Written psychological exam questions
Police Psych Exam | Police Test Prep
Police Psych Exam Prep
A formal Psychological Exam will be conducted as an oral interview with a trained specialist or psychologist. This is different from Personality or Work Style exams that are given early in the process.
Because of the cost of conducting this test, the full psych exam is normally given at the end of the police hiring process. Many questions will be based upon your personal experiences as mentioned on your application. It can easily take over 1 hour since it is very interactive.
The Psych exam gives the examiner a reading about your personality and character. The test can identify tendencies of being honest or dishonest, being over aggressive or overly timid, extroverted or introverted, outgoing or reclusive. These tests give the psychologist insight into traits that may or may not be suitable for a law enforcement position. They are important because obviously police work involves lots of stress and you are carrying a deadly weapon!Psychological Screening for Police Officers
Police Psych Exam Prep
Most psychology exams will measure five personality traits:
· Conscientiousness and
Conscientiousness is a big word with a big meaning. It means that people can depend upon you to do the job. It is as simple as that! A person who has a strong determination to do his or her duties is a valuable asset for any employer. Within these five dimensions, a trained psychologist can detect many things about your work ethic, you level of cooperation, your degree of restlessness, how you respond to supervision, your bias or lack of bias, and much more.Police Psych Exam Questions
Police Psych Exam Prep
Prepare for the Police Psych Exam
There are several different styles of questions that the psych examiner may ask you.
The question, “Tell me about yourself,” is an Unstructured style question? Other examples might be,
· “What do you like to do in your spare time?” or
· “Why do you want to be a police officer?”
You need to anticipate how you will answer such open-ended questions.
Structured questions will usually be in written form and can be True/False questions, or more likely, in the form of multiple-choice questions with 5 answer choices as shown here. Typical questions might be:
· I am a “worrier.”
· I make friends easily.
· I have a vivid imagination.
· I trust others.
· I always do a good job.
You are given a five answer choices as shown here. How would you answer these questions?
Neutral - Unsure
You can prepare for the Police Psych Exam
Even though you are going to be honest, there are important things you need to know about how best to answer question on the psych exam. Nothing in life is absolute and there are grey areas in all questions and answers. Learning how to navigate these grey areas is the key to passing the psych exam or not.
There is an excellent prep course that will educate you about the entire process and give you a simulated practice session. You will learn how to fine-tune your attitudes in order to come across best.
It is terribly frustrating for applicants to fail this final step in the police hiring process! So get prepared!
The prep course is Mastering the Psych Exam by Sgt. Godoy.
This course is already included with PoliceExam911, described next.
Looking for the Best Police Test Prep Course?
Best Police Test Prep is PoliceExam911
If you are applying for a position in law enforcement, you will need to prepare to pass a wide variety of tests including the: Police Written Exam, Polygraph, Psych Exam and Oral Interview. Learn why PoliceExam911 by Sgt. George Godoy has earned the highest customer satisfaction ratings as measured by ShopperApproved™.
Sgt. Godoy also offers a wide variety of of 5-star prep courses for specific topics like Mastering the Polygraph, the Psych Exam, the Oral Interview and more. Visit his store here.
Subscribe & Receive Free Prep Course
This may be your first experience speaking to a professional in the psychology field. There isn't a great deal of advice to provide for you at this stage other than:
2) Be Honest
Professional psychologists or psychiatrists will not expect you to put on a show. They will be able to tell if you are trying to hide something, or answering questions in a dishonest manner in an attempt to impress them. DO NOT DO THIS. If you are asked how you are feeling, and there is something wrong, admit it. Everything you say will be kept in confidence.
Other strategies you can use to succeed at this stage are similar to the tactics that you would employ during an interview: maintain eye contact, shake hands, and be respectful.
Standardized Psychological Tests
Standardized psychological tests such as the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2™ consist of hundreds of True-False questions. Two major reasons psychologically healthy people can fail these tests are attempting to memorize patterns and reading meaning into the questions.
You have to look at each question individually. If you try to remember your previous answers or establish patterns, you may unintentionally demonstrate an undesirable trait, which could keep you from the job. Your score could also be invalid because you were not answering honestly. The test picks up discrepancies due to dishonesty. There are too many questions to remember previous answers and you will confuse yourself and risk failing the test if you attempt to memorize your answers.
Reading Meanings into Questions
A second fatal mistake is to read meaning into the questions. People often look at a simple question and ask, "What are they trying to figure out?" This type of thinking will cause problems for you. You may find a question like the one below on a psychological test.
Do you like little boys? True False
Some applicants would choose false believing that the test is attempting to uncover a sexual deviation. However, if an applicant answers false, what does that say? Why doesn’t the applicant like little boys?
Whenever you encounter a question you are not sure how to answer, ask yourself the opposite question. This can clear up any problems you may have with the question. For example:
Do you not like little boys? True False
Once you have selected an answer, move on. Worrying about your answer is pointless, and no one answer will fail you, or create a problem with your score. What these tests search for are patterns in your answers. Answering each question honestly and treating each question independently is the best strategy for standardized psychological tests.
Many police services are now performing suitability testing to screen applicants. The tests involve questions about your preferences, opinions about society, workplace procedures and your personal history. These tests will often involve a large number or questions, and you will be much better off if you answer each question honestly.
In order to feel confident about your responses, it would be a good idea to review the material in the resume and interview sections. In these sections there is a great deal of information on what police services are looking for.
Police forces want to fill positions with people who fit their needs. It is important to determine what competencies are required for the job. Below is a list of core competencies that police forces are searching for.
The ability to analyze situations and events in a logical way, and to organize the parts of a problem systematically.
Self - Confidence
A belief in your capabilities and recognition of personal limitations.
You must have the skills to effectively communicate using listening skills and verbal and written communications skills.
Flexibility / Valuing Diversity
As a police officer, you will have to work with a wide cross-section of the community that includes diverse backgrounds, cultures and socio-economic circumstances. You must have the ability to adapt your approach to each situation.
Self - Control
Policing can be extremely stressful. You must establish that you can control your emotions actions when provoked.
Developing contacts and relationships both within and outside the police service is extremely valuable.
You must demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement in service and accomplishments.
The ability to seek out and analyze information from various sources before making decisions.
Concern for Safety
The ability to exercise caution in hazardous situations in order to ensure safety to self and others.
The capacity to use authority confidently and to set and enforce rules appropriately.
Demonstrated proficiency to be self-motivated and self-directed in identifying and addressing important issues.
Willing to act with others by seeking their input, encouraging their participation and sharing information.
Negotiation / Facilitation
The ability to influence and persuade others by anticipating and addressing their interests and perspectives.
The ability to develop and maintain systems for organizing information and activities.
Community Service Orientation
Proven commitment to helping or serving others.
Commitment to Learning
Demonstrated pattern of activities that contribute to personal and professional growth.
A capacity for understanding the dynamics of organizations, including the formal and informal cultures and decision-making processes.
Commitment to helping others improve their skills.
A couple of extra points you should consider. Police services are after:
- Goal oriented people.
- People who take responsibility for their actions for both positive and negative results.
- Pro-active people.
- People who have self control.
Many of the questions are going to be personal in nature. There are no right or wrong answers, it all depends on your personal background. For example, if you are asked whether you get bored at work, that would depend on the type of person you are and the type of job you have. Below are some questions you may encounter on these types of tests.
You will be asked to select between two statements you may or may not like or about ways in which you may or may not feel. You have to choose one answer which more accurately reflects you.
A – I like to hear people praise me.
B – I like to set goals and work towards accomplishing them.
Another example would be:
A – I feel drepressed when I am unsuccessful in a task.
B – I feel nervous speaking before a group.
If neither describes how you feel, you should select the option that is most like you.
Opinions about Society
You will be given two statements about society. You will be asked to select the option you more strongly believe.
A – People who are successful get there through hard work.
B – People who are successful are for the most part lucky.
Work Place Procedures
You will be given two statements about what occurs in many work places. You will be asked to agree, disagree or feel uncertain.
For most people, how much they get paid is the most important part of the job.
Agree – Uncertain – Disagree.
If you put your mind to it, most people can learn how to do more than one job.
Agree – Uncertain – Disagree.
You will have to respond True or False to a personal question about yourself.
People who know me, say that I am even tempered.
True – False
When working, I easily get bored.
True – False
Psychological ⚠️ testing for admission to medical college
One of the entrance tests for mastering some middle-level medical professions is psychological testing. We tell you why it is needed and how to get through it.
What is psychological testing in a medical college
An applicant who chooses to study at a medical college must be savvy in specialized subjects, such as biology and chemistry. Knowledge upon admission to a medical college is not checked by exams, but by a “competition of certificates”. The educational institution sets the passing score. This is regulated by paragraph 4 of Art. 111 of Federal Law No. 273-FZ "On Education in the Russian Federation". nine0003
In addition to knowledge, when applying, it is also important to show the psychological readiness to be a doctor. After all, it is a difficult profession that requires certain qualities from a person. This is dictated not only by common sense, but also by the law "On Education in the Russian Federation" - in paragraph 4 of Art. 68. It says that when applying for training in educational programs of secondary vocational education in specialties that require certain creative abilities, physical and (or) psychological qualities, entrance tests are carried out. nine0003
In this case, we are talking about psychodiagnostic testing. It is carried out upon admission to the following specialties: "General Medicine" , "Nursing" and "Obstetrics" .Source: kino-teatr.ru
Why it is carried out
A psychological test will show whether a person has the right psychotype and a penchant for the medical profession. What are the requirements in this sense for future health workers:
- the ability to empathize or the ability to put oneself in the place of another, to understand his experiences;
- love for people, desire to help them;
- sociability and tact;
- the ability to take responsibility, be decisive and courageous;
- the ability to keep the secrets of another person;
- ability to self-discipline, healthy demands on oneself;
- the ability to keep cool in a stressful situation, to control negative emotions; nine0024
- the ability to constantly study a lot, including independently;
- broad outlook, education, high intelligence.
How testing is done
The test is not an interview with a psychologist, but a written test. A day is set. Applicants come to the audience, receive questionnaires, they are given time to mark the answer options.
Based on the test results, a decision is made - “passed” or “not passed”. The result is posted on the information stand about the admission campaign and on the college website. nine0003
Detailed data on how the applicant answered each question, what his psychotype and other personal characteristics are, are not disclosed.
How to prepare
To prepare for the test, future students are guided by similar psychological questionnaires that are publicly available on the Internet. Anyone can go online. Most likely, the test is compiled by analogy with them. But before giving examples of questionnaires, we will make an important reservation. nine0003
Questions, of course, need to be prepared. At least read what tests there are to find out more about the upcoming test. You can even figure out what answers will lead to the desired result - enrollment in colleges. But it is better to answer honestly - out of respect for a wonderful and necessary profession that requires great responsibility, dedication and decency. And out of respect for oneself - if psychodiagnostics shows "not counted", then perhaps this is a reason to reconsider priorities. Suddenly your calling is to be in a completely different area. nine0003 Source: ruskino.ru
For preparation, you can focus on the following tests:
- Klimov's differential diagnostic questionnaire . Designed to determine career guidance, motivation for various types of work. Consists of 20 pairs of statements. In each, you need to choose one that suits you best. Questions like: “Treat animals or do calculations?”, “Paint the walls of rooms or assemble and assemble machines?”, “Resolve disputes or understand drawings?”. According to the results, it turns out that the tested person belongs to one of five types of professions: "man - man", "man - technology", "man - nature", "man - sign system" or "man - artistic image". nine0024
- Schmishek-Leonhard test questionnaire . The method of personality accentuations, that is, the identification of the most pronounced, "pointed" features of character and temperament. You are offered 88 statements, for each you need to answer "yes" or "no". It is recommended not to think about the answers. Statements like: “Do you endure anger for a long time?”, “Do you often laugh?”, “Do you suffer a lot from injustice?”. The result is one of Leonhard's personality types: hyperthymic, stuck, emotive, pedantic, anxious, cycloid, demonstrative, excitable, dysthymic, or exalted. nine0024
- Holland test . Methodology of professional self-determination. Allows you to correlate inclinations and abilities with various professions. The test has 30 or more questions. Of the two professions, it is proposed to choose one, the most attractive. Questions like: “Auto mechanic or physiotherapist?”, “Driver or salesman?”, “Masseur or caregiver?”. As a result, belonging to one of six professionally oriented personality types will be revealed: realistic, artistic, social, conventional, entrepreneurial or intellectual. nine0024
When calculating the results for future doctors, it is taken into account how adequate, stress-resistant, empathic and able to communicate with people in order to really help them.
Psychotesting is just one of the tests on the path of those wishing to become doctors. After a successful admission - years of difficult study. But in any incomprehensible situation, Phoenix.Help specialists will help you figure it out.
"Psychological preparation for exams" - psychologist, events
A conversation for high school students
“How to overcome the fear of exams?”
Prepared by: practical psychologist Udachina G.S.
Reducing stressful conditions;
Improving health-saving technologies during the preparation and passing of the final attestation of students;
Teaching self-regulation skills, emotional state control; nine0003
Providing effective assistance to participants in the educational process in preparing for exams.
Exam fear assessment test
The success of an activity depends on the situation in which this activity is carried out, on the ability and motivation of the person who performs it. Both the psychological attitude towards oneself and the exam, as well as knowledge, the availability of work skills play a significant role. This test should help you and show you in which areas you have difficulties and what you should pay special attention to. nine0003
Thinking about the exam, I see how I failed.
I often think that I have a bad memory.
Teachers always catch me on questions when I don't know.
When they call me, my head is always empty.
I allow myself to be distracted during class.
I set myself learning goals, but I can't keep them.
I constantly push back the completion of school assignments to the last. nine0003
I consider any work plans superfluous.
When preparing for exams, there should be no free time for distractions.
Thinking about the exam makes my stomach feel uncomfortable.
The day before the exam, I can't find a job.
I can't relax.
I have insomnia before exams.
I can't concentrate. nine0003
I can't read any more books.
Spontaneous Relaxation Technique
Inhale slightly deeper than you normally would. Then, without holding your breath, exhale in motion. As you exhale, hold your breath for about 6-10 seconds. Decide for yourself what time is most suitable for you. Count mentally from one thousand to six thousand, ten thousand (one thousand one, one thousand two, etc. ). After you have held your breath, inhale again while moving and hold your breath for approximately 6-10 seconds. Repeat this breathing exercise for two to three minutes, or as long as you feel a sense of calm and comfort. This breathing technique has its advantage because it functions without much training. Before you fall asleep, automatically engage this breathing technique. Thus, you will reduce the supply of oxygen and your body will require less energy for tension. In addition, you will be able, thanks to a neutral account, to distract yourself from your catastrophic thoughts. nine0003
Progressive Muscle Relaxation
When fear appears, it is often accompanied by muscle tension or even spasms. Since, thanks to muscle tension, feelings can be influenced, through targeted muscle relaxation, fear can also be reduced. In a state of relaxation, the degree of our arousal also significantly decreases. The technique of progressive relaxation is based on a consistent change in muscle tension and relaxation. In a situation that you assess as threatening, reacts on this muscular system, respectively, not under the control of the will, blood circulation is accelerated, the pulse quickens, blood pressure rises, and this also leads to tension in those muscles that obey the will. They contract, shrink, and this is all perceived as tension. With progressive muscle relaxation, you can very clearly see which parts of your body are cramped and have a means of consciously combating the feeling of helplessness that accompanies fear. By voluntarily relaxing your muscles, you calm your autonomic nervous system and replace your feelings of fear with a sense of peace. Of course, to master this form of relaxation, you need to practice a little. nine0003
Progressive Muscle Relaxation Instructions
Find 20-30 minutes for yourself. Find some quiet place to relax, where no one will disturb you. In a lying or comfortable sitting position, do relaxation exercises. Turn off the light a little.
Inhale and exhale several times and bring your body into a state of relaxation and pleasant heaviness. Tighten the muscles of your body one by one for about 5 seconds so that you feel a slight tension, this should not turn into cramps. Relax again without making many movements for this. Feel the relaxation for 10 seconds. nine0003
Repeat this "tension-relaxation" if you don't immediately feel relaxed. At the time when you strain some muscles, try to keep the rest of the muscles relaxed.
1. Clench our right fist. Count slowly from I to 5. Then open your fist. Enjoy the feeling of relaxation (10 seconds).
2. Clench your left fist. Count slowly from 1 to 5 and then release.
3. Close your eyes very hard. Count slowly from 1 to 5, then relax. nine0003
4. Press your lips together without clenching your teeth.
5. Press your tongue as hard as you can into the palate, then relax your tongue.
6. Clench your teeth as hard as you can, then relax.
7. Press your shoulder blades back on your spine, then relax.
8. Now inhale as deeply as possible so that your chest is rounded. Hold it like this and continue to breathe deeply. Then lower your chest, relax.
9. Tighten the bottom of your legs while placing your feet on the footrest, press hard, and then relax.
10. Tighten the lower part of the legs, raising and lowering them.
Remain lying or sitting for a while after these exercises and enjoy relaxation. Ask yourself if I still feel tension in my shoulders, if I still feel tension in my back, if I still feel tension in another area, etc. Then count 4,3,2,1. At the count of one, you say: "I feel good, calm" and stand up. nine0003
While exercising, you breathe deeply, slowly, evenly. At the end of the exercise, think the word "perfectly" while inhaling, and "quietly" while exhaling. Try to let the thoughts that interfere with you pass you by, while concentrating on relaxation.
For some it is very helpful, instead of thinking about the word "calm", to imagine a very pleasant situation. Do this relaxation exercise every day and you will notice more and more relaxation. Over time, only the words "perfectly calm" will already cause relaxation, and you will reach a state of relaxation faster and faster. nine0003
The relaxation exercise serves well for falling asleep, which is known to be difficult before exams.
If you want, you can sing the exercises on the cassette, or buy a relaxation cassette.
Problems of motivation and how you can deal with them
Problem: think that you are stupid and it is futile, and in general you will still fail the exam or get a bad mark. nine0003
Solution: Correct your setting. Tell yourself:
"All these doubts will not help me. On the contrary. By doing so, I will only paralyze myself and create even more difficulties for myself. I am not a clairvoyant and therefore cannot know how everything will turn out on the exam. There will still be a chance to pass the exam more if I now sit down and teach, instead of going crazy. I do everything that depends on me. "
Problem: You feel inner resistance to studying for an exam because you constantly tell yourself that you must study, and you are tormented by remorse if instead of studying you are doing something pleasant for you. nine0003
Solution: You say to yourself, “I don't have to study if I don't feel like it. But since I would very much like to pass the exam, I decide to study, even if it does not give me much pleasure. Variety is very important. I can quite consciously include time for relaxation in my work plan. It doesn't give me anything - just to study all the time. It's inefficient. After a break, I can study even better for the exam."
Problem: You don't enjoy studying.
Solution: Imagine how much you will win if you pass the exam. Draw the benefits of passing the exam in the brightest colors. Think about it. that the exam and the associated effort will be behind us for the foreseeable future, and that this couple of weeks or months will also be behind us. Then sit down at your desk.
Problem: You keep putting off your exam preparation until the fear of failing the exam becomes greater than the feeling of not wanting to work. nine0003
Solution: You are the type of person who motivates themselves with fear. This is not a saving strategy at all, because you learn from out of negative feelings. Say to yourself instead, “I’m going to sit down and get ready from today. Then every day I will have a clear conscience, I can be proud of myself. If I constantly push back the preparation for the exam, then this is unlikely to decorate me.
Problem: You tell yourself that you haven't done too much for the exam so far, and that it's too late to catch up, and therefore you will definitely fail the exam. nine0003
Solution: You say to yourself: “I can't get back to what I was, because I didn't study enough. Instead of wasting time beating myself up, I'd rather start right now. Every day counts. I will do my best to prepare as much as possible in the remaining time. As long as I don't give up, I have a chance not to lose."
Problem: You keep getting lost when you come across passages you don't understand while preparing for an exam. You then doubt yourself and your mind. nine0003
Solution: Tell yourself, “Don't panic. You may not be Einstein, but if you don't lose your head, you will still learn it. If not, then ask someone. If you do not immediately understand something, then this is not a disaster. You have time to figure it out."
Fundamental prerequisites for effective learning
Psychology has identified a number of data that can be of great help in optimal preparation for an event such as an exam. These data are related to the preparation of their workplace and the assimilation of the examination material. Depending on the type of exam in question, they can have different meanings. If you are preparing for an exam at a university that requires many hours of study, every day and many weeks and months, it is important to consider the following job suggestions to a greater extent than if you were preparing for a driver's license test. But no matter what kind of exam you are talking about, suggestions for mastering the material can be of great help to you in any case. First of all, let's take a closer look at your workplace from the standpoint of whether it helps or hinders. nine0003
Below we have put together a list for you that will help you deal with possible interfering factors more easily. Go through this list item by item and underline what applies to you.
External interfering factors:
- music; nine0003
- too small to fit material that is needed for the exam,
- with things not needed for the exam,
- magazines, comics, etc. are too close .,
- no own desk.
- not complete, you need to take care of it,
- you need to interrupt work to get it.
- too low, high, hard, etc. nine0003
- too weak.
- too strong (solar rays).
My best working hours:
- in the morning,
- in the afternoon
- in the evenings.
If you have determined at each specific point that your working conditions are not optimal, make sure that you are helped in this. Some things will be quite easy to solve, something else, for example, noise, it is hardly possible to change anything here. Let's go through all the points briefly. nine0003
Short-term planning and division of study material
You have divided the material into convenient portions and distributed it throughout the preparation for the exam. You know, in this way, how many pages, chapters or topics you are mastering. This is the first take.
The second technique is to make a plan of work for each day. Do not worry. You owe the time given to you to study for the exam, not only to spend on planning. You will start and learn. This little planning effort will pay off - guaranteed. nine0003
Short-term planning serves to accurately distribute between work and leisure every day. Yes, rest too. It's actually more important than you might think for boosting your concentration and improving your memory. It will not give you much - 8 hours in a row to sit and learn the same material. Thanks to horse doses, you will learn more slowly, and you will remember what you have learned much worse.
1. When planning for each day, the point is that every day you plan exactly what you want to master the next day, i.e. you must fix every day for each next day in black and white which chapter, which topic or how many pages you want to learn. This will take one minute. nine0003
2. Plan small breaks every day between separate exam preparation periods. Get out of your work room during this work break and give yourself to some other business at this time. Pay attention, however, to not engage in activities that will be longer than your break and activities from which it would be difficult for you to tear yourself away later. For example: listening to an LP, reading detective stories, etc.
3. Leave some free time in your daily plan so that you can indulge in some pleasures. Yes, yes, enjoyment in the form of relaxing and doing beautiful things is just as important as preparing for an exam. Depending on the time given to you to prepare for the exam and the amount of material, it may sometimes be necessary to limit your hobbies and sports activities, as well as other activities, but you should never give up on this. It is at this time when you are under stress that such a balance is even more important. You learn much more effectively when you care about this balance. nine0003
Psychological knowledge about how to improve concentration of attention
1. If you always use a certain table, a certain chair during your classes, then over time it will be much easier for you to succeed in this very concentration. Always work in a certain place and do not change it.
2. A common cause of poor concentration is poor or no motivation at all. Test your motivation when you find it hard to focus. Why are you preparing for the exam? Do you see any value in this training or in your education? One way to motivate yourself is to keep the benefits of passing the exam in front of your eyes all the time. Imagine a picture of what positive things will bring you, what positive changes will come if you successfully pass the exam. This will undoubtedly motivate you to prepare for the exam. nine0003
3. You must not learn anything new the day before the exam. The last day should only be used for repetition. Why? Because immediately before the exam there is a danger that you will find gaps in knowledge, panic will seize you, and then ... Also, the day before the exam is not very favorable for perception and concentration on new material.
Psychological prerequisites for improving memorization
Psychologists have discovered a number of prerequisites that make it easier to remember something:
1. You remember better what you understand. Material that you do not understand, but which you stupidly memorize without understanding, you, of course, absorb much worse than educational material, the content of which you understand. Do not learn anything mechanically from memory. Try to understand what you are learning and find your own formulations and generalizations.
2. You learn better if you repeat the material no later than every other day and then repeat it at double intervals until you can reproduce it satisfactorily enough. Learn the material until you have mastered it. Then put it aside and repeat the next day. nine0003
3. You learn faster if you constantly speak out loud. By doing so, you will bring more meaning to the learning process and facilitate the process of reproduction.
4. You remember something better if you repeat it as a whole than when you break it all down and learn each part separately. A paragraph is easier to learn when you learn it as a whole, not when you repeat it line by line.
5. Positive attitude stimulates memorization. You can increase your faith in your memory by constantly saying, "Every day I remember better and better." If you tell yourself that you have a bad memory, that you can't remember anything, that you quickly forget everything, etc., then your memory catches you at your word and is really bad at what needs to be remembered.
6. High motivation for learning has a very big impact on memory. If you are interested in what you are studying, then you will remember much better. Material that does not interest you, and even more so you simply hate it, you not only absorb worse, but you also remember it with great difficulty. nine0003
7. You learn faster and retain memory for longer if you regularly take short breaks. It is known from psychological research that it is most beneficial to take a short break of 2-3 minutes every 30 minutes, during which you can physically shake yourself a little - stretch, open a window, take a look, but only really look at some magazine. After about 1 hour of practice, you need to pause longer, about 5 minutes, during which you can drink or eat something. If the work lasts for many hours, then while maintaining the rule to take short breaks, after two hours of work, pauses should be made from 20 to 30 minutes, during which it is already possible to do some activities more thoroughly, for example, take a walk, have lunch, etc. . After a working phase lasting 4 hours, even if the pattern of breaks that we talked about persisted, nevertheless, a longer disconnection from classes is necessary. nine0003
for exam preparation
Make a plan for the entire period of preparation and for each day. Don't forget to plan for breaks and time for enjoyable activities.
Take care of your exam papers.
Prepare your workspace to minimize distractions.
Start with exercises that motivate your imagination.