Morgan briggs personality test
Personality Test of Myers & Briggs' 16 Types
AS SEEN IN
Q. What is this personality test based on?
A. This test is based on the personality theory created by Isabel Myers and Katharine Briggs. It measures your preferences on Myers and Briggs' four dimensions of personality type, as well as 23 more detailed facets of type to personalize your results.
Q. How long is this personality test?
A. The test consists of 130 questions and takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.
Q. Is this personality test really free?
A. You do not need to purchase or register to take this test and view an overview of your results. If you would like, you can purchase a more comprehensive full report for a small fee.
Q. Is this personality test accurate?
A. This test has been researched extensively to ensure it is valid and reliable, using a variety of statistical methods. These results are detailed in the TypeFinder technical report. Most of our users describe their results as both accurate and insightful. However, it is important to note that no test can determine personality type correctly for everyone—it's essential that you evaluate your results on your own to decide if they describe you well, and research other possible types if necessary.
Q. What will my results for this test look like?
A. You will first see a brief, free report showing the key points from your results. After reviewing your brief report, you then have the option to unlock your full report for a small fee. To see what you can expect from your full report, see this sample report.
Q. How can I access my personality test results?
A. After you take a test, you will have the option to create an account by entering your email address. If you create an account, you can view your test results at any time by returning to Truity.com and logging into your account. We do not email your results to you.
Q. Do I need to complete this personality test all at once?
A. If you’ve created an account and are logged in when you take the test, your responses will be saved as you go through the test. If you do not log in to a Truity account before starting the test, your progress will not be saved and you will need to complete the test all at once.
Q. Can I have my employees, team or group take the TypeFinder test?
A. Absolutely. Our Truity@Work platform is designed to make it easy to give a TypeFinder personality test to your team or group. See discounted group pricing and learn how to quickly and easily set up testing for your group on the Testing for Business page.
Q. Will this test tell me which careers are best for my type?
A. This test has brief information about the careers for your type, but if you main goal is to find the right career for you, then we recommend you take the TypeFinder for Career Planning, which is specifically designed to help you find the right career for your type as well as your individual interests and strengths.
Q. Is this personality test appropriate for children?
A. None of our tests are appropriate for children under the age of 14. Some of our tests may have mature content, and anyone younger than 18 should only take the test with parental guidance.
Q. Where can I find more information about the 16 personalities?
A. You can find comprehensive profiles of each of Myers and Briggs' personality types here: INFP • INFJ • INTP • INTJ • ENFP • ENFJ • ENTP • ENTJ • ISFP • ISFJ • ISTP • ISTJ • ESFP • ESFJ • ESTP • ESTJ
Q. Can my personality type change over time?
A. If you asked Isabel Briggs Myers and Katherine Briggs (the creators of the 16 personality types) or Carl Jung (the psychologist whose theories Briggs and Myers studied), they would say no, a person's personality type does not change over time. However, personality psychologists who study large populations have found that shifts in personality do occur over time. Research shows that age and individual life experiences can cause a shift in your personality. However, drastic shifts in personality are unusual, and most people find that changes are small and gradual.
Q. I'm looking for the official MBTI® assessment. Is this it?
A. The MBTI® is the original assessment developed by Isabel Myers and Katharine Briggs. The TypeFinder® is based on Myers and Briggs' theory, but is not the same as the MBTI® assessment. Some key differences:
The MBTI® Assessment
- Developed by Isabel Briggs Myers
- Based on theories of C.G. Jung, Katharine Briggs and Isabel Myers
- Measures 4 preferences of personality type
- Available through certified practitioners or online
- Results cost $49 (for MBTI® Online)
- Developed by Truity
- Based on Myers and Briggs' theory and original empirical research
- Measures 4 dimensions and 23 facets of personality type
- Available online
- Results are free, or choose to purchase an expanded report
Q.Are you going to sell my data?
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Myers-Briggs, and MBTI are registered trademarks of The Myers & Briggs Foundation in the United States and other countries. Truity has no affiliation with the organizations publishing or holding rights to the MBTI® assessment.
The Myers & Briggs Foundation
Take the MBTI® Instrument
People who are certified to administer the MBTI instrument are committed to using it in an ethical way, which includes protecting your confidentiality, showing you how to verify your type, giving feedback interactively, and presenting all types as valuable.
Where to take the MBTI® personality assessment instrument
Consultants, counselors, coaches, therapists and many other people with interests in or training with psychology, human development, or social interaction may be certified to administer the MBTI instrument. These trained professionals will help you verify your MBTI type and discuss your results either individually or in a group setting.
Take the Myers Briggs Type Indicator® instrument
The MBTI assessment is administered either online or with paper and pencil, most often through a certified individual who has met certain professional requirements for interpreting the results of the instrument.
Several options are available for those who want to take the MBTI instrument:
- Online: If you would like to take it now, go to mbtionline.com. The publisher of the MBTI® instrument, The Myers-Briggs Company, has developed an online process where participants verify their type preferences while answering questions. Because of the interactive nature of the system, person-to-person feedback from a certified MBTI practitioner is not required. However, individuals who take the MBTI assessment in this way may want to have a follow-up discussion with an MBTI professional. This can help them gain a better understanding of their best-fit type, while providing them with greater insight into the meaning of their preferences. For questions about this service please call 800-624-1765.
- Personal Feedback: You can take the MBTI with personal feedback, provided by the Center for Applications of Psychological Type (CAPT®), the non-profit organization cofounded by Isabel Briggs Myers. This service begins with online administration of the MBTI instrument, and includes a highly experienced, certified professional who assists with the interpretation of the results via an hour-long personalized phone consultation. Not available in Asia or Australia.
- For Children: Through their People Stripes® division, CAPT provides a similar service for parents who would like their children to learn about their personality type. Like the MBTI instrument, the Murphy-Meisgeier Type Indicator for Children® (MMTIC®) is a self-report assessment developed to measure children's psychological type preferences. Parents can have their children take the MMTIC with personal feedback, and the integrated hour-long consultation includes dedicated feedback time for both the child and the parents. Available only in the USA.
- Find an MBTI® Professional: For a list of certified practitioners in your area who can administer the assessment for you, go to the MBTI® Master Practitioner Referral Network.
What to expect when you take the MBTI instrument:
- You fill out a multiple choice questionnaire either in paper form or online. There are no right or wrong answers. The MBTI instrument is not a test. You select the answers that best fit for you.
- Results are most often given in person or by phone through an interactive feedback discussion with a certified practitioner. An interactive feedback discussion with a certified MBTI practitioner allows for personal interpretation that enhances the understanding of MBTI results.
- When taking the MBTI® Online, the integrated self-guided feedback system is designed to help you understand and verify the accuracy of your results. A follow-up conversation with a professional is suggested but not essential.
- Scored results come in the form of an MBTI® Profile Report that is either delivered via the web or given to you in printed form. This report is confidential and is treated accordingly by the professionals who deliver the report to you.
If you have taken the MBTI in the past and can't find your report, you will have to contact the person who gave it to you to obtain your results. The MBTI is a psychological instrument and the report is confidential. The Myers & Briggs Foundation does not have those records.
To learn how to become a certified administrator of the MBTI instrument, go to Using Type as a Professional.
Jung and Briggs-Myers Personality Test
This free personality test will determine your personality type in four letters using Jung's typology, which was perfected by Myers, Briggs, von Franz and van der Hoop. Our test is one of several ways to determine your Jungian personality type, which is similar, but not identical, to the MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) ® MBTI test), the Jung Type Indicator and similar materials.
The IDR Labs Personality Test is the property of IDR Labs International.
Our test is one of the few free tests of this type that is statistically controlled and reliable. Despite this, please note that the test is only a kind of indicator that can only roughly determine your inherent qualities.
The Myers & Briggs Type Indicator and MBTI test trademarks are owned by the Myers & Briggs Foundation, the United States of America and other countries. The MBTI test was published by The Myers-Briggs. The Young Type Indicator is owned by Psytech International. nine0008
All personality tests, whether they are official tests such as the MBTI® (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) and Jung Type Indicator tests, or free online tests such as this one, are merely indicators that can only tentatively determine your personality type. None of the tests can determine your personality type with absolute accuracy and reliability and replace a detailed study of the works of Myers, Briggs, von Franz, van der Hoop and Jung.
As the publishers of this free online personality test by Jung, Myers, Briggs, von Franz and van der Hoop, we have made every effort to ensure that this test is accurate, complete and reliable. nine0005
Like the "official" Jung typology tests and other professionally designed tests, our free online test has been statistically controlled and extensively reviewed to ensure maximum accuracy of results.
To create this test, we used the typology of C. G. Jung's psychological types presented in his work Psychological types and the typology of Isabelle Briggs Myers, co-author of the MBTI® test, which she published in her work Everyone has their own gift . In addition, van der Hoop's works Orientation of consciousness and Character and subconsciousness also had a significant influence on the creation of this test.
This test is based on widely accepted theories, namely the confirmed personality type theories of Jung, Meyers, von Franz, and van der Hoop, and not an approximate version of Jung's typology.
Our free online test also uses van der Hoop's work and tries to pinpoint psychological personality types according to his work. nine0005
The developers of this free online test are graduates who have experience with numerous personality tests and have also worked professionally with personality typology testing. Before taking our free online test, please note that while the four-letter result may be consistent with other official test results, it should not be confused with the Briggs-Myers, Gray-Wheelwright, and Young Type Indicator. The results of our online personality test are provided "as is" and should not be construed as providing professional or certified advice of any kind. For more information about our online personality test, please see our Terms of Service. nine0005
QUIZ: Answer 4 short questions and find out your personality type
August 13, 2020 Tests
Get a short, but capacious description, spending no more than 2 minutes on the test.
This test does not claim to be scientific or 100% accurate. It is based on the Myers-Briggs questionnaire, which is used to identify the individual characteristics of a person. Such testing in an extended version is sometimes taken when applying for a job and before entering a university. We offer you its abbreviated version. nine0005
Remember that this test only helps to roughly outline the brightest sides of your personality, so do not take its results too seriously. :)
How to take the test
- If your memory fails you, stock up on a small piece of paper and a pen.
- When answering questions, choose the option that seems most attractive.
- In each answer option, a letter is given at the end. Write it down or memorize it.
- When you answer all four questions, you will have a letter combination. Find it in the results and find out interesting details about yourself. nine0054
- Share in the comments what combination you got and how the results match reality.
1. You had a day full of setbacks and disappointments. How will you spend the evening?
- Need some distraction! I’ll call my friends and invite them somewhere, it’s more fun to experience sorrows together. (E)
- I will be alone with myself: I will turn on my favorite TV series, cook some tasty treats or think of some other pleasant activity. (I)
2. You have come to a psychologist. He asks the question, “Which of the two statements best describes you?” Choose.
- I prefer to live in the present: what is important for me is what is happening here and now. I am distinguished by practicality and attention to detail. (S)
- I often have my head in the clouds: I like to dream and make great plans for the future. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in myself that I don't notice anything around me. (N)
3. You have been asked to move to a metropolitan area. Now you are thinking. There are more opportunities in a large city, but where you live now, your loved ones and a cozy home. How will you make a difficult decision? nine0008
- I will surf the Internet, consult with knowledgeable people, and calculate an approximate budget for the move. I will carefully weigh the pros and cons, then I will make a decision. (T)
- I will do as my heart tells me. My intuition has never failed me. (F)
4. In a month you have a long-awaited vacation, hooray! How are you preparing for it?
- Tickets have already been bought, insurance has been issued, a plan to conquer the sights has been drawn up. I like to prepare everything in advance. (J)
- Spontaneity is my middle name. A couple of hours before the flight, I will throw everything I need into my suitcase, and I will ask the locals about the sights. (P)
Find your unique letter combination
ESTJ - Leader
Hard work and dedication are your best qualities. You love order, you know how and love to plan, you take on the most difficult tasks without fear, because you are sure of success. You tend to have a rational view of things, you trust facts much more than sensations. You are cheerful, good-natured and love company. Thanks to organizational talents, you can easily incite others to any adventure. nine0005
ENTJ - commander
You are always on the crest of the wave: you know everything about the latest trends and tendencies. You do not take courage, you like to take risks and are always open to new things. You are dynamic, productive and love to overcome difficulties. Your whole life is a struggle in the name of achieving a cherished goal. You have excellent leadership qualities: charisma, authority and the ability to think strategically attract people to you.
ENFJ - mentor
You are very perceptive: you trust your intuition, and it never fails you. You are observant, have a genuine interest in people and their emotions, and are able to catch the slightest mood changes. People around you often turn to you for advice and support, and you are always happy to help them, and sometimes inspire them. nine0005
ESFJ - Enthusiast
You get on well with people, always ready to help, sometimes even to the detriment of your own interests. You are responsive and open. Love and appreciate the praise, the approval of others is necessary for you like air. If a conflict arises somewhere, you feel out of place and try to restore peace and harmony at any cost. You are like a ray of light in a dark kingdom - you are able to charge people with positive and lead.
People like you are often referred to as inspirations. You are curious, mobile, love to be on the move and easily adapt to change. You are a real generator of ideas, constantly inventing and questioning something. You hate routine and do your best to avoid it. You will be captivated by the new and unknown, so you often change your hobbies. You think that in life you need to try, if not everything, then a lot. nine0005
ESTP - fidget
The phrase "I see the goal - I see no obstacles" perfectly describes you. You strive for victory at any cost, sweeping away all obstacles in your path. You are determined and daring, live in the moment and love to be the center of attention. The thirst for life boils in you, you strive to learn everything in practice and not lose a single valuable minute.
ENFP - champion
You are a creative person with a boundless imagination and a great imagination. You are open to the world, freedom-loving, stress-resistant and not afraid of change. It is important for you to constantly take the initiative, offer original solutions, actively interact with people and empathize with them. Routine tasks for you are sheer torture and punishment. nine0005
ESFP - Politician
You live in the present and enjoy the pleasures of the moment. Planning and strategizing makes you tired. When doing something, you often rely on luck, and in case of failure, you quit work without finishing. You are spontaneous and unpredictable, hate procrastination and strive to get everything at once. You like to impress others and make useful contacts.
ISTJ - administrator
“Measure seven times, cut once” is about you. You love rigor and order, carefully think through and analyze your actions. You are result-oriented, so you only take on tasks that you can definitely complete. You are neat and patient, do not like empty talk. You value honesty and hard work, and attempts to shirk responsibility cause you the same resentment as poorly done work. nine0005
INTJ - strategist
You are independent, erudite and able to prioritize wisely. You do not like noisy companies, but you draw inspiration and breakthrough ideas from within yourself. You are a perfectionist to the core, and your cherished dream is to make the world around you more perfect. You hate retrograde rules and stupid restrictions and try to fight them with your innovative ideas, which you often succeed in.
Helping others is an essential part of your life. You believe that love and compassion can save the world. If one of your loved ones needs help, then he will definitely turn to you, and in return he will always receive a clear guide to action. You are vulnerable, value loyalty and do not forgive betrayal. nine0005
ISFJ - defender
You can smell falseness from a mile away, so keep strangers at a distance, and stand behind your loved ones. You do everything to make people dear to you happy, and every day you try to surprise them pleasantly. You are diligent, often making incredible efforts to fulfill your goals. True, you are slow and like to put it off until later. Despite this, you can be relied upon because you never give up what you started.
INTP - architect
You have a philosophical mindset. You constantly put forward hypotheses, argue with yourself, notice important details and strive to get to the bottom of things. From the outside, it looks like you are distracted and in the clouds. This is partly true: domestic issues do not bother you at all. You are focused on important thoughts and do not feel much interest in others. You value coziness and comfort, and you are extremely negative about change. nine0005
ISTP is a virtuoso
You experience the world through sensations, are able to deeply empathize with people and value sincerity. You are quite open, but in case of lies or hypocrisy, you withdraw into yourself. You carefully consider every step before you do anything. You are punctual, objective and moderately curious.
INFP — lyricist
The meaning of life for you is harmony with yourself and the world around you. You are an impressionable person and react sharply to any injustice.