What to do when sad and depressed
SAMHSA’s National Helpline | SAMHSA
Your browser is not supported
Switch to Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari
Main page content
SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
Also visit the online treatment locator.
SAMHSA’s National Helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357) (also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service), or TTY: 1-800-487-4889 is a confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders. This service provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Also visit the online treatment locator, or send your zip code via text message: 435748 (HELP4U) to find help near you. Read more about the HELP4U text messaging service.
The service is open 24/7, 365 days a year.
English and Spanish are available if you select the option to speak with a national representative. Currently, the 435748 (HELP4U) text messaging service is only available in English.
In 2020, the Helpline received 833,598 calls. This is a 27 percent increase from 2019, when the Helpline received a total of 656,953 calls for the year.
The referral service is free of charge. If you have no insurance or are underinsured, we will refer you to your state office, which is responsible for state-funded treatment programs. In addition, we can often refer you to facilities that charge on a sliding fee scale or accept Medicare or Medicaid. If you have health insurance, you are encouraged to contact your insurer for a list of participating health care providers and facilities.
The service is confidential. We will not ask you for any personal information. We may ask for your zip code or other pertinent geographic information in order to track calls being routed to other offices or to accurately identify the local resources appropriate to your needs.
No, we do not provide counseling. Trained information specialists answer calls, transfer callers to state services or other appropriate intake centers in their states, and connect them with local assistance and support.
What Is Substance Abuse Treatment? A Booklet for Families
Created for family members of people with alcohol abuse or drug abuse problems. Answers questions about substance abuse, its symptoms, different types of treatment, and recovery. Addresses concerns of children of parents with substance use/abuse problems.
It's Not Your Fault (NACoA) (PDF | 12 KB)
Assures teens with parents who abuse alcohol or drugs that, "It's not your fault!" and that they are not alone. Encourages teens to seek emotional support from other adults, school counselors, and youth support groups such as Alateen, and provides a resource list.
After an Attempt: A Guide for Taking Care of Your Family Member After Treatment in the Emergency Department
Aids family members in coping with the aftermath of a relative's suicide attempt. Describes the emergency department treatment process, lists questions to ask about follow-up treatment, and describes how to reduce risk and ensure safety at home.
Family Therapy Can Help: For People in Recovery From Mental Illness or Addiction
Explores the role of family therapy in recovery from mental illness or substance abuse. Explains how family therapy sessions are run and who conducts them, describes a typical session, and provides information on its effectiveness in recovery.
For additional resources, please visit the SAMHSA Store.
Last Updated: 08/30/2022
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
Your browser is not supported
Switch to Chrome, Edge, Firefox or SafariMisusing alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs can have both immediate and long-term health effects.
The misuse and abuse of alcohol, tobacco, illicit drugs, and prescription medications affect the health and well-being of millions of Americans. SAMHSA’s 2020 National Survey on Drug Use and Health reports that approximately 19.3 million people aged 18 or older had a substance use disorder in the past year.
- In 2020, 50.0% of people aged 12 or older (or 138.5 million people) used alcohol in the past month (i.e., current alcohol users) (2020 NSDUH)
- Among the 138.5 million people who were current alcohol users, 61. 6 million people (or 44.4%) were classified as binge drinkers and 17.7 million people (28.8% of current binge drinkers and 12.8% of current alcohol users) were classified as heavy drinkers (2020 NSDUH)
- The percentage of people who were past month binge alcohol users was highest among young adults aged 18 to 25 (31.4%) compared with 22.9% of adults aged 26 or older and 4.1% of adolescents aged 12 to 17 (2020 NSDUH)
- The 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health reports that 139.7 million Americans age 12 or older were past month alcohol users, 65.8 million people were binge drinkers in the past month, and 16 million were heavy drinkers in the past month
- About 2.3 million adolescents aged 12 to 17 in 2019 drank alcohol in the past month, and 1.2 million of these adolescents binge drank in that period (2019 NSDUH)
- Approximately 14.5 million people age 12 or older had an alcohol use disorder (2019 NSDUH)
- Excessive alcohol use can increase a person’s risk of stroke, liver cirrhosis, alcoholic hepatitis, cancer, and other serious health conditions
- Excessive alcohol use can also lead to risk-taking behavior, including driving while impaired. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that 29 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver daily
- STOP Underage Drinking interagency portal - Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Prevention of Underage Drinking
- Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Prevention of Underage Drinking
- Talk. They Hear You.
- Underage Drinking: Myths vs. Facts
- Talking with your College-Bound Young Adult About Alcohol
- National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors
- Department of Transportation Office of Drug & Alcohol Policy & Compliance
- Alcohol Policy Information Systems Database (APIS)
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- In 2020, 20.7% of people aged 12 or older (or 57. 3 million people) used nicotine products (i.e., used tobacco products or vaped nicotine) in the past month (2020 NSDUH)
- Among past month users of nicotine products, nearly two thirds of adolescents aged 12 to 17 (63.1%) vaped nicotine but did not use tobacco products. In contrast, 88.9% of past month nicotine product users aged 26 or older used only tobacco products (2020 NSDUH)
- Data from the 2019 NSDUH reports that 58.1 million people were current (i.e., past month) tobacco users. Specifically, 45.9 million people aged 12 or older in 2019 were past month cigarette smokers (2019 NSDUH)
- Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable death, often leading to lung cancer, respiratory disorders, heart disease, stroke, and other serious illnesses. The CDC reports that cigarette smoking causes more than 480,000 deaths each year in the United States
- The CDC’s Office on Smoking and Health reports that more than 16 million Americans are living with a disease caused by smoking cigarettes
Electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) use data:
- Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s 2020 National Youth Tobacco Survey. Among both middle and high school students, current use of e-cigarettes declined from 2019 to 2020, reversing previous trends and returning current e-cigarette use to levels similar to those observed in 2018
- E-cigarettes are not safe for youth, young adults, or pregnant women, especially because they contain nicotine and other chemicals
- Tips for Teens: Tobacco
- Tips for Teens: E-cigarettes
- Implementing Tobacco Cessation Programs in Substance Use Disorder Treatment Settings
- Synar Amendment Program
- Truth Initiative
- FDA Center for Tobacco Products
- CDC Office on Smoking and Health
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Tobacco, Nicotine, and E-Cigarettes
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: E-Cigarettes
- Among people aged 12 or older in 2020, 3.4% (or 9.5 million people) misused opioids in the past year. Among the 9.5 million people who misused opioids in the past year, 9.3 million people misused prescription pain relievers and 902,000 people used heroin (2020 NSDUH)
- An estimated 745,000 people had used heroin in the past year, based on 2019 NSDUH data
- In 2019, there were 10.1 million people age 12 or older who misused opioids in the past year. The vast majority of people misused prescription pain relievers (2019 NSDUH)
- An estimated 1.6 million people aged 12 or older had an opioid use disorder based on 2019 NSDUH data
- Opioid use, specifically injection drug use, is a risk factor for contracting HIV, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. The CDC reports that people who inject drugs accounted for 9 percent of HIV diagnoses in the United States in 2016
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Understanding the Epidemic, an average of 128 Americans die every day from an opioid overdose
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit
- TIP 63: Medications for Opioid Use Disorder
- Use of Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Criminal Justice Settings
- Opioid Use Disorder and Pregnancy
- Clinical Guidance for Treating Pregnant and Parenting Women With Opioid Use Disorder and Their Infants
- The Facts about Buprenorphine for Treatment of Opioid Addiction
- Pregnancy Planning for Women Being Treated for Opioid Use Disorder
- Tips for Teens: Opioids
- Rural Opioid Technical Assistance Grants
- Tribal Opioid Response Grants
- Provider’s Clinical Support System - Medication Assisted Treatment Grant Program
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Opioids
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Heroin
- HHS Prevent Opioid Abuse
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America
- Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC) Network
- Prevention Technology Transfer Center (PTTC) Network
- The percentage of people who used marijuana in the past year was highest among young adults aged 18 to 25 (34. 5%) compared with 16.3% of adults aged 26 or older and 10.1% of adolescents aged 12 to 17 (2020 NSDUH)
- 2019 NSDUH data indicates that 48.2 million Americans aged 12 or older, 17.5 percent of the population, used marijuana in the past year
- Approximately 4.8 million people aged 12 or older in 2019 had a marijuana use disorder in the past year (2019 NSDUH)
- Marijuana can impair judgment and distort perception in the short term and can lead to memory impairment in the long term
- Marijuana can have significant health effects on youth and pregnant women.
- Know the Risks of Marijuana
- Marijuana and Pregnancy
- Tips for Teens: Marijuana
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Marijuana
- Addiction Technology Transfer Centers on Marijuana
- CDC Marijuana and Public Health
Emerging Trends in Substance Misuse:
- Methamphetamine—In 2019, NSDUH data show that approximately 2 million people used methamphetamine in the past year. Approximately 1 million people had a methamphetamine use disorder, which was higher than the percentage in 2016, but similar to the percentages in 2015 and 2018. The National Institute on Drug Abuse Data shows that overdose death rates involving methamphetamine have quadrupled from 2011 to 2017. Frequent meth use is associated with mood disturbances, hallucinations, and paranoia.
- Cocaine—In 2019, NSDUH data show an estimated 5.5 million people aged 12 or older were past users of cocaine, including about 778,000 users of crack. The CDC reports that overdose deaths involving have increased by one-third from 2016 to 2017. In the short term, cocaine use can result in increased blood pressure, restlessness, and irritability. In the long term, severe medical complications of cocaine use include heart attacks, seizures, and abdominal pain.
- Kratom—In 2019, NSDUH data show that about 825,000 people had used Kratom in the past month. Kratom is a tropical plant that grows naturally in Southeast Asia with leaves that can have psychotropic effects by affecting opioid brain receptors. It is currently unregulated and has risk of abuse and dependence. The National Institute on Drug Abuse reports that health effects of Kratom can include nausea, itching, seizures, and hallucinations.
- Tips for Teens: Methamphetamine
- Tips for Teens: Cocaine
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
More SAMHSA publications on substance use prevention and treatment.
Last Updated: 04/27/2022
What to do if I want to cry and I want to cry for no reason
Psychology of Relations
Education of Children
people are the only creature on Earth who has the ability to cry under the influence of rumbled feelings. This happens when we become very sad, we are depressed, something upsets us. Of course, sadness and crying are completely normal conditions that everyone is subject to from time to time. But in some cases, a person cannot even explain the reason for sadness and crying, this can happen even if we do not want it. From this article you will learn what to do if you are sad and want to cry, get good advice from a psychologist in such cases. nine0003
GET A PSYCHOLOGIST'S CONSULTATION
comments powered by HyperComments
Sadness is one of the weakest negative emotions that every healthy person tends to experience. This emotion is more important, because it allows you to stabilize and maintain a normal emotional state. Moreover, sadness can be called a natural defense mechanism that protects the human psyche from overload. nine0003
As a rule, sadness is caused by certain triggers, that is, the occurrence of this emotion has its own causal relationships. A person becomes sad when someone or something upsets him, offends him, when any difficulties or troubles arise in life. With strong emotional triggers, sadness can provoke tears and crying, which is also a protective mechanism of the psyche, ways to get rid of excessive emotional stress. In other words, it is more than natural to become sad in certain situations and life circumstances. nine0003
At the same time, it is important to understand that crying whenever you feel sad is not a typical behavior for an adult, it is more characteristic of a child. Adult people, if it is not about strong emotional upheavals or mental disorders, are able to control their emotions and hide them from others.
If you often experience sadness for no apparent reason, cry, the reasons for such emotional swings may be due to the peculiarities of your psyche, character, temperament, a sign of certain disorders, up to depression. In any case, it is important to establish the causes of melancholy and understand how to stop being sad. nine0003
As mentioned earlier, feeling sad is normal for everyone, but not when you often feel sad for no reason. In such situations, it is important to identify the causes of one's emotional instability and the most likely of them are:
EMOTIONS AND FEELINGS
What is sadness and how it affects a person's life
Causes of inexplicable sadness and what to do about itWhy do you always want to cry0048
Many people, if they constantly want to cry for no serious reason or for some trifle, immediately think that they have depression. But do not go to such extremes, because depression is a serious illness and in most cases spontaneous bouts of sadness have nothing to do with this diagnosis. There are other pathological factors, the most common of which we will now consider.
Why it becomes sad in autumn and spring, and how to overcome the seasonal blues
“I feel some kind of emptiness, I often cry, I am constantly sad and ill, some kind of breakdown has appeared. ” Such words are very often heard from many people with the advent of autumn or spring. The fact is that these seasons are really capable of inspiring melancholy and melancholy. There are several reasons for this:
• Chronic sleep deprivation – proper sleep is extremely important for the functioning of the central nervous system and mental state. If a person constantly lacks sleep, this is accompanied by accumulating nervous and psychological stress, a decrease in stress resistance. The result can be not only constant lack of sleep and fatigue, but also a pathological susceptibility to sadness. nine0003
• Malnutrition - in this case, the basis of the problem lies not only in the fact that eating food brings satisfaction and “a well-fed person is a happy person”. When we sit on debilitating diets or simply do not hope to eat, blood glucose levels decrease. In response, the brain begins to synthesize cortisol, which is a stress hormone, because of which a person begins to experience anger, is prone to aggression and mood deterioration (sadness).
• Abuse of caffeine - caffeine not only helps to cheer up, excessive coffee consumption provokes irritability and nervousness. That is, addiction to coffee can negatively affect the emotional state, causing spontaneous bouts of sadness. nine0003
• A chemical imbalance in the brain or depression - in this case we are talking about insufficient synthesis of neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin (they are also known as hormones of happiness). As a result, a person for no reason can become not only sad, but also prone to irritability, loss of interest in favorite activities, and seclusion.
• Thyroid disorder - thyroid hormones produced by the thyroid gland play an important role in the regulation of many body processes. Pathologies of the thyroid gland are often accompanied by an unstable emotional state, and this can be one of the hidden causes of unreasonable sadness. In such situations, you can stop feeling sad only by visiting an endocrinologist and undergoing treatment. nine0003
• Sleep apnea – we are back to sleep deprivation, but now it is caused by sleep apnea, which provokes respiratory disorders, which negatively affects the quality of sleep.
• Stroke - the consequences of this dangerous pathology affect the activity of the brain, which often causes a deterioration in mood and, as a result, sadness.
• Allergies - Allergic reactions, in particular gluten intolerance, contribute to depressive symptoms. Other types of allergies also contribute to the appearance of sadness, which may be due to many contributing factors. nine0003
• Vitamin deficiency – in particular, the appearance of unreasonable sadness contributes to the deficiency of vitamins D and B12.
The psychologist explained what to do when you feel sad and want to cry for no reason
When asked why you want to cry and how to deal with it, many psychologists agree that it is necessary to understand the causes of a melancholic state. However, this is not always possible, especially if a person does not seek professional help. The fact is that the true reasons are often hidden, rooted deep in childhood, etc. nine0003
Therefore, one of the universal pieces of advice that helps many people is not to hold back tears. In some cases, it’s not worth figuring out exactly why you want to cry, it’s better to just cry properly. Thus, the body and the human psyche are freed from the burden of emotions, accumulated resentment and stress.
Perhaps your psyche just needs to unload, in which case this advice can really help. If, after crying out “all your soul”, you did not feel better or the relief was very short, you should contact a psychologist and undergo a therapeutic course. nine0003
• nervous tension and concomitant release of adrenaline, cortisol, norepinephrine, which exhaust the body;
• the influence of external factors on the psyche, including quarrels with loved ones, problems at work, too busy schedule, etc.
10 simple ways to overcome melancholy and melancholy
In cases where a person tends to be constantly sad and the reason is not in severe pathological conditions, psychologists recommend trying the following ways to deal with melancholy and melancholy:
• A leisurely walk - when your heart is heavy and cats scratching, staying at home is not the best option. Get rid of worries, go for a walk, go to your favorite place, preferably closer to nature. Such walks and contemplation of the surrounding beauties contribute to the clarification of consciousness and cheer up.
• Communication with friends is another very effective advice, because meeting with friends allows you to escape from all the difficulties and understand that there are many reasons for joy in life. Get distracted, laugh, remember funny cases and you will immediately feel better. nine0003
• The psychology of beauty and care - self-care can be a good way to get rid of a bad mood. Go to the hairdresser, beauty salon, do makeup or body peeling, take a bath with aromatic salts, all this will have a beneficial effect on your general and psychological state.
• Shopping is an effective way to lift your spirits, especially for women. At the same time, it is not even necessary to buy something expensive and in large quantities. Often the very process of going shopping and acquiring some pleasant little things dispels all longing. nine0003
• Movies and music - watching your favorite movie or listening to music that you like will help dispel sadness and sadness. Both options will help distract you from depressing thoughts, or maybe bring back pleasant memories that will take you out of the blues.
• Physical activity for health and mood – it's not for nothing that they say that a healthy mind lives in a healthy body. If you have a free moment and you feel sad, go for a run or do fitness, physical activity always improves your mood and allows you to collect your thoughts. nine0003
• The Internet – today, the Internet is present in the life of almost every person, it is a good way to get distracted. If you are sad, it will be especially useful to read something interesting, developing, to chat with friends with whom there is no opportunity to meet.
• Psychology of development of creativity - any creative activities activate the brain and contribute to satisfaction. Find a hobby for yourself, try to draw something, write a poem, do knitting, with such activities you definitely won’t want to be sad, cry, get angry or scream. nine0003
• Rearranging the house - changing the environment in your apartment or house is a creative and exciting process. In addition, even minor changes will help bring some variety to your daily life.
• Change of image - many psychologists advise their patients who are worried about sadness and melancholy to change their image. In some cases, along with the image, the behavior of the person himself also changes, which can help overcome sadness.
• Wardrobe revision - if you don't know how to get rid of sadness, try going through your wardrobe and change something. As a rule, this process not only brings positive emotions in itself, but also cheers up if it is associated with shopping. nine0003
• Weather changes - late autumn and early spring - the time when it is cold outside, gray tones prevail outside the window, it often rains, and the daylight hours are short. At such a time, a person is seized by longing due to a combination of factors, but, fortunately, this process is temporary.
• Avitaminosis – in the fall, the abundance and availability of fruits and vegetables ends, and in the spring they still do not have time to appear on store shelves in the proper abundance. A lack of vitamins can cause beriberi, and as mentioned earlier, a deficiency of certain vitamins can make people sad. nine0003
• Reduced daylight hours - when the skin is exposed to the sun's rays, the human body increases the production of vitamin D, and at the same time, mood improves. But when the sunny day becomes short, there is a reduction in the synthesis of this vitamin, which is why the crying person in spring and autumn becomes a more common phenomenon.
To stop being sad, it is important to understand why people in general experience this negative emotion. There can be many possible reasons, above we mentioned only a part of them. But in most cases, these causes and factors can be combined into several general groups:
The state of the nervous system and emotional background is affected by many external and internal psychological factors. To understand how to stop being sad, let's analyze the most likely of these factors, because their identification can be the key to recovery:
If you feel sad and want to cry on a regular basis, such manifestations can be signs of mental disorders, including: nine0003
• PSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) - occurs after serious emotional upheavals, events that traumatize the psyche, which can have serious consequences, of which sadness and crying are not the worst.
• Panic disorder is a mental pathology accompanied by spontaneous attacks of fear and other unpleasant symptoms, one of which is sudden crying.
• Dementia is more common in older people and is accompanied by a decline in mental abilities, causing emotions to fade and often an overwhelming urge to cry. nine0003
• Depression is a severe psychological condition, accompanied by severe emotional depression that does not go away for months. A depressed person is so depressed that they often cry for no apparent reason.
Changes in the internal organs
If you feel sad and want to cry, this may be the result of disturbances in the work of certain organs and body systems. For example, mood changes and tearfulness are direct symptoms of such diseases:
• hormonal disorders and pathology of the reproductive system in women;
• endocrine disorders such as hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism or diabetes mellitus;
• various brain lesions, including strokes, multiple sclerosis, consequences of traumatic brain injury, etc.
Why do people feel sad
• One's own actions - it is not only about bad actions towards others, which a person regrets and is sad because of this. Sadness can be caused by one's own lack of initiative, a feeling of self-pity, even a banal unwillingness to go to an unloved job. nine0003
• Influence of others - in the question of how to get rid of sadness, experienced experts recommend taking a closer look at your surroundings. The emergence of sadness may be the result of a negative attitude towards you from friends, bosses, colleagues. Even ordinary things can depress you, for example, the haughty tone of the boss or the unwillingness of your subordinates to work, although these factors may have always been present and you did not attach importance to them earlier.
• Loneliness - a person is a social being and being alone with himself for a long time, he can be overcome by seemingly unreasonable bouts of sadness and even apathy. Therefore, when you are sad and lonely, try to meet with friends, relatives more often, or at least just get out of the house and take a walk in a crowded place. nine0003
This list of cause-and-effect relationships of the occurrence of sadness can also be supplemented, but the above are the most common and characteristic examples for the human psyche that strongly affect mood.
When should you see a doctor? Already such feelings and emotions can become a reason to turn to a psychologist. The point is, you don't have to see a professional just if you can't stop being sad on your own. nine0003
The urgency of going to a psychologist appears already when you are very sad and it is not necessary that this state last for months. Perhaps you just need to talk to a person who will listen and give some practical advice so that everything falls into place and your mood improves.
Even if it turns out that your problem is deeper, you still can't go wrong. In this case, the specialist will help identify the causes of sadness and your tears, help to cope with the current situation. Therefore, if you have a question - “what to do when you are sad?”, You can safely go to a psychologist and not think that someone will judge you for this or you will seem like a weak person. Remember, you are acting in your own interests, for your own well-being, and this is the right step! nine0003
What to do if you feel sad and want to cry - 12 simple tips
Sadness is familiar to everyone. You sit in front of the computer like this in autumn and are a little depressed that the summer is over. Light memories came flooding back. And you don’t know what to do if you feel sad and want to cry.
This is familiar to everyone and this is a normal emotional state. Of course, if it's not pathological sadness. Always after the fun there is a little sadness, so our psyche rests and recovers in order to recharge with positive again. nine0003
Is sadness a feeling or an emotion?
Sadness is the weakest of negative emotions. It happens to everyone and it is necessary to recognize that sadness is a natural process of restoring our emotional state. The psyche is thus protected from overvoltage. Everything is simple here, if today it’s really fun, usually the next day it’s a little sad and you miss the past coins.
Many people confuse sadness and depression, yet these are different states, although in fact the difference in them is only in the intensity of influence on a person and emotional state. Apathy, by the way, is also not suitable for sadness. nine0003
Notice that usually when you are sad, you want to cry, and tears are cleansing. Everything that we have cried is cleared from our psyche. Therefore, I do not recommend never holding back tears, but crying well.
What to do if you feel sad and want to cry for no reason?
Many girls ask psychologists this question. And our answer is, cry, the more the better. It is necessary to make sure that tears completely cleanse your “soul”. Do not even try to look for the cause of your sadness, it can be absolutely any situation from the past, present and even future. nine0003
Sadness is like a small fly in the ointment in a big barrel of honey; without it one cannot feel full-fledged emotions of happiness. Imagine what would happen if you were always happy? Most likely, the very state of happiness will be devalued, since the negative is not experienced. And here it’s just like training our psyche, that after sadness, a sip of happiness is a strong reward and therefore the psyche pushes people to spiritual development.
10 ways to stop being sad
Now let's get down to what you were looking for this article for. About ways to stop being sad and enter a neutral state, and from there into a positive one. I repeat once again, the state of sadness is normal. You don't have to run away from it right away. Everything is fine. nine0003
1. Eat a chocolate bar
Chocolate. It has a lot of useful things if it is made from high-quality chocolate. It perfectly cheers up and stimulates brain activity well, so if you need to quickly come to a state of happiness, then you need to eat a couple of tiles.
2. Positive lifestyle №1
The meaning of this statement lies in the technique, which I will now tell you about. If you want to shake up your psyche in order to be at least sad, but at most to be in a cheerful state with a smile on your face. It is necessary to do such things. Every day while you shower or brush your teeth, remember the positive things in your life. nine0003
When going to the toilet, also remember the positive moments of your life, rejoice in them, enjoy them. When you wash in the shower, also think about pleasant moments. To be honest, it's hard to get yourself out of this state. But diligence is worth it, after the psyche is rebuilt, that you see only the positive in everything, positive desires will begin to come true. It's about the materialization of thoughts and all that. In general, if you want your life to turn around dramatically, you should think about changing negative thoughts to positive ones. nine0003
3. Positive lifestyle №2
The next step on the way to quickly get out of sadness. It consists in bringing yourself into a state of sadness as much as possible. The faster you get the bottom of sadness, the faster the exit to a positive state will be.
Sit and feel that sadness comes over and there is no desire to sit and be sad, then drive yourself into the strongest sadness as much as possible. Just to the point of absurdity, begin to be sad about everything. You can exaggerate 10 times.
When the psyche gets tired of being sad and it has enough, it will begin to lead to a neutral state from the beginning, and then to a positive one. This is how our psyche works.
Smile on the face
Smile heals. A smile heals everything. Everything that you turn with your inner eye with a smile begins to heal. It's like mental pain, sadness, bad mood, depression and so on. Everything starts to heal.
If you need to quickly remove sadness, then just start smiling with your mouth and belly. Understand how cool it works and brings joy. nine0003
5. Ice cream
Where without ice cream. Even in foreign films they show when people are sad they eat ice cream with spoons straight from the cans. The method is good, but the figure greatly affects. Therefore, you can eat a couple of glasses, but you should not abuse them.
Favorite movie. It can be sad, but it can be funny. In any case, it will play a positive benefit for you. A positive film will lead to positive, and a sad film will lead to even greater sadness, and then the psyche will independently go into a neutral state, from where it will be easier to become positive by willpower. nine0003
7. What should I do to make myself feel sad?
No matter how sad you are, delete Instagram and don't watch your VK feed. All these photos posted there from resorts, with expensive cars, from fitness centers, are not always reliable. The less you look at other people's photos and achievements, the less sadness you have. Really, delete Instagram. Compare yourself only to yourself.
8. Go to the store
For girls, go to the store, buy some clothes, that's enough. It is not necessary to change the entire wardrobe, so there will not be enough money. nine0003
For men, a trip to the store is also suitable, to buy something for a car, or for home brewing. And in general, you can always buy a moonshine still or a brewery, get down to business by the new year and there will be no time to be sad.
9. Go to the cinema
Such a common advice, go to the cinema, suddenly something interesting is being shown today. For example, I haven’t been to the cinema for a long time, I’m probably a little sad in life, although sometimes it happens. You can choose any film, in the cinema they look different, even good, even bad. Even if the movie is bad, you still don't want to go home to the floor of the movie. Who am I kidding, this happens too. nine0003
10. Play games.
There is a lot of entertainment today, just download a certain game on your smartphone and you will be happy. Just enough to distract from sadness and everything will be fine. You can download an old game on your computer, such as SIMS 3 and so on. To be nostalgic.
I write about meditations in every article, as they are a real practical way to achieve any level of state that is needed. If you need to be in the positive, there will be a positive, in the negative, there will be a negative, and that's it. What is meditation and how to meditate properly. nine0003
12. Get enough sleep
Good and proper sleep is the main key to success for people who want to always be energetic, make good money and be in good shape. During sleep, our energy is restored, muscles and brain rest. If you sleep well and properly, then you will be sad very rarely.
Prevention of sadness
In order to be at least sad in life, you need to live your life as much as possible. Do not regret what you have done and do what you dreamed about. But I understand that fears, insecurities, make us sit in one place with our hands folded. nine0003
Buy vitamins, take more vitamins, because vitamins are translated as life. The more nutrients in the body, the less he wants to be sad.
Engage in spiritual practices, cleanse the body of unnecessary, negative thoughts. It is negative thoughts from the past that constantly bring us back, and we stop living here and now. All our problems are from childhood. But the psyche is treated and it can be corrected. You can always change your attitude towards the past in order to change the future. nine0003
More sports, even just walking for 60 minutes a day will give serious results to a positive emotional state. Read an additional article on how to start running from scratch.
Sleep more, get plenty of good sleep, restore your body, it will be grateful.
Associate only with those who cause pleasure from communication, but try to avoid negative people. Even if you think that you cannot get rid of such an environment, think, think again, it is of no use. On the contrary, it plunges into a complete swamp of negativity.