You are better than that quotes
120 Powerful Quotes that can change you into a better person
Byinvajy Updated on
Powerful Quotes always remind us of the important attitudes to be developed and maintained in day to day life for being a better person. Quotes have limited words, but carry huge meaning. Inspirational quotes inspire us to review our current living and work for betterment and self improvement. Continual improvement must be a goal for everyone to work on. But most of the people find it tough to motivate them to work towards positive change. Today, I am going to share with you Powerful Quotes that can change you into a better person.
**Warning: This post might CHANGE YOUR LIFE
Powerful Quotes to be better person
- “The best revenge is not to be like that.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
- “It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters. ” ~ Epictetus
- “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” ~ Colin R. Davis
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside.” ~ Jim Kwik
- “Gratitude, compassion and kindness are pillars to make you a better person.” ~ Invajy
- “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” ~ C.S. Lewis
- “Lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at you.” ~ David Brinkley
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ” ~ Elbert Hubbard
- “People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
- “Better to trip with the feet than with the tongue.” ~ Zeno
- “The world was not big enough for Alexander the Great, but a coffin was.” ~ Juvenal
- “To improve is to change, so to be perfect is to have changed often.” ~ Winston Churchill
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “To get something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.” ~ Invajy
- “Winners don’t do different things, they do things differently” ~ Shiv Khera
- “None can destroy iron, but its own rust can! Likewise no one can destroy us; but our own mindset can. ” ~ Ratan Tata
- “By changing nothing, nothing changes. ” ~ Tony Robbins
- “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “Kites rise high against the wind, not with it.” ~ Winston Churchil
Quotes to be a Better Person
- “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “Running away from a problem only increases the distance from the solution.” ~ Invajy
- “Are you here with the solution or are you part of the problem?” ~ Anonymous
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” ~ Herman Melville
- “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure – It is: Try to please everybody.” ~ Herbert Bayard Swope
- “Desire, burning desire, is basic to achieving anything beyond the ordinary. ” ~ Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” ~ Japanese Proverb
- “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” ~ Sigmund Freud
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” ~ Thomas Edison
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” ~ Vidal Sassoon
Here are Powerful Quotes by Powerful Women to make you feel empowered
- “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” ~ Mother Teresa
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” ~ Helen Keller
- Nothing can dim the light that shines from within. ~ Maya Angelou
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” ~ Mary Engelbreit
- “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” ~ Mary Kay Ash
- “There is good in everything, if only we look for it.” ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” ~ Frida Kahlo
- “Have no fear of perfection; you’ll never reach it.” ~ Marie Curie
- “You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.” ~ Indira Gandhi
- “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.” ~ Michelle Obama
Powerful Quotes to inspire you to be a better person
- “Rise above the storm, and you will find the sunshine. ” ~ Mario Fernandez
- “When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.” ~ Eloise Ristad
- “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” ~ Lance Armstrong
- “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” ~ Stephen Covey
- “To achieve greatness one should live as if they will never die.” ~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” ~ Confucius
- “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” ~ Edmund Hillary
- “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” ~ Joshua J. Marine
Be Better Quotes
- “Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.” ~ William Faulkner
- “Every morning, we get a chance to be different. A chance to change. A chance to be better.” ~ Alan Bonner
- “Life brings continuous improvements. Learn and past and today be a better person than yesterday.” ~ Invajy
- “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” ~ Aldous Huxley
- “I am thankful for all those difficult people in my life, they have shown me exactly who I do not want to be.” ~ Anonymous
- “There’s always room to be a better person. Always.” ~ Sonya Teclai
- “You either get bitter or you get better. It’s that simple. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down. The choice does not belong to fate. It belongs to you.” ~ Josh Shipp
- “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” ~ C. S. Lewis
- “The goal is not to be perfect by the end. The goal is to be better today.” ~ Simon Sinek
- “It is better to be defeated on principle than to win on lies.” ~ Arthur Calwell
Powerful Deep Quotes
- “When you have had a taste of excellence, you cannot go back to mediocrity.” ~ Maximillian Degenerez
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. ” ~ George Bernhard Shaw
- “I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life.” ~ Corazon Aquino
- “The person who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The person who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever seen before.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” ~ Stephen Chbosky
- “Good is not enough. You’ve got to be great.” ~ Simon Cowell
- “We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one.” ~ Confucius
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” ~ Bill Keane
- “I start early and I stay late, day after day, year after year, it took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success.” ~ Lionel Messi
- “Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see. ” ~ Mark Twain
- “The idea is to die young as late as possible.” ~ Ashley Montagu
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” ~ Milton Berle
- “Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” ~ Gerard Way
- “Pay attention to your enemies, for they are the first to discover your mistakes.” ~ Antisthenes
- “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” ~ Henry Ford
- “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot
Quotes about being better
- “We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty.” ~ Mother Theresa
- “Big dreams create the magic that stir men’s souls to greatness.” ~ Bill McCartney
- “You were designed for accomplishment, engineered for success, and endowed with the seeds of greatness.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ~ John Wooden
- “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” ~ Winston Churchill
- “Don’t confuse comfort with happiness.” ~ Dean Karnazes
- “If you want to shine like the sun, first burn like the sun.” ~ APJ Abdul Kalam
- “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore. ” ~ William Faulkner
- “Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.” ~ Dalai Lama
- “If you see fraud and do not say fraud, you are a fraud.” ~ Nicholas Nassim Taleb
Powerful Motivational Quotes
- “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” ~ Wilma Rudolph
- “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” ~ Og Mandino
- “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” ~ Ronald Dahl
- “Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley
- “Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.” ~ William Faulkner
- “Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them. ” ~ William Shakespeare
- “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” ~ Michael Jordan
- “Greatness is not measured by what a man or woman accomplishes, but by the opposition he or she has overcome to reach his goals.” ~ Dorothy Height
- “Always remember: Silence and Smile are two very powerful tools. Smile is the way to solve many problems. Silence is the way to avoid many problems.” ~ Paulo Coelho
- “No man is truly great who is great only in his lifetime. The test of greatness is the page of history.” ~ William Hazlitt
Short Powerful Quotes
- “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.” ~ Michel De Montaigne
- “Love is a verb. Love — the feeling — is a fruit of love, the verb.” ~ Stephen Covey
- “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. ” ~ Viktor Frankl
- “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” ~ Napoleon Hill
- “’NO’ is a complete sentence” ~ Annie Lamott
- “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
- “Believe you can and you are halfway there .” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted” ~ Aesop
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud ” ~ Maya Angelou
- “Boldness has genius, power and magic in it ” ~ W.H. Murray
Powerful Quotes to be Better
- “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” ~ Nelson Mandela
- “There is no substitute for hard work.” ~ Thomas Edison
- “Happiness depends upon ourselves.”~ Aristotle
- “The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the big facts. ” ~ Paulo Coelho
- “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’” ~ Martin Luther King Jr
- “Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.” ~ Marcus Aureliusc
- “The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it but that it is too low and we reach it.” ~
- “And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” ~ Steve Jobs
- “Have I not destroyed my enemy when I have made him into my friend?” ~ Abraham Lincoln
- “You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.” ~ Edwin Louis Cole
Thank you for reading this. Please add your favorite “Be Better” quotes in comments section; we will include them in our future posts on inspirational and motivational quotes.
If you have liked these inspirational quotes, please share with your friends and family members at your favorite social networks Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
Canada Day Quotes, Wishes, Messages & Images
Byinvajy Updated on
Canada Day is the national day of Canada. A federal statutory holiday, Canada Day celebrates the anniversary of Canadian Confederation which occurred on July 1, 1867, with the passing of…
More Motivation Canada Day Quotes, Wishes, Messages & ImagesContinue
Robert Kiyosaki Quotes to transform the way you think about creating wealth in your life
Byinvajy Updated on
Robert Kiyosaki, the famous author of book “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” has given best lessons on financial literacy, financial independence and building wealth through investing in assets, real estate investing,…
More Motivation Robert Kiyosaki Quotes to transform the way you think about creating wealth in your lifeContinue
35+ Famous Better Than You Quotes That Will Unlock Your True Potential
Leave this world a little better than you found it.— Robert Baden-Powell
407Silence is better than bullshit. — Sayings
64Visualise all those meaningful better than you quotes
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.— Dr. Seuss
406It's better to cry than to be angry; because anger hurts others, while tears flow silently through the soul and cleanses the heart. — Pope John Paul II
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.— Andre Gide
You learn something out of everything, and you come to realize more than ever that we're all here for a certain space of time, and, and then it's going to be over, and you better make this count.— Nancy Reagan
I'll tell you what's at the bottom of it.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.— Lyndon B. Johnson
260A mistake that makes you humble is better than an achievement that makes you arrogant. — Sayings
Don't see others doing better than you, beat your own records everyday, because success is a fight between you and yourself.— Chandra Shekhar Azad
Do you know what it's like going through life being better than everybody? It's hard.— CM Punk
You know better than I that in a Republic talent is always suspect.
A man attains an elevated position only when his mediocrity prevents him from being a threat to others. And for this reason a democracy is never governed by the most competent, but rather by those whose insignificance will not jeopardize anyone else's self-esteem.— Niccolo Machiavelli
230No matter how much it hurts now, someday you will look back and realize your struggles changed your life for the better. — Unknown
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.— Mark Twain
Today, Jesus stands ready to hear your cry and to answer prayer for you.
He is interested in every detail of your life. He knows you better than you know yourself.— Kathryn Kuhlman
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.— Dianne Feinstein
213It is better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction. — Herman Siu
If you won't be better tomorrow than you were today, then what do you need tomorrow for?— Nachman of Breslov
Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.— Zig Ziglar
It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.— Niccolo Machiavelli
170If you want something, you better make some noise. — Malcolm X
Always try to associate yourself with and learn as much as you can from those who know more than you do, who do better than you, who see more clearly than you.— Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is always someone out there getting better than you by training harder than you.— Pele
I'm straight edge, and that means I'm better than you.— CM Punk
158The mission of your life should be to leave a better world behind than what you inherited. — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Perhaps, a sin that humbles you is better than a good deed that makes you arrogant.— Hamza Yusuf
Everyone loves to fly and flying underwater is even better than flying in air because there are things around you.— Graham Hawkes
When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want.
If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them.— Marilyn Monroe
155Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life. — Bob Marley
Talk with your daughters, Play with your sons.
You need to be a better friend to them than anyone else. This society offers lots of evil friends. Before they make those kinds of friends, they need to find their best friend in you.— Nouman Ali Khan
It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.
Carry it by the comfortable handles of gratitude for what's positive and that it is not worse, rather than the uncomfortable edges of bitterness for the negatives and that it is not better.— Lena Horne
To leave the world better than you found it, sometimes you have to pick up other people's trash.— Bill Nye
149Try no to resist the changes that come in your way. Instead, let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come? How Rumi Can Change Your Life? — Rumi
Find something you love and do it better than everyone else.— Gurbaksh Chahal
Victory is very, very sweet. It tastes better than any dessert you've ever had.— Serena Williams
I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.— George Burns
138Choose to be optimistic, it feels better. — Dalai Lama
If you eat three times a day, you become fat.
If you read three times a day, you become wise. It's better to be wise than fat.— Shimon Peres
If you are waiting for anything in order to live and love without holding back, then you suffer. Every moment is the most important moment of your life. No future time is better than now to let down your guard and love.— David Deida
Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do.
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.— William Faulkner
130If you are more fortunate than others, it is better to build a longer table than a taller fence. — Sayings
Further, Take heed that you faithfully perform the business you have to do in the world, from a regard to the commands of God; and not from an ambitious desire of being esteemed better than others.— David Brainerd
I am going to do my best to try to create a country in which children are not living in poverty, in which kids can go to college, in which old people have health care. Will I succeed? I can't guarantee you that, but I can tell you that from a human point of view it is better to show up than to give up.— Bernie Sanders
Find better company, find company of people better than yourself so you be surrounded with those best in character and so you may learn something.— Nouman Ali Khan
God can take better care of you than you could ever take of yourself.
He could open doors for you that you could never open. He can close doors that will keep you out of trouble. God can give you favor everywhere that you go.— Joyce Meyer
Life is too damn short and [screwed] up to go through it silently loving someone and never telling them how you feel. [Screw] the consequences, [screw] the implications of the actions, to hell with it all... whatever happens as a result is better than the nothingness that is inevitable with silence.— Janis Joplin
30 inspirational quotes about change and instability in life
October 11, 2020Life
They will help you accept any situation.
Change can be wonderful or it can be frightening. In any case, thanks to them, we learn something new and grow. If you feel anxiety about the fact that life is changing, open this collection, you will find support and inspiration in it.
1. “Yesterday I was smart and that's why I wanted to change the world. Today I have become wise, and therefore I am changing myself” (Jalaladdin Rumi, Persian poet).
2. “Man cannot discover new oceans until he has the courage to lose sight of the shore” (André Gide, French writer and playwright).
3. “All great changes are preceded by chaos” (Deepak Chopra, physician and author of books on spirituality and alternative medicine).
4. “Experiencing a painful experience is like hanging from a walking stick. At some point, you will have to let him go in order to move on” (Clive Lewis, writer, author of The Chronicles of Narnia).
5. Sometimes, by breaking the good things, you can put together something better.
American actress, singer and model
6. “To improve means to change, and to be perfect means to change often” (Winston Churchill, British statesman and politician).
7. “True life does not take place where great external changes are made, where they move, collide, fight, kill each other, but it occurs only where slight, imperceptible changes are made in the spiritual consciousness of people” (Leo Tolstoy . Reading circle).
8. “Change is the end result of all true learning” (Leo Buscaglia, writer and motivational speaker).
9. “The turn of the road is not the end of the road, unless, of course, you have time to turn around” (Helen Keller, writer, public figure).
10. The main measure of the mind is the ability to change.
theoretical physicist, public figure-humanist
11. “There is no progress without struggle” (Frederick Douglass, writer and educator).
12. “Where there is hope, there is life. She again fills with courage and gives strength ”(Anne Frank, a Jewish girl, a native of Germany, the author of the diary of the same name).
13. "People who know how to change over and over again are much more reliable and happier than those who can't" (Stephen Fry. Moab is my wash bowl).
14. “Not every change leads to improvements, but in order to improve something, you must first change it” (Georg Lichtenberg, scientist, philosopher and publicist).
15. “In every change, in every fallen leaf, there is both pain and beauty. And that is how new leaves grow.” (Amit Ray, writer and spiritual teacher)
16. I can sum up everything I've learned about life in two words: it goes on.
17. “A person who is not ashamed of what he was a year ago does not learn enough” (Alain de Botton, writer, philosopher).
18. "We are products of our past, but we do not have to be hostages of this past" (Rick Warren, writer, pastor).
19. “Incredible life changes happen when you choose to take control of what you can, instead of craving control over what you can't” (Steve Maraboli, business consultant, author).
20. “If we don't change, we don't develop. And if we don’t develop, then we don’t really live” (Gale Sheehy, writer, author of the book “Age Crises”).
21. When we are no longer able to change the situation, we are required to change ourselves.
"Man's Search for Meaning"
22. "You are exactly as young as the time has passed since you last changed your mind" (Timothy Leary, psychologist, LSD researcher).
23. “In any case, changes will come. They can be bloody, or they can be beautiful. It depends on ourselves” (Arundhati Roy, writer).
24. “It is not given to us to return yesterday, but what will happen tomorrow depends on us” (Lyndon Johnson, 36th US President).
25. Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apologies you never received.
26. “You outgrow some people. Let yourself have it” (Mandy Hale, author of Single lady).
27. “Everyone has the opportunity to change and develop to their last breath” (M. F. Ryan).
28. “The only immutable law is that everything changes. The hardships that I endured today are only a hair away from the pleasures of tomorrow, and these pleasures will be even more joyful from the memories of what I endured ”(Louis Lamour, writer, author of Westerns).
29. “We must let go of the life we have planned in order to embrace the one that awaits us” (Joseph Campbell, mythologist).
30. “It's never too late or - in my case - never too early to become what you want to become. There is no time limit, you can start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same - there are no rules ”(Francis Scott Fitzgerald. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button).
Read also 🧐
- QUIZ: How well do you know famous aphorisms?
- Why is it useful to write quotes from books and how to do it correctly
- 37 observations about life that did not go according to plan
22 great quotes worth knowing for those who take risks
Dale Carnegie, Winston Churchill, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, John F. Kennedy's thoughts on risk than when you drive. On the other hand, you constantly think about it and become more circumspect in every sense. People sometimes fall asleep at the wheel of a car, but they never doze off on a motorcycle.
- Malcolm Forbes, publisher of Forbes magazine
If no one ever took risks, Michelangelo would fresco the floor of the Sistine Chapel.
- Neil Simon, American playwright
Life is a pretty risky business.
- Harold Macmillan, British Prime Minister (1957-1963)
Who leaves nothing to chance, does almost everything right - only he can do little.
- George Savile Halifax, 17th-century English statesman
Every successful undertaking begins with a bold decision once made.
— Peter Drucker, American economist
The result of management without risk is business without profit and pleasure.
- Al Neibart, founder of USA Today magazine
Uncertainty and risk are the main difficulty and the main opportunity of business.
— David Hertz, American mathematician and analyst
In a moment of indecision, act quickly and try to take the first step, even if it is unnecessary.
- Leo Tolstoy, Russian writer
When a horse takes a barrier, there is something about it that makes you feel good. Maybe it's a risk, maybe a game. In any case, this is exactly what I need.
- William Faulkner, American writer, prose writer
Taking risks means jumping off a cliff, spreading your wings in flight.
— Ray Bradbury, American science fiction writer
Yes, in such moments you forget all your previous failures! After all, I got it more than risking my life, I dared to risk it and - here I am again among the people!
— Fyodor Dostoevsky, Russian writer
Only those who are willing to take risks swim far. Safe boats do not go far from the shore.
- Dale Carnegie, American educator, psychologist, writer
The word "crisis", written in Chinese, consists of two characters: one means "danger", the other - "opportunity".
- John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States, 1961-1963
Each step of the artist is an adventure, the greatest risk. In this risk, however, and in this alone, lies the freedom of art.
- Albert Camus, French writer
Of those shots you didn't make, 100% are off target.
- Wayne Gretzky, Canadian ice hockey player Not taking risks means losing yourself.
- Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher
You can't win a war with the slogan "Caution first".