Quote about self expression
65 Self Expression Quotes On Success In Life – OverallMotivation
OM Team 0 Comments
These self expression quotes will inspire you. Self-expression, the expression of one’s own personality or the expression of one’s feelings, thoughts, or ideas, especially in writing, art, music, or dance.
A collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging self expression quotes, self expression sayings, and self expression proverbs.
Best Self Expression Quotes
- “If we’re really committed to growth, we never stop discovering new dimensions of self and self-expression .” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “A person without self-expression is a person without personal freedom.” ~ Robin S
- “Love of self and love of life connects us with the prosperity of the Universe. Self-love creates self-expression and allows us to be creative in deeply fulfilling ways.” ~ Louise Hay
“Self-expression is the dominant necessity of human nature.” ~ Dale Carnegie
- “Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.” ~ Sigmund Freud
- “Life has been your art. You have set yourself to music. Your days are your sonnets.” ~ Oscar Wilde
- “Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can offer with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation, but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous, half possession.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Without self-expression, life lacks spontaneity and joy. Without service to others, it lacks meaning and purpose.” ~ Laurence Boldt
- “One of the best things to do sometimes is simply to be.” ~ Eric Butterworth
- “Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression . Now you take the weapon and run with it. ” ~ Gerard Way
- “Our self-expression is meant to be a manifestation of the silence of our hearts.” ~ Matthew Fox
“Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.” ~ Soren Kierkegaard
- “Self-expression is a hallmark of an artist, of art, to get something off one’s chest, to sing one’s song. So that element is present in all art. It is the key to even standing up and saying, “Hey, listen to me.” Self-expression can be based on looking at the world and making observations about it.” ~ George Carlin , Art self expression quotes
- “Go toward self-actualization rather than self-image actualization… Search within… for honest self- expression.” ~ Bruce Lee
- “Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfillment.” ~ Pearl S. Buck
“Fashion you can buy, but style you possess. The key to style is learning who you are, which takes years. There’s no how-to road map to style. It’s about self-expression and, above all, attitude.” ~ Iris Apfel
- “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” ~ Tyra Banks
- “The desire for self-expression afflicts people when they feel there is something of themselves which is not getting through to the outside world.” ~ Fay Weldon
- “It takes time to understand yourself, to go inside yourself and to question yourself and really take yourself to task. That’s self-expression.” ~ John Leguizamo
“My interest lies in my self-expression — what’s inside of me — not what I’m in.” ~ John Turturro.
- “There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.” ~ Martha Graham
- “When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.” ~ Ansel Adams
- “The spontaneous power of the child, his demand for self-expression, can not by any possibility be suppressed. ” ~ John Dewey
“God expects but one thing of you, and that is that you should come out of yourself in so far as you are a created being made and let God be God in you.” ~ Meister Eckhart
- “I want freedom, the right to self-expression, everybody’s right to beautiful, radiant things.’ Anarchism meant that to me, and I would live it in spite of the whole world — prisons, persecution, everything. Yes, even in spite of the condemnation of my own closest comrades I would live my beautiful ideal.” ~ Emma Goldman , Freedom of self expression quotes
- “Perfect self-expression will never be labor, but of such absorbing interest that it will seem almost like play.” ~ Florence Scovel Shinn
- “When we consider that each of us has only one life to live, isn’t it rather tragic to find men and women, with brains capable of comprehending the stars and the planets, talking about the weather; men and women, with hands capable of creating works of art, using those hands only for routine tasks; men and women, capable of independent thought, using their minds as a bowling-alley for popular ideas; men and women, capable of greatness, wallowing in mediocrity; men and women, capable of self-expression, slowly dying a mental death while they babble the confused monotone of the mob?” ~ Neil Gaiman
“To love is to see myself in you and to wish to celebrate myself with you.What I love is the embodiment of my values in another person. Love is an act of self-assertion, self-expression and a celebration of being alive.” ~ Nathaniel Branden
- “The First Amendment serves not only the needs of the polity but also those of the human spirit – a spirit that demands self-expression .” ~ Thurgood Marshall
- “Writing is not about self-expression; it is about putting words on paper.” ~ Gordon Lish
- “I don’t really believe in any fashion rules. I think fashion is a form of self-expression. I think you can wear whatever you want!” ~ Ariana Grande , Fashion self expression quotes
“While some rules are necessary and good for us, living a life based on others’ rules, needs, and expectations can stifle your self-expression and creativity, and keep a lid on your potential.” ~ Lauren Mackler
- “I have in my life concentrated more on self-expression than self-denial.” ~ Winston Churchill
- “Our Nation has a diverse and extremely rich cultural heritage. It is a source of pride and strength to millions of Americans who look to the arts for inspiration, communication and the opportunity for creative self-expression.” ~ Gerald R. Ford
- “Self-expression is always a right, but its still not there to be abused.” ~ Isaac Hayes
“Self-censorship, whether known or unknown, is an unwelcome brake on creativity; it stifles self-expression and hence prevents a work from reaching the heights of great art.” ~ Semir Zeki
- “I want freedom, the right to self-expression , everybody’s right to beautiful, radiant things.” ~ Emma Goldman
- “A man’s true state of power and riches is to be in himself.” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- “Fashion is fun, and fashion is a form of art and self-expression. And I think it should have a wink-wink nature to it. For me, it’s about the way it makes you feel. If you want to feel sexy, you want to feel bright, you want to feel good. That’s what people are attracted to – when they see you execute an emotion or an idea clearly and proudly. ” ~ Zoe Kravitz
“I like design, I like details, to me it is just another form of self-expression.” ~ John Malkovich
- “No good poem, however confessional it may be, is just a self-expression. Who on earth would claim that the pearl expresses the oyster?” ~ C. S. Lewis
- “Our culture places a very high premium on self-expression, but is relatively disinterested in producing “selves” that are worth expressing.” ~ Matthew Kelly
- “We don’t call it sin today, we call it self-expression.” ~ Max Stirner
“All that self-expression has just created a generation of morons, hooked on an endless appetite for rubbish.” ~ Vivienne Westwood
- “For undemocratic reasons and for motives not of State, they arrive at their conclusions, largely inarticulate. Being void of self-expression they confide their views to none; but sometimes in a smoking room, one learns why things were done.” ~ Rudyard Kipling
- “Guitar is the best form of self-expression I know. Everything else, and I’m just sort of tripping around, trying to figure my way through life.” ~ Slash
- “He who seeks truth shall find beauty. He who seeks beauty shall find vanity. He who seeks order shall find gratification. He who seeks gratification shall be disappointed. He who considers himself the servant of his fellow beings shall find the joy of self-expression. He who seeks self-expression shall fall into the pit of arrogance.” ~ Moshe Safdie
“People who are tremendously concerned about their identification, their individuality, their self-expression, or their sense of humor, always seem to be missing the very things they pursue.” ~ Walter Lippmann
- “In any culture, subculture, or family in which belief is valued above thought, and self-surrender is valued above self-expression, and conformity is valued above integrity, those who preserve their self-esteem are likely to be heroic exceptions.” ~ Nathaniel Branden
- “Humankind is closer to experiencing paradise than ever before. We have the technology to feed every person in the world and the knowledge to provide a means of self-expression, self worth, shelter and more, for all people everywhere if we wish to do so.” ~ Marlo Morgan
- “For the introvert, conversation can be a very limited forum for self expression. When a song moves you, a writer gets you or a theory enlightens you, you and its creator are connecting in a realm beyond sight or speech.” ~ Laurie Helgoe
- “An author, like any other so-called artist, is a man in whom the normal vanity of all men is so vastly exaggerated that he finds it a sheer impossibility to hold it in. His over-powering impulse is to gyrate before his fellow men, flapping his wings and emitting defiant yells. This being forbidden by the police of all civilized nations, he takes it out by putting his yells on paper. Such is the thing called self-expression.” ~ H. L. Mencken
“Where art is concerned, it is the process of creating – exploring, discovering, and experimenting — that has the greatest value.Through self-expression and creativity, children’s skills will develop naturally, and their ability to create will soar.” ~ MaryAnn F. Kohl
- “I’ve always had a great love of music since childhood. It changes every day.. every time you write, it’s a new experience. It’s a self expression.” ~ Edgar Winter
- “Self-expression is not enough; experiment is not enough; the recording of special moments or cases is not enough. All of the artshave broken faith or lost connection with their origin and function. They have ceased to be concerned with the legitimate and permanent material of art.” ~ Jane Heap
- “I believe that fashion is the ultimate form if self expression therefore it really depends on my mood.” ~ Nicole Richie
- “She confused him and hindered the flow of his ideas. Self-expression had never seemed at once so desirable and so impossible.” ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
“I don’t express myself in my paintings. I express my not-self.” ~ Mark Rothko
- “Art is a platform where self-expression should not be limited. I’m here to inspire. There is no age limit to that.” ~ Shania Twain
- “The universe must exist for the self-expression of God and the delight of God.” ~ Ernest Holmes
- “I’m driven by passion. I mean, I am tired right now. I work to a point of abandon. I am fueled by my understanding of the need for self-expression that exists for young people.” ~ Debbie Allen
- “All emerge from that One Whose Being is ever present and Whose Life, robed in numberless forms, is manifest throughout all creation. Creation is the logical result of the out-push of Life into self-expression.” ~ Ernest Holmes
“Writing is communication, not self-expression. Nobody in this world wants to read your diary except your mother.” ~ Richard Peck
- “There was an exquisitely beautiful conception in my brain when I did this piece of work all alone from midnight until morning after the experience of a wonderful day. But I was not able to make the consummation anywhere nearly as beautiful as the inspiration. That, I suppose, is the cry of every heart struggling for self-expression.” ~ Gene Stratton-Porter
- “Words in the mind are like colors on the palette of the artist. The more colors we have access to, the easier it is to create a captivating picture on the canvas, and the more practice we give to using those many colors appropriately and uniquely, the more likely we will be to create a masterpiece of self-expression.” ~ Jim Rohn
Comment Your Favorite Self Expression Quotes Below!
The 37 Best Quotes on Work as Self-Expression
As one of my most profound mentors put it, “work is the ultimate form of self-expression.”
We need to do the work that makes us come alive, that helps us operate at a higher level, and that makes our soul sing.
His advice was to think of work and life in an Arête way:
Like a garden in full bloom on a warm Summer’s day.
If you want to do more great work, then treat work like a chance, not a chore.
Change Your WHY or Change Your HOW
Long ago I learned an important lesson about work:
If you don’t like the work you do, then change your WHY or change your HOW.
WHY are you doing your work? If it’s just to pay the bills you’re missing the chance to use it as a platform for your growth and greatness, or the chance to be a leader in your field, or the chance to provide great service to others.
HOW are you doing your work? If you are just slogging your way through or just going through the motions to try and get it done, you’re missing the chance to master your craft, sharpen your excellence, or even make a game of it. A game of skill.
Work is a Way to Live Your Legend
Image by Sabine Mondestin.
Your work is how you leave your mark and your legacy is a by-product.
It’s a by-product of how you show up, how you respond to challenges, and how you inspire changes.
If you want to live your legend, then express yourself through great work in the service of others.
Inspirational Quotes to Unleash What You’re Capable Of
With that in mind, here are a handful of select quotes to help you breathe new life into your work and inspire others as you blaze your trail and reveal to yourself, and to the world, what lies within you:
“A man’s work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened.”
— Albert Camus
“Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all you heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours. ”
— Dale Carnegie
“By the work one knows the workman.”
— Jean de La Fontaine
“By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.”
— Robert Frost
“Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.”
— Oliver James
“Each natural agent works but to this end,– To render that it works on like itself.”
— George Chapman
“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”
— Benjamin Franklin
“Every man loves what he is good at.”
— Thomas Shadwell
“Every man’s work, whether it be literature, or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself. ”
— Samuel Butler
“Everyone enjoys doing the kind of work for which he is best suited.”
— Napoleon Hill
“Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.”
“Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all.”
— Sam Ewing
“I believe you are your work. Don’t trade the stuff of your life, time, for nothing more than dollars. That’s a rotten bargain.”
-– Rita Mae Brown
“I get to do those big projects if I step out to the edge of myself and summon my courage to take the first step into the unknown. I get to do those Great Work projects if I have the resilience to keep going when I lose the path, run into resistance and the doubt of others. ”
— Michael Bungay Stanier
“I want freedom for the full expression of my personality.”
— Mahatma Gandhi
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
— George Eliot
“It is only when I am doing my work that I feel truly alive.”
— Federico Fellini
“It is the first of all problems for a man to find out what kind of work he is to do in this universe.”
— Thomas Carlyle
“My mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general, if you become a monk you’ll end up as the pope.’ Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.”
— Pablo Picasso
“People forget how fast you did a job – but they remember how well you did it.”
— Howard Newton
“Properly speaking, such work is never finished; one must declare it so when, according to time and circumstances, one has done one’s best. ”
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing – the result.”
— Vince Lombardi
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.”
— Martha Graham
“To fulfill a dream, to be allowed to sweat over lonely labor, to be given a chance to create, is the meat and potatoes of life. The money is the gravy.”
— Bette Davis
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
— Henry Stanley Haskins
“What you do is what matters, not what you think or say or plan.”
— Jason Fried, Founder & CEO at Basecamp (formerly known as 37signals)
“When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.”
— Jean de la Bruyere
“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.”
— Lao Tzu
“Without work, all life goes rotten. But when work is soulless, life stifles and dies.”
— Albert Camus
“Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you.”
— Henri-Frédéric Amiel
“You are so busy being YOU that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are.”
— John Green
“You are what you do. If you do boring, stupid, monotonous work, chances are you’ll end up boring, stupid, and monotonous.”
— Bob Black
“You don’t get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.”
— Jim Rohn
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
— Steve Jobs
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
— Steve Jobs
“Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. ”
Use Your Work to Bring Out Your Best
As as Steven Pressfield would say, “Don’t cheat us of your contribution. Give us what you’ve got.”
With these words of wisdom under your belt, may they inspire you to transform your work, and along the way, your life.
You Might Also Like
The Great Quotes Collection
25 Movies that Will Inspire You and Light Your Fire
37 Inspirational Quotes that Will Change Your Life
The Best Quotes on Inspiration of All Time
The Best Quotes on an Inspirational Life of All Time
The Best Motivational Quotes to Inspire Your Greatness
Quotes about self expression | Quotes from famous people
“Literature is the art of self-expression through words.”
— Ryunosuke Akutagawa Japanese writer, classic of new Japanese literature 1892 - 1927
About art, About literature, About help
“Without any dignity in the heart a person turns into his disadvantage. For example: pride becomes pride, honor becomes arrogance, good breeding becomes hypocrisy, and courage and courage without love for people are simply dangerous for society. So it is in professions. A journalist who does not like people is paparazzi. An unsympathetic poet is pop music, an actor is a parodist, an imitator... And self-expression without love is banal boasting.”
- Mikhail Zadornov 1948
About men, Heart
"A person, as an individual, should have freedom of expression and even being insane have the right to freely express his madness."
- Muammar Gaddafi, Green Book
Book, 1989, Part One: The Press]
About men, About freedom, About madness
“Graffiti is one of the few means of self-expression that you can afford, even if you don't have anything. And even if you don't graffiti the world's poverty, you can make someone smile while they're pissing."
— Robert Banks (Banksy)
“I also want to be a musician. In my opinion, music is the shortest way to people's emotions and feelings, and the easiest way to express yourself."
— Gaspard Ulliel 1984
About men, About music, About the way, About emotions
"Now the era of total self-expression has come . A stupid schoolboy is arguing with a professor simply because they have equal rights on Facebook. A TV artist teaches how to solve everyday problems, simply because he is more popular than a professional psychologist. A journalist talks about economics not because he understands it, but because he did not give his microphone to an economist. An official makes a decision not because it will be useful, but to show how cool he is and to bend everyone. Etc. The ability to understand where you don’t belong is a huge problem of modern culture, turning an annoying human defect into a terrible vice.”
— Aleksey Viktorovich Ivanov Russian writer, screenwriter 1969
About problems, About solutions
“Without love in the heart, any dignity of a person turns into his disadvantage. For example: pride becomes pride, honor becomes arrogance, good manners become hypocrisy, and courage and courage without love for people are simply dangerous for society. So it is in professions. A journalist who does not like people is the paparazzi. An unsympathetic poet is pop music, an actor is a parodist, an imitator... And self-expression without love is banal boasting.”
— Mikhail Nikolaevich Zadornov Soviet and Russian satirist, playwright, humorist, comedian 1948 - 2017
Thoughts for September 2004
About men, Heart
“What am I good for as a father? I'm around all the time. My love does not require anything. And I know how to help children express themselves. I have something to advise - if they are willing to tell me what their difficulties are - because I myself have had many difficulties in my life. I try to show them the world without embellishment. I want to instill in them a deep inner conviction that it’s okay to be happy, that you don’t have to constantly create problems for yourself that you don’t really have. ”
— Jack Nicholson American actor 1937
About love, about life, about children, about the world
“It feels like we were born to make music. This is the best way to express ourselves, this is how we talk about events and give people something valuable. This is our language.”
— Takanori Matsumoto 1982
About men, about music, about feelings
“If I want to tell someone about my love, I must have a way to express it somehow. And I don't think there is a better or stronger way than expressing your feelings through song or drawing. I realized - this is my way of self-expression. I came close to the edge when a person dies as an artist and as a person. That's what made me think that I should take a different look at public opinion.“
- Marilyn Manson American rock singer, songwriter, artist and former music journalist 1969
About men, About the way, About feelings, About personality my doubts and questions are their work; my problem is their conquest and victory, fall and rebellion; my efforts are their expression. "
- Dylan Thomas 1914 - 1953
About angels, about problems, about efforts, about victory
two commentators from Quebec. I even grew a little stubble to show that I really am a man. Besides, I would like to tell them: you know what? I really hope that as many children as possible will have the same opportunities that I had, that they will have the same parents as me, who allowed me to be an individual and gave me freedom of expression. Who told me to believe in myself - before anyone else believed in me. I would like more girls and boys to grow up in an atmosphere of love and support from their families. And it is quite clear to me that these two people grew up in a completely different environment. I want to be... to some extent, a role model. If this happened to me, and even if my gender is in doubt, I strive to be public, because I don’t want 50 years later a large number of boys and girls to have to go through things like what happened to me. So that their whole life is not called into question for no reason, just to make the viewers of the TV show laugh. I support any person in this world, especially those who have their own voice, their own feelings, their own opinion - and I challenge everyone who does not understand this. Now we live in such an era when, finally, the time has come to be free, the time has come for each person to feel unique and believe in himself, not striving to conform to anyone else's ideas for whatever reason. "
- Johnny Weir American figure skater 1984
During the 2010 Olympics, commentators from Canada allowed themselves to joke about Johnny Weir's gender. In response, Johnny called a press conference.
About life, About men, About the world, About feelings
„I love rock and roll. This is an incredible revolutionary form of self-expression that can change a person so that he ceases to recognize himself. However, I have to admit: there is a lot of shit in rock and roll. Very much.“
- Nick Cave Australian musician 1957
„My name is Dmitry Gubin. Middle name - Pavlovich.
I was born in 1964 in Ivanovo, surrounded by gloomy weavers, broken weavers and loving relatives who have nothing to do with the first two categories.
At the age of 12, I realized that for self-expression you can get not only bumps, but also money, and began to publish in local newspapers.
For approximately the same purpose, in 1981 he entered the Faculty of Journalism of Moscow State University, from which they tried several times to expel him for approximately the same reason. Ended up with a reference to Volokolamsk for distribution, to the editorial office of the district newspaper with the pro-Brezhnev title "The Precepts of Ilyich."
— Dmitry Pavlovich Gubin Soviet and Russian journalist, radio and TV presenter 1964
“You exist in an intermediate world, frozen between two floors, one of which is self-expression and the other self-destruction.”
- Truman Capote, book In Cold Blood
Transl. M. Galperina
Works, Cold-blooded murder
About the world
“There is such a basic sign of a person as a non-verbal aspect of our desire to create music and use it as part of our human self-expression. It has nothing to do with body movements, nothing to do with articulation, but something spiritual.”
- John Williams American composer 1932
There's a very basic human, non-verbal aspect to our need to make music and use it as part of our human expression. It doesn't have to do with body movements, it doesn't have to do with articulation of a language, but with something spiritual.
Source: commentary on the soundtrack of the movie "Alien"
About men, About music
“There are two ways in contemporary art: negation and continuation of traditions. Creation is the way to continue. It is important to realize that the continuation of tradition does not deprive the artist of freedom of expression.“
— Ilya Leonidovich Hoffman Russian violist and composer 1977
About art, About the path, About freedom
“A person acquires a true face when he gets the opportunity to express himself. ”
— Ilya Nikolayevich Shevelev 1921
About men I feel like I'm just starting to experiment with my image; Today I can look like this, and tomorrow I can look like that. Fashion is a great way to express yourself, and if you don't use it to the fullest, then why do you need it at all? Experimenting with style is very important to me; who do I want to be today?“
- Lily Collins American actress and model I mean it's art. And art is everything for me, so fashion is like the other side of art. It's self-expression, it's music, it's a way to show the person you really are. Nobody can take that away from you"
— Taylor Momsen American actress, rock singer, guitarist and model 1993
About men, About art, About music, About fashion
“I grew up among a wide circle of actors, musicians, photographers, artists and theatrical figures. Thanks to such a bohemian atmosphere, since childhood, there were no clear and straight lines for me. We proclaimed the creativity of self-expression and performed numbers in the corresponding spirit. "
- Jared Leto American actor and rock singer 1971
everyday world of artistic value, get a new environment for self-expression.“
- Edwin Herbert Land 1909 - 1991
About men, About the world, About photographs
“People are not sold things, but ready-made tools of self-expression. A person says: “I drive a BMW,” and thinks that he really said something by that.”
— Alexey Karaulov 1983
“As an actor, I prefer a small team, less control and fuss and more freedom to express yourself.”
— John Travolta American actor 1954
“On the one hand, art, like all other aspects of modern life, is subject to the influence of globalization and unification. In particular, this is expressed in the similarity of ideas and themes considered by today's artistic process, and their visual expression, which are directly influenced by mass culture, mass media, politics and economics, which creates, on the one hand, the illusion of freedom and flexibility of artistic creativity, its universal accessibility and mass popularity. On the other hand, blurring the boundaries between everyday experience, politics, economics and culture of completely different traditions is impossible without losses, when the need for personal reflection and reflection disappears and identical faceless works are created in completely different cultures, thus closing the circle of self-expression on itself and unconditionally marginalizing as result.“
— Varvara Shavrova
About life, about art, about ideas, about freedom
“Self-expression is the main need of human nature.”
— William Winter 1836 - 1917
“True jazz is the art of self-expression. Self-expression at the same time of the individual and the nation.”
— Sergey Donatovich Dovlatov Russian writer, publicist and journalist 1941 - 1990
About art, About personality
0002 — Andrey Vladimirovich Lavrukhin
“The purpose of life is self-expression. To express our true essence is what we live for.”
– Oscar Wilde Irish poet, playwright, writer, essayist 1854 - 1900
suit; it should show others that a spark of individuality still smolders in a person: retro-style ties or earrings in the ears - for men; feminist badges, nose earrings - for women; this is complemented by the almost completely disappeared rat-tail hairstyle for both sexes. “
- Douglas Copeland Canadian writer 1961
Generation X, Neologisms
About women, About men
“A medium of individual self-expression: fashion accessories worn in combination with a conservative suit; it should show others that a spark of individuality still smolders in a person: retro-style ties or earrings in the ears - for men; feminist badges, nose earrings - for women; this is complemented by the almost completely disappeared rat-tail hairstyle for both sexes.“
- Douglas Coopland Canadian 1961
Generation X, Neologisms
On women, about men
“Self -expression of a non -creative person is akin to idiocy.“
- Ivan Pyanov
“Man - lazy and cowardly like any animal. Thought is work. Choice is responsibility. The masses do not like to think and do not want to choose. When you force them to make a choice—any choice, be it canned peas or their path in life—you make them unhappy. nine0019 The instinct of self-preservation makes people run away from misfortune. People
run from thought and choice. It is precisely this need of theirs, and not the development of their freedoms and self-expression in every possible way, that all social networks serve: think, solve
and live for me. Accordingly, they think for you, live and grow rich then
— Franz Wertvollen writer, educator, musician
Source: Not a Book
About men, About misfortune, About the path, About freedom
Quotes about self-expression. Statements and aphorisms about self-expression. nine0001
Statements, aphorisms and quotes about self-expression.
Showing 24 of 24
Sort: None Popularity A-Z Length
Talk like everyone else, but think your own way.
• Blaise Pascal
What we experience when we are in love may be the normal state. Love tells a person how he should be. nine0003
• Anton P. Chekhov
Falling in love, Love, Normality, Self-expression
Knowledge is a tool, not a goal.
• Leo N. Tolstoy
Knowledge, Development, Self-expression
I'm ready to agree with your words! But are you worthy of passing judgment? nine0003
• Omar Khayyam
Thief, Life quotes, Life, Self-expression
The only happiness in life is the constant striving forward.
• Emile Zola
Development, Self-expression, Happiness and Unhappiness
Trying to be yourself is the only way to be successful.
Life quotes, Personality, Self-expression, Self-knowledge, Success
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
• Theodore Roosevelt
A person who is obsessed with a new idea will calm down only after implementing it.
• Mark Twain
Idea, Development, Self-expression, Calmness
Being in the world and not signifying one's existence with anything - it seems terrible to me. nine0003
• Nikolay V. Gogol
Love is not enough. She has happiness, but she wants heaven, she has heaven - she wants heaven. O lovers! All this is in your love. Know how to find
• Hugo Victor Marie
Love, Expression, Feelings
The brain is my second favorite organ.
• Woody Allen
Man, Self-expression, Humor
Every writer depicts himself to some extent in his writings, often even against his will.
• Johann W. Goethe
Wise quotes, Writer, Psychology, Self-expression and then lace. nine0003
• Nicolas de Chamfort
Generosity, Motivational quotes, Self-expression, Justice
The purpose of life is self-expression. To manifest our essence in all its fullness - that's what we live for.
• Oscar Wilde
Life and Death, Self-expression, Purpose in life
not a servant, not a master - Happy are you and truly high in spirit. nine0003
• Omar Khayyam
Wise quotes, Self-expression, Happiness, Happiness and unhappiness
• Albert Einstein
Achievement, Motivational quotes, Development, Self-expression, Meaning, Meaning of life, Success nine0003
• Shota Rustaveli
Whoever is strong in body can endure both heat and cold. So the one who is mentally healthy is able to endure anger, grief, joy, and other feelings.
Grief, Life, Health, Expression
Give a man a purpose to live for and he can survive in any situation. nine0003
• Johann W. Goethe
Motivational quotes, Development, Self-expression, Situations, Purpose Now I realized that we are best able to talk about what we would like, but what we do not have, and that we are not at all able to talk about what we are full of.
• Vissarion G. Belinsky
Beautiful quotes, Love, Poet and Poetry, Self-expression
Love yourself last.
• William Shakespeare
I-breathe, which means I love, I-love, and therefore I live!
• Vladimir S.