When two broken hearts meet quotes
The Best Relationship You'll Have Comes From Pain
by Kaveri Khorana
Love happens only once and there's never the same love twice.
I've grown up listening to this since I can remember. BUT I realized your first love, no matter how special, may not last. And don't be sad if it doesn't.
First love is something you should take as an experience, it makes you stronger and makes you understand who you are as a person.
In my case, it made me realize everything I want in my partner and what I don't. So yes, totally heartbroken and having lost faith in love completely, I decided that I don't want to be with anyone and I gave time to myself to recover and lick my own wounds.
Then I happened to meet someone. -- someone who made me realize what I deserve, how I should have been treated and why I should have never put with up with the bullshit that my ex gave me.
It just took me a week to realize something very profound; it takes to broken hearts to appreciate each other. This is why you should give your broken heart another chance (no matter how broken it is).
1. Broken hearts appreciate each other.
Half plus half makes a full. So when a broken heart meets another broken heart, it makes a whole. It beats like the most beautiful thing on this planet.
Two broken hearts appreciate each other for what they've been dejected earlier, and they understand the pain that both the hearts have been through.
2. Broken hearts understand what it means to be hurt.
We've been hurt. All of us have been at some point or the other, but when you love someone who has hurt you like no one's business, you feel like shit.
When two broken hearts come together, they always make sure that they are empathetic and they do everything in their power to ensure that they never make anyone feel like the way they did at some point and that makes the bond so very strong and beautiful.
3. Broken hearts make an unbreakable team.
You know what it means to be in a team?
Its when you can do a free-fall and know that the other person will catch you no matter what.
Because a broken heart will never let go for anything else. It's a total once bitten twice shy kind of a situation. Two broken hearts never ever want to leave their team mate alone.
Being left for someone else sucks even more. Being pushed down the priority list for someone else specially someone trivial hurts the most. And we've experienced all this, hence when two broken hearts comes together, they don't abandon their team because they know how it feels.
4. Broken hearts respect each other.
Respect is the most important thing in a relationship, it may be trivial of some people, but it should be prioritized the most. A broken heart has experienced some of the most lone situations.
Being left alone in a room full of strangers, being made fun of in front of random people for the sake of humor and even been bailed on for a more "fun" plan.
But when two broken hearts come together, they understand the importance of respect for each other. Respect for each others feelings, beliefs, families etc.
5. Broken hearts are the strongest.
We've been ill treated, been with the wrong person and allowed people to walk all over us. That shit, makes you feel small and worthless, but believe me there is a lot of hidden strength you'll gain through the emotional scarring and torture that you have are putting yourself through.
You'll be the strongest person ever, stronger than you'll ever imagine yourself to be.
We've all got an emotional beating in life from someone or the other at some point of our life, its the worst thing ever, but it makes you a better and stronger person in ways you can't even imagine.
And then one fine day, you will meet someone who is equally emotionally beaten and scarred and you both will find so much love in one another, so much affection and solace that you'll forget about all the horrible ways in which you were treated in life.
I did and you will too.
50 Broken Heart Quotes - 50 Heart Broken Quotes
Understatement of the year: Heartbreak sucks. There’s no better way to put it. And even though some people downplay the severity of what it feels like to get your heart broken, it is a very real pain—both physically and mentally.
But sometimes, the best way to get through heartbreak is by doing exactly that—going through it. Take it from someone in the thick of probably the greatest heartbreak I’ve ever experienced: Lean into your sadness, no matter how hard it can be.
Because by allowing yourself to feel everything you’re feeling without trying to hold back, you can really begin the process of healing.
So whether it’s listening to a sad love song, watching a heart-wrenching movie, or reading a devastating book, sometimes all it takes are the perfect words that describe how you’re feeling to get the comfort you’re looking for.
Here's a list of the most gut-wrenching quotes on heartbreak we could find.Cheers to getting through this.
1. “I think you are wrong to want a heart. It makes most people unhappy. If you only knew it, you are in luck not to have a heart.” ― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
2. “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don't.” ― Stephen King, Hearts in Atlantis
3. “Loving you was like going to war; I never came back the same.” — Warsan Shire
4. “The hottest love has the coldest end.” — Socrates
5. “Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead.” — Adele, “Someone Like You”
6. “You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.” — Henny Youngman
7. “There is something bleak and barren about a world that is missing the person who knows you best.” — Jodi Piccoult, The Book of Two Ways
8. “Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.” — Emily Dickinson, 809
9. I thought that I’d been been hurt before but no one’s ever left me quite this sore. Your words cut deeper than a knife. Now I need someone to breathe me back to life.” — Shawn Mendes, “Stitches”
10. “Only time can heal your broken heart. Just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.” — Miss Piggy
11. “What about us? What about all the broken happy ever afters?” — Pink, “What about us?”
12. “These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real” — Evanescence, “My Immortal”
13. “My heart no longer felt as if it belonged to me. It now felt as if it had been stolen, torn from my chest by someone who wanted no part of it.” — Meredith Taylor, Churning Water
14. “To fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful.” — Bess Myerson
15. “A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark.” — Alvy Singer, Annie Hall
16. “Why’d you have to say goodbye? Look what you’ve done to me. I can’t stop these tears from fallin’ from my eyes. ” — Mary J. Blige, “I’m Goin’ Down”
17. “Thinking of you is a poison I drink often.” — Atticus
18. “The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever.” — Carroll Bryant
19. "Oh you broke my heart. I told you I was weak for love, but then you went around, and did what you wanted to do, and now I'm crying." — Miley Cyrus, "FU"
20. “I’d rather have a broken arm than a broken heart.” — Christie Brinkley
21. “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” ― Kahlil Gibran
22. “So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” ― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly
23. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”― Mineko Iwasaki
24. “I think heartbreak is something you learn to live with as opposed to learn to forget.” — Kate Winslet
25. “Since you’ve gone I’ve been lost without a trace. I dream at night, I can only see your face. ” — The Police, “Every Breath You Take”
26. “You were red and you liked me cause I was blue. You touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky, and you decided purple just wasn’t for you.” — Halsey, “Colors”
27. “It is strange how often a heart must be broken. Before the years can make it wise.” ― Sara Teasdale, The Collected Poems
28. "Loving you is like a battle, and we both end up with scars." — Lauryn Hill, “Ex-Factor”
29. “I wish I were a little girl again because skinned knees are easier to fix than a broken heart.” — Julia Roberts
30. “My tongue will tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break.” — William Shakespeare, Taming of the Shrew
31. “Back then, in those first days, I was so alone that every day was like eating my own heart.” — Junot Diaz, This is How You Lose Her
32. “The scars of your love remind me of us. They keep me thinking that we almost had it all.” — Adele, “Rolling in the Deep”
33. “Ever since I met you my life’s been a song. A sad song, a love song with hate in between.” — Willie and Lukas Nelson, “Sound of Your Memory”
34. “Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.” — Alphonse de Lamartine
35. “Love hurts worse than getting slammed by a 250-pound linebacker.” — Miranda Kenneally
36. “The broken heart. You think you will die, but you keep living, day after day after terrible day.” — Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
37. “My feet will want to walk to where you are sleeping but I shall go on living.” — Pablo Neruda
38. “When your heart is broken, you plant seeds in the cracks and you pray for rain.” — Andrea Gibson
39. “The greatest tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love.” — W. Somerset Maugham
40. “Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. ” — Neil Gaiman
41. “All I wanted was to break your walls. All you ever did was wreck me.” — Miley Cyrus, “Wrecking Ball”
42. “I scratched out your name and your face. What is it about you that I can't erase, baby? Well every promise don't work out that way” — Beyonce, “Sandcastles”
43. “It turns out freedom ain't nothin' but missin' you. Wishin' I'd realized what I had when you were mine.” — Taylor Swift, “Back to December”
44. “In another life I would make you stay, so I don’t have to say you were the one that got away.” — Katy Perry, “The One That Got Away”
45. “Tell me the truth boy, am I losing you for good? We used to kiss all night, but now there's just no use.” — Solange, “Losing You”
46. “I mean, at the end of the day, what the hell does it matter who I end up with if it can't be you?”― Tabitha Suzuma, Forbidden
47. “I don't think anyone can give you advice when you've got a broken heart.” ― Britney Spears
48. “There is an ocean of silence between us… and I am drowning in it. ”― Ranata Suzuki
49. We only said goodbye with words. I died a hundred times. You go back to her, and I go back to black.” — Amy Winehouse, “Back to Black”
50. “But if you want to leave, you can. I’ll remember you though. I remember everyone that leaves.” — Lilo, Lilo & Stitch
Syeda Khaula Saad Syeda is a writer for Cosmopolitan who likes to analyze and improve the way we look at sex as a way to topple the patriarchy.
What are the best heartbreak quotes
Unrequited love can drive anyone crazy. Therefore, aphorisms about a broken heart do not lose their relevance at all times. These quotes will help you get through difficult times when love leaves.
The most heartbreaking phrases about unhappy love
Quotes about a broken heart a person begins to look for a reason. Sad events occur in life - parting with a lover, his betrayal, or other circumstances. One thing is important: the broken heart turned out to be such precisely because the personality was holistic before, but now it turned out to be divided into parts. This state is well described by the following quote with the meaning of a broken heart:
I can't cry. I can't scream. It's just that something is eating me up inside. This love is dying. A long and painful death. And I die with her.
When a person leaves, all the good that was associated with him disappears, leaving behind only pain. In other words, the beloved or beloved can become an integral part of the soul. And parting in this case brings unbearable suffering.
Phrases about the love suffering of girls
The following quotes about a broken heart of a girl also describe the painful state that occurs in the event of separation from her lover:
Do you still think that I will come back to you - no. I'm just counting the seconds since you left. You see, I love math...
Something inside me hurts a lot, probably my love for you is dying painfully... when there is daylight. You were that light. But now there is eternal night in my life. ..
These phrases are filled with pain and pessimism - but what else can you expect from a person who is in mental anguish? After all, if one person has always been a source of joy, then even after separation from him or her, all the colors of life are lost. Everything around becomes meaningless.
This is explained by psychology: when a person does not realize any important need, he will do everything in his power to satisfy it. If this does not work out, the individual plunges into a deep depressive state. It is this that is subjective and is experienced as a "broken heart". Such depression affects the social sphere - a person becomes unsociable, it is difficult for him to perform daily duties. In this state, the body is also destroyed - immunity weakens, diseases become aggravated. No wonder A. S. Pushkin wrote:
The disease of love is incurable!
Words by Sergei Minaev
The following wonderful quote about a broken heart belongs to the writer Sergei Minaev:
I'm starting to think that, in fact, there is nothing more disgusting than bullying other people's feelings. We do it so diligently because we don't have anything like it. And judging by the lifestyle, and will not.
Often people come together who really have little in common in life. But at first, this does not prevent the emergence of warm feelings between them. When it turns out that their lifestyles are completely incompatible, then a state sets in that Sergey Minaev calls disgusting - in which people do not respect each other's feelings. And such mutual torment, according to the writer, is due to the difference in worldview. One cannot but agree with this quote about a broken heart, as it is constantly confirmed in everyday life.
Reason and unhappy love
But is it possible to make the right choice and avoid unhappy love? Here is what François La Rochefoucauld says:
The mind cannot play the role of the heart for long.
And here is what the Russian poetess Anna Akhmatova writes:
And the next day I will play my part again, And laugh out of place again. Remember when you said that love is pain? You wrong. Love is hell.
Anna Akhmatova writes that she has to hide her feelings, putting on the mask of a person guided only by reason. But in reality, the heart of the poetess is filled with torment - and she speaks about this in a quatrain.
The English poet George Byron also knew what a broken heart is. His quote reads as follows:
Wounds from love, if not always killed, then never healed.
If a person has been psychologically traumatized as a result of a separation, it is not in any case possible for him to completely lose himself. But even if unpleasant events in his personal life did not completely destroy his individuality, they still remain in the soul for a long time. And time is not always a good healer. This is what the English poet writes about, pointing out that spiritual wounds remain with a person throughout his life.
The following folk quote about a broken heart says that it can be even worse than this condition:
Do you know what is worse than a broken heart? Loneliness.
For many, the difficulty lies in the fact that after parting with a lover, for a long time they cannot find a mate and forget the person who treated them cruelly. This happens for the reason that the suffering person himself cannot cope with his mental pain. And his painful situation is aggravated even more - by the loneliness that follows after parting. Anyone who is interested in quotes about a broken heart cannot do without the help of a competent psychotherapist. After all, prolonged loneliness has an extremely negative effect on the psyche. And to overcome this state alone, without losing a lot of strength, time and health, is extremely difficult.
Quotes in English about a broken heart
In foreign languages, in particular in English, phrases and quotes about love suffering can sound especially beautiful. Let's consider some of them.
Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t. ” – Stephen King
Translation of this quote: “A heart can be broken. Yes, the heart can be broken. I think it would be better if we died in such cases. But that doesn't happen" (Stephen King).
You can't buy love, but you can pay heavily for it. — Henry Youngman
Translation: “You cannot buy love, but you can pay a high price for it.” (Henry Youngman)
To heal the broken heart, break the hate. The more you get mad, the more you get sad.
Translation: "To heal a broken heart, overcome hatred. The more you go crazy, the more you sink into melancholy" (unknown author).
Heartbreak Quotes - Catchphrases
A broken heart is a good sign. A sign that you've at least tried to love someone.
An offended woman is very dangerous. And a broken heart is often too cruel.
A heart not broken by love is not yet a heart.
There is beauty in a broken heart. When only fragments remain in your hands ... You can decide which pieces you really need, and which ones you just like.
You know what happens when you let people into your heart. They break it and go away.
When you break someone's heart, don't say they don't have a soul. After all, he no longer has a heart, nothing will prevent him from becoming soulless.
People learned to break hearts much earlier, before they learned to split atomic nuclei.
My heart broke again, tired of collecting and gluing ... Let everyone go through the pieces and cut themselves.
Why, when we accidentally prick our finger, we abruptly remove it. And when our hearts are broken, we are only more drawn to this person.
The best way to heal a broken heart is to break it again.
A broken heart can be glued together, but it will not beat, and it will remain motionless as a monument to pain and sadness.
Only those we love break hearts.
Now I would agree to go back to my childhood and fall ten more times, because knees heal faster than a broken heart.
Breaking other people's hearts, then manage to cover your own, because, sooner or later, someone will break it.
It hurts - my heart said, if you forget - time calmed me, but I will constantly be corrupted - my memory whispered!
Each of us has a red-hot needle in our heart.
We hide a bad mood behind smiles, a broken heart behind a beautiful appearance, but inside is just pain.
There are no goals for which one could break another person's heart.
A disgusting rule of life - they break your heart into small pieces, and then you spit in the face of everyone who loves you or achieves you.
Breaking a heart is easy, but hard to win.
Living with a broken heart is like living half dead, which is not the same as being half alive. Half dead is half dead. This is not life.
She has asthma and still smokes. She has high cholesterol, and she continues to cook with butter. She has a broken heart, but she still believes in love.
It is better to have a heart of stone than a living one, but shattered.
A broken arm will mend, a broken heart will not.
We often give a new chance to those who do not deserve it, and break the hearts of those who dream of getting just one!
The combination of stress and a broken heart can do irreparable harm to peace of mind, but, God, how beneficial it affects the figure.