When someone do you wrong quotes
Wronged Quotes - BrainyQuote
To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.
The first duty to children is to make them happy. If you have not made them so, you have wronged them. No other good they may get can make up for that.
The wrongdoer is more unfortunate than the man wronged.
I am not vindictive, but very forgiving. Despite being wronged, I never took revenge on anyone.
A stiff apology is a second insult... The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt.
Gilbert K. Chesterton
Through the feigned fury of divine emotion, the wife of the great one will be badly wronged. Judges, wishing to condemn such a doctrine, the victim will be sacrificed to the ignorant people.
My mother can certainly be rough around the edges at times, but she also taught me to have compassion for people who have been wronged. She taught me to empathize with those who have made mistakes.
One day I realized that I wasn't getting anywhere by blaming other people for my circumstances. I finally understood: Even if you feel someone has wronged you or owes you something, no one is going to give you anything for free.
Mary J. Blige
Reversing your treatment of the man you have wronged is better than asking his forgiveness.
I was no chief and never had been, but because I had been more deeply wronged than others, this honor was conferred upon me, and I resolved to prove worthy of the trust.
Two's company and three's a crowd, but seven can be an uprising. And the seven can become 70 or 700 or 7000 very quickly if the sense of being wronged is felt broadly and truly enough.
If consulted by friends about marital dramas, I always encourage the singles to marry, the married to stick together, the neglectful and wayward to renew their loving commitment and the wronged to forgive.
I'm not denying that depression can be spiritually induced. Guilt from having wronged and hurt others can bring it on. A sense of having failed to live out the will of God can give rise to depression. Certainly the fear of death and what might follow can sap the joy out of life.
I believe the Israelis have been wronged, but they also have a lot to apologize for. And I believe the Palestinians have been wronged, but they have a lot to apologize for, as well.
The Way Of The Fist' is not quite a Shakespearian depiction of anger and revenge. This song was more my way of releasing all the pent up aggression I felt against some people who wronged me beyond the point of any kind of forgiveness or mercy.
Even if you feel someone has wronged you or owes you something, no one is going to give you anything for free.
Mary J. Blige
I'm just a human being who would not accept being wronged.
When we have been badly injured and clearly wronged, we make an instant caricature of the person who did it to us. We define him totally by the one wrong he did.
Lewis B. Smedes
I have forgiven and forgotten all those who wronged me.
I can't turn the clock back but I can seek the forgiveness of those I've wronged.
The soldiers never explained to the government when an Indian was wronged, but reported the misdeeds of the Indians.
He bore no grudge against those he had wronged.
It doesn't matter if I've been wronged - I still have a responsibility to use my influence in a way that never causes harm.
Let me encourage you, if someone has wronged you, and you still get that cringing feeling on the inside when you see or think about that person, take it to God and allow Him to keep your heart soft and sensitive.
I am much chastened and profoundly remorseful. I can only hope that the Almighty and those whom I have wronged will forgive me my trespasses.
I've gone through that with my mother and father and here I was in a similar situation. I've wronged her and I've wronged the family. Because when these things happen, it doesn't just happen to you, it happens to the people around you and the family.
I am not a pregnant working mother wronged.
My heart gets very tender when it comes to playing someone who has wronged someone else. I almost feel like it's easier for me to play having been wronged than it is to actually feel like you had an active part in hurting someone.
I love playing women, and I think that this is a throughline to a lot of the characters I've played - they all have this aspect of being wronged. And I think, a lot of the time, the characters are actually wronged by themselves, and they find someone else to blame it on.
There are a lot of people out there who will try to take advantage of you or are predators in a certain way. Women must stand up and speak out about it. Also, anybody who says that they have been wronged should be supported in every possible manner.
But a lot of 'Bhavesh Joshi' comes from the 'angry young man' - the Bachchan films of the '70s or the Sunny Deol films of the '80s, where there is someone who has been wronged and wants to do the right thing.
The workers who get hurt by corner-cutting often do not realize they are being wronged. Even when they do, they do not have the support and resources to fight back. Without a union to stand behind them, these workers are forced to stay in bad jobs, or face no job at all.
Hillary Clinton had the backing of the entire DNC during her 2016 run, and yet, after she lost, all she could do was whine incessantly about how many people had wronged her throughout the process and made it so unfair.
Famous Quotes & Sayings About Someone Doing You Wrong
List of top 58 famous quotes and sayings about someone doing you wrong to read and share with friends on your Facebook, Twitter, blogs.
Top 58 Quotes About Someone Doing You Wrong
#1. Whoever said white men had little dicks was dead ass wrong. - Author: Mz. Lady P
#2. The commandment to avoid contention applies to those who are right as well as those who are wrong. - Author: Dallin H. Oaks
#3. I've written things about that, about how life's really big decisions aren't right or wrong, it's just that one lives different lives. No, I don't think your life went wrong. - Author: Bernhard Schlink
#4. Cause channeled in the wrong direction is indistinguishable from handcap - Author: Dr Lloyd Magangeni
#5. Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am. Yours truly, - Author: G.K. Chesterton
#6. Entrusting your dreams or aspirations to the wrong person could be a critical mistake, lest they mistreat or neglect them. We are not nearly as careful with our dreams as we should be. - Author: Ramani Durvasula
#7. It felt wrong for me to stay totally connected to that very strict way of approaching the heritage - what it can be, what it cannot be. That was also the period where I really thought, "No, let's open it up." - Author: Raf Simons
#8. Right actions for the future are the best apologies for wrong ones in the past - the best evidence of regret for them that we can offer, or the world receive. - Author: Tryon Edwards
#9. Tell me that you don't like cartoons, and I think there's something wrong with you. I don't understand why people don't like cartoons. - Author: John DiMaggio
#10. What r u wearing? Huh? Matt blinked at the phone, sure he'd read it wrong. Wasn't that how phone sex started? He wasn't dating anyone. - Author: J.L. Langley
#11. When you're taking care of the customer, you can never do too much. And there is no wrong way ... if it comes from the heart. - Author: Debbi Fields
#12. I can't tell which direction is right or wrong anymore, but I know I want to stay. - Author: Alexandra Bracken
#13. We're communal animals. If we're by ourselves, we can feel wrong and crazy and out of step with society. We really need those talking circles. - Author: Gloria Steinem
#14. Human reason can neither predict nor deliberately shape its own future. Its advances consist in finding out where it has been wrong. - Author: Friedrich August Von Hayek
#15. I've known Al Gore since he was born. He has been the best little boy, he was a boring child, and he has never done anything wrong. - Author: Cokie Roberts
#16. When 99% of people doubt your idea, you're either gravely wrong or about to make history. - Author: Scott Belsky
#17. Daisy said to me that I was trying to find ways to protect my heart but I was doing it wrong. She told me the best way to protect my heart was to trust it to someone who will protect it for me.
More silence but his body went completely still.
That's you. It's always been you. - Author: Kristen Ashley
#18. Just follow your gut. If you seriously believe that something is the right thing to do, if you are so convinced that your stomach is knotting up every time someone suggests an alternative way of doing all this, take a deep breath and just say, "You're wrong. " - Author: Joe Elliott
#19. If you're trying to serve someone in need and it doesn't hurt a little, you're doing something wrong. - Author: Jeff Goins
#20. The word 'experienced' often refers to someone who's gotten away with doing the wrong thing more frequently than you have. - Author: Laurence Gonzales
#21. Challenging someone is good. You need to do it. Sometimes they don't even realize you're doing it, like when you joke with a goalie, 'What's wrong today? You losing it?' - Author: Sidney Crosby
#22. If you're mad at someone for being excited and inspired by your art then you're doing it wrong. - Author: Azealia Banks
#23. No matter how perfect & honest a person is, there will always be people to criticize. In other words, if everyone agrees with someone, there is something fundamentally wrong with what that individual is doing. If you are not criticized, you are not in the right track. - Author: Abu Sufyan Ibn Harb
#24. You can work really hard and well on something, and someone you respect might hate it; worse, they're not empirically wrong for doing so. This is scary, especially for people who haven't been published. - Author: Darin Strauss
#25. This is what a total breakdown must be, I though. You find yourself standing somewhere you should't be, doing something so out of character that you wonder if you've become someone else entirely. You've lost the plot, taken a wrong turning, jumped into a train whose destination is total lunacy - Author: Gilly Macmillan
#26. Without someone telling you what you are doing is wrong, you can't say what you are doing is right. - Author: Andy Biersack
#27. You never quite know in business if what you are doing is the right or the wrong thing. Unfortunately, by the time you know the answer, someone has beaten you to it and you are out of business. - Author: Mark Cuban
#28. You know ... it always seems obvious to outsiders when someone is doing something wrong, but when your mind is in the midst of evil, it is easy to be manipulated by crueller instincts. - Author: Cassandra Kemper
#29. Doing the right thing for someone else occasionally means doing something that feels wrong to you. - Author: Jodi Picoult
#30. When a kid plays football games before he attends a class, something is wrong. - Author: Joe Paterno
#31. You can look at a person's attitude and know what kind of thinking is prevalent in his life ... It's better to be positive and wrong than negative and right! - Author: Joyce Meyer
#32. My mom told me once - relationships end until the one that doesn't. So you can't be sad, really. Because if the wrong ones didn't end, you wouldn't be available when the right one came along. - Author: Eli Easton
#33. Early in my business career I learned the folly of worrying about anything. I have always worked as hard as I could, but when a thing went wrong and could not be righted, I dismissed it from my mind. - Author: Julius Rosenwald
#34. Then "wrong" is right, and "right" is wrong! Yet I'll tell you this, to help you out of your dilemma: believe nothing I say. Simply live it. Experience it. Then live whatever other paradigm you want to construct. Afterward, look to your experience to find your truth. - Author: Neale Donald Walsch
#35. Most executives, many scientists, and almost all business school graduates believe that if you analyze data, this will give you new ideas. Unfortunately, this belief is totally wrong. The mind can only see what it is prepared to see. - Author: Edward De Bono
#36. I guess at the end of the day it's better to have nothing with the right person than to have everything with the wrong person, isn't it?
She was absolutely right about that. - Author: Jay Crownover
#37. You're the one who can do no wrong." "I do plenty wrong." "You don't have to tell me. - Author: Joy Fielding
#38. I believe faith is a journey, not something that we fix when it goes wrong or that we have to follow in a set required way, but something that is always opening up in front of us with the people me meet and the things we do, becoming more meaningful along the way. - Author: Phil Mitchell
#39. But that's the wrong question. Ask why everyone else is so pathetically stupid and why they're always whining about detention, I should get a medal for not slapping people in the face every day. - Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
#40. If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English. - Author: Dan Castellaneta
#41. There's nothing wrong with sexual feelings in themselves, so long as they are straightforward and not sneaking or sly. The right sort of sex stimulus is invaluable to human daily life. Without it the world grows grey. - Author: D.H. Lawrence
#42. When all is said and done, science actually takes hard work and a willingness to sometimes find out that your most cherished hypothesis is wrong. - Author: Alice Dreger
#43. Mongers have been able to convince otherwise intelligent people that wrong is right, discrimination is appropriate, and division is unifying. It is among the most frightening and dangerous of their abilities." And - Author: April White
#44. Some people will say that words like scum and rotten are wrong for Objective Journalism
which is true, but they miss the point. It was the built-in blind spots of the Objective rules and dogma that allowed Nixon to slither into the White House in the first place. - Author: Hunter S. Thompson
#45. Was I wrong? Was I imagining a problem where there wasn't one? Of course my great aunt Maureen always said even a broken clock is right twice a day. - Author: Suzanne M. Trauth
#46. Motherhood is a choice you make everyday, to put someone else's happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you're not sure what the right thing is ... and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong. - Author: Donna Ball
#47. And there I was sending all the wrong signals to the right people in the wrong ways. Again, again, again. - Author: Emily M. Danforth
#48. The last time anyone did anything wrong in this town, Hades's men found those responsible and dragged them back here in chains. You would have to be insane to actively want to piss that man off." "Insane or very sure of yourself," I said. - Author: Steve McHugh
#49. Cutting benefits & raising retirement age are wrong answers. - Author: Barack Obama
#50. But if something did happen, it happened. Whether it's right or wrong. I accept everything that happens, and that's how I became the person I am now. - Author: Haruki Murakami
#51. Better to assume the worst and be wrong than assume the best and be wrong. - Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
#52. We are destined to be together forever. We have a card that says so. Gypsy Mummy is never wrong. - Author: Dean Koontz
#53. If you feel that everything's too damn okay,
then it is just a sign that something is wrong. - Author: Toba Beta
#54. The Tudors hated to be wrong, and therefore never were. - Author: Jeane Westin
#55. When I received the news of the Nobel Peace Award, I could not believe it. I told my father, 'I think they have the wrong name, Dad. Please, can you talk to this man on the phone? I'm busy cooking!' - Author: Betty Williams
#56. I'm learning all the right vocabulary words - 'You're right, I'm wrong.' - Author: George Stephanopoulos
#57. Give your decisions, never your reasons; your decisions may be right, your reasons are sure to be wrong. - Author: James Mansfield
#58. People are wrong when they say opera is not what it used to be. It is what it used to be. That is what's wrong with it. - Author: Noel Coward
Quotes about making decisions in life (100 quotes)
Often we have to make some decisions. And they are not always simple. Sometimes you just need to take a breath and make up your mind. If you have any doubts, read these quotes to help you believe in yourself. You will find quotes about making decisions in life in our selection. Surely, one of them will help you make the right decision.
Fate is a very convenient word for those who never make decisions. nine0003
With an open discussion, not only mistakes, but the most absurdities are easily eliminated.
You will never solve a problem if you think in the same way as those who created it.
Waiting is painful. Forgetting hurts. But the worst of suffering is not knowing what decision to make.
For those who are overcome by anger, envy and other negative emotions, it is better to delay making a decision.
My problem is that you are the solution.
Decisions made in the dead of night usually lose their force in the light of day. nine0003
The weak one doubts before making a decision; strong - after.
If only someone could tell me what I want.
If you made the decision, let your hand not tremble from now on.
No problem can be solved at the same level at which it arose.
People ask for advice only to support a decision they have already made.
In matters of the heart never offer advice or solutions... Just a clean handkerchief at the right time. nine0003
When an important decision needs to be made, the most dangerous thing is to ask someone else for advice, because, except for a few eccentrics, there is no one who sincerely wishes us well.
The decisions you make after two in the morning are the wrong decisions.
Even the most important decisions start with small ideas.
As often happens in bad times, a good decision was made when the time was already lost.
One memory is enough for the veil before your eyes to dissipate, it is enough for some little thing to understand that you made a mistake, and then you will decide what to do next with your life. nine0003
Sleep is the best solution if there are no other solutions.
Don't make decisions after hearing only one side.
There are no unsolvable problems, there are unpleasant solutions.
The road to the future depends on the decisions you make today.
If someone knows what decision he should make in order to produce something good or prevent something bad, but does not do this, then this is called cowardice.
Everyone knows that "what the hell" is always the best solution. nine0003
I know how difficult any decision is, but I realized that if I stopped asking questions, I could never achieve anything. The main thing is to choose the best of all paths, and then you can safely move forward.
The problem ceases to interest us if it is solved or if it turned out to be unsolvable.
Living together means solving problems together that would not have arisen if you had not started living together.
My greatest successes came from the decisions I made when I didn't think, but simply did what my heart told me to do. Even if he couldn't give a reasonable explanation...
To solve a problem, said Descartes, means to win the battle. But winning the battle does not mean solving the problem.
In the end, everything is somehow resolved, even if for the worse...
Don't worry too much about making the right decision. Just make decisions and then make it right.
The solution of a question is the path to knowledge.
The day will come when you will have to decide where to go. And immediately you need to go where you decide. Immediately. You have no right to waste a single minute. You can't do this. nine0003
Don't make decisions when you're angry. Don't make promises when you're happy.
The principle of the second element says that the main solution to any problem lies not in the problem itself, but is revealed when a second element, opposite to this problem, is introduced into the situation.
Sometimes our best decisions don't make any sense...
When you make some important decision for yourself, the main thing is not to change your mind. And then from “I don’t want to see you anymore” to “I want children from you” is within easy reach. nine0003
There really are no right or wrong decisions. This is a trick of the intellectuals. The main thing is that the decision is made.
Decided not to decide anything yet.
Your life changes the moment you make a decision and take action.
A person actively tries not to notice everything that contradicts his earlier decision.
More often than not, the hardest decisions in our lives are the best ones.
While the brain is thinking, the ass has already made a decision! nine0003
Our decisions must not contradict the laws of nature if we want them to lead to the set goal, because if they contradict them, they will simply turn out to be impossible.
Recognizing a problem is half the battle in solving it.
To ponder - to look for an excuse for a decision already taken.
Problems are more important than solutions. Solutions may become obsolete, but problems remain.
Perhaps all parting is like jumping off a cliff. The hardest thing is to decide. Once you're in the air, you'll have to let go. nine0003
If you make decisions according to your heart, you will end up with heart disease.
There are no hopeless situations in life, there are only unmade decisions.
You shouldn't say "no" to the people you love, at least not often. That's the whole secret. When you still have to, then your “no” should sound like “yes”. Or get them to tell you "no" yourself.
I make all my important decisions with the help of “‘tossing a coin’’. nine0003
Most of my problems have no solution, or the solution is worse than the problem itself.
We all make stupid decisions, but time is a funny thing, and sometimes a little magical: a stupid decision can eventually turn into something completely different . ..
Sometimes our best decisions don't make any sense.
The final decision is the decision you make before your wife decides everything.
No matter what you do, even if you do nothing, the decision is always yours. nine0003
A real decision is one after which you take a new action. If there is no action, you have not made a decision.
One bad decision is better than two good ones.
I have a failure in my decision making system.
Nothing is decided in anger.
A woman's final decision is rarely the last.
Having thought - decide, but having decided - do not think.
It is difficult to say what indecision deserves more - pity or contempt, and it is not known what is more dangerous - to make an erroneous decision or not to make any. nine0003
And you have to make up your mind to hesitate.
Decisions made in the dead of night usually lose their force in the light of day.
A good decision is the result of experience. And experience is the result of bad decisions.
Every problem always has a solution - simple, convenient and, of course, erroneous.
But how do you learn to be responsible? You have to live in the world, make your own decisions, make your own mistakes.
In our time, we suffer not so much from a lack of information, but from an excess of unnecessary, useless information that has nothing to do with getting out of crisis situations. Find ways to separate the useless from the important, and you'll feel like you're in control. nine0003
My problem is that you are the solution.
Have the courage to accept the consequences of your decisions.
Don't look for the cause, look for the remedy.
Problems cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that created them.
I can't solve the equation without knowing the variables.
Unraveling the secret of the success of managers, it is worth looking not at the solution, but at the method that made it possible to come to it.
People ask for advice only to support a decision they have already made. nine0003
For an intelligent woman, men are not a problem; for a smart woman, a man is a solution.
Meetings are indispensable if you decide to do nothing.
Recognizing a problem is half the battle in solving it.
People make stupid decisions every day.
It's hard to be efficient and not obnoxious.
More often than not, the hardest decisions in our lives are the best ones.
Yes, what is easier - to refer that the time is supposedly inappropriate, but every time it is here and now that fate forces us to make decisions. nine0003
You must allow yourself to see, not judge, what is going on around you. Respect the facts, even if they don't match your expectations.
Clearly higher education doesn't make smart decisions.
You have no free will, only the illusion of freedom. You are free to choose the taste of toothpaste or brand of wine, but no more. Humanity still lacks the wisdom to make important decisions.
It's hard to find that single step if you're at headquarters all the time and don't know what's going on in the market. nine0003
Everyone knows that "what the hell" is always the best solution.
A man's free will is to find a woman who will decide for him.
Keep in mind that only five percent of intelligence reports are true. A good commander should be able to allocate these percentages.
I wish someone would tell me what I want.
Any woman is waiting for someone who will take responsibility for her, and none likes to make final decisions. nine0003
For those who are angered, it is best to delay making a decision.
But how do you learn to be responsible? You have to live in the world, make your own decisions, make your own mistakes.
Our decisions show who we really are much better than our abilities.
Do not hesitate for a second if you have to speak out against your colleagues or act contrary to their decision. A business cannot be successful all the time unless it is led by a dictator. Of course, it is better if he is wearing silk gloves. nine0003
We all make stupid decisions, but time is a funny thing, and sometimes a little magical: a stupid decision can eventually turn into something completely different ...
Let's decide about our future in the future.
When you have to make a choice and you don't, that is also a choice.
Best Quotes in English with Translation
We will help you to speak English without hesitation
When you want to express thoughts and feelings briefly and succinctly, but you can’t find the right words, you can turn to quotes from books, aphorisms or expressions of great minds. Sometimes in English they sound more weighty and even more romantic. In this article we have collected the coolest quotes in English with translation.
Quotes of great people in English with translation
Famous people leave a mark on the earth not only by their actions. Sometimes accidentally thrown words of an artist or entrepreneur can turn into famous phrases and spread around the world in English. nine0003
These famous phrases in English can be used to motivate colleagues to new results or inspire loved ones at any opportunity.
- Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time. - The secret of success is not not to make mistakes, but not to repeat the same mistakes twice (Bernard Shaw).
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Simplicity is the highest degree of sophistication (Leonardo da Vinci). nine0230
- There are three things which the superior man guards against. In youth...lust. When he is strong...quarrelsomeness. When he is old. ..covetousness. A reasonable person avoids three things in life. In youth, lust. In maturity - quarrelsome. In old age - greed (Confucius).
- Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much - Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more (Oscar Wilde).
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life - Your time is limited, so don't waste it while living someone else's life (Steve Jobs). nine0230
- I don't like those cold, precise, perfect people, who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong never do anything. — I do not like these cold, neat, perfect people who, in order not to say wrong, say nothing at all, and in order not to commit a wrong act, do nothing at all (Henry Beecher)
- No two persons ever read the same book. No two people have read the same book (Woodrow Wilson)
- While we are postponing, life speeds by. - While we put off all things for later, life passes by (Seneca)
- Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs. - Make your own dreams come true or someone else will hire you to make theirs come true (Farrah Grey)
- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. It is not the strongest or the smartest who survive, but the one who adapts best to change (Charles Darwin)
- Love the life you live, and live the life you love. — Love the life you live and live the life you love (Bob Marley)
- Music is the universal language of mankind. Music is the universal language of mankind (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
A well-known statement by one of the most prominent musicians of the last century, John Lennon:
“When I was five years old, my mother always said that happiness is the main thing in life. When I went to school, they asked me what I want to be when I grow up. I wrote: "Happy." Then they told me that I didn’t understand the question, and I answered that they don’t understand life.” nine0003
English proficiency test
This English proficiency test was compiled by the Skysmart online school tutors. They prepared fun and relevant tasks on modern topics to make the test both useful and interesting
Quotes from books and films in English
Many great quotes in English were created by writers. Such clever thoughts in English can unite, be food for thought and cause for discussion.
- Never regret anything that made you smile. Never regret what makes you smile (Mark Twain)
- Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself. Always dream and strive to exceed your limits. Don't aim to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Strive to be better than yourself (William Faulkner)
- If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. - If you only read books that others read, you will only think what others think (Haruki Murakami)
- Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had. “If you suddenly want to condemn someone,” he said, “remember that not all people in the world had the advantages that you had” (Francis Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby book)
- We must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that. - You need to run as fast just to stay in place, and to get somewhere, you need to run at least twice as fast (Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland)
- Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. - Keep your friends close and your enemies closer (The Godfather movie)
- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - The only thing we have to decide is what to do with the time we have allotted (The Lord of the Rings: The Ringbearers movie)
- What we do in life echoes in eternity. - What we do in life will echo in eternity (Gladiator movie)
- We buy things we don't need, to impress people we don't like. We buy things we don't need to impress people we don't like (Fight Club movie)
- My mom always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you "re gonna get. - My mother always said that life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you will get (Forrest Gump movie")
How many English words do you already know?
Let's define your vocabulary - without complex questions and with the help of smart algorithms.
English quotes by topic
- It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. - Only the heart is vigilant. You can't see the main thing with your eyes (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
- Love is a friendship set to music. Love is friendship set to music (Joseph Campbell)
- Real beauty lives in the heart, is reflected in the eyes and leads to action. - True beauty lives in the heart, is reflected in the eyes and manifests itself in actions (Osho)
- When love is not madness it is not love. - If love is not crazy, then it is not love (Pedro Calderon de la Barca)
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. Love all, trust the elect, and do no harm to anyone (William Shakespeare)
- True love stories never have endings. - Real love stories don't have endings (Richard Bach)
- Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance. - Men always want to be a woman's first love, and women always want to be a man's last novel (Oscar Wilde)
Quotes about life
- Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. Life is 10% of what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it (Charles Swindoll)
- As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. “As long as man ruthlessly destroys lower beings, he will never know health and peace. As long as people kill animals, they will kill each other (Pythagoras)
- Every day can not be good, but there is something good in every day. - Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day (Alice Morse Earl)
- Life is a series of choices. - Life is a series of choices (Nostradamus)
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle - There are only two ways to live your life. The first is as if there are no miracles. The second is as if everything in the world is a miracle (Albert Einstein)
- Everything you can imagine is real. Everything you can imagine is real (Pablo Picasso)
- Life is a progress, and not a station. - Life is a process, not a stop (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- You can never understand one language until you understand at least two. You will never understand one language until you understand at least two (Jeffrey Willans)
- You can never be overdressed or overeducated. You can't be too well dressed or too well educated (Oscar Wilde)0230
- Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Don't let yesterday take too much away from today (Will Rogers)
- We receive three educations, one from our parents, one from our schoolmasters, and one from the world. The third contradicts all that the first two teach us. We receive three educations: one from our parents, one from our teachers and one from the outside world. The third education refutes everything that the first two taught us (Charles-Louis de Montesquieu)
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. Your most unhappy customers are your biggest source of knowledge (Bill Gates)
- Success is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration. - Success is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent sweat (Thomas Edison)
- Love what you do. Do what you love - Love what you do. Do what you love (Oprah Winfrey)
- Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - Success is the ability to move from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm (Winston Churchill)
- The mind is everything. What do you think you become. - Um, that's all. What you think is what you become (Buddha)
- I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions (Stephen Covey)
- When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion. When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad things, I feel bad. Here's My Religion (Abraham Lincoln)
- I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. — Let me be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not (Kurt Cobain)
- Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. - He who cannot change his thoughts cannot change anything (Bernard Shaw)
- Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back. Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect them back (Oscar Wilde)
- Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune. - With a diploma you can earn a living. Self-education will make you a fortune (Jim Rohn)
- Money speaks sense in a language all nations understand. — Money speaks a language that all nations can understand (Aphra Ben)
- The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word "crisis". one brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity. — The word "crisis", written in Chinese, consists of two characters: one means "danger" and the other means "opportunity." In a crisis, beware of danger, but do not close your eyes to opportunities - John F. Kennedy
- Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold. “If you get the whole world but lose your soul, it's not worth it. Wisdom is more precious than silver and gold (Bob Marley)
- Language extends hidden power, like the moon on the tides. - The tongue has a hidden influence, like the moon on the ebb and flow (Rita Mae Brown)
- Life is a foreign language: all men mispronounce it. Life is a foreign language, everyone pronounces it wrong (Christopher Morley)
- A different language is a different vision of life. — Another language is another vision of life (Federico Fellini)
- A mind enclosed in language is in prison. - The mind, limited by language, is imprisoned (Simone Weil)
- Neither can embellishments of language be found without arrangement and expression of thoughts, nor can thoughts be made to shine without the light of language. - Just as eloquence cannot exist without the orderliness of thoughts, so thoughts cannot shine without the efforts of the tongue (Cicero)
- One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way. - One language places you in the hallway of life. Two languages open all doors on the way (Frank Smith)
Quotes about humor
- A day without laughter is a day wasted
- Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face - Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face (Victor Hugo)
- Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine - Laugh whenever you can. This is the cheapest medicine (George Byron)
- Love me, love my dog - If you love me, then you will love everything that is connected with me (literal translation: love me - love my dog too)
- The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time
Aphorisms in English with translation
Beautiful quotes in English can be without an author, as is often the case with aphorisms and winged expressions. Or the people can act as the author, as in the case of proverbs. Their distinguishing feature is conciseness and brevity, and they are also easy to remember. nine0003
- Fall seven times and stand up eight. - Fall down seven times, get up eight times (Japanese proverb)
- As soap is to the body, so laughter is to the soul. - Like soap for the body, so laughter for the soul (Jewish proverb)
- Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere. - Knowledge is a treasure that follows the one who possesses it everywhere (Chinese proverb)
- Now or never. - Now or never.
- Never say never. - Never say never". nine0230
- Everything is good in its season. - Everything has its time.
- A word is enough to the wise. - Smart understands perfectly.
- Better early than late. “Better early than late. Analogue: A spark of carcass before a fire.
- Haste makes waste. - Hurry - you'll be wasting your time. Analogue: if you hurry, you will make people laugh.
- A danger foreseen is half avoided. “Who knows about the impending danger, he has half avoided it. Analogue: beware of troubles while they are not. nine0229 It is no use crying over spilt milk. It's useless to cry over spilled milk. Analogue: tears will not help grief.
- Time cures all things. - Time heals.
- A friend in need is a friend indeed. - A friend in need is a friend indeed.
- Like draws to like. “Like tends to like. Analogue: looking for his own.
- Opinions differ. How many people, so many opinions.
- Out of sight, out of mind. - Out of sight, out of mind. Analogue: out of sight, out of mind. nine0230
- That be up to the ears in love. - To be deeply in love.
- A good face is a letter of recommendation. - A good face is like a letter of recommendation. Analogue: the eyes are the mirror of the soul.
- Appearances are deceitful. - Appearances are deceptive.
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. - They do not look at a given horse's teeth.
- The face is the index of the mind. - The eyes are the mirror of the soul.
- To have a finger in every pie. - Have a finger in every pie. Analogue: there is a plug in each barrel. nine0230
- Too much knowledge makes the head bald. - From excessive knowledge, the head grows bald. Analogue: if you know a lot, you will soon grow old.
- A lie begets a lie. - Lies breed lies. Analogue: those who are used to lying cannot be left behind.
- An honest tale speeds best, being plainly told. - The best thing is a direct and simple spoken word.
- A great fortune is a great slavery. - Great fortune - great slavery.