Self validation quotes
130+ Validation Quotes For When You Need Some Reassurance
To feel confident about our decisions, we are often in constant obligation to please everyone.
When this doesn't happen, we feel dejected. Seeking confirmation from others is called validation.
But did you know that you can also find validation from within? Here are some inspirational quotes that will rejuvenate your self-confidence and validate your self worth. We hope these validation quotes take away some of your worries, for more check out these you matter quotes and self worth quotes too.
Good Self Validation Quotes
Before you try to please the world, you should love yourself. These meaningful validation quotes assert the importance of self validation.
1."The only approval you need in life, is that of your positive inner-self."
- Edmond Mbiaka.
2."If self-validation were our most significant societal measure - we would give trophies to ourselves."
- Mary Anne Radmacher.
3."Before you look for validation in others, try and find it in yourself."
- Greg Behrendt.
4."Release old concepts and energies that keep you in self-punishment patterns. Release old stories and create from a place of love and self-validation."
- Gautama Buddha.
5."The most splendid achievement of all is the constant striving to surpass yourself and to be worthy of your own approval."
- Denis Waitley.
6."Be faithful to that which exists within yourself."
- André Gide.
7."If you’re conscientiously seeking approval, you’re not being true to yourself."
- Tomas Kalnoky.
8."What do you mean I have to wait for someone's approval? I'm someone. I approve. So I give myself permission to move forward with my full support!"
- Richelle E. Goodrich.
9."Belief in yourself is more important than endless worries of what others think of you. Value yourself and others will value you. Validation is best that comes from within. "
- Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o, 'Dreams In A Time Of War.'
10."The only permission, the only validation, and the only opinion that matters in our quest for greatness is our own."
- Dr. Steve Maraboli.
11."You have to validate yourself first, and then you will receive the much-deserved healing validation from the rest of the world."
- A.D. Posey.
12."Master the art of self-love and you will never have to seek validation ever again."
- Anjum Choudhary, 'Souled Out.'
13."Look inside, without anyone else's validation understand that you are valuable, talented, unique, and worthy."
- Joe Sacco.
14."A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."
- Mark Twain.
15."Because one believes in oneself, one doesn't try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn't need others' approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her."
The Best Validation Quotes
Here are some wonderful validation quotes that explain the effects of looking for validation. Are you inspired by any of these quotes about validation?
16."An amazing thing happens when you stop seeking approval and validation: You find it."
- Mandy Hale, 'The Single Woman.'
17."When we consistently suppress and distrust our intuitive knowingness, looking instead for authority, validation, and approval from others, we give our personal power away."
- Shakti Gawain.
18."You're giving your personal power away every time you seek validation from someone else for who you are."
- T. J. MacGregor.
19."It's a tragic that we recognized our self worth from external validation."
- Aditya Ajmera.
20."My existence is not about how desirable you find me."
- Warsan Shire.
21."What makes people weak? Their need for validation and recognition, their need to feel important. Don't get caught in this trap."
- Paulo Coelho.
22."Why do we want and need the validation of those who celebrate our exclusion?"
- Carlos Wallace, 'Life Is Not Complicated - You Are. '
23."As Buddha points out, you should not rely on the opinions of others for validation of your internal progression."
- Frederick Lenz.
24."Stop looking outside for scraps of pleasure or fulfillment, for validation, security, or love - you have a treasure within that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer."
- Eckhart Tolle.
25."The more validation I need, the less discernment I have."
- Kurt Hanks.
26."Don't wait on approval, validation and likes from others - always give yourself the highest of approval ratings and work from there. Hold your head up and be fabulous no matter what!"
- Jody Watley.
27."Freedom on the inside comes when validation from the outside doesn’t matter."
- Richie Norton.
Validation Quotes On Seeking Approval
The list of validation quotes tells you how you damage your self-worth by continually seeking approval from others. Which of these validation quotes inspires you the most?
28. "Life is too short to waste time waiting for other people's approval on how you live it."
- Steve Maraboli, 'Unapologetically You.'
29."You will never gain anyone's approval by begging for it. When you stand confident in your own worth, respect follows."
- Mandy Hale, 'The Single Woman.'
30."Do not trust to the cheering, for those very persons would shout as much if you and I were going to be hanged.”
- Oliver Cromwell, 'The New Speaker’s Treasury Of Wit And Wisdom.'
31."People who want the most approval get the least and people who need approval the least get the most."
- Wayne Dyer.
32."Don’t wait for approval; don’t forget to appreciate the beauties of your life."
- Debasish Mridha.
33."When you do not seek or need approval, you are at your most powerful."
- Caroline Myss.
34."So long as you are still worried about what others think of you, you are owned by them. Only when you require no approval from outside yourself can you own yourself. "
- Oprah Winfrey.
35."Do not look for approval, except for the consciousness of doing your best."
- Andrew Carnegie.
36."Needing approval is like saying – your view of me is more important than my own opinion of myself."
- Wayne Dyer.
37."Never trade your uniqueness for approval."
- Joy Marino.
38."Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?"
- Brigham Young.
39."I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence."
- Frederick Douglass.
40."Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss.
41."When you stop living your life based on what others think of you real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened."
- Shannon L. Alder.
42. "One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself."
- Shannon L. Alder.
43."If you’re being true to yourself and it isn’t enough for the people around you, change the people around you."
44."Until we accept and approve of ourselves, no amount of approval from others will keep us permanently secure."
- Joyce Meyer.
45."A creative life cannot be sustained by approval any more than it can be destroyed by criticism."
- Will Self.
46."When you lose need and take away the demand for validation you remain free of approval from the outside world."
- Tammy Wooster.
47."Do right, and public approval will follow; either the next hour or the next century."
- J. C. Lettsom, 'Day’s Collection.'
48."I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses."
- Johannes Kepler.
49."Once we give up searching for approval, we often find it easier to earn respect. "
- Gloria Steinem.
50."There is nothing more shocking than to see assertion and approval dashing ahead of cognition and perception."
- Marcus Tullius Cicero.
51."If you're conscientiously seeking approval, you're not being true to yourself."
- Tomas Kalnoky.
52."You have to accept the fact that some people are never going to be for you. Treat them with respect, but you don't need their approval to fulfill your destiny."
- Joel Osteen.
53."Eventually, you just have to realize that you're living for an audience of one. I'm not here for anyone else's approval."
- Pamela Anderson.
54."The conformist is filled with the need for approval. He can never get enough. He runs from one person to another seeking compliments and endorsements for his behavior and actions."
- Robert Anthony.
55."If you are going to do something truly innovative, you have to be someone who does not value social approval."
- Malcolm Gladwell.
56. "You are good enough You don't need anyone's affection or approval in order to be good enough."
- Daniell Koepke.
57."Never explain yourself to anyone. You don’t need anyone’s approval. Live your life and do what makes you happy."
58."If we're in constant need for approval from other people, it could be a sign that the approval we receive internally simply isn't enough."
- Erica Florentine.
59."Finding oneself while seeking approval of others means the murder of self."
More Quotes On Validation
Do we always require validation from others? These validation quotes provide different views on validation.
60."The logic of validation allows us to move between the two limits of dogmatism and skepticism."
- Paul Ricoeur.
61."God’s approval should be your standard for success."
- Jim George.
62. "Pursuing a dream without God’s approval is as dangerous as walking on a rope bridge over a big gutter? Guess the end!"
- Israelmore Ayivor, 'Shaping The dream. '
63."A motto of the human race: Let me do as I like, and give me approval as well."
- Idries Shah, 'Reflections.'
64."No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
– Eleanor Roosevelt.
65."We have to recognise that the validation of identity comes through relationships we have and what we produce."
- Eva Cox.
66."If you are any kind of an artist, then validation... can be a result, but you're going to do the work anyway."
- David Sedaris.
67."Note that acceptance is different from approval. Acceptance is simply saying, 'It is so."
- Margie Warrell, 'Find Your Courage!'
68."Knowledge is organized data. For it to be shelved as human knowledge it's got to be predictable, repeatable, all the basics of scientific validation have to be there."
- Greg Graffin.
69."Nothing is as empowering as real-world validation, even if it's for failure."
- Steven Pressfield, 'The War Of Art: Break Through The Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles. '
70."If you get validation from outside, then suddenly everything you do at home is justified."
- Anurag Kashyap.
71."Family is the place where acceptance and validation are most needed, but often the hardest to find."
- Bill Crawford.
72."You don’t learn through sales calls, it’s not customer validation."
- Jason Cohen.
73."A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation."
- Ryne Sandberg.
74."For mankind knows hardly a joy which will surpass that of approval of his work."
- Ernest Vincent Wright, 'Gadsby.'
75."I think in a crisis one looks to one's culture, partially to give validation to why one would want that culture to survive."
- Art Spiegelman.
76."Many people think of perfectionism as striving to be your best, but it is not about self-improvement; it's about earning approval and acceptance."
- Brene Brown.
77."How much does it cost,
To win your approval?
Will it be money well spent?"
- Clara Marie Mitchell, ‘Friendship’, 'Poems Of Reflection. '
78."At the core of love is validation. It is what gives love power."
- Richelle E. Goodrich, 'Slaying Dragons.'
79."All bad behavior is really a request for love, attention, or validation."
- Kimberly Giles, 'Choosing Clarity.'
80."How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!"
- Jane Austen, 'Persuasion.'
81."An artist doesn't necessarily have to get acclaim from the outside. Maybe it is much better if he can get validation from within."
- Aaron Rose.
82."That you will feel the validation of your external beauty but also get to the deeper business of being beautiful inside. There is no shade in that beauty."
- Lupita Nyong'o.
83."I think that the majority of messages are validating messages to confirm the survival of conscious. And many times that validation message is negative or sad."
- John Edward.
84."When we are looking for affection, for love, a little bit of that will be enough to be complete. "
- Alejandro Gonzalez.
85."You're learning to be nourished by the love you give, not by the validation offered in response to your giving."
- Matthew Kahn.
86."To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections."
- Sandra Bierig.
87."Growth begins when we start to accept our own weakness."
- Jean Vanier.
88."Some seek fame cause they need validation, Some say hating is confused admiration."
89."Hey-ho, it's raining inside; it isn't my fault and there's nothing I can do about it, but sit it out. But the sun may well come out tomorrow, and when it does I shall take full advantage."
- Stephen Fry.
90."Trauma is personal. It does not disappear if it is not validated."
- Danielle Bernock.
91."To be in 'Vogue' has to mean something. It's an endorsement. It's a validation."
- Anna Wintour.
92."For me, that's one of the best validations as an artist. To have a stranger come up to you and say that something you've created and put out there in the world has had some sort of impact on other people's lives. "
- Sarah McLachlan.
93."If you want to find the real competition, just look in the mirror. After a while you’ll see your rivals scrambling for second place."
- Criss Jami.
94."The loudest critic is internal."
- James Clear.
95."Validation comes to us in two ways: through trials we overcome, and through the words of older men."
- John Eldredge.
96."At the core of your heart, you are perfect and pure. No one and nothing can alter that."
- Amit Ray.
97."If you live for people's acceptance, you'll die from their rejection."
- Lecrae Moore.
98."When you wake up every day, you have two choices. You can either be positive or negative; an optimist or a pessimist. I choose to be an optimist. It's all a matter of perspective."
- Harvey Mackay.
99."Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."
100."Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world."
- Lucille Ball.
101."Man's desire for the approval of his fellows is so strong, his dread of their censure so violent, that he himself has brought his enemy (conscience) within his gates; and it keeps watch over him, vigilant always in the interests of its master to crush any half-formed desire to break away from the herd."
- William Somerset Maugham, 'The Moon And Sixpence.'
102."No matter what you do, people are always going to have something negative to say about it."
- Tana Mongeau.
103."I used to hate feeling embarrassed, but then I realized nobody’s watching and nobody gives a damn."
- Barbara Corcoran.
104."The world will never value you more than you value yourself."
- Bill Masur.
105."I don't want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did."
- Henry James.
106."When you're appeasing too much, you might be egotistically over-estimating everyone's need for your approval. "
- Criss Jami, Killosophy.
107."When you see validation for a life's work and dedication, it's a beautiful day."
- Mary Gauthier.
108."I don't need validation, recognition or praise. What I need are facts and the facts are that one of my books gets sold, somewhere in the world, every second."
- Lee Child.
109."Never give anyone an approval to upset or belittle you. It is crucial to be self-conscious at all times, because with so much going on, you cannot afford to have others in charge of your own life."
- Gift Gugu Mona."
110."Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you."
- Rob Liano.
111."You have real success when you don’t try to impress."
- Maxime Lagacé.
Some people share things on social media to seek approval. The following validation quotes speak about this.
112."When you feel the need to post everything you do on Social Media for validation, you're simply showing the world your insecurities and emptiness. "
113."The hardest part of living without social media was remembering that my little life was enough, so I could just stay there and live it without asking for anyone else's permission or validation."
- Glennon Doyle.
114."We derive so much of our self-confidence and validation from Instagram. Just imagine one day Instagram gets deleted like all of your friends who you think you have on social media, all these likes and comments just disappear, what are we left with?"
- Ananya Panday.
115."Did social media kill the 'Social' and left the 'Animal' to graze on validation or starve lonely?"
- Aditya Khanolkar.
116."As a twelve-year-old girl, I thought that I was only pretty if the people on social media told me that I was pretty - and they weren't telling me I was pretty. So I didn't think I was pretty, and I was really down on myself, and I really was sad with myself. But social media doesn't give you validation or make you pretty. You make you pretty."
- Noah Cyrus.
117."Social media has created a digital latticework, but it has also, for some, created abusive commenters, silos, and validation rather than curiosity."
- Mary Pilon.
118."Someone favoriting a tweet is really all the validation I need."
119."I really feel like social media - it's like all these tiny stages that you put yourself on. And you come to rely on these likes and favorites, and it's this applause and this validation that you start to need."
- Carrie Brownstein.
120."Now is a time where there are so many social networks, such need for validation... you don't have to be a star or a politician to want to have likes or dislikes. Now there is a disease of popularity in the whole society."
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.
121."I don't live my life seeking validation from people on social media."
- Ricki-Lee Coulter.
Validation Quotes About Women
These quotes exclusively speak about the need for validation among women. These validation quotes are empowering to read if you feel down.
122."The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet."
- Mohadesa Najumi.
123."Women have to learn where their true source of validation is."
- Maureen Murdock.
124."The day women begin to feel good about themselves, they will truly feel empowered, and only they can do that for themselves. It will happen the day we stop seeking validation."
- Sobhita Dhulipala.
125."Women are blessed with lots and lots of extra ways to win or lose validation."
- Faith Salie.
126."By learning to listen to a woman's feelings, a man can effectively shower a woman with caring, understanding, respect, devotion, validation, and reassurance."
- John Gray.
127."Make sure your decision to have a child is based on the need to share your life completely with another little human being and not because of some personal need for validation as a woman. "
- Iman Abdulmajid.
128."A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence."
- Mandy Hale.
129."The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it."
- Roseanne Barr.
130."Ready for a harsh truth? Women don’t need your validation. We already have our own."
- Amanda Lovelace, 'The Witch Doesn't Burn In This One.'
131."Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't."
- Margaret Thatcher.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 130+ validation quotes for when you need some reassurance, then why not take a look at these reassurance quotes, or you are worth it quotes for more inspirational quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
100 Validation Quotes About Not Seeking Approval (2022)
One of the most exhausting things to do in life is to constantly seek the approval of others.
In the comments below, share which of these inspirational quotes you find the most helpful.
Seeking approval for the things that we do is something that is hardwired into our minds even from an early age.
Oftentimes, the approval we are seeking is from loved ones and respected adults, like our school teachers.
A kind word of encouragement, or a sign of disapproval, can have a profound impact on us at this time.
We’ve gathered for you some thought-provoking approval quotes so that you can look at the deeper meaning of this action.
In healthy and well-developed individuals, they have come to realize that ultimately what matters is that they approve of their choices.
Most of us have work to be done to get to that point and to stop seeking the approval of others.
Towards that goal, here are some wise approval quotes, and what it means to seek validation.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.Motivational Approval Quotes
1. “A motto of the human race: Let me do as I like, and give me approval as well.”- IDRIES SHAH, Reflections
2. “What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.”- CONFUCIUS, Wisdom of Confucius
3. “Approval is a lover who will always break your heart.”- SAMMY RHODES, This Is Awkward
4. “Life is too short to waste time waiting for other people’s approval on how you live it.”
― STEVE MARABOLI
5. “Note that acceptance is different from approval. Acceptance is simply saying, “It is so.” ― MARGIE WARRELL
6. “Do right, and public approval will follow; either the next hour or the next century.”- J. C. LETTSOM, attributed, Day’s Collection
7. “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.” – SUZY KASSEM
8. “He who seeks only for applause from without has all his happiness in another’s keeping.”- OLIVER GOLDSMITH, The Good-Natured Man
9. “The named it Ovation from the Latin ovis, a sheep.”- PLUTARCH, attributed, The Concise Columbia Dictionary of Quotations
10. “Self-approval is acquired mainly from the approval of other people.” – MARK TWAIN, Corn-Pone OpinionsApproval Quotes that will change your mind
11. “I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.”- JOHANNES KEPLER, attributed, The Radical Humanist, 1969
12. “The people who receive the most approval in life are the ones who care the least about it–so technically, if you want the approval of others, you need to stop caring about it. ”- WAYNE W. DYER, Your Ultimate Calling
13. “Do not trust to the cheering, for those very persons would shout as much if you and I were going to be hanged.”- OLIVER CROMWELL, attributed, The New Speaker’s Treasury of Wit and Wisdom
14. “The conformist is filled with the need for approval. He can never get enough. He runs from one person to another seeking compliments and endorsements for his behavior and actions. As a child, he turned to parents and teachers; when he started to work, to his boss and fellow workers; in marriage, he turned to his mate. He must always have someone around to pat him on the head and tell him he is doing a good job. This bolsters up his poor self-esteem.”- ROBERT ANTHONY, The Ultimate Secrets of Total Self-Confidence
15. “We’re high on the adrenaline of feeling, even though we know it’s fleeting and evanescence. And we’re getting worse — checking texts and emails and Facebook every five minutes, always searching for that next hit of feeling, that next morsel of approval. ”- DEBORAH MEYLER, The Bookstore
16. “Don’t seek approval. This may be the toughest suggestion for you to follow — and the most important. Whether you’re a teenager seeking approval from your peers, a middle-aged parent seeking the approval of your kids, or a man or woman seeking the approval of a partner, it all amounts to the same thing. You’re giving your personal power away every time you seek validation from someone else for who you are.” – TRISH MACGREGOR, Soulmate Astrology
17. “Not all approval is good news and not all disapproval is bad news. Imagine that you meet somebody and you think that he likes you. You wonder why. Then it dawns on you that he is a taker and that he probably likes you because he sees that he can take advantage of you. You realize that he approves of you for a rather unflattering reason. When you think through the meaning of this approval, it feels more like a criticism than a compliment.
18. Well, what if we turn this scenario around: you meet somebody and you think he doesn’t like you. You wonder why. Then it dawns on you: this person is threatened by your intelligence. You realize that his dislike of you is actually an indirect compliment. This disapproval confirms to you something that you do value about yourself.
19. My point? Evaluating yourself solely on the basis of others’ approval or disapproval can be misleading. The mere fact of others’ approval or disapproval of you is meaningless unless you understand and agree with the reasons behind others’ evaluations of you.”- PAVEL SOMOV, Present Perfect
20. “Once we realize that the wish for love and approval is a universal motivator, we can begin to dance with the flow of love by helping others to meet that need through their connections with us. And as we help others to meet those needs by being with us, the positive flow of giving Love comes back to us.”- PERRY WOOD, Secrets of the People WhispererApproval Quotes to inspire and teach
21. “Acceptance is approval, a word with a bad name in some psychologies. Yet it is perfectly normal to seek approval in childhood and throughout life. We require approval from those we respect. The kinship it creates lifts us to their level, a process referred to in self-psychology as transmuting internalization.
Approval is a necessary component of self-esteem. It becomes a problem only when we give up our true self to find it. Then approval-seeking works against us.”- DAVID RICHO, How to Be an Adult in Relationships: The Five Keys to Mindful Loving
“Seeking approval of others is typically a good indication that we’ve been shortchanging our potential for greatness.”
22 “Why, as women, are we constantly seeking approval of others for everything we say and do?”
23. “Seeking approval of others is not living.”
24. “Some of y’all only act and aspire to do things because you’re seeking approval of others. That’s what makes you and I different.”
25. “Seeking approval of others and listening to the opinions that don’t resonate with you is detrimental to your happiness.”
26. “The older you get, the more you realize that seeking approval of others is a total waste of time. Being at peace with God is the key!”
27. “Seeking approval of others is away to avoid how deeply we disapprove of ourselves.”
28. “Courage requires that you follow your heart, do what is right and not be distracted by seeking approval of others.”
29. “Funny how my world improved immediately when I stopped seeking approval of others and began approving of myself.
30. “Fill all the emptiness in your day with God instead of seeking approval of others. Then receiving love from others becomes the overflow.
31. “Stop bartering away your body, heart, energy and time, seeking approval of others.
Approval Quotes to elevate your mind
“Seeking approval of others…Have you no mind of your own?!”
“How much does it cost,
To win your approval?
Will it be money well spent?”
– CLARA MARIE MITCHELL, ‘Friendship’, Poems of Reflection: Faith, Life, and Travel
32. “When you are your own best friend, you don’t endlessly seek out relationships, friendships, and validation from the wrong sources because you realize that the only approval and validation you need is your own.”- MANDY HALE, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
33. “Once you get rid of the idea that you must please other people before you please yourself, and you begin to follow your own instincts — only then can you be successful. You become more satisfied, and when you are, other people tend to be satisfied by what you do.”- RAQUEL WELCH, attributed, Wisdom for the Soul: Five Millennia of Prescriptions for Spiritual Healing
34. “We are forever looking outside ourselves, seeking approval and striving to impress others. But living to please others is a poor substitute for self-love, for no matter how family and friends may adore us, they can never satisfy our visceral need to love and honor ourselves.”- SUSAN L. TAYLOR, Lessons in Living
35. “Somewhere in the middle of being driven by “what other people think”, the tension between the desire for approval and the fear of disapproval, are we missing what we really want?”- RACHNA SINGH, Love Yourself First, Deccan Herald, February 21, 2016
36. “He’s not a ‘pat on the back’ type of guy and I am driven by the need for approval. He’s a stingy dealer, and I’m a needy addict.”- KERRI K. MORRIS, ‘Resolution Chronicles: the best of 2015’, Chicago Now, January 1, 2016
37. “The truth is, many of us are looking for the approval of those closest to us on some level or another. And often this is disguised by the desire to have someone understand what we are talking about or going through, anything important to us about ourselves. I always thought I just wanted them to ‘get it.’ In reality, I wanted them to get it so that they would be okay with me.”- JADE MAZARIN, ‘Seeking to be Understood: The Need for Approval’, Psych Central, December 19, 2011
38. “The fallacy of approval is irrational because it implies that others will respect and like you more if you go out of your way to please them. Often this simply isn’t true. Would you respect people who have compromised important values just to gain acceptance? Are you likely to think highly of people who repeatedly deny their own needs as a means of buying approval?”- RONALD B. ADLER and RUSSELL F. PROCTOR II, Looking Out, Looking In
39. “Excessive need for approval is typically the result of an overly negative self-image.”- CAROLYN GREGOIRE, ‘This Is The Only Personality Type That Enjoys Being With Narcissists’, Huffington Post, March 14, 2016
40. “Our need for social approval sticks more terribly and irreversibly to us than does a on a damaged Teflon-coated pan.”- RACHNA SINGH, ‘Love Yourself First’, Deccan Herald, February 21, 2016
41. “In terms of approval, the Internet is a seductive place. Part of this is because the Internet makes approval feel more tangible. No one in real life can like or star or retweet something you say. The best they can do is laugh a little harder, smile a little bigger.
Not so with the Internet. The approval you feel is instantly measured by how much a post is shared, liked, “favorited,” or reposted. The danger of posting something online for me lies in the way I track its reception like a new iPhone about to be delivered to my doorstep: obsessively and compulsively. I want to feel the rush of approval.”- SAMMY RHODES, This Is AwkwardInsightful Approval Quotes
42. “Most children were taught from a young age to seek approval from their parents for the things they said or did. Since the need for approval, love and acceptance from our parents is strong, we become conditioned over time to seek approval from others as well. Whenever we don’t receive approval from someone who is not our parent, there is an automatic trigger and desire to win it back. ”- LAUREN SUVAL, ‘What Drives Our Need For Approval?’, Psych Central, September 20, 2012
43. “Letting the need for approval determine your life has hugely stressful ramifications — look at the rate of celebrity-suicide. Did you know that there is a website called Kevo that tracks the approval rating of celebrities? Imagine the stress of perpetually living in fear that the ratings will go down!”- RACHNA SINGH, ‘Love Yourself First’, Deccan Herald, February 21, 2016
44. “Humans share an innate drive to connect with others. We’re evolutionarily wired to crave inclusion. Eons ago, this was linked with our survival; in prehistoric times, rejection triggered fear. If someone became isolated or was ousted from the group, his or her life would be at risk.
Because the consequences of being rejected were so extreme, our brains and behavior adapted to avoid disapproval from others. In fact, research has shown that social rejection activates many of the same brain regions involved in physical pain, which helps explains why disapproval stings. ”- MELODY WILDING, ‘4 Steps to Stop Seeking Approval from Others’, Psych Central, October 3, 2015
45. “The affects were subtle at first, a warm feeling when someone liked or shared a column I wrote or commented on a status. The support from friends near and far when we are dealing with a crisis is also a positive way I have experienced affirmation and approval on social media.
But gradually, I discovered this need for approval that I just didn’t ‘like’ about myself. I started to recognize a nudging inside me. It’s kind of like the way my dogs tap my hand, with their wet noses, when they want food or attention. This nudging was coming from a need for approval of my work and a validation of my opinions.”- EILEEN BENTHAL, ‘The Human Craving for Approval, Played Out In Social Media’, Riverhead Local, November 16, 2014
46. “Tacit approval is real approval; hypothetical approval is not.”- LEIF WENAR, Blood Oil: Tyrants, Violence, and the Rules that Run the World
47. “Trying to get other people’s approval is not going to boost up one’s self worth. One thing is that you will never get the approval from everyone. While you may get approval from some, others will be turned away. Most of the time trying too hard to get approval from others backfires.”- ED RUSSO, The Pleiadian Papers
48. “The fallacy of approval is based on the idea that it’s not just desirable but vital to get the approval of virtually every person. People who accept this idea seek approval from others, even when they have to sacrifice their own principles and happiness to do so.”- RONALD B. ADLER and RUSSELL F. PROCTOR II, Looking Out, Looking In
49. “Both money and approval are general means of exchange in social interaction, one in economic exchange and the other in social exchange.”- PETER A. BARONE, ‘Plausible Solutions to School Violence and Disturbance in America’, Critical Examinations of School Violence and Disturbance in K-12 Education
Insightful Approval Quotes
50. “If we’re in constant need for approval from other people, it could be a sign that the approval we receive internally simply isn’t enough.”- ERICA FLORENTINE, ‘8 Weird Signs of Low Self-Esteem & How To Change It’, Bustle, December 30, 2015
51. “You will never gain anyone’s approval by begging for it. When you stand confident in your own worth, respect follows.” – Mandy Hale
52. “Most fears of rejection rest on the desire for approval from other people. Don’t base your self-esteem on their opinions.” – Harvey Mackay
53. “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” – Vernon Howard
54. “You do not need any approval to believe in yourself.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
55. “Once we begin chasing approval, we never stop running. It’s servitude to a thousand masters instead of one to please. ” – David Jeremiah
56. “When will you love yourself: that other people’s approval no longer matters?”― Gillian Duce
57. “Do not look for approval except for the consciousness of doing your best.” – Andrew Carnegie
58. “Never trade your uniqueness for approval.”― Joy Marino
59. “Needing approval is like saying ‘your view of me is more important than my own opinion of myself’.” – Wayne Dyer
60. “I do not write for your approval and appreciation. I only write for the food of your wisdom, knowledge, and insight.”― Ehsan Sehgal
Don’t forget to also check out these inspirational know your worth quotes.
More validation and approval quotes and sayings
61. “Never forget to value yourself; never seek validation outside of yourself.” – Debasish Mridha
62. “Accomplishments don’t erase shame, hatred, cruelty, silence, ignorance, discrimination, low self-esteem or immorality. It covers it up, with a creative version of pride and ego. Only restitution, forgiving yourself and others, compassion, repentance and living with dignity will ever erase the past.” – Shannon L. Alder
63. “Never seek to please anyone. Seek to evolve thyself.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
64. “You strive to please others, to fit in, and feel accepted. In spite of that, you still don’t feel accepted, and not because others don’t accept you, but because you haven’t accepted yourself as you are.” – Dragos Bratasanu
65. “Dare to ask questions. There are answers to any question.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
66. “True acceptance doesn’t require you to fit in or change who you are. It doesn’t have to be sought; it’s given to you.” – Yong Kang Chan
67. “We all have weakness and strength. I have to fight against the weakness in my personality. Everyone of should fight against the weakness of the soul. Seek to build on your strengths.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
68. “Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L. Hay
69. “Most people think everybody feels about them much more violently than they actually do; they think other people’s opinions of them swing through great arcs of approval or disapproval.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
70. “If you are an approval addict, your behavior is as easy to control as that of any other junkie. All a manipulator need do is a simple two-step process: Give you what you crave, and then threaten to take it away. Every drug dealer in the world plays this game.”- HARRIET B. BRAIKER, Who’s Pulling Your Strings? How to Break the Cycle of Manipulation and Regain Control of Your Life
Quotes to remind you not to seek approval from others
71. “A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence. ” – Mandy Hale
72. “Dignity will only happen when you realize that having someone in your life doesn’t validate your worth.” – Shannon L. Alder
73. “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” – Mohadesa Najumi
74. “All bad behavior is really a request for love, attention, or validation.” – Kimberly Giles
75. “Belief in yourself is more important than endless worries of what others think of you. Value yourself and others will value you. Validation is best that comes from within.” – Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
76. “It’s a tragic that we recognized our self worth from external validation.” – Aditya Ajmera
77. “Nobody applauds nature, yet she still glows.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
78. “We do not need the validation from anyone.” – Purvi Raniga
79. “A stark sense of isolation encloses anyone who looks outward for validation. ” – Gina Barreca
80. “Ready for a harsh truth? Women don’t need your validation. We already have our own.” – Amanda Lovelace
Inspiring approval and validation quotes
81. “Let go of the need for approval. Let go of old judgments and opinions. Die to all that, and fly free.” ― Lama Surya Das
82. “Approval isn’t necessary. It’s nice when you get it, but it’s not going to stop us from being who we are.” ― Jared Leto
83. “Eventually you just have to realize that you’re living for an audience of one. I’m not here for anyone else’s approval.” – PAMELA ANDERSON, Esquire, Jan. 2005
84. “Man’s desire for the approval of his fellows is so strong, his dread of their censure so violent, that he himself has brought his enemy (conscience) within his gates; and it keeps watch over him, vigilant always in the interests of its master to crush any half-formed desire to break away from the herd. ”- W. SOMERSET MAUGHAM, The Moon and Sixpence
85. “Don’t always seek the approval of others concerning your goals or dreams. Not everyone wants to see you succeed, just because they are not successful.” ― Amaka Imani Nkosazana
86. “When you release yourself from the need for approval and control you can stop punishing yourself and others.” ― Bryant McGill
87. “When your own approval means more than the approval of others, that is self-love.”
― Vironika Tugaleva
88. “If self-validation were our most significant societal measure – we would give trophies to ourselves.” ― Mary Anne Radmacher
89. “Before you look for validation in others, try and find it in yourself.” ― Greg Behrendt
90. “The most splendid achievement of all is the constant striving to surpass yourself and to be worthy of your own approval.” ― Denis WaitleySeeking Approval Quotes Validation To Make You Accept Things As They Are
91. “Don’t wait for approval; don’t forget to appreciate the beauties of your life.” — Debasish Mridha
92. “When you do not seek or need approval, you are at your most powerful.” — Caroline Myss
93. “You have real success when you don’t try to impress.” — Maxime Lagacé
94. “Never give anyone approval to upset or belittle you. It is crucial to be self-conscious at all times, because with so much going on, you cannot afford to have others in charge of your own life.” — Gift Gugu Mona.
95. “When you see validation for a life’s work and dedication, it’s a beautiful day.” — Mary Gauthier
96. “When you’re appeasing too much, you might be egotistically over-estimating everyone’s need for your approval.” — Criss Jami
97. “If you live for people’s acceptance, you’ll die from their rejection.” — Lecrae Moore
98. “Validation comes to us in two ways: through trials we overcome, and through the words of older men. ” — John Eldredge
99. To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.” — Sandra Bierig
100. “How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!” — Jane Austen
However, as we become adults, there is a difference between needing approval for all we do, wanting approval, and knowing that the most important approval has now become the appreciation we give ourselves.Did these validation and approval quotes help you decide if you need it?
Seeking approval is something that does NOT change throughout our lives.
We still want people to be proud and supportive of us.
We want the pat on the back of a job well done.
Which of these approval quotes resonated with you?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
July 21, 2022 5:00 AM EST
GameStop quotes up 17% on news of planned stock split
- Andrey Zlobin Editorial Forbes
GameStop's shares rose 17% in premarket trading on news of a stock split. A year ago, the company became the main object of attention of the so-called rebellious traders, who artificially dispersed its quotes
Shares in premarket video game chain GameStop surged 17% on Friday to peak above $195.02 a share. By 14:30 Moscow time, the securities were up 16.4%, their price was $193.9.
GameStop shares rise in price on the company's announcement that it plans to conduct the first stock split in 15 years. On March 31, the company notified the U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that it would ask shareholders at its annual meeting for permission to increase the number of Class A common shares outstanding from 300 million to 1 billion. The company explained that the split would allow it to pay a dividend of additional shares, as well as "provide flexibility for future corporate needs."
GameStop split its shares only once - in March 2007: each issued paper was divided into two.
At the beginning of 2021, GameStop stock became the main focus of the so-called rebellious traders from the Reddit Internet forum, who drove their price by almost 20 times with their trades. The incident became the subject of SEC proceedings. A new regulation to combat the crackdown on “meme” stocks by traders has been announced by the European Commission.
According to Wedbush analysts quoted by Business Insider, GameStop stock continues to trade at levels that are "completely out of fundamentals" due to support from some retail investors.
Earlier this week, Tesla management asked shareholders for a share split. Before that, Amazon announced a share split. In February, Alphabet (the parent company of Google) decided to carry out the share exchange.
The most important thing about finance, investment, business and technology
Topic 9. Fundamentals of exchange activities.
Classification auctions for exchange trading. The concept and criteria of the listing procedure. The concept of securities quotes, methods stock quote.
concept and criteria for the listing procedure.
Characteristic simple auction and its types.
Characteristic double auction and its types.
Concept quotes of securities and their rate.
Characteristic single exchange price method.
Characteristic stock registration method quotes.
Topic 10. Stock exchange, the essence of an exchange transaction.
concept functions of the stock exchange. Governing bodies and organizational structure of the exchange. Basic operations and transactions on the stock exchange. The essence of the exchange transaction. Exchange indices and their characteristics. Ethics on stock exchange. Stock market crashes and shocks. Decision mechanism in the securities market (fundamental and technical analysis).
concept stock exchange.
Functions stock exchange.
Structure the governing bodies of the stock exchange.
Organizational stock market structure.
Concept exchange transaction.
Diagram exchange transaction.
Features settlements on transactions with securities on the MICEX.
Topic 11. Activities of banks in the securities market.
Kinds banking operations with securities. Issuance of securities by banks. Operations banks with bills. Investment activities of credit and financial institutions in the securities market.
Tactics approach to the problem of the participation of banks in RZB on a global scale.
Characteristic banking operations with securities.
Conditions issuance of securities by banks.
Basic bank operations with bills.
Accounting bank bills.
Return to the Contents
4. Thematic plan and distribution of hours by form of study and type of occupation
Return to the Contents