Lower expectations quotes
37 Low Expectations Quotes On Success In Life – OverallMotivation
OM Team 0 Comments
These low expectations quotes will inspire you. Low expectations, the practice of expecting less from members of a disadvantaged group and thus implicitly encouraging those people not to reach their full potential.
A collection of motivating, happy, and encouraging low expectations quotes, low expectations sayings, and low expectations proverbs.
Best Low Expectations Quotes
- “No one rises to low expectations” ~ Les Brown
- “The secret to happiness is having low expectations.” ~ Warren Buffett
- “It is great to be a blonde. With low expectations, it’s very easy to surprise people.” ~ Pamela Anderson
- “The primary limitation in life is our low expectations for ourselves and others. When we expect minimum results, that’s usually what we get.” ~ John C. Maxwell
“There are two ways to be happy: improve your reality, or lower your expectations.” ~ Jodi Picoult
- “The soft bigotry of low expectations” ~ Michael Gerson
- “Keep low expectations and life gets pretty good.” ~ Anthony Hopkins
- “If you put fleas in a shallow container they jump out. But if you put a lid on the container for just a short time, they hit the lid trying to escape and learn quickly not to jump so high. They give up their quest for freedom. After the lid is removed, the fleas remain imprisoned by their own self-policing. So it is with life. Most of us let our own fears or the impositions of others imprison us in a world of low expectations.” ~ John Taylor Gatto
- “I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep everyone’s expectations.” ~ Bill Watterson , Keep low expectations quotes
“I’m the master of low expectations.” ~ George W.Bush
- “Society imposes low expectations of those who have disabilities”” ~ Erik Weihenmayer
- “If your expectations aren’t to be the best, then… you know, nobody rises to low expectations.” ~ Chip Kelly
- “But in any case, I did poorly on the tests and so, in the first three years of school, I had teachers who thought I was stupid and when people think you’re stupid, they have low expectations for you.” ~ Robert Sternberg
- “I had very low expectations. Honestly, I think I had 11 rounds of golf the entire year in before this tournament, and I had hit balls maybe four or five times.” ~ Trent Dilfer
“I went to Washington to challenge the soft bigotry of low expectations” ~ Jonathan Kozol
- “Every time you hear someone read your book and liked your book, you’re never sure whether that’s going to follow with a similar remark from someone else. Perhaps I have low expectations, but whenever I hear someone say, ‘I liked your book,’ I don’t know if it’s going to happen again. ” ~ Joshua Ferris
- “As long as there are people in education making excuses for failure, cursing future generations with a culture of low expectations, denying children access to the best that has been thought and written, because Nemo and the Mister Men are more relevant, the battle needs to be joined.” ~ Michael Gove
- “I have a different starting premise from those 100 academics who are so heavily invested in the regime of low expectations and narrow horizons which they have created.” ~ Michael Gove
- “When I needed to overcome the low expectations of others or the bias that would be expressed in one circumstance or another, I’d keep on keeping on. And I climb over the obstacle, go around it, dig under it, fly over it. That’s what kept me going. Otherwise I would have never been an astrophysicist.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
“Refuse to allow yourself to have low expectations about what you’re capable of creating” ~ Wayne Dyer
- “Americans are in serious intellectual trouble – in danger of losing our hard-won cultural capital to a virulent mixture of anti-intellectualism, anti-rationalism and low expectations. ” ~ Susan Jacoby
- “The first discipline modernity’s originators imposed upon themselves was that of self-restraint, learning to live with vulgarity. Their high expectations for effectiveness were made possible by low expectations of what was to be.” ~ Allan Bloom
- “That is still the case in this country for too many students, the soft bigotry of low expectations. If you don’t expect them to learn, if you don’t expect them to succeed – then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.” ~ Tavis Smiley
- “Its a call-to-action to rise from the dead and actually live. Were born spiritually dead, and Im calling for everyone to become spiritually alive. Secondly, dont wait until later to live the way you were created. God created you to honor Him, find joy, and serve others. Dont sleep on that. Lastly, rise above the low expectations people have.” ~ Trip Lee
“The secret to true happiness is low expectations and insensitivity.” ~ Olivia Goldsmith
- “The way we make money as a group is that we don’t pay a lot for anything, and most of the stocks we buy have low expectations. ” ~ Joel Greenblatt
- “I don’t want to be someone that you’re settling for. I don’t want to be someone that anyone settles for. Marriage is hard enough without bringing such low expectations into it, isn’t it?” ~ Nora Ephron
- “I’ve always found that one of the biggest benefits of being a girl is that most people refuse to take you seriously. While boys must be constantly monitored and are always the first suspects when anything goes wrong, everyone expects girls to do what they’re told. It may seem a little insulting at first, but low expectations can be a blessing in disuise. If you’re smart, you can use people’s foolishness to your own advantage. It’s amazing what you can get away with when no one bothers watching.” ~ Kirsten Miller
- “I still think in this country, and this might surprise you, the one thing that George Bush said as president that I do agree with, I love that phrase, “the soft bigotry of low expectations.”” ~ Tavis Smiley
“The one thing I’ve always had going for me was people’s low expectations.Nobody ever expects a whole hell of a lot from me.” ~ Chris Isaak
- “I don’t really distinguish between a fictional hero and a real-life hero as a basis for any comparison. To me, a hero is a hero. I like making pictures about people who have a personal mission in life or at least in the life of a story who start out with certain low expectations and then overachieve our highest expectations for them. That’s the kind of character arc I love dabbling in as a director, as a filmmaker.” ~ Steven Spielberg
- “One can fall into the soft bigotry of low expectations.” ~ Gerald Chertavian
- “A married guy is responsible for everything, no matter what. Women, thanks to their having been oppressed all these years, are blameless, free as birds, and all the dirt they do is the result of premenstrual syndrome or postmenstrual stress or menopause or emotional disempowerment by their fathers or low expectations by their teachers or latent unspoken sexual harassment in the workplace, or some other airy excuse. The guy alone is responsible for every day of marriage that is less than marvelous and meaningful.” ~ Garrison Keillor
- “I’ve been awkward forever. I have really low expectations for myself. When I do perform to some sort of social standard, I leave feeling really comfortable. I’m either so awkward that I look retarded or I’m so awkward that everyone else feels retarded.” ~ Earl Sweatshirt
“Compassionate conservative soft bigotry of low expectations.” ~ George W. Bush
- “We’ve been sold this lie that disability makes you exceptional and it honestly doesn’t. … I want to live in a world where we don’t have such low expectations of disabled people that we are congratulated for getting out of bed and remembering our own names in the morning.” ~ Stella Young
- “I could hardly be responsible for my actions when everyone around me gave me every opportunity to sink to their low expectations.” ~ Darynda Jones
Comment Your Favorite Low Expectations Quotes Below!
Low Expectations Quotes - BrainyQuoteLow Expectations Quotes - BrainyQuote
Low expectations is the key to happiness in life.
It's great to be a blonde. With low expectations it's very easy to surprise people.
One can fall into the 'soft bigotry of low expectations.'
My mom had very low expectations for me, and she really had a point. I was a big problem at seventeen. If I had a kid like me, I would have those same expectations.
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
I have a different starting premise from those 100 academics who are so heavily invested in the regime of low expectations and narrow horizons which they have created.
I think people in Europe are generally pessimistic about the future. They have low expectations; they're not working hard to change things. When you're a slacker with a pessimistic view of the future, you're likely to meet those expectations.
There are so many instances where kids who have talent and intellect have to navigate the world of low expectations and resources. We have to nurture those gifts more.
If you look hard at it, if you look hard at the bleeding heart attitude to always throw money at issues, throw money at problems, what you're in fact probably saying is you're exercising a prejudicism of low expectations.
All of everything we've ever done has been riding on low expectations. 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs,' a terrible idea. Doing '21 Jump Street' as a movie is a terrible idea. 'The Lego Movie' sounds like a terrible idea.
Don't let Labour's stereotypes and low expectations hold you back, and never let them treat you like a black sheep who will always follow them.
But in any case, I did poorly on the tests and so, in the first three years of school, I had teachers who thought I was stupid and when people think you're stupid, they have low expectations for you.
I still think in this country, and this might surprise you, the one thing that George Bush said as president that I do agree with, I love that phrase, 'the soft bigotry of low expectations.'
That is still the case in this country for too many students, the soft bigotry of low expectations. If you don't expect them to learn, if you don't expect them to succeed - then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
As long as there are people in education making excuses for failure, cursing future generations with a culture of low expectations, denying children access to the best that has been thought and written, because Nemo and the Mister Men are more relevant, the battle needs to be joined.
Every time you hear someone read your book and liked your book, you're never sure whether that's going to follow with a similar remark from someone else. Perhaps I have low expectations, but whenever I hear someone say, 'I liked your book,' I don't know if it's going to happen again.
When people who are not black are interested in what I do, frankly, I'm always surprised. I don't know if it's my low expectations for white people or what.
I think... as an actor, you never want to overspeak about something because, frankly, you want people to be excited about it but still have relatively low expectations so that people will feel better about it.
I would say that engineering has been a very positive experience overall, but usually coming into the situation it would be one of being underestimated. People would actually have low expectations. But I would take advantage of it quite honestly, because I would take my time to underestimate the situation.
It's important that we challenge the culture of low expectations. You need to believe every child can do well.
I am used to the low expectations people have of me: I have a bubbly personality, I smile a lot; I am very feminine.
Europe's Expectations Index Hits Lowest Since Lehman Crash
Gloom pervades Eurozone investor morale and expectations - Sentix
Investor sentiment in the eurozone fell to its lowest level since May 2020 in September as the threat of a severe recession for the 19-nation currency bloc seems almost imminent, a survey released on Monday showed. nine0005
The eurozone Sentix fell to -31.8 in September from -25.2 in August, below analysts' expectations polled by Reuters (-27.5).
The Expectations Index also fell to -37.0 from -33.8, hitting its lowest reading since December 2008, the peak of the financial crisis following the collapse of Lehman Bank.
The Eurozone Current Situation Index also fell, dropping to -26.5 in September from -16.3 in August and hitting its lowest level since February 2021.
"Never in more than 20 years of history, with the exception of the financial crisis of 2008, have investors viewed the eurozone economy so weakly - and at the same time, expectations have been so low," Huebner Manfred, managing director of Sentix, said in a statement.
He pointed out that at the moment there are no signs of monetary assistance similar to the reaction of the central bank after the economic collapse caused by the coronavirus pandemic in 2020. nine0005
A survey of 1,258 investors was conducted between September 2 and 4, according to Sentix.
Based on Thomson Reuters
MarketSnapshot - ProFinance.Ru news and market events in Telegram
These 3 graphs show the unprecedented gas crisis in Europe
Russia will send Europe into recession, and the euro will fall below parity
You can't get away with a mild recession - Nouriel Roubini
Economists warn that an economic crisis in the US and Europe is becoming more likely
endm : kerosene with coupons :)
leto : British people will be banned from using washing machines, dishwashers and ovens between 2pm and 8pm (c)
endm : leto (12:31), this will be a real breakthrough)
leto : "European countries have paid Putin more than €86 billion since February 24... That's €3,700 every second. I've been talking for a minute and a half, during which time more than €300,000 has gone from Europe to Russia, and that's not counting other countries," French TV journalist Francois Lenglet said on air on RTL ...
and burst into tears.
marker : CB_ (12:30), yes, this is not a market rate, they hold it back, as soon as they let it go free-floating, it will fall, the question is whether they will let it go free-floating)
leto : endm (12:58), yes..interesting
news_robot : Gentlemen, a new comment has appeared in the Foreign Exchange Market section
Sea : CB_ (12:30), well xs, import has not increased, tourism (export) is already in the low season
- Market news
Stock market review: red holes, green spots0005
April 29, 2009, 03:35
The MICEX index closed at 887.48 points (-1.65%). The RTS index amounted to 784.01 points (-2.39%) as a result of trading.
The external background before the opening of Russian trading on Tuesday was moderately negative. As a result, the Russian market opened with a decline in the most liquid stocks, Finam Investment Company notes. By 12.40 Moscow time, the MICEX index fell by 3.43% and amounted to 871.46 points, the RTS index - 783.65 points (-2.43%). second tier, the decline reached even greater proportions. The drop leader was Sberbank (-5%), which is trying on the likely problems of Citigroup and Bank of America in attracting additional capital. VTB shares looked more resilient, declining only 2.5%. "Neftyanka" lost 2-4% against the backdrop of more than a 2% drop in commodity prices. The only green spots on the market were preferred shares of Rostelecom (+3.6%) and Pharmstandard (+3.4%). The shares of Pharmacy Chain 36.6 looked better than the market, adding almost 40% on rumors about the purchase by the Western fund and the sale of the Veropharm pharmaceutical plant. The second day there was a correction on the Russian market. According to ITinvest chief analyst Alexander Potavin, the third consecutive trading session of decline is a sure sign that our market may go to lower levels in the future. “Expectations of negative events around American automakers, fears about the lack of bank capital kill the desire of investors to take risks, which causes the strengthening of the dollar and the flow of money to protective assets,” the analyst comments. According to Alexey Pavlov, Deputy Head of the Analytical Department at IC Arbat Capital, a correction on the Western and domestic markets was necessary from a technical point of view: “Continuous growth continued for two months, and the markets looked quite “overheated.” the level of 887.48 points (-1.65%). The RTS Index amounted to 784.01 points at the end of trading (-2.39%). Also, experts pay attention to the upcoming long May weekend. As Ivan Fomenko, an analyst at Absolut Bank, emphasizes, this factor should not be discounted. “Apparently, investors will have a much calmer rest while in the“ cash ”- you never know what can happen during this time on international exchanges, where an already unpredictable situation threatens to worsen even more under the influence of commodity markets. I think that in the coming days, sales at low levels of turnover and activity of participants will prevail on Russian sites,” he explains. The exchange rate of the ruble against the dollar today amounted to 33. 55, the cost of the dual-currency basket - 38.12 rubles. “Despite the risks of a certain reduction in the relative value of the Russian ruble in the longer term, from the point of view of the coming months, the potential for at least an overall significant stability of RUB quotes on FX seems high. The still generally positive price statistics of the oil segment, the availability of reserves in the Russian Federation necessary to compensate for the consequences of the credit crisis, as well as the gradual recovery of the financial markets of the Russian Federation that has recently been developing, support the indicators of the investment attractiveness of the Russian currency in the international market,” notes Alexander Osin, Chief Economist at Finam Management. "Oil prices, which in April for the most part languished near the $50 per barrel mark, have recently been oriented towards stock markets, as it is there that investors are looking for confirmation of the improvement that has begun in the global economy," comments Boris Olshansky, Head of Financial and Stock Markets at B&N Bank: “In my opinion, the quotes of “black gold” may fall again in the near future against the backdrop of weak demand for energy and uninspiring statistics. On Sunday, OPEC member countries declared that they could continue to put up with low oil prices, as long as it helps the global economy recover,” he predicts. By 20.15 Moscow time, the price of Brent blend was $49.6 per barrel, US light oil Light Sweet - $ 49.34 per barrel. Trading in Europe ended in the "red zone": the FTSE index lost 1.69%, the CAC 40 index - 1.66%, the DAX index - 1.85%.
Uncomfortable on the site? Read the most interesting in Telegram and the most useful in Vk.
December 4, 11:40
Two projects from the Tyumen region claim to win the international award #We are together
Last year, four out of six projects from Tyumen were highly appreciated and became winners. nine0005
December 4, 11:26
A schoolboy from Tyumen won the All-Russian robotic competition in Sochi
The RTK Cup final is the first major competition for Dima.