Famous quotes about yourself
Quotes About Being Yourself | Keep Inspiring Me
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. See our disclosure for more info.
These quotes about being yourself will help you determine your own identity and live the life you want for yourself.
How many times each day do you mean to say one thing, and say another instead, because you’re worried about what others might think?
How often do you wake up in the morning with one idea in mind for what you want to accomplish, only to find yourself doing something else because of social pressures or personal anxieties?
No lifetime, no matter how successful, will be truly rewarding or happy if you cannot learn to love yourself and be yourself.
It may seem hard, but great people throughout history who have struggled to find their identities, too. Just as they rose to the challenge, you too can learn how to be yourself.
Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive.Gerard Way
You’ve got to be yourself, and if you’re not, you’re a phony. It comes shining through if you’re not careful.Jack Harbaugh
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.Bernard Baruch
Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.Allen Ginsberg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.Ralph Waldo Emerson
Always be yourself. At the end of the day, that’s all you’ve really got; when you strip everything down, that’s all you’ve got, so always be yourself.Al Roker
You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.Maya Angelou
“Be yourself, but always your better self.” – Karl G. Maeser
About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.Rita Mae Brown
You cannot change what you are, only what you do.Philip Pullman
You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?Dr. Seuss
I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.Coco Chanel
Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.Judy Garland
“Just be yourself, there is no one better.” – Taylor Swift
I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.Mahatma Gandhi
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.E.E. Cummings
God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.William Shakespeare
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.Friedrich Nietzsche
Where’s your will to be weird?Jim Morrison
If you cannot be a poet, be the poem.David Carradine
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.Oscar Wilde
I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves.Steve Maraboli
There is nothing more awful, insulting, and depressing than banality.Anton Chekhov
I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, that I will do strongly before the sun and moon whatever only rejoices me, and the heart appoints.Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Follow your own star!” – Dante Alighieri
Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.Homer
If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?RuPaul
They can’t scare me if I scare them first.Lady Gaga
Find out who you are and do it on purpose.Dolly Parton
Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.Gianni Versace
An unfulfilled vocation drains the color from a man’s entire existence.Balzac
When I was a child my mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk, you’ll be the pope.’ Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.Picasso
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.Marilyn Monroe
Don’t let others box you into their idea of what they think you should be. A confined identity is a miserable way to exist. Be you and live free. Trust that in living true to yourself, you will attract people that support and love you, just as you are.Jaeda deWalt
To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.Bono
“The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
If you want to be yourself, sometimes you can’t compare the economic benefit with art.Kelly Liang
Learn to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not.Henri Frederic Amiel
Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.Benjamin Disraeli
If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise.Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
One’s real life is often the life that one does not lead.Oscar Wilde
We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin.Andre Berthiaume
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.Andre Gide
Taking into account the public’s regrettable lack of taste, it is incumbent upon you not to fit in.Janeane Garofalo
Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.Angelina Jolie
“Existence wants you to be you.” – Osho
How many more of us are faking the facade? How many more of us are pretending to be something we’re not? Even better, how many of us will have the courage to be ourselves regardless of what others think?Katie McGarry
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.Roy T. Bennett
I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.Rita Mae Brown
Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.Bruce Lee
You just have to be yourself and go full with confidence and be courageous.Gabby Douglas
If you can just be yourself, then you have to be original because there’s no one like you.Marc Newsom
It sounds so simple, but if you just be yourself, you’re different than anyone else.Tony Bennett
To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.Bindi Irwin
Be yourself is about the worst advice you can give to some people.J. B. Priestley
“You can’t believe how hard it is to be yourself.” – Chris Collinsworth
Don’t worry about what the people say; be yourself, say what you want to say with respect.Mariano Rivera
The secret to success is to be yourself.S. Sreesanth
When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.Lao Tzu
Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.Harvey Fierstein
Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.Brian Tracy
Never apologize for being yourself.Paolo Coelho
Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.Steve Jobs
You must not be afraid of your uniqueness and you must care less and less what people think of you.Robert Greene
No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.Buckminster Fuller
When someone is properly grounded in life, they shouldn’t have to look outside themselves for approval.Epictetus
“The superior man follows nobody else’s path.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
Don’t believe you have to be like anybody to be somebody.Nike
Don’t let other people decide who you are.Bob Goff
You change the world by being yourself.Yoko Ono
Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to you, and stay.Will Smith
When you see a mob doing something, it should make you less likely to do it yourself, not more likely.Paul Graham
A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.G.K. Chesterton
You, being yourself, unknowingly inspire others to be themselves.Mooji
The imitator dooms himself to hopeless mediocrity.Ralph Waldo Emerson
The world just wants your authentic truth.Gabby Bernstein
“You eliminate competition by being yourself.” – Dan Go
Large groups are no place for smart people.Naval Ravikant
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.Coco Chanel
Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.John F. Kennedy
I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.Bertrand Russell
This above all: to thine own self be true.William Shakespeare, Hamlet
At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time.Friedrich Nietzsche
They laugh at me because I’m different; I laugh at them because they’re all the same.Kurt Cobain
I would rather die having spoken in my manner, than speak in your manner and live.Socrates
“Conformity gets you nowhere.” – Neil Strauss
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.E.E. Cummings
Appear as you are, be as you appear.Rumi
I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.Carl Jung
You want to be uncommon amongst uncommon people. Period.David Goggins
The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.Peter Thiel
Only dead fish go with the flow.Derek Sivers
A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself-and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is.Jim Morrison
Don’t dilute yourself for any person or any reason. You are enough! Be unapologetically you.Steve Mariboli
It’s hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world.Dolly Parton
“When you are in your own lane there is no traffic. ” – Ashley France
Consult your conscience; rather than popular opinion.Pubilius Syrus
Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at anytime and be yourself.Hermann Hesse
Don’t try to impress people. Always be yourself.Bella Thorne
We hope that these quotes about being yourself have inspired to take your own path.
It’s not always easy to be yourself, but part of that stems from learning to love and respect yourself as you are. These sayings remind us that others have faced that struggle with their self esteem and the judgment of others and won!
50 [BEST] Quotes About Being Yourself (in 2022)
No lifetime, no matter how successful it may be, will truly be fulfilling or worthwhile if you cannot learn to be yourself and love that person.
Just as others have risen to the challenge, you too can discover the true you. Learn to stand your ground and be proud of who you really are.
Be your own best friend because if you’re not, who is?
As with any other good friend, be kind, be loving, be tolerant, be compassionate.
Isn’t it shocking how media is trying to manipulate you these days? On the one hand tells you how you deserve everything and on the other hand, tells you how you’re never good enough.
Feel that you’re enough and improve yourself for your benefit not because someone is telling that you need to change.
We’ll not talk today about the virtues of authenticity (even though it’s so fashionable…). Being yourself doesn’t necessarily means to be authentic all the time. Authenticity means more to be naked in front of everyone; being yourself means to bring out the best in you, strive to put forward your best foot.
Allowing yourself to be yourself is a sign of self-respect, strength, and wisdom. Let’s face it, no matter how much you try you can’t be for too long someone else. Is it not? Besides, what will be the point? The world needs you as you are!
Improve your self-esteem starting from the knowledge that you are good enough as you are today. Low self-esteem is not a consequence of not being enough; it’s a consequence of thinking that you’re not enough. Feeling good and comfortable in your own skin is not a consequence of how much others like you; it’s a consequence of you liking yourself.
May these 50 best quotes about being yourself help you stay true:
1. Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be.
2. You cannot change what you are, only what you do. – Philip Pullman
3. You were born an original. Don’t die a copy. – John Mason
4. It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. – Andre Gide
5. In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
6. Believing in our hearts that who we are is enough is the key to a more satisfying and balanced life. – Ellen Sue Stern
7. Originality is… a by-product of sincerity. – Marianne Moore
8. Faithless To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are. – Malcolm S. Forbes
10. Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
11. To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections. – Sandra Bierig
12. We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us. – Virginia Satir
13. Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own. – Angelina Jolie
14. Being true to yourself is better than being a liar.
15. Just because they disagree, doesn’t mean you ain’t right. – Toba Beta
16. I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it. – Johnny Depp
17. Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own? – Brigham Young
18. No one is you and that is your power.
19. Never dull your shine for somebody else. – Tyra Banks
20. Don’t let others box you into their idea of what they think you should be. A confined identity is a miserable way to exist. Be you and live free. Trust that in living true to yourself, you will attract people that support and love you, just as you are. – Jaeda deWalt
21. As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethet
22. Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire. – St. Catherine of Sienna
23. Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner. – Lao Tzu
24. Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness. – Allen Ginsberg
25. Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric. – Bertrand Russell
26. Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses. – Brian Tracy
27. Just be you, be beautiful and be comfortable in your own skin. – Helen Edwards
28. Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else. – Judy Garland
29. Take care not to listen to anyone who tells you what you can and can’t be in life. – Meg Medina
30. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain
31. We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin. – Andre Berthiaume
32. Don’t doubt your value. Don’t run from who you are. – Aslan
33. Don’t compromise even if it hurts to be yourself. – Toby Keith
34. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. – Oscar Wilde
35. Not everyone will understand you or get your energy. Don’t worry about pleasing everyone, just worry about becoming your best self.
36. Never be ashamed of yourself. Be proud of who you are, and don’t worry about how others see you.
37. Stop hating yourself for everything you are not, and start loving yourself for everything you already are.
38. Don’t be afraid of being different, be afraid of being the same as everyone else.
39. Always stay true to yourself and never sacrifice who you are for anyone.
40. Do not compare your life to others. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time.
41. You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.
42. Never let them put you in a box.
43. Why fit in when you were born to stand out! – Dr. Seuss
44. Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.
45. When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t. – Jodi Picoult
46. You are not your parents; you are you. Think like you.
47. Authenticity: The courage to be yourself.
48. You are the only one who can limit your greatness. Remember that you are enough.
49. The greatest challenge in life is discovering who you are. The second greatest is being happy with what you find.
50. To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. – E.E. Cummings
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Self Quotes - ReadRate
No matter what, remember: you have yourself. We collected wise thoughts from the world of literature about how important it is for a person to love and appreciate himself. There will always be time to scold.
Quotes about yourself are not pathetic phrases and sayings of famous people. This is a reminder to everyone: take care of yourself, love and respect yourself - the most normal thing in the world.
In daily routines, and even more so in difficult times for the world, it is easy for a person to forget about himself. It seems that thinking about your desires and needs when someone is much worse is a manifestation of terrible selfishness. It so happened that many in life push their interests to the background. Especially when they bear the burden of responsibility for the family, subordinates or clients.
Constantly thinking about others and forgetting about yourself is not a good strategy. Be kinder to yourself and in no case confuse selfishness and banal concern for your own spiritual and bodily health.
Quotes about myself - rather than about us, but for us. Read the thoughts of great authors about respect, self-worth and self-love.
"Love for yourself is the basis for loving another person."
Tit Nat Khan
“You are braver than you think. Stronger than you think. And smarter than you think."
Alan Milne. “Winnie the Pooh and all-all-all”
“Be yourself. Other roles are already taken. Oscar Wilde Jane Eyre
Selfishness is a symptom of a lack of self-love. He who does not love himself is always worried about himself.
“If this burden is mine, then I can handle it.”
Margaret Mitchell. Gone with the Wind
"Once you gain confidence in yourself, you will learn to live."
"Self-love, my lord, is not such a vile sin as neglect of oneself."
William Shakespeare. "Henry V"
"If you want to be loyal to someone or something, start by being loyal to yourself."
“There is a test to determine whether your mission on Earth is completed or not. If you're still alive, then it's not finished."
"Respect yourself, love yourself, because there has never been a person like you and never will be."
"I withdraw into myself and open up the whole world. "
By tradition, we duplicate the quotes below. This will make it easier for you to save them all in one fell swoop.
- “Love for yourself is the foundation for loving another person.” (Tit Nat Khan)
- "You are braver than you think. Stronger than you think. And smarter than you think." (Alan Milne. "Winnie the Pooh and all-all-all")
- “Be yourself. Other roles are already taken. (Oscar Wilde)
- "...respect yourself so much that you do not give all the strength of your soul and heart to someone who does not need it..." (Charlotte Bronte. "Jane Eyre")
- "If I got this burden, then I can handle it." (Margaret Mitchell. "Gone with the Wind")
- “Egoism is a symptom of a lack of self-love. He who does not love himself is always worried about himself. (Erich Fromm)
- "Once you gain confidence in yourself, you will learn to live" . ( Johann Goethe)
- "Self-love, my lord, is not such a vile sin as self-neglect. " (William Shakespeare. "Henry V")
- "If you want to be loyal to someone or something, start by being loyal to yourself." (Paulo Coelho)
- “There is a test to determine whether your mission on Earth is completed or not. If you're still alive, then it's not finished." (Richard Bach)
- "Respect yourself, love yourself, because there has never been a person like you and never will be again." (Osho)
- "I withdraw into myself and discover the whole world." (Johann Goethe)
Finally, we want to say: it's not a shame to worry and root for yourself. Only by keeping yourself whole and healthy, you can survive any adversity. If you are still worried about the selfishness of such a desire, know that by taking care of yourself, you do better for those to whom you are dear.
You may also like the material with quotes about what it's like to be human.
Quotes about myself with meaning
Quotes about myself with meaning - I withdraw into myself and open the whole world. Goethe
I am not an artist, but I paint my dreams. I am not a writer, but I am writing my book of life.
I'm smart, although I don't look like me.
I can't stand it when people expect something from me. I immediately want to do the opposite.
Dimly, deep down, we know who we really are. This is the sorrow of our soul: we are not who we would like to be. Aldous Huxley
Call me whatever instrument you like, you can upset me, but you can't play me. W. Shakespeare. Hamlet
I roll where the puck will be, not where it was. Wayne Gretzky
One of my downsides is that I forgive people for things that are not forgiven, and I get offended by the most ordinary little things.
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must move. Albert Einstein
So many stones have been thrown at me that none of them is scary anymore. Anna Akhmatova
“Getting old is boring, but this is the only way to live long” Sainte-Beuve
Know yourself? If I knew myself, I would run away in fear. Goethe
At 18 you care what people think of you; at 40 you don't give a damn about what people think of you; at 60 you already know that no one has thought of you at all... John Fowles
Never give up on something that makes you smile. Heath Ledger
The weather is so wonderful outside, there is nothing to complain about. And I love to whine! This fucking good weather ruined everything...
I want love and affection, but there are noodles and fairy tales all around!
Do not rush to talk about yourself. The conversation about you will start as soon as you leave. Al Pacino.
… respect yourself enough not to give all the strength of your soul and heart to someone who does not need it… Charlotte Brontë. Jane Eyre
If God wants to make you happy, then he leads you on the most difficult path, because there are no easy paths to happiness. Dalai Lama
I have a lot of friends, but few friends, real ones, for life, those who are ready to lend a shoulder to you in difficult times, who rejoice at your luck, perhaps more than you yourself.
My biggest regret in my life is that I never learned to speak frankly with my parents, especially with my father. David Bowie
If you think you can do it, and if you think you can't, you'll be right anyway. Henry Ford
I'm not leaving. Sometimes I just don't. E. M. Remarque
Everything we lose will surely come back to us, but not always in the way we expect. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
I try to live like ordinary people live. As soon as a fighter considers himself great, he will lose. Fedor Emelianenko
Being unhappy is a habit. Being happy is also a habit. The choice is yours. Tom Hopkins
"If you can dream, you can make your dreams come true" Disney Walt
Growing up, I read so many role models in books. For the most part, they taught me what to do and when, how to behave. Neil Gaiman
I live in the moment. And he's wonderful. Jean Paul Belmondo
I will not waste the days of my life in pursuit of prolonging them. Ian Fleming
It seems to me that if there is absolute happiness, it is the feeling of being in the right place and with the right person. Yes Soya
"The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer someone up" Mark Twain
Nothing destroys a person so much as prolonged inactivity. Aristotle
I couldn't sleep... I started counting sheep and eventually... I met a shepherd.
If suddenly you become bad for someone, it means that a lot of good has been done for this person. Leo Tolstoy
You have to live in such a way that even the bastards remember you.
"I convinced myself that I should trust more those who teach than those who give orders" Augustine Aurelius
I don't know how to make a smart face, a smile sets me up! Juliana Wilson
Only the surrounding public makes me stupid and rude… Andrey Belyanin. Aargh in the Elfhouse
Actually, I'm anti-social. It's not that I don't like people, I just don't care about them.