Quotes when feeling low
25 Inspiring Quotes to Give You Strength When Feeling Low
Looking for some words of encouragement to give you strength when you’re feeling down or going through hard times?
When life gets challenging and you’re feeling low a little motivation can really help.
This allows us to push that low, depressed feeling out of the way in order to value ourselves more and open ourselves up to feeling good.
One great way I’ve found that heals the mind and soul is uplifting, feel-good quotes.
They serve as a little reminder that things will get better and you can get through this.
You can also share these words of encouragement to a friend feeling down, to help lift their spirits.
Read through these inspirational quotes and let me know in the comments the quote that gives you strength and makes you feel better.
If you need more support from your loved ones, share this article with them: Encouraging Words for a Friend Going Through a Tough Time
How to Use These Quotes When You’re Feeling Down
Just being here and reading these quotes about strength in hard times is one little thing you can do to help you focus on the positive.Before I share these quotes of strength, here are some positive ways you can use these words of wisdom.
1. Write your favourite quotes in a journal or daily planner
2. Get creative and use these feeling low quotes to practice brush lettering in your bullet journal
3. Save these quotes to your Pinterest boards (for more inspiration you can follow me here)
4. Use these quotes as inspiration to write positive affirmations
5. Say these quotes out load when you need them most
6. Share one of these feeling down quotes to give a friend or loved one strength
7. Write a quote every day on a post-it note and post it to the fridge
8. Read these inspirational quotes when you feel most vulnerable – before bed or first thing in the morning is a good time25 Inspiring Quotes to Give You Strength When You’re Feeling Low:
As you read through these powerful quotes, just remind yourself that you are loved, you are worthy and what you’re going through today is not your tomorrow.
1. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
2. “I am thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have come across my strength.” – Alex Elle
3. “Never be ashamed of a scar. It means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.” – Unknown
4. “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.” – Christopher Reeve
Once You Choose Hope, Anything is Possible - Christopher Reeve Click To Tweet
5. “Until you’re broken you don’t know what you’re made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever…” – Melissa Molomo
Want more inspiration? Find more quotes here.
6. “If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” — Fred Rogers
7. “Owning your story is the bravest thing you’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
Owning your story is the bravest thing you'll ever do. - Brené Brown #quotestoliveby #quoteoftheday #WordsofWisdom Click To Tweet
8. Forgive those who insult you, attack you, belittle you or take you for granted. But more than this… forgive yourself for allowing them to hurt you.” – Unknown
9. “There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you’ve had enough.” – Unknown
Related: 40 Gratitude Quotes and Being Thankful Sayings
10. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” – BuddhaMore Quotes To Give You Strength When Feeling Low
20 Quotes to Give You Strength When You're Feeling Low #quotes #happiness Click To Tweet
11. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
12. “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
13. “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” – Les Misérables
Find more uplifting quotes here.
14. “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
15. “Respect yourself enough to say ‘I deserve peace‘ and walk away from people or things that prevent you from attaining it.” – Jericho Silvers
16. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one. ” – Michael McMillan
You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one - Michael McMillan Click To Tweet
17. “Every day may not be good, but there is some good in every day.” – Alice Morse Earle
18. “One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change.” – Unknown
19. “Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you are.” – Unknown
20. “One has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear.” – Paulo Coelho
One has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear - Paulo Coelho Click To Tweet
21. “Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.” – Chris Bradford
22. “Every experience, no matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it.” – Buddha
23. “I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.” – Joshua Graham
24. “Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.” – Roy T. Bennett
25. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.” – Robert TewQuotes to Give You Strength When You’re Feeling Low: A reminder
After reading these words of encouragement I hope you realize just how important you are.
You inspire so many people.
You are unique. You are loved. You are enough.
Never forget that you deserve to live every moment in life to the fullest.Next Step: Try Mood Tracking
If you’ve never tried mood tracking, this is a powerful tool to help when you’re going through a hard time.
By tracking your moods and activities you’ll soon be amazed at how your habits will change and you’ll find new ways to feel good and look after yourself.
Check out my mood tracking journal which is available on Amazon.Today I Choose Joy: Mood Tracker
- 12 weeks of daily mood tracking and journaling – record your mood and activities in the morning, afternoon, and evening
- Daily inspirational quotes – to offer support and motivation
- Weekly self-reflection prompts – what made you feel good, what made you feel bad, activities you plan to do more of the following week, and what you plan to avoid
Did one of these quotes about Strength in Hard Times help you feel better?
Share your favourite quotes in the comments below…
P. S. I’m going to let you in on a little secret of mine. I deal with depression and anxiety. There, I said it.
I feel I can share this as I know SO many of you out there are also experiencing or have experienced prolonged moments of feeling low, which can lead to depression and/or anxiety.
In many cases they go hand in hand like a couple of friends – of course, these are the friends you DO NOT want in your life.
I am happy to say that I know this is something I have to deal with and therefore I can do everything in my power to conquer depression head-on. This can be through a mindful self care routine, living in the present or giving myself permission to say no.
Even for those who don’t experience depression, we can all have low days from time to time. The days where everything seems hard, where everything seems like more of an effort than it should.
Having the strength to move through days like this can be tough and tiresome.
NOTE: If you are having hard days all the time and feel consistently low you could be dealing with depression. If this is the case, please seek help from your family doctor.
Also, therapy and potential medication go a long way to helping you get back on your feet again. So, NEVER be ashamed to reach out for professional help.
For more inspiration and to get the latest post from Put The Kettle On, let’s connect!
Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | TwitterResources When You’re Feeling Low or Depressed:
- 10 Reasons Why Life is Beautiful & Worth Living
- 5 Types of Journaling for Mental Health
- How to Cope with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
- Love Yourself First: Daily Guided Journal
- 25 Positive Self Love Affirmations + PDF Worksheet
- 20+ Thoughtful Gifts for People with Depression
- 5 Tips to Stop Overthinking
11 Encouraging Quotes For When You're Feeling Down To Feel Less Low
Here is a collection of encouraging quotes for when you’re feeling down to help you to feel less low.
Read these encouraging quote images and feeling low sayings when you don’t want to get out of bed in the morning!
Or read these encouraging quotes in the evening if you feel low and stressed at night.
Instead of spending the evening binge watching Netflix and/or binge eating ice cream these encouraging quotes will help you to fall asleep more restfully.
I personally designed each of these encouraging quotes for when you feel down. I myself have experienced my share of challenges – which I call my “Bucket List From Hell.” And so I share this encouraging collection of feeling down quotes from a place of true empathy and understanding.
Are you feeling down?
- Stressed? Overwhelmed? Negative? Explore the science based relaxation tools in my bestselling video course, The Anxiety Cure – here now!
11 Encouraging Quotes For When You Feel Low and Down
Scroll through these encouraging sayings! Choose your favorite feeling down quote! Use this encouraging quotation about feeling low as your mobile wallpaper! Share these inspiring words about feeling down with a friend who feels low! Plus… Bookmark this page and whenever you feel down, simply read through these 11 encouraging quotes so you can lovingly nudge yourself forward to happiness!1.
Overthinking ruins you. It ruins the situation. Twists things around. Makes you worry. Just makes everything worse that it actually is. -Karen Salmansohn2.
It’s an honor and blessing to be able to open your eyes after a night’s sleep. Give thanks every morning.3.
Sometimes sitting and doing nothing is the best something you can do. – Karen Salmansohn4.
Be selective with your battles. Sometimes peace is better than being right.5.
The tragedy is not failing. It’s not trying. – Karen Salmansohn6.
Each day you only have a limited amount of time and energy. Don’t waste it stressing about things you cannot control. – Karen Salmansohn7.
Your thoughts are a steering wheel. Watch where you aim them. – Karen Salmansohn8.
Quick reminder: Slow down! Enjoy the moments in your day. These moments are your life! – Karen Salmansohn9.
You have it within you to rise above whatever is bringing you down.- Karen Salmansohn10.
It’s okay not to be okay – as long as you are not giving up. – Karen Salmansohn11.
The little things. The little moments? They aren’t so little.
Bonus Encouraging Quote About Feeling Down
When feeling overwhelmed by a faraway goal, repeat: I have it within me right now to get me to where I want to be later. – Karen Salmansohn
Feeling down and stressed?
Check out my bestselling video course, The Anxiety Cure.
I’ll give you science backed tools to stop overwhelm and overthinking and swap in positivity and an encouraging mindset.
You’ll improve focus and productivity. Sleep better. Feel more confident. Be happier.
Already many thousands have benefited from these relaxation techniques!=> Don’t miss out – start now! <=
Think happier. Think calmer.
Think about subscribing for free weekly tools here.
When you feel bad, then at that moment love yourself strongly. Criticism only destroys you.... ▷ Socratify.Net
If you think badly of yourself, you don't love yourself enough.
If you think well of yourself, you don't know yourself well.
If you are able to see the beautiful, it is only because you carry the beautiful within yourself. For the world is like a mirror in which everyone sees his own reflection. nine0009 Paulo Coelho (100+)
Fall in love with yourself, then with life, and only after that with the one you want.Frida Kahlo (9)
When love comes into your life, you feel like its slave. And this slavery is voluntary.Alina Ross (10+)
nine0007 Just hearing her voice, seeing her or meeting her eyes - if these trifles make you feel happy, then I think this is love. Do not give up! (20+)
Outfit is a wrapper in which you feel like candy.Viktor Krotov (10+)
When someone loves you, and when you make someone happy, you suddenly start feeling like the most beautiful person in the world. nine0009 Angelina Jolie (50+)
You must believe in yourself even when the whole world doubts you.Sri Chinmoy (10+)
Life only makes sense when you live for someone other than yourself.Unknown author (1000+)
nine0007 If you want to help the Church, then try to correct yourself rather than others. If you correct yourself, then a part of the Church will immediately be corrected. And it is clear that if everyone did this, then the Church would be brought into complete order. Elder Paisius Svyatogorets (30+)
- Show the best nine0049
- ❤❤❤ Louise Hay - 34 quotes
Quotes from the book “Tender to yourself. A book about how to value and take care of yourself ”Olga Primachenko📚 — the best aphorisms, sayings and catchphrases — MyBook.Quotes from the book “Tender to yourself. A book about how to value and take care of yourself ”Olga Primachenko📚 — the best aphorisms, sayings and catchphrases — MyBook.
What to choose
👌 BEST BOOKS
❤️ Top Books
🎙 Top Audiobook9000
❤️ Top books
🎙 Top Audiobook
🎙 Make up your podcast
- Self -development, Personal height
- ⭐️Lga Primachenko
- 📚To yourself gently. A book about how to appreciate and take care of yourself
- Quotes from the book
if it seems to you that something is wrong, then most likely it doesn’t seem to you.
November 29, 2020
It's not scary to feel hatred for a loved one one day - it's scary not to allow yourself to feel anything but love for him.
November 27, 2020
Forgive yourself for "imperfection" and "inconsistency", let go of the illusion of omnipotence, admit that you do not have a hundred hands and only one life - and choose yourself instead of a feat. nine0009
December 9, 2020
how great it is to have you all; What a pity that I don't need any of you.
December 9, 2020
No one will ever love us the way we want - they will, as they can.
November 27, 2020
Thinking for others, feeling for others, anticipating their reactions is incredibly tiring. And it makes no sense: to live someone else's life instead of doing something beautiful with your own. nine0009
November 23, 2020
Self-love begins with allowing yourself without regard to what others think, and without dividing feelings into good and bad.
December 16, 2020
Criticism is inevitable. It's part of the contract, the price to pay for being yourself.