Quotes about living your life for yourself
236 Be Yourself Quotes to Be Authentic and True
This collection of be yourself quotes will prove to you how much better life can be once you value and appreciate yourself for simply being you.
If we were all the same, the world would be a terribly boring place.
Tell us your favorite be yourself quote using the comment section.
What are the benefits of reading be yourself quotes?
We must see ourselves for who we are and honor what makes us special and unique.
It isn’t easy to truly be yourself in a world where conformity is the norm.
It’s easy to give in to peer pressure and try to be like the majority.
But you don’t have to be like everyone else.
These be yourself quotes will remind you that you can be whoever you want to be.
It is up to us to choose our paths despite pressures to conform to the:
- Worldviews of others
We must find the courage to build our futures from the inside out.
Below are some inspirational quotes on being yourself to motivate you to love yourself and live your best life rather than trying to impress others.
You might also like these know your worth quotes to boost your confidence.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Uplifting be yourself quotes and sayings to inspire your best life
1. “Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive.”– Gerard Way
You will also enjoy our article on self-respect quotes.
2. “Don’t worry what people say or what people think. Be yourself.” – Brett Hull
You will also enjoy our article on BTS quotes.
3. “Don’t compromise yourself – you’re all you have.” ― John Grisham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of short uplifting quotes that inspire positivity.
4. “Don’t try to impress people. Always be yourself!” – Bella Thorne
You will also enjoy our article on everything will be okay quotes.
5. “To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.” ― Roy T. Bennett
6. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” ― Lao Tzu
8. “There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself.” – Anthony Rapp
9. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”– Shannon L. Alder
10. “No other version, no matter how perfect it is, would ever feel better than being your true self.”– Edmond Mbiaka
11. “Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire. ”– St. Catherine of Sienna
Be yourself quotes to inspire you to love yourself
12. “ Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”– Oscar Wilde
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Oscar Wilde quotes from the iconic author.
13. “Live life as though nobody is watching, and express yourself as though everyone is listening.” – Nelson Mandela
14. “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”– Oscar Wilde
15. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
17. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it. ” – Bruce Lee
You might also like these Bad Bitch quotes that will inspire confidence within you.
18. “Say what you feel. It’s not being rude, it’s called being real.” – Unknown
19. “We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.” – Francois de la Rochefoucauld
20. “Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.” – Julius Charles Hare
You might also like these I am who I am quotes on why your individuality matters.
Be yourself quotes to inspire happiness
21. “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” – Dave Pelzer
22. “Just be yourself, and enjoy the blessings that God’s borne out on you.” – Delilah
23. “Just be yourself, let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful & magical person that you are. ” – Mandy Hale
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of be real quotes celebrating the real you.
24. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
25. “When nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It’s not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It’s up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside.” – Joel Osteen
26. “I feel that the simplicity of life is just being yourself.” – Bobby Brown (see more simplicity quotes)
27. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.” – Philip Pullman
28. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” – Mark Twain
29. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are. ” – Beyoncé
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of self worth quotes to boost your confidence.
30. “The only way you’re going to get through life, happily, is being yourself.” – Nikki Blonsky
Also, check out our list of the best baddie quotes to celebrate your individuality.
Be yourself quotes to boost your self-esteem
31. “Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means you’re brave enough to be yourself.” – Luna Lovegood
32. “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.” – John Mason
33. “Just because they disagree, doesn’t mean you ain’t right.”– Toba Beta
34. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”– Johnny Depp
35. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” – Winnie the Pooh
36. “Don’t compromise even if it hurts to be yourself. ”– Toby Keith
37. “He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away.” – Raymond Hull
38. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.” – Harold Whitman
39. “Be happy without comparing yourself to others.” – Unknown
40. “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these spiritual quotes about inner peace and love.
Be yourself quotes to elevate your mind
41. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”– Bernard M. Maruch
42. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. ” – Maya Angelou
43. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
44. “Take care not to listen to anyone who tells you what you can and can’t be in life.” – Meg Medina
45. “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.” – Lao Tzu
46. “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
47. “I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.” – Jimi Hendrix
48. “The more you put yourself in situations that show that you don’t care what people think, the more people will seem to like you because they know you are truly being yourself.” – Joe Casanova
49. “If you peg your identity to the things you do, you are facing a never-ending cycle of identity evaluation.” – Janeen Latini
50. “Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” – L. Hay
You might also like these inspirational simple quotes that will inspire you to live a simply beautiful life.
Other inspirational be yourself quotes and sayings
51. “Take the time to come home to yourself every day.” – Robin Casarjean
52. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – André Gide
53. “I figured out that being yourself isn’t something that just happens. It’s something you create. You have to create yourself.” – The Bully Book by Eric Kahn Gale
54. “No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” – Buckminster Fuller
55. “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.” – Kurt Vonnegut
56. “You change the world by being yourself.” – Yoko Ono
57. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ” – E.E. Cummings
58. “Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?” – Charles Bukowski
59. “Why try to be someone you’re not? Life is hard enough without adding impersonation to the skills required.” – Robert Brault
60. “I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.” – Mozart
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of lonely quotes that prove it’s okay to be alone.
More be yourself quotes and sayings
61. “Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.” – Allen Ginsberg
62. “Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.” – Brian Tracy
63. “Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone don’t be someone else just be yourself.” – Selena Gomez
64. “Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” – John Jakes
65. “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.” – Suzy Kassem
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of rejection quotes about life, love, and goals.
66. “Do not try to impress anyone by showing them how worthy you can be, always be yourself and let fate speak for you.” – Deborah Nwakwesili
67. “Never forget who you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister
68. “Be everything that you are unapologetically, most of you will find out that you are not just one color, you are a Rainbow.” – Mridula Singh
69. “Don’t aspire to be the next somebody else. Be proud and embrace being the first and only you!” – Tammy Ferebee
70. “Break the rules, stand apart, ignore your head, and follow your heart.” – Paula Abdul
71. “Fully accepting, loving, and being yourself allows you to be 100% authentic. This means being fully responsible for yourself.” – John Felitto
72. “You have done it by being yourself. Perhaps that is what being a friend means, after all.” – Roy Croft
73. “We must be our own before we can be another’s.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
74. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” – Margaret Mead
75. “You have your own challenges, and you, too, are imperfect. But you are the perfect YOU!” – Nick Vujicic
Be yourself quotes to motivate you
76. “But to me, to be original is to be yourself.” – Marc Newson
77. “It sounds so simple, but if you just be yourself, you’re different than anyone else.” – Tony Bennett
78. “Don’t try to fit in or stand out – just be yourself.” – Kunal Khemu
79. “Be yourself. It’s really important not to try and be someone else.” – Katelyn Ohashi
80. “True success will come when you have the courage to be yourself.” – Marcela Valladolid
81. “You don’t worry about being liked. You have to be yourself.” – Vince Vaughn
82. “Remember to always be yourself.” – Joss Whedon
83. “If you can just be yourself, then you have to be original because there’s no one like you.” – Marc Newson
84. “What is a friend? I will tell you… it is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.” – Frank Crane
85. “It’s good to have people in your life around whom you can be yourself.” – Varun Sharma
86. “You can’t think about things you want to change. Just be yourself.” – Ethan Embry
You might also like these love yourself quotes that will increase your self-esteem.
Short be yourself quotes
87. “You have to be yourself.” — Young Thug
88. “Be yourself. Unapologetically.” — Kesha
89. “Be yourself and set the trend. Don’t follow.” — YG
90. “Be yourself, but always your better self.” — Karl G. Maeser
91. “Be yourself. Create your own unique style.” — Kim Tae-hyung
92. “Be yourself. The world worships the original.” — Ingrid Bergman
93. “The message is risk, really risk. Be yourself. Create.” — Mary Daly
94. “Just enjoy every moment – don’t stress. Just be yourself.” — Mabel
95. “Just be yourself. Be honest, work towards a goal, and you’ll achieve it.” — Emraan Hashmi
96. “You just have to be yourself and go full with confidence and be courageous.” — Gabby Douglas
Be yourself quotes that will make you appreciate your uniqueness
97. “Why escape your intended purpose by copying and trying to be someone else? You will discover who you were meant to be only after you have shown confidence being yourself.”
― Suzy Kassem
98. “Shine bright, be yourself.” ― Stephen Richards
99. “Originals cost more than imitations.”― Suzy Kassem
100. “Do not bend yourself to make others feel taller. When someone comes at you telling you what you are and slapping a label on you, simply ask them why. Why would you say that? Make THEM think.” ― Rose McGowan
101. “Always be yourself because once you lose yourself you lose everything.” ― Brendon Thutso
102. “Being different has its own uber power which is strikingly irresistible.” ― Hiral Nagda
103. “There is nothing worse than deluding yourself and trying to make yourself out to be somebody you’re not–somebody you’re not comfortable being.” ― Alex Trebek
104. “Conformity is usually beneficial to society, but is often detrimental to individuality.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
105. “I want to get paid to be myself. Sounds smart until you realize you’re clueless about who you are.” ― Koki Oyuke
106. “Don’t wish to be normal. Wish to be yourself. To the hilt. Find out what you’re best at, and develop it, and hopscotch your weaknesses. Wish to be great at whatever you are.” ― Lois McMaster Bujold
Be Yourself Quotes and Saying That Will Make You Believe in Yourself
107. “Never stop being YOU. I am out to be the best ME I can be. Do what you LOVE and you will be badass.” ― Terry Crews
108. “There is no paycheck that can equal the feeling of contentment that comes from being the person you are meant to be.” ― Oprah Winfrey
109. “Don’t try to be someone else. Be yourself.” ― Joe Louis Walker
110. “Just try to be yourself and resist complacency and ignorance. All you can do is work, work; work and be disciplined.” ― Raoul Peck
111. “You’ve got to be humble really to be yourself or to get a chance to be yourself.” ― George Harrison
112. “The best advice I’ve ever got is to be yourself. Stay true to who you are and what you stand for and you’ll go far in life.” ― Snoop Dogg
113. “Success will come. Or it won’t. But I think you can only make a go at it in a big way by fully being yourself and taking risks. People can feel risks.” ― Caroline Polachek
114. “Just be yourself, be you and that’s how I think you’re going to feel the most confident.” ― Lindsay Ellingson
115. “Be yourself. Follow your heart. I know it sounds obvious, but it’s the best advice at anyone ever. Take advice from other people, but take from it what feels right for you.” ― Michael Stipe
116. “I tell them that the most important aspect is to be yourself and have confidence in yourself. ” ― Wilma Rudolph
Be yourself quotes for Instagram
117. “Break the rules, stand apart, ignore your head, and follow your heart,”― Paula Abdul
118. “Be yourself, because you are the perfect YOU!”― Jacci Mendelsohn
119. “Don’t look for society to give you permission to be yourself.”― Steve Maraboli
220. “Be your own self. Love what YOU love.” ― Ray Bradbury
221. “Don’t be afraid to be who you are, no matter who that person might be.”― Mandy Hale
222. “The opinions of others should not deter you from being yourself..”― Lailah Gifty Akita
223. “Life is simple, just be yourself.”― E’yen A. Gardner
224. “Sometimes it takes a lot of courage to be who you are.”― Joan Bauer
225. “Life’s too short to live someone else’s”― Nathan W. Morris
226. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. ”― Coco Chanel
Be Yourself Quotes and Sayings To Live By Your Standards
227. “Be yourself and try to make all the things possible in your life that are leading towards a satisfied you.” ― Adam Green
228. “The essential lesson I’ve learned in life is to just be yourself.” ― Wayne Dyer
229. “You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way.” ― Richard Bach
230. “Living by your core values has these benefits: It gives you permission to be yourself.” ― James O’Donnell
231. “In short, who cares! Be yourself, enjoy who you are.” ― Byron Pulsifer
232. “Champion the right to be yourself; dare to be different and to set your own pattern; live your own life and follow your own star.” ― Wilferd Peterson
233. “It is the power to be yourself, to sing your own song, dance your own dance, speak your own poetry. ” ― Thomas J. Sergiovanni
234. “Be yourself and become aware of when your primitive mind chooses the wrong path or action.” ― Edmund Ronen
235. “Relaxation helps you to be yourself while letting your personality do the interaction.” ― Dan Miller
236. “The most daring thing is to be yourself and to do exactly what you want to do at that point in time and not to be worried with what other people are doing or what’s popular.” ― Wiz Khalifa
Which be yourself quotes and sayings were your favorites?
The world will always try to make you something else.
People will try to make you conform to their values and expectations.
However, it’s upon you to find the courage to chart your own path rather than trying to impress others.
Hopefully, these be yourself quotes have inspired you to love yourself and be yourself no matter what others might think or say of you.
Did you enjoy these be yourself quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
November 29, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Related Topics:daily trending quotesQuotes
Quotes For Living Your Best Life: 80 Motivational Quotes
Feeling imposter syndrome? Want to connect with yourself to find your purpose? Can’t find the words to add to your Instagram caption? Here are 80 motivational quotes for living your best life, success, and happiness to inspire you to chase your dreams today.
Living your best life is about living a balanced, fulfilled, and happy life. Quotes for living your best life inspire us in those moments when we need motivation or an extra boost of confidence.
We all experience setbacks and face insecurities at some stage in life. When I read an amazing quote, it helps me refocus and get back into alignment. These are some of my favorite quotes that I hope you enjoy too!
You may also like: Self-Love Habits: 14 Ways to Start Practicing Self-Love
Quotes on Living Your Best Life
“There is no reason to ever be ashamed of where you’re at. Not when you’re doing your best. Not when you’re in your best moment. There’s always gonna be people to tell you no. Or “You can’t.” Or “You shouldn’t.” It’s gonna happen. No matter what anybody says, you just have to still be like, “I’m still doing this. I’m still gonna succeed. I’m still gonna do my best.” Defy the odds. Why not?” – Jennifer Lopez
“Don’t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.” – Grace Hansen
“There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It’s why you were born. And how you become most truly alive.” – Oprah Winfrey
“You have to be unique and different and shine in your own way.” – Lady Gaga
“We can’t save the world by playing by the rules, because the rules have to be changed.” – Greta Thunberg
“When you’re not permitted to collaborate, lead, stretch your wings and utilize your talents, you may very well find your own defining moment by forging your own path forward, chasing after what scares you and taking what’s yours. ” – Liz Elting
“Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own.” – Michelle Obama
Related: Create Your Dream Life Now and Travel the World (+ Journal Prompts)
Short quotes on living your best life
“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” –Robert F. Kennedy
The world needs that special gift that only you have. – Marie Forleo
Take life by its throat, do something. Stop being f$*@ scared. – Gary Vaynerchuk
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Joe Lewis
“Think about it: What’s the worst thing that can happen to you if you just totally go for it?” – Grant Cardone
“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” – Suzy Kassem
“Don’t go through life, grow through life.” – Eric Butterworth
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
“Life has no limitations, except the ones you make. ” – Les Brown
“You glow differently when you’re doing better.” – Elena Cardone
“Happiness is not by chance, but by choice.” – Jim Rohn
“You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.” – Andrew Murphy
“I’m looking forward to continuing to learn from my past, living in the present, and surrendering to the future.” – Beyonce
“Just around the bend, a miracle is waiting to happen. Release fear and uncertainty, and majestic wonders wait to unfold for you.” – Denise Linn
Love reading inspirational quotes? You may also like:
- The Best Travel Quotes To Fuel Your Wanderlust
- The Best Mountain Quotes to Inspire Your Next Journey
- Go-Getter Quotes: 17 Powerful Quotes for Boss Women
Great quotes to live your life by
“The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” – Barack Obama
“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit. ” – E. E. Cummings
“You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!” Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
“Every day, it’s important to ask and answer these questions: “What’s good in my life?” and “What needs to be done?” – Nathaniel Branden
“The only thing that’s keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself.” – Tony Robbins
“The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” – Kevin Welch
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” – Joseph Campbell
“The power of imagination makes us infinite.” – John Muir
“You have to fill your bucket with positive energy—and if you have people hanging around you that are bringing you down and not lifting you up, whether that’s your ‘boo’ or your best friend—you have to learn how to push these people to the side,” – Michelle Obama
“The question you should be asking isn’t, “What do I want?” or “What are my goals?” but “What would excite me?” – Timothy Ferriss
“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely
“Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Breault
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
“Don’t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright.” – Bob Marley
“Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” – William Feather
“Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
“The power of positive thinking is the ability to generate a feeling of certainty in yourself when nothing in the environment supports you. ” – Tony Robbins
“The most wasted of days is one without laughter.” – E. E. Cummings
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive.” – Maya Angelou
“All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” – Earl Nightingale
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did.” – Mark Twain
“If you obey all the rules, you’ll miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” Vince Lombardi
“Always wake up with a smile knowing that today you are going to have fun accomplishing what others are too afraid to do.” – Mark Cuban
“If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl
“Life is like riding a bicycle; to keep your balance you must keep moving. ” – Albert Einstein.
“The only person you should strive to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.” – Matty Mullins
“The successful person makes a habit of doing what the failing person doesn’t like to do.” – Thomas Edison
“Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
“Do every act of your life as if it were your last. Each day provides its own gifts. Everything that happens as it should, and if you observe carefully, you will find this to be so.” – Marcus Aurelius
“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
“In the middle of a difficulty lies opportunity.” Albert Einstein
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
“You do not find the happy life. You make it.” – Camilla Eyring Kimball
“I dwell in possibility.” – Emily Dickinson
“Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. ” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” – Charles Darwin
“Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open.” — John Barrymore
“It isn’t where you came from. It’s where you’re going that counts.” – Ella Fitzgerald
“The great courageous act that we must all do, is to have the courage to step out of our history and past so that we can live our dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
“The secret of success is constancy to purpose.” – Benjamin Disraeli
“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” – Soren Kierkegaard
“Be true to yourself. Make each day a masterpiece.” – John Wooden
What are your favorite inspirational quotes about success and living a balanced life?
“Instead of complaining about your circumstances, get busy and create some new ones.” – Ralph Marston
“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Altshuler
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
Keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” – Marilyn Monroe
“A secret to life: Know that none of this matters, and yet… live as if every single moment does.” – Kamal Ravikant
“When you want something in life, you just gotta reach out and grab it.” – Christopher McCandless
“Don’t wait for the right opportunity. Create it.” – George Bernard Shaw
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
“The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.” – Louis E. Boone
“Quit hanging on to the handrails . . . Let go. Surrender. Go for the ride of your life. Do it every day.” – Melody Beattie
“If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one. ” – Dolly Parton
“What matters most are the simple pleasures so abundant that we can all enjoy them…Happiness doesn’t lie in the objects we gather around us. To find it, all we need to do is open our eyes.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
What are your favorite motivational quotes for living your best life? Let us know in the comments!
LIVE! Happiness is to LIVE! Quotes about life and the importance of life. Quotes that inspire life.
LIVE! Happiness is to LIVE! Quotes about life and the importance of life. Quotes that inspire life.
And you know, life is wonderful and amazing, but only on one condition... if you notice and be surprised!
The most important thing is the desire to live. Enjoy a ray of sunshine, a wild flower, a sparrow chirping on a branch... Almost everyone has the gift of being happy in childhood, but only a few can keep it for life...
— What will you do tomorrow?
- I will live!
Don't wait for the crisis to pass. Right now, smile, hug the one who is nearby, and mentally - those who are at a distance, knead the dough for the pie, throw a warm letter in the mailbox, forgive the one who is offended, close your eyes for a minute and, opening them, start life again. Do not take it too seriously, do not look for meaning, benefits, revenge. Just live, smile and love. That's not difficult. nine0005
Elchin Safarli - Tell me about the sea
To live means to share your soul.
… Every day brings us a chance. Chance to live. A chance to love and believe. A chance to understand and accept. Smile when there is no reason for it, call a long-forgotten friend, go to mom for the weekend, adopt a puppy, wear a very beautiful and bold dress, buy expensive perfume that you have dreamed about for so long, go to another city, buy yourself flowers, admire your reflected in random shop windows, get high-heeled shoes from a drawer, buy a box of your favorite sweets and eat on the way . ..
...fall in love! You can not turn on the TV, do not read newspapers, do not make excuses and do not say "never". Leave the city and walk barefoot on the grass. Wander under the warm rain and look at the evening city, sitting on the roof of the house. Book a hotel room and order pineapple champagne. Go overnight in the forest. Walk around the city, get tired, sit on a bench and eat ice cream. Call the person with whom you have so many pleasant moments, and whose number has long been in the phone book, and say: I MISSED YOU SO MUCH. Do not wait for an eternal tomorrow and do not say an unrealizable “maybe”. Don't dream about what others make a reality. Live, and do not prepare for this all your life ... and do not look for reasons to be happy when a new day comes ... We do not start a new life in the morning, from Monday and from the New Year. A new life is a life in which we are not afraid of our desires and do not forget about dreams, hiding them far, far away. And there is no need to wait for a non-existent "one day" . ..
Otherwise, you just have to live. Indulge yourself with delicious food, build a family or not, make a career or not, go to other countries, read beautiful books, walk barefoot on the spring grass, pick wild flowers, gurgle lemonade through a straw and sometimes turn your back to the stereotypes of society.
But until youth has passed, it must be turned into joy. One hundred percent. To complete satisfaction, you know? Only with these memories will it be possible to warm oneself in old age. nine0005
Haruki Murakami "1Q84"
It's important not to miss your own life. Not to spend our days in a stupor, dutifully swallowing any dubious ideas that modern society feeds us through the media, and being in a state of dormancy. The most amazing gift that is given to us in life is the opportunity to be people, because only people are endowed with consciousness. So be grateful for that.
Be respectful of your feelings, don't dull them by being drugged, depressed, or self-consciously stupor. Try to notice something new every day. Pay attention to even the smallest details. Even if you don't live in the forest, always be on your guard. Feel the taste of food, the smell of the household chemicals department in the supermarket, notice how these harsh chemical smells affect the senses. Walk barefoot and note how you feel; every day make important discoveries that awareness brings to you. And take care of all living things - your body, intellect, those who live nearby and the entire planet. Do not pollute your soul with apathy, and your body with unhealthy food, just as you would not deliberately pour industrial waste into a clean river. Treating the world around you with carelessness and neglect, you will never become a real person. nine0005
Life is great, and every moment it comes with a thousand and one gifts for you.
... How precious sometimes is what we habitually consider trifles ...
The best way to thank for an amazing moment is to just enjoy it) hold your breath for five seconds, and that state of joy that will flow into you, keep it throughout your life ...
The most important thing is the will to live. Enjoy the sunbeam, the wild flower, the sparrow chirping on the branch…
In our time, people have lost interest in life: they don't get bored, they don't cry, they just wait for the time to pass. They have given up the struggle, and life has given up on them. This threatens you too: act, boldly go forward, but do not give up on life. LIVE.
Never rest on your laurels. Don't just exist... live. Don't just feel... feel. Don't just watch... study. Don't just read... absorb. Don't just listen... hear. Don't just hear... understand. nine0005
John G. Rhodes
Walking on water is not a miracle.
The miracle is to walk the Earth and feel really alive right now.
Please enjoy your Life! Take it with both hands, squeeze it, shake it and appreciate every second. Love your children. You literally have no idea what happiness it is to urge them on in the morning so that they brush their teeth as soon as possible. Hug your loved ones and if they can't hug you back, find someone who can. Everyone deserves love and reciprocal feelings. Don't settle for less. Find a job that will bring joy, do not become its slaves. "I would like to work harder" is not something that will be written on your grave. Dance, laugh and eat with your friends. True, honest and strong friendship is absolute Happiness and something that we can choose for ourselves. Choose your friends carefully and carefully, just like looking for a treasure. Surround yourself with beautiful things. Life is full of sadness and pain - but find your rainbow and don't let it go. Beauty is in everything, sometimes you just need to look a little more carefully to notice it. nine0005
Charlotte Keatley "Letter to the Remaining"
And one must live with taste...as long as one has an appetite..!!)))
Life must be lived now; it cannot be put off indefinitely. Irvin Yalom
Bloom like flowers. Life is unique. Do not hesitate to turn it into bright and large inflorescences. Let beautiful flowers bloom in your Heart and in your home. Let the flowering of the Heart become a torch brightly illuminating your Path in this world.
Think of the new day as a miracle!
Children wake up in the morning and perceive the new day as a miracle, like the first day of their life. Most adults don't know how to do this. We can't stop thinking about tomorrow, we can't leave the past behind. We constantly sigh, regretting something... It's time to relearn!
Do you think this is just another day in your Life?
This is not just another day: this is the very Only Day that you have been given today. nine0005
He has been given to you.
This is a Gift.
The only Gift you have right Now.
And the only correct response is to feel Gratitude.
Every day is beautiful!
How can you say that life is not beautiful? Every day is beautiful in itself, there is no such day in life in which there is no happiness, real happiness. From the very morning, when the sun rises, life is already beautiful. After all, on this day you could no longer be. But you live and can enjoy the sun that shines, the wind that blows and all living things around you...
When you contemplate mountain forests and streams running over stones, the heart clouded with worldly dirt is gradually cleared. When you read the ancient canons and look at the paintings of ancient masters, the spirit of worldly vulgarity dissipates little by little. Therefore, a noble man, although he does not indulge in frivolous admiration of things, looks at the world as in a mirror, and thus corrects his heart.
--- Hong Zicheng ---
There is nothing complicated in life. We are complex. Life is a simple thing, and the simpler it is, the more correct it is. nine0005
Discover the 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD:
Time is one of those things that we have no control over. The only thing we can do is fill our days, make them longer, wider. And there is only one remedy - love and attention to others. Like a child. His day is very long: he will find a leaf, examine it for half an hour, and the whole world unfolds before his eyes. And you can not consider a leaf, but people. Do as much as possible, write, shoot. Fill life. nine0005
Write the world. Not for me, not for anyone else, just like that, not knowing how to do otherwise. Keep it warm on the exhale of the day. Tell the sky, fabulously starry or piercingly blue. Color it with multi-colored flashes of birds. Weave from words the twilight and awe of the ancient forests, expose the hot breath of the steppes. Draw rain and draw a rainbow with a stroke of eyelashes. Let into him the predatory movement of the night, listening to the incoherent whisper of love. Sound the laughter of children ringing at dawn. Breathe the sea into it, alive, huge, incredible. Decorate the edges with a carved pattern of frost playing with the sun. Dance in it like falling leaves, embrace it with mists. Write a world, not for me, just like that... and I will forever live in it. nine0005
DON'T SAVE, FILL YOUR LIFE WITH EVENTS
Research shows that material goods (various purchases) make us happy only for a short time.
Life experience brings more joy in general. So enjoy your holiday by going on a safari, learn a new language, join a dance club and you will be happy.
The only criterion for life is bliss. If you do not feel that life is bliss, then know that you are going in the wrong direction. nine0005
People have completely forgotten to live. Who has time for this? Everyone teaches someone else how to be, and no one ever seems satisfied. If a person wants to live, then he must learn one thing: to accept things as they are, and to accept yourself as you are. Start living. Don't start preparing for the life that will be in the future. All the suffering in the world comes from the fact that you completely forgot that you need to live, you began to engage in activities that have nothing to do with life. nine0005
Dedicate the day today to gathering energy and resources, vitality. Today you should eat well and tasty, enjoy eating and drinking. Try to feel the fullness of life in everything you do.
Food taken with pleasure is very different from food eaten to satisfy hunger. It will bring more benefits, because along with it you also take emotions into yourself. Any emotions are a resource, a reserve that you can always use for your own benefit. nine0005
Sometimes you have to let yourself get carried away by doing nothing. Without haste, walk with a soft step to a waltz of snowflakes, and not run headlong; just sit on a chair and look out the window as the house opposite is being built; just don't talk, close your eyes and hug. Elchin Safarli - You were promised to me
Life begins now - right now - not tomorrow and not the day after tomorrow.
Every minute of every hour of every day life begins anew.
This means that everything can be changed in one moment. nine0005
It also means you can start over whenever you want.
Why put off making a decision until later... isn't that just putting life on pause?
You don't even have to think for a second to understand why you received this message today.
Neil Donald Walsh
We should surround ourselves with people who bring us joy and go where our hearts go.
Sara Gio - Lunar Trail
Feel the thrill of life inside your body. This is your anchor in the Now. Eckhart Tolle
When you ascend to heights, your heart becomes light.
When you stand over the river, your thoughts are carried far away.
When you read a book on a snowy night, your soul is cleansed.
When you hum a melody on top of a hill, you feel a surge of strength.
We only live in this world when we love it.
Take time to love, take time to connect, and take time to share whatever you have to say. Because life is measured not by the number of breaths in and out, but by the moments when it takes your breath away!
I want to fall into the unrumpled grass,
stare envying eyes into the sky
and plunge into floral scents,
and endlessly adore everything living.
Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day. nine0005
The aroma of fresh pear, the beauty of sunrise and sunset, the feeling of the wind, the waves of the sea, the touch... Moments for which we live!
Don't dwell on what's under your feet.
Raise your eyes...
There is something to see there too.
Our life is just a collection of many small lives, each one day long. And every day you need to live in love and beauty, admiring the flowers and birds, enjoying the moment. Nicholas Sparks
Man is born for great Joy, for unceasing creativity, for wide, free, unfettered Love for everything; to the tree, to the sky, to the man, to the sweet, beautiful earth, especially to the earth with its blissful motherhood, with its mornings and nights, with its wonderful daily miracles. A.I. Kuprin
You sing a song not to get to the last note. Singing brings joy. The same goes for life. Joy is in living. (Chuck Hillig)
— What do you need to enjoy life?
- Look around you.
Dedicate your life to beauty. Don't dedicate it to the disgusting. You don't have much time, not much energy to waste. Such a small life, such a small source of energy, is just stupid to waste on anger, sadness, hatred, jealousy.
Look at the stars and appreciate that you live.
ENJOY EVERY STEP
Remind yourself often that the purpose of life is not to accomplish everything, but to enjoy every step taken along the path of life, to fill life with love.
Life is measured not by the number of days, hours and minutes, but by what you managed to do during the time allotted to you on earth.
Alice Peterson - Just be with me!
The smell of fresh bread, roasted sunflower seeds, raw corn, the smile of a passerby, sunrise and sunset, warm rain, fluffy snowflakes, birds singing in the morning, rain on the roof, a bug running across the road. .. A huge building consists of small bricks, but people don't see them, don't notice them... So life consists of such trifles that make up the picture of the world... complete... You just need to look at it all from the other side...
I have everything I need: air to breathe and a folder with sheets of paper. I love waking up in the morning not knowing what awaits me, who I will meet and where I will end up next. Until recently, I spent the night under the bridge, and today I am here, sailing on a magnificent ship, drinking champagne in an elegant society ... Life is a gift and it must be appreciated, it is impossible to guess what will happen to you tomorrow. Life must be accepted as it is. Every day is important…
--- Titanic ---
We create our own problems, barriers, complexes and limits. Free yourself - breathe life and understand that you can do anything!
The world will present itself to you exactly as you imagine it to be.
You constantly adjust your life to your own ideas about it.
What you believe strongly enough is what you will see in your life. And by no means the other way around. In fact, the everyday hell you live in is nothing but the result of your stubborn belief that the here and now is not heaven at all. nine0005
Truly enjoying the simple things is priceless!
If a person likes life, if he is able to enjoy every minute spent on this earth, if he knows how to find joy for himself even in small things, then he is young, no matter what numbers are written in his passport.
No matter how bad you feel.
No matter how unbearable the current moment may seem to you.
No matter how impossible the future seems to you. nine0017 Don't hurry.
You have no other time in your Life.
And this nightmare is also part of the time allotted to you.
And your mood is a part of you living now.
Think about yourself.
About what you are.
That you are still here.
About the fact that you still have a lot of things that can make you feel good.
You don't have to pretend, you already are.
And it doesn't matter what will happen in this foggy future.
It's you - and there never was another like it and never will be again. nine0017 Postponing Life just because you feel bad is not a good idea.
All we need is a big chunk of the sky. Try to always keep a piece of the sky above your life.
If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it's deadly. Paulo Coelho.
Stop looking, just open your eyes and look. Life is around you.
When for the first time something happens to you that is beyond words, it means that Life has knocked at your door. nine0005
One must love life more than one's own career, and love oneself more than one's own success. Irina Khakamada
Life itself means nothing until a person appears who tries to interpret its phenomena. Carl Gustav Jung.
Life is somewhat like a painting.
There are many wonderful things that can be seen if you look closely. Life is somewhat like a painting. On a very strange abstract painting. You can look at it and think that it's just a blurry spot. You can live like this all your life, thinking that this is just a blurry spot. But if you look closely, you can still see what is depicted there. If you concentrate and use your imagination, life can become something much more for you. In this picture, for example, there may be a sea, sky, people, buildings, butterflies sitting on flowers - anything, and not at all a blurry spot, as you once imagined. nine0017 Cecilia Ahern "Look at me"
No matter how many days you have in your life. It matters how much life is in your days!
In general, life is full of extremely dangerous things.
The most dangerous are those we don't understand. And those that don't exist at all…
Max Frei “The Outsider. Echo Labyrinths -1»
We come into the world with a specific mission. Someone discovers, develops it in himself, and someone lives in the unknown. Learn to share your skill. One writes inspiring texts, another cooks delicious food, the third heals the sick, the fourth is an excellent shoe repairer. If right now you have nothing to say to the world, sing. Anything. To yourself or aloud. As a child, I did not remember the words of my favorite songs well - I had to invent them. And it was wonderful - he sang about what he wanted. Write texts, compose melodies, color memories. nine0005
If you don't hear answers to questions, go on the road. Do not be lazy, do not think that everything will be as usual, destroy the ridiculous boundaries in your head. The road does not always require money, visas, tickets. The path inward, which is far more important than the outer one, craves only desire. Those who are not afraid to turn inward will find their way outside.
Elchin Safarli - Tell me about the sea
Life is beautiful.
Don't believe the rumors.
Life is beautiful.
Life is a tested product, used by 70 billion people for three million years. This proves its perfect quality. nine0005
Life is what people strive to preserve most of all and cherish least of all.
Jean de La Bruyère
Do not be afraid that your life must end, be afraid that it will never begin. John Newman
Life is not a chain of events that take place around you in time and space… Life is a chain of your inner states that you create for yourself by rating certain events in which you find yourself. Everyone is able to wake up at any moment, realizing these two processes ... One is an external event, the other is an internal state, and the point of their connection is your mind. nine0005
-- Papaji ---
Richard Gere about life.
“My friend's mother has been eating healthy all her life. Never drank alcohol or any "bad" food, exercised every day, was always mobile and active, took all the supplements that her doctor prescribed, never went out in the sun without sunscreen, and when she went out, it was so for a short time , as soon as possible, in general, she guarded her health by doing everything that was possible. She is now 76 years old and has skin cancer, bone marrow cancer and severe osteoporosis. nine0005
My friend's father eats bacon on top of bacon, butter on top of butter, fat on top of fat, never, literally never exercised, burned to a crisp every summer in the sun, in fact he lived to the fullest and not as advised by others. He is 81 and the doctors say he has the health of a young man.
People, you cannot hide from your poison. He is, and he will find you, so, as my friend's mother said: "If I knew that my life would end like this, I would have lived it to the fullest, enjoying everything that I was told not to do!". None of us will make it out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like a minor. Eat delicious food. Walk in the sun. Jump into the ocean. Share the precious truth that is in your heart. Be stupid. Be kind. Be weird. There is simply no time for anything else." nine0005
We all wonder. It took me a long time to figure out which questions are really important. It turned out that those who tormented me "how?" (How to make more money? How to get a promotion?) don't matter at all. No, you need to think about something else. For example, what do flowers think about under the snow? Or when birds book tickets to fly south? Donna Vanleer - Christmas Shoes
Life goes by very fast. If we are not ready, if we do not know how to forgive, love, or listen, then we are past. nine0005
We cannot change the length of our life, but we can do something about its breadth and depth.
Life is good because it does not always meet expectations!
Max Fry "The Outsider. Labyrinths of Echo-1»
To live means to communicate with the world, address it, act in it, think about it. Living is something no one can do for me. Life is what we are, what we do. Life is what we do and what happens to us. Nothing we do is our life if we are not aware of it. To live is to feel life, to be aware of one's existence, where "to be aware" does not mean intellectual knowledge, not any special knowledge, but the amazing presence of life for everyone. Life is discovery, understanding or seeing, being aware of what it is. Continuous discovery - which we make about ourselves and the world around us. To find an image in which the memory of this idea is fixed, let us turn to Egyptian mythology, where Osiris dies, and Isis, his beloved, wants to resurrect him and allows him to swallow the eye of the falcon-Horus. Since then, the eye appears in all the sacred paintings of the Egyptian civilization, symbolizing the first property of life: to look at oneself. Seeing yourself is the main and initial attribute of life itself. To live means to be aware of yourself. Life in its very origins and depths consists of knowing and understanding oneself, in seeing what surrounds us, in being clear to oneself. Life is what we do. To live is to realize that we live here, now, that is, we are in some place in the world. If you came here, then you decided to live this segment of your life in this way. To live is to sustain oneself, endure oneself, and direct oneself. Life is the need to decide what we will become. To live is to be in the world. To live is to constantly decide what we will be. Our life is first of all a collision with the future. You decide to be either attentive or distracted, to think about this or that, and this thinking about life or about something else is your life right now. To live means to be busy with this or that, to do. But this doing means doing something for something. The occupation we are now engrossed in is rooted in this "for" which usually names the goal. To this “for”, considering which I now act and in the atom of action I live and have my being, I have dedicated myself, because among the possibilities that opened before me, I considered it the best occupation of my life. My life is a decision to act. To live is not to be in an impenetrable, opportunity-rich world. The world of life for me consists every moment of the opportunity to do this or that, and not of the necessity against the desire to do one thing and that one thing. To live means to live here, now - here and now are adamant, unchangeable, but wide. Every life decides by choosing itself among many possible ones. To live means continuously, initially to prefer something and neglect something. Life is about deciding what we will be. nine0382 José Ortega y Gasset - What is philosophy?
Quotes about live | Citaty.info: quotes for all occasions
I'm interested in life. It is interesting to talk with a taxi driver, a prostitute who sits in this bar, to walk, to look at faces. Go to stores, watch good movies, read good literature, because everywhere, everywhere, everywhere there is something that makes you happy. nine0005
To live means to work, to admire nature, to hear birds singing and to say pleasant greetings to people. Moreover, all this must be done consciously or spontaneously, without dramatization or hypocrisy, with restraint and dignity.
It is better to live one minute feeling and being conscious than to live a thousand years without feeling and not feeling.
I wish my whole life consisted of such moments: when you feel that everything is possible, that something really important can happen at any moment, and it's so great that you're alive - because when you least expect it you suddenly get exactly what you least expect! nine0005
He won because he survived and he had some freedom to live on.
I want to be naked to the soul, I so want, Lord have mercy, not to drink, but to sing, not to reap, but to live, and not to go - to dance around the world.
Desires change everything: people, the world, events. By giving the necessary strength to desire and turning it into an order, you can control dragons, cause tsunamis, subdue winds, sow fires, have princesses, not princesses, kingdoms, money ...
The main thing is to figure out what exactly you want so passionately. nine0017 The main thing is to learn to want passionately.
Be thee, live in your own?
Live kindly, empathize, be honest, before conscience and God.
Four important signs of what it means to live a fuller life.
I am alive only in the process of my being. I cannot find my being in what I do, what I achieve, what titles I have, in what others think and say about me. I truly exist only in moments of awareness, experience, choice and action. Therefore, I cannot see my being, for I am the vision and everything that I see cannot be me. I am vision, movement, awareness. nine0005
If I want real life, I must be aware of the process of my existence, the fact that my center is my experience, and if I do not take my life seriously, it escapes me. My inner feeling is the key to the awareness of being.
By taking my life seriously, I discover many things in my being that I previously estimated too low, but now I can appreciate it. In this way, I can enrich my life. So, I will pay attention to my emotions - everything, including those that I previously tried to ignore, such as fear and anger, my fantasy, imagination and experiences that I tried to exclude from my life, but which are part of any human history - disappointment and failure. nine0005
If I allow my personality to become attached to objective things, I will be extremely vulnerable to external circumstances and accidents. An identity based on what I have done, how I am perceived, what others think of me is an identity tied to the past. It can lead to stagnation and repetition in life. Only a genuine process identity is alive in the present moment and capable of change and evolution along with the flow of my life.nine0002 If I want to be fully alive, I must accept my limitations as well as my freedom. If I try to know everything and do everything, I will be doomed to lose the understanding of what I can really handle. I cannot know everything, do everything, live forever. I can only know much more than I know now, do much more than I do now, and live a fuller and richer life than I do now.
- How can he preach Bible truths in our time? nine0017 - He not only preaches them, he lives by them.
Explanation of the quote:
Nicholas and Millie are talking about Vash.
I want light, bright, tender,
Early, fragile and empty,
Both reckless and serene,
Completely forgotten and impossible.
I want to fall into the unrumpled grass,
Set envious eyes into the sky,
And plunge into floral scents,
And endlessly adore everything that lives.
I want to see the bend and flow
A blue river among curly bushes,
Soaking up the glow of the sun on your skin,
Throwing yourself into the water from the footbridge without swimwear.