence you deserve if you’re constantly measuring your success by those around you. It’ll only leave you feeling inadequate and insecure.
So one way to practice this is by writing down your comparison triggers. Your trigger could be someone on social media, a high-end retail store near your house, a certain friend who can’t stop bragging about their achievements.
After you’ve written down your triggers, see what you can do to reduce them in your life. For example, if it’s social media, set aside an hour this week to unfollow anyone who makes you doubt your self-worth. If it’s a certain clothing store, stop visiting.
2. Focus on your strengths
We often remember the bad more than the good, according to a recent Washington Post survey. And when we’re laser-focused on all the times we’ve failed, it can destroy our confidence. One way to boost your self-esteem is to focus on your strengths. There are two confidence building exercises you can try for this one:Reflecting on everything you’ve accomplished so far in life can improve your self esteem
Go back as far as you can remember (even to that spelling bee you won in 5th grade). Write it all down so you can reference it when you need a reminder of how awesome you are.Writing down everything you’re good is a great confidence building exercise
It could be as simple as, “I’m good at making homemade coffee that rivals any coffee shop” to something complex like, “I’m really good at building a successful business that generates more than $80,000 in revenue a year.” Focus on these strengths — they’re the reason you rock!
Don’t know what you’re good at? Ask your family and friends or go through these 60 journal prompts for self discovery.
3. Ditch perfectionism
How many times has perfectionism held you back in life? You don’t run that marathon because you think you need to be more in shape. Your boss passes you up for a promotion because you didn't think you were qualified. You spend hours agonizing over that business report because you just need to edit it one more time.
Perfectionism kills confidence — and it prevents you from getting anything done. Now is the time to ditch perfectionism and stop overanalyzing everything. Sign up for that marathon now. Go after that promotion. Submit that report. You just might surprise yourself.
4. Rewire your negative thoughts and beliefs
Human beings have over 6,000 thoughts per day. And for some of us, our inner critic is the voice that seems the loudest in our minds. Morning affirmations are one of the best confidence building exercises you can do to silence that little critic in your head.
For example, if you believe you’re scatter-brained, your morning affirmation could be, “My mind is clear and focused. Nothing can get in my way or distract me from my goals.” I personally love affirmations because they help rewrite any negative beliefs you have about yourself.
5. Smile and make eye contact with people
Even if you don’t want to, smiling and making eye contact with people can give you a great boost of confidence. It signals to those around you that you’re open to communicating and can help put everyone at ease. The more you practice doing it, the more naturally it will come to you.
6. Set a goal and then challenge yourself to achieve it!
There’s something empowering about setting a goal and then achieving it. But when you have a billion goals floating around your head, it can be hard to take action on any specific one. Why not try out something fun and turn one of your goals into a challenge?
It could be something small like learning a new financial term you don’t know or something big like maxing out your retirement account for the year. The sky’s the limit!
7. Prioritize self-discipline as part of your confidence building exercises
Self-discipline refers to your ability to control your emotions and behaviors. When you’re self-disciplined, you’re more inclined to stick with your goals (even those big, lofty ones like becoming debt-free or buying your first house).
There are several ways you can improve your self-discipline — set small goals, read a book like No Excuses, get an accountability partner. Pick one or two and see how it pumps up your confidence meter.
8. Take yourself on a date
You need to love yourself before you can truly love anyone else. What better way to do this than by dating yourself? Set aside 30 minutes or an hour each week to truly get to know Y-O-U.
Figure out your likes and dislikes, get comfortable with your own thoughts, do something interesting you’ve always wanted to do. Learning to love yourself first may just be one of the best confidence building activities you try.
9. Practice sharing your opinions
If you’re the introverted type who struggles to speak out (#guilty), make an effort to develop and share your opinions more. If you don’t think you can share your opinions eloquently and succinctly, practice saying them out loud to your partner or yourself in the mirror.
The more you say your thoughts out loud, the more confidence you’ll have when sharing them with others. Sharing your opinions is one of the most important activities to build self esteem.
10. Start thinking like a confident woman and make this a daily confidence building exercise
Think of the most confident woman you know. Then, before you do something that seems scary or intimidating, ask yourself, “What would [NAME] do in this situation?”
Then do whatever comes to mind! This might be the same as “faking it ‘till you make it,” but it's one of the best confidence building exercises you can do — and it’s sure to get you out of your own head and away from those negative thoughts.
11. Surround yourself with ambitious people
So I’m the type of person who overanalyzes everything. For example, it took me an entire year to buy a $70 pair of Tevas because — even though I knew which pair I wanted — I thought I needed to research every other type of style to make sure. I ended up buying the same pair I wanted all along and kicked myself for wasting an entire year overanalyzing stinkin’ shoes.)
On the other hand, I have a friend who always encourages me to do things I want to do right away (instead of pondering on them for ages). I always love hanging out with her because she pushes me to be more ambitious, which always boosts my confidence in return.
Of course, this can backfire if you have an ambitious friend who tempts you to spend money you don’t have. You know yourself best. Find that “good” type of ambitious pal that propels you to be better.
12. Practice self-care to boost your self esteem
Looks aren’t everything, but you should feel confident in your own skin. If you’re feeling drab about your appearance, maybe it’s time to practice some self-care. Set aside some money in your budget to revamp your wardrobe, get a manicure, or book an appointment for that facial you’ve been dying to try. You’ll feel more confident and more relaxed. It’s truly one of the best confidence building exercises out there.
13. Show your body some love
It’s proven that regular exercise can boost your self-confidence. It also relieves stress by pumping up endorphins and distracting you from life’s daily worries. The key is to do something you love — throw a dance in your kitchen, go for a hike, start that garden in your backyard.
Whatever you do, move your body in a way that feels fun for you. (Preferably for 30 minutes a day.) Eat healthy foods to boot, and you’ll be doing one of the best activities to build self-esteem and your physical well-being at the same time!
Which of these confidence building exercises will you do first?
Building your self-esteem takes time. Start by picking one or two confidence building activities from the list (I recommend a few that seem easiest) and trying them out for a while. When you feel like you’ve mastered them, move on to a few more.
You deserve to be the self-confident rockstar I know that you are. You got this! Just don’t forget to channel your inner Queen B or T-Swizzle.
Boost your confidence with your finances and learn how to ditch debt, save money, and build wealth with our completely free courses and worksheets! Also, follow Clever Girl Finance on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube for upbuilding motivation and top financial tips!
10 Self Confidence Building Activities for Women
Ever feel like there’s some days you wake up feeling super confident and ready to go, and other days you need a little help mustering up the courage to face what the day holds?
There’s been countless times in my own life when I’ve wished I was feeling just a little more confident going into a day or situation.
In recent years, I’ve learned a few things that I keep in my personal growth toolkit to help me feel more confident. Now, I’m sharing my favorite confidence building activities for women with you!
Although, technically they can be done by anyone, I find that these things have been really empowering to me as a woman. Quick pick-me-ups, long term plans, and full confidence resets are all getting covered in this post. Any time I need a little confidence boost, these are my go to tips. Let’s dive in!
Self Confidence Building Activities for Women
Usually when I’m not feeling super confident, it’s because something is holding me back; an old insecurity, uncertainty in my ability, or something I didn’t realize I was fearing. Anytime I feel like this, journalling is one of my favorite things to do for processing through.
When you journal freely, it gives you the ability to get everything you’re feeling out and onto paper where you can see it. You may even find there are things bottled up that you didn’t even know you were feeling.
Giving yourself the space and permission to give voice to those thoughts and feelings enables you to see what you’re facing and create a game plan for growing through it. Plus, sometimes just getting the words out of your head can make you feel a hundred times better.
Check out Journey, a digital journal app that allows you to journal on the go.
2) Superwoman Pose
Need to feel more confident in a 30 second period? Try the Wonder Woman pose.
Seriously, actually stand up and try this – stand with your feet hip width apart, put your hands on your hips, shoulders back, chest out, head high. Take a few deep breaths in and out here as you confidently stand in your place. For an extra dose of confidence, say the words “I am confident I can do this” while you hold the pose.
Why would this work? Have you ever seen someone that just looked so confident? What about someone who looks totally insecure? The difference? How they carry themselves, right?
People who are confident hold their heads up high; people who aren’t have droopy shoulders and hang their head usually in an attempt to make themselves smaller.
Confidence isn’t just an emotional thing, it shines through in how we carry ourselves too. Next time you need a quick confidence boost, try this wonder woman pose.
3) Pick a Mantra or Quote that Inspires You
We’ve all had one of those moments when thoughts and emotions start to spiral. I’ve found that the best way to shake that off is to have a quote or a personal mantra that is personally motivating to help rewrite the negative thoughts that are fighting to take control.
Whenever you find yourself in the downward spiral, take awareness of it, and use a reset tool like Mel Robbins’ 5 Second Rule, then say the quote or mantra to yourself. This may take some practice but the more you do it, the easier it will become.
4) Be Around People and Media that Builds Confidence
If you become like the people you are closest to and the media you consume then you definitely want to be around people and consuming media that builds.
Find people, books, and podcasts that build you up in whatever area of confidence you’re working on. When you’re having a rough moment, you can call your go to person or dive into the resources that make you feel confident.
Topics don’t have to be exactly about confidence but if there is an area you want to build your confidence in, then find resources on those topics.
5) Avoid People and Media that Tear Down Confidence
Similarly, avoid people and media that feeds into the negative. For instance, if you’re trying to be more confident in your ability to be a good parent, don’t hang out with people or watch tv shows where bad parenting is the cultural norm or main joke.
The choices we make when it comes to who we hang out with or the media we consume directly impact the quality of our lives. If you’re not happy with your current life, check into what you are consuming and who you are hanging out with.
6) Dress to Feel Good
I don’t know about you, but when I’ve showered, done my hair, and wear clothes I feel good in, I always feel more confident than when I’m in old sweats and need a shower.
If you know you’re going to need some extra confidence in a day, pick an outfit that makes you feel good and confident. This isn’t about vanity or how you look, it’s about how you feel. We tend to carry ourselves very differently when we put on our favorite outfit and there’s definitely nothing wrong with having a favorite outfit!
7) Breathing Exercises
There are some moments in life, when what we really need to help us isn’t actively building our confidence but just regaining our grounding.
Personally, I believe that we all have everything we need to be confident within us. Bringing awareness to it in a rough moment can be really powerful. One way to do this is to just pause and take some time to do breathing exercises or even tapping exercises.
There’s a really great app with tapping and breathing exercises called The Tapping Solution. It has guided practices including some specifically designed for Building Confidence and Turning Your Day Around. It’s a great tool to use anywhere and at any time when you need a reset.
8) Create a Confidence Building Playlist
When I need to get into the zone, I have a go to playlist I put on with songs that are just to get my energy pumped back up. I only listen to it when I really need that extra confidence pump.
Everyone’s pump list is a little different so make this personal to you!
9) Push Yourself to Do Something Hard
Very few things feel as good as the moment you finish doing something hard. That moment you finish a really difficult workout, face a conversation that takes courage, or stand up for yourself in an area you never have before.
When we prove to ourselves that we can show up for ourselves and our loved ones, we are actively practicing building our confidence.
This doesn’t even need to be something really big. Going to the gym when we’ve always struggled to before, eating the salad, saying no to a scheduled commitment, or avoiding a toxic relationship can all feel hard. In the grand scheme of life, they are little things that can have a big impact.
10) Have a Go-To Reset
In the moments that feel really hard, I like to pull out my handy dandy notebook (please tell me you enjoyed that reference as much as I did), and use it to reset.
But in all seriousness, I’ll journal a bit about what I’m feeling and then proceed to go through a set of activities that help me mentally reset.
You can use several of the things from this list of confidence building activities for women to put a reset routine together or just pick one or two that really make you feel more confident!
Mine usually includes journaling or a walk, a shower, and a nap if it’s a really rough day.
So what will you put into action? These are the confidence building activities for women that I’ve used over the years, whether I need a quick confidence hype up or a full out reset for the day. Day by day these things have helped me change my life and navigate towards a direction I feel good about.
Every one of these activities is something you can add to your confidence building toolkit too and I hope you do! I look forward to hearing all about how you put them into use to change your own life!
only effective exercises and advice
(Votes: 5, Rating: 5)
From this material you will learn:
Since developing self-confidence in a man or woman is a really difficult thing, many remain closed and insecure. But how many mountains could be turned... In fact, everything is very simple, you just need to start doing something with yourself.
First of all, you need to learn that confidence rests on three pillars - the psychology of behavior, a healthy body and positive emotions and feelings. Having developed them, we can say that half the battle is already done. And for full pumping, you need exercises and useful books, which we are happy to share with you.
What does self-confidence mean
As we understand it, this is a personality trait based on a positive perception of one's skills and abilities, which will ensure the achievement of the set goals and satisfy everyday needs. Confident people are not afraid to make mistakes and always strive for excellence.
They are free from painful doubts, have an objective self-esteem and soberly weigh their own prospects. All these qualities will help a person become successful, force obstacles and achieve the main goals.
Often reassessment of one's strengths, existing skills and knowledge borders on self-confidence. And vice versa, underestimation of internal reserves causes indecision and complexes. How to develop psychological strength and confidence, we will consider further.
Such negative personality traits as inflated conceit and faith in one's own perfection always lead to arrogant actions and deeds. Self-confident people like to tempt fate, not taking into account real threats and even the risk to life.
"Business training online: how to choose the most suitable option"More
The indecisive, on the contrary, are afraid to make decisions and often doubt their abilities, qualifications and experience. They tend to do everything at the behest of management and more responsible colleagues. The cause of insecurity is distrust of oneself, and this feeling should be eradicated.
The above negative character traits only bring harm, so it is much better if you find a middle ground.
To understand how to develop self-confidence, you need to know all its signs. Here are the main ones:
- have a high responsibility;
- know the value of words and not give empty promises;
- continuously improve;
- justify all decisions;
- be ready to help and inspire others;
- be able to ask for support;
- take failures as useful lessons, gain experience and be wiser;
- harmoniously develop your mind, strengthen the body and fortitude.
Confident people, regardless of gender, tend to attract success simply by not being afraid to lose something. They all know the value of risk and will not allow themselves to make big mistakes. They stay afloat even when outwardly the situation resembles defeat. The main thing is that this wonderful personality trait can always be developed.
How to overcome shyness and develop confidence in a timid person, read on. But first, let's list those character traits that are inherent in an insecure person:
- fear of making a mistake;
- containment of emotions;
- pessimistic hopes for the coming day;
- lack of social skills, fear of communication and crowds;
- slowness in solving problems;
- exposure to other people's opinions;
- desire to absolve himself of responsibility.
These people prefer to always have someone responsible for important decisions next to them.
In any case, self-esteem will have to be increased, even if a person proves that this is superfluous for him. Otherwise, how to develop confidence and determination in yourself? When an employee firmly vouches for the fulfillment of certain obligations, he does not need a competent employee for insurance, since hope for others loses its relevance.
3 components of self-confidence
- Psychology of actions
Usually strong-willed individuals plan their actions, preferring not to delay the achievement of goals and resolutely moving towards their dream. They communicate with quite successful people who know very well how to develop, and take an example from them.
To learn to control your actions and choose the right path, you need to understand the properties of your personality. To do this, psychologists have created a socionic test that allows you to find out the personal qualities and professional capabilities of the subject. Find your own strategy of behavior and learn flexibility.
When discussing how to develop courage and self-confidence, it should be noted that decisive people look authoritative. The first opinion about a person is usually created instantly, as they say, at first sight. Therefore, you need to pay attention to your style of dressing, gait, facial expressions, rate of speech, voice, gestures.
- Psychology of feelings and the power of emotions
Being aware of our emotional world, we can control our actions. By increasing emotional intelligence, you can learn to manage your own feelings, express them correctly, understand others and develop intuition. Of course, it is difficult to recognize and curb your emotions. The “Diary of Feelings” will help to facilitate this task, where you need to write down the events and emotions that excite you every day. And after a while you will easily understand the algorithm of their appearance and comprehend the reasons for these sentiments.
3 Exercises to Build Confidence
- Image of Confidence
This is a kind of auto-training that allows you to create in your mind an ideal image of a strong personality and imitate it under different circumstances.
Sources where you can find the desired image in order to understand how to develop self-confidence are books, films, specific individuals or certain aspects of their behavior. Imagine that you are endowed with the valuable qualities of the chosen character. Project his actions into your difficult situations and evaluate the new image. Try to implement this style of behavior in your life day by day. Experiment!
Do all of your assertiveness training in complete solitude. Stand in front of a mirror and say what you would be embarrassed to say in public. Change intonation, facial expressions, gestures, voice volume. Try to keep your gaze and stare at the “interlocutor”. You can tell him stories, funny anecdotes - everything that you did not dare to voice in reality, being afraid to forget the nuances.
In the process of personal growth, there are stresses and mistakes. This is natural, since important tasks require a lot of strength from a person. You need to learn how to get out of the negative mood and restore your inner potential in order to move forward. This is where meditation helps. It will keep you in shape as you learn how to develop confidence in your abilities.
What do we have to do? Focus on an object, say a candle flame. This will allow you to calm your mind and get rid of obsessive thoughts. Self-contemplation will help you look into your soul, put great willpower there, see your own essence and rely on it in further progress towards success.
25 universal tips on how to develop self-confidence
- Rely on your soulmate . Often people close to you can provide support in difficult moments of life, please and strengthen self-confidence.
- Choose the right style of clothing . Having a fashionable wardrobe and a presentable appearance, a person feels himself in a new way. It is necessary to dress in such a way that your appearance gives you pleasure, and from time to time change your image, avoiding monotonous monotony. No need to buy expensive things! You can wear a well-chosen, solid casual and often dilute it with new products.
- Evaluate yourself from the outside. Take a look in the mirror and notice everything positive in your image and what you need to exclude. With the help of clothes, makeup and hairstyles, emphasize your external advantages and smooth out imperfections. If you're at a loss, look at what popular people with your type are wearing and look for advice from fashion experts on the Internet.
- Think positively. Do you know how to develop fortitude and self-confidence through thoughts? It is enough to change your thinking, and your life will change significantly. Look at yourself and your environment in a new way - calmly, in a positive perspective. Now they say all the time that thought is material, and this actually works. Don't blame anyone, including yourself. Accept everyone as they are, and note only positive traits in people. The same applies to you.
- Be a person. Learn to live with your mind. Take responsibility for your actions, thoughts and words. Many people act in a pattern or have a collective “like everyone else” mindset. Try to be different from the crowd and strengthen your conviction that you are right. Defend your own opinion, argue your position and achieve yours.
- Understand yourself. It has long been known that in order to defeat the enemy, you need to know what he is thinking. You can’t get rid of fear without experiencing this feeling for yourself. Start keeping a diary and openly enter your thoughts and actions there. Analyzing the events of a certain period of time (several days, a week, a month), it is easier to find causal relationships. Then tune in to positive thoughts about yourself and the upcoming changes in your actions that you are striving for. Find what is holding you back and decide if those fears are real or fiction.
- Do not think, but act. Have you thought long and hard about how to develop confidence? Start turning your dreams into reality. In fact, actions will be the basis of your achievements. As soon as your thoughts become positive, actions will change instantly. Since you are perceived by deeds, then, by changing your course of action, you yourself will become different.
- Behave nobly. Generosity and kindness is a great tool to increase self-esteem. Knowing your good intentions makes you feel comfortable.
- Be purposeful and principled. What is your life based on? Are there important goals? What rules do you follow? If you find it difficult to answer, think about who you are and what your purpose is. A principled person is always confident in his abilities. And those who plan for themselves immediate and long-term goals are successful and purposeful people.
The Psychology of Influence in Sales: Persuade and Resist More
- Speak clearly and slowly. Undoubtedly, the manner in which we express our thoughts can influence the attitude of the people around us. A strong-willed personality has a concise, measured speech. Such a person has nowhere to hurry, he is convinced of his influence and knows that he was heard. This is very important in the question of how to develop confidence in communicating with a client. Practicing conversation, as most of us pause, filling them with parasitic words (mmm, well, like, uh, etc.). They should be removed from the lexicon. But don't overdo it. Do not speak very slowly or almost inaudibly. And the main thing in communication is to express your thoughts thinking what you say.
- Correct your posture. Watch how you walk. Do not slouch and do not rest your eyes on the ground. A person with a straight back looks straight ahead, from the side he looks confident and impressive. The same applies to the sitting posture. Practice in front of a mirror how to sit or walk properly. Thus, you will correct your posture, raise your tone with health benefits.
- Set a micro-goal and achieve results. Usually people make mistakes by overestimating their own capabilities. And when they fail, they immediately give up. Set realistic goals for yourself and try to meet them. Each new success will strengthen your self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Adjust your habits. We are not talking about something cardinal, such as smoking. Start with small tasks. For example, set your alarm for half an hour earlier or come home on time. The goal should be small and 100% achievable. Stick to this routine for a whole month. Then, when you fix the result, it will be easier for you to do it than at the beginning, when you started the reformation.
- Focus on problem solving. Those who like to murmur and get hung up on difficulties need to stop this. Don't think about a difficult situation. Direct your thoughts to resolve the issue. If you consider yourself lazy and lack inner self-confidence, how can you develop the will to succeed? Everything is simple. Change the direction of your thoughts and think about where you can draw energy and how to keep your potential.
- Smile more often . Be positive. After all, everything in life is not so hopeless, which means there are reasons for smiles and fun. Rejoice for your neighbors, it will be useful to you.
- Thank you. Be grateful for everything you have in life and what you have received from others. Feel sincere, not ostentatious gratitude, and others will appreciate it.
- Engage in self-development. Investing in your education is a sure-fire way to build self-confidence. The ways for this are different, but the most optimal and reliable is self-study online. In addition to the Internet, there is a mass of journalism and educational institutions.
- Look after yourself. Look at your postures, gestures and movements. Are you making eye contact? Perhaps you are interrupting a client? Or seek to give advice and complain about life. Don't lie to yourself and things will change.
- Stay active. It is much better not to be idle, but to do something. Of course, any undertaking can be unsuccessful. But life does not happen without mistakes, from them we gain experience. A person cannot become stronger without correcting mistakes and solving problems. So don't worry and start somewhere. Let it be sports, business, creative hobbies, traveling, raising a child, learning languages ... It is important to make your life meaningful and paint it in new colors.
- Take the front rows. Many people prefer to take seats away from the speaker (for example, in a lecture or meeting, at a product launch). The reason is instinctive fear and unwillingness to be seen. If you want to figure out how to develop self-confidence, it is important to eradicate this habit. Choose seats closer - in the first, maximum second row.
- Learn to communicate. Show your own initiative in creating communications and making acquaintances. This liberates the personality and strengthens the firmness of the spirit. In addition, by expanding your circle of contacts, you increase your opportunities.
- Perform in public. Do not be like those who avoid public communications, speeches or reports. Try to speak at public events, ask questions, and each time your self-esteem will increase.
- Don't look up to others. Don't be a Samoyed. Why would you compare yourself to other, more successful people? Compare only your past and present.
- Do not skimp on praise. What a pity that we hear compliments and courtesies very rarely, even when they are deserved. This reduces the positive assessment of one's own actions and confidence in solving problems. Speak words of praise to those around you more often, which will return to you a hundredfold.
- Engage in spiritual practice . It will relieve you of shyness and misplaced fears, help you feel yourself and your place in this life. This science will allow you to find harmony and serenity, improve character traits.
How to develop self-confidence in a woman
Many pretty kind girls who have achieved some success in business are lonely and unhappy in their personal lives. What's the secret? And low self-esteem is to blame. Such women look for flaws in themselves and have little faith in a happy marriage. The reason may be your own failures on a personal level and the fear of further disappointments, which is confirmed by psychology.
How to develop self-confidence and self-esteem? Here are some tips for our women.
1. To increase inner comfort and motivation for success, answer the questions in the form of lists:
- What are you doing well?
- What kind of praise have you heard from early childhood to this day?
- How did you help others?
- What accomplishments in life make you proud?
First of all, list your successes and personal qualities. Each woman has her own character traits, and suspicious natures are always prone to comparison. Find your own strengths to see your uniqueness, which deserves respect. Then you will understand that you deserve to be happy.
2. To become self-confident, act like this:
- Accept the idea that each person is the creator of his own destiny. He can turn it in the right direction if he changes his point of view on all problems, then it will be easier for him to find the best ways to solve problems.
- Don't be afraid to experiment. Look for new hobbies and ways of self-realization, find something that gives pleasure and joy.
- Make plans. Write down your main goals and desires for the short term and the long term (up to five years), as well as a list of actions to complete the identified tasks.
- Practice perseverance, which will show you how to develop self-confidence. Do not be afraid of the first failures. Thanks to them, we strengthen our will and draw strength of mind for further movement forward.
- Get used to your role. After all, in every woman lives an actress who is able to imitate the desired ideal. Be positive and benevolent person, charismatic and charming, persistent in making decisions.
- Learn from the experiences of celebrities or successful individuals. Read descriptions of their lives, learn the secrets of achieving goals. Find a role model among your acquaintances and ask how to develop confidence from his position. Lucky people are happy to help their friends.
Top 5 articles that will increase your sales
- Modern sales techniques: 16 options for all occasions
- KPI sales manager: types and methods of calculation
- Plan for the sales manager: a step-by-step algorithm for compiling and achieving
- Sales development plan: how to write and implement
- B2C sales: how to sell correctly
From observations of confident women, psychologists noted their important features:
- The presence of one's own goals, natural behavior, the desire to discover one's talents and originality, the ability to turn flaws into advantages . Not having graceful forms, they emphasize femininity with clothes and manner of speaking. The main thing here is to understand that there are no ideals, and to put an end to complexes forever.
- Peace of mind and motivation for success . Meditation, breathing practices and visualization help to tune in to achieve the goal. Thanks to this, confident women maintain inner restraint in order to reach unprecedented heights.
- Readiness for loneliness . Strong women know that sometimes there comes a time in their lives for self-discovery, personal growth, and health promotion. In this case, do not lose heart due to the lack of a partner. And if the relationship with a man is preserved, devote some time to yourself. You need to make plans, outline tasks, be able to escape from worries, relax, take up your hobby. Don't focus on men, it bothers them. They always gravitated towards those persons who have a personal interest.
- Normal reaction to criticism . Confident women do not argue, do not prove otherwise, but draw conclusions if the remark is justified. Moreover, they usually ignore thoughtless injections. How to develop self-confidence to this height? A clear inner position, iron logic and powerful self-esteem are unshakable. And all empty critics are either fools or petty envious people. Look deeper to understand the reason for the unpleasant words. Do they have a desire to help? After all, everyone has the right to say what he thinks. This is normal.
- Strong women know how to formulate questions . “How to find harmony, where do I look for a source of positive, what are the advantages of my personality?”. Focus on the positive aspects of life, try to increase your intelligence and level of culture, change, improving your life, strive for new goals.
So, a woman can easily raise her self-esteem and strengthen her spirit, using simple exercises and the experience of established people, in order to then behave in a new way in practice.
10 tips for building confidence in a man
- Try to fulfill your dreams by working in one of the industries. For example, in sports. Today in social networks there are many publics where men post their photos BEFORE cardinal changes and AFTER. Usually this is done in sports groups. Set a goal for yourself - to achieve a specific result, set deadlines and go to the gym. Then work hard towards the end. If physical activity is harmful to you, switch to a career or hobby. Even small steps forward and gaining new knowledge will improve your self-esteem.
- Avoid comparisons with more successful people. Of course, there are always those who are better and luckier than you. However, there are those who are worse. So you can compare endlessly. There are wise words of Sigmund Freud that are still relevant today: “The only person you should compare yourself with is you in the past.” It is important for you to constantly progress and improve. This will be the indicator of success.
- Don't blame yourself for anything. To learn how to develop courage and self-confidence, remember simple things. You can not raise self-esteem by condemning and criticizing your own actions. The topic can be anything - career, appearance, intimate relationships. Never humiliate yourself in front of others!
- Take compliments easily. You should learn to agree with praise. Many insecure people are deprived of this gift. If you respond to approving reviews: “I didn’t do anything special,” then your achievement immediately drops in value. Don't underestimate your strengths by declining a compliment. Thus, you show that you are unworthy of signs of respect, and this belief is fixed in the subconscious.
- Don't forget to read books, watch educational videos, listen to audio trainings, the purpose of which is – improving self-esteem . All information on this topic will benefit you. It will be deposited in the mind and will help in difficult cases.
- Do not associate with negative people who are unpleasant to you. Choose those who radiate positive emotions, are successful and always ready to help. If others suppress you as a person, you lose credibility. In such a company, it will be very difficult for you to develop self-confidence.
- Write down your achievements, that is, all the important moments of your life. Make a clear list of your most significant moments (getting your license, wallpapering for the first time, learning how to hang a chandelier, building muscle, redecorating, etc.). Read these posts from time to time and add new ones. At the same time, close your eyelids every time and feel pride in your successes.
- Consider your strengths and winning traits. Take them on a pencil and make a list: honesty, nobility, diligence, etc. Find the maximum number of such advantages and concentrate on them without thinking about the disadvantages.
- Make time for hobbies and activities that give you positive energy. It is difficult to respect one's person, disappearing at a boring job or toiling from idleness. Doing interesting things, you will raise your self-esteem and feel a sense of satisfaction with life.
- Live your life and decide how you want. Leave prejudice, do not dance to someone else's tune, do not ask the opinions of others. Acting at the behest and desire of others, you will not become a free, strong personality.
Mikhail Dashkiev about Sergey Azimov
Top 5 books to help develop confidence
- “Gift of the sea. How to come back to yourself and live simply, Ann Lindberg
The book will help those who are looking for inner harmony, moderation in everyday worries and the eternal chaos of events.
This bestseller is written by renowned author, successful aviator and mother of many children E-M. Lindbergh, who once, having visited the sea, discovered a new personality in herself. She talks about love, family relationships and commitment, about preserving values, about how to develop self-confidence and find a way to self-knowledge.
"16 psychological triggers and 20+ tips for using them"Read more
This book will show you how to let go of the weight that is weighing you down and causing self-doubt, and how to discover what is valuable in your life. The author presents his "Gift of the Sea" in the spirit of merging with nature. You will be mentally transported to a coastal house, hear the sound of the waves and the breath of the sea breeze.
- “Why are we wrong. Thinking Traps in Action, J. Hallinan
Do you often make mistakes and step on the same rake? Do you feel like you're always unlucky? Read this book and put all your complexes on the shelves in order to confidently move forward and gain high self-esteem.
Psychologists have proved to us that all people can make mistakes. However, not everyone can admit their mistake and correct the situation. This is the difference between successful individuals and weaklings. In his book, the author talks about what imperfections our mind hides if we think according to patterns, and how to act differently in order to get into trouble less often.
Joseph Hallinan analyzes mistakes by giving examples from different life situations. So it is easier for the reader to understand his inner world in order to cast aside all doubts, believe in himself, and, if necessary, act consciously and clearly.
- “To the limit. A week without self-pity, Eric Larsen
A unique book, the author of which offers, without a long life-thinking, to immediately take action and gain faith in yourself in seven days.
What does hell week mean? The special forces troops practice the course of a young fighter - a period of intensive training. After going through all this and making sure of the effectiveness of the system, Eric Larsen developed a civilian version for those who want to raise self-esteem and move forward.
He tells how to develop confidence in 7 days with the help of a calculated intensive available to anyone. The program provides for a clear regimen and intake of healthy food, physical activity, the rejection of distracting activities, good rest, deep meditation and a feeling of a surge of new strength.
The author guarantees that in the final you will discover your real abilities, get a boost of energy and positive, increase your productivity and strengthen your morale.
- The Ultimate Secrets to Absolute Self-Confidence, Anthony Robert
If you doubt the presence of iron willpower, then this book is for you.
After all, what is a strong-willed person? This is a person who draws conclusions from his own experience, makes independent decisions and implements them to the best of his ability.
However, Professor Anthony believes that exemplary thinking is not enough to accomplish the intended tasks. He gives a full course of advice on what to do for success and how to develop self-confidence. You will learn to evaluate the environment and the circumstances, you will understand that this is the source of self-development and improvement of your life.
- "The most complete course in self-love", psychologist Louise Hay
Surely you know that the right habits can be developed in three weeks. The author of this book offers his own method of increasing self-esteem and determination to take action. You will need discipline, no more than three hours of free time every day and a set of exercises.
The psychologist claims that all this will save you from unnecessary fears (including self-doubt), accumulated resentment and negative emotions. You will be able to discover new opportunities and great potential for future growth.
How to develop self-confidence is, of course, a difficult question. But the final "bonus" is impressive - success and popularity, the ability to achieve the main goals. Today we touched on an important topic. And if this becomes an incentive for further development, which will grow like a snowball, you have a chance for a very quick positive result. The main thing is to start, and then move on without stopping.
tips and exercises to develop confidence
Confidence means an objective assessment of one's knowledge and skills. Without it, it is difficult to achieve your goals. Three components of self-confidence:
- Feeling. Feeling of harmony and tranquility - "I know everything, I can do everything."
- Behavior. Demonstration of their knowledge and skills without words, facial expressions, gestures, appearance. For a teenager to feel confident, you need to behave accordingly.
- Decisiveness. Courage in making decisions and following a given course.
To believe in yourself and become confident, you need to work on each of these components.
Feeling of confidence
Not to be confused with self-confidence! Imagine two friends. One is well versed in poetry, but never recites poetry, and the other considers himself a guru of mathematics, but attempts to "show off knowledge" rarely turn out to be successful. In the second case, there are self-confidence , since there is no objective assessment of abilities.
You can feel confident only if you are convinced of your knowledge and skills. Are you really good at what you have to do? Not? Fix it! So, many graduates of Foxford's home online school say that they felt confident in the exam, as they were well prepared.
When there is a strong base:
- Tune in for success . Don't even think about failure. Imagine the applause after the defense of the project, the praise of the parents for the "five" and other amenities that await you when you cope with the task. This will help you gain a sense of self-confidence.
- Don't give up. If things didn't go as you expected, or you still failed, this is no reason to despair. Mistakes add up to experience, and experience is a coin in the piggy bank of self-confidence.
Keep a “Success Diary”, write down any achievements, even small ones. For example: I did my homework 100%, I was the first to answer the teacher's question in the chat, and so on.
Take notes regularly. Firstly, it will demonstrate that you have something to be proud of almost every day, which already gives confidence. And secondly, at the moment when fears and doubts envelop you, you can open your diary, cheer up and feel self-confidence.
When meeting a person, 90% of the impression about him is formed in the first 60 seconds. For a minute, he may not even utter a word, but the opinion about the interlocutor will already be formed.
The bad news is that the way you talk, gesture and dress really matters. The good news is that you can communicate self-confidence to others through non-verbal channels.
Tips for feeling confident:
- Exercise . Without exception, all successful people take care of themselves. If you eat fast food, sleep little, and lead a predominantly sedentary lifestyle, it becomes harder to show the world the best version of yourself. You don't have to train like professional athletes. Daily morning exercises and evening walks are already enough to be in good shape and feel self-confident.
- Watch your clothes and hair. No matter what style you follow, your appearance should always be neat. No more holey socks, dirty shoes, tousled hair and bad breath!
- Use every opportunity to practice oral communication: calls instead of messages, stories instead of posts, reading contests, regular phone calls with a mentor, and more.
Is there a model for you of a confident person who, in your mind, is never nervous or afraid of anything? Margaret Thatcher? Ivan Urgant? Perhaps your grandfather?Source: twitter.com / @Urgant_Show
Find a video of this person's speech and play it without sound. Scroll through the video several times. Pay attention to the posture of this person, his facial expressions, how he holds his hands, in what position he sits. Try to try these habits on yourself. If these confident gestures become a habit, you will automatically become more confident.
The last component of self-confidence is actions:
- Get rid of perfectionism. Perfectionism is the desire to do everything perfectly, because of which people often give in to new challenges. We always expect more from ourselves than others from us. Do not chase the ideal, just do it!
- Learn to control your emotions. When it is difficult to decide on any act, analyze your feelings. To do this, continue the phrase: "I feel ... because ...". This is a trick from Foxford's Emotional Intelligence course. By speaking your emotions, you take them under control, it will be easier to take action when you feel more confident.
Participate in a competition within the next month. The competitive process is a great opportunity to gain confidence. It can be a school competition, a sports competition or a creative competition.
How to help a child become self-confident
Study loads, psychological difficulties of growing up and transitional age can negatively affect self-esteem, so parents often worry about how a teenager can become self-confident, how they can help him with that.
Here are some tips that will help you:
- Show your child your love as often as possible, let him know that at home he has a reliable rear, where he is loved and accepted as he is.