Is the relationship over quiz
Couples Who Fail This Relationship Quiz Are Definitely Over
- by Emily Medlock
- – on
- in Lifestyle
You are either here because you think your relationship is perfect, or you think it's falling apart. You want to test yourself and your partner and see if you have what it takes to stay together forever. These days, with most marriages ending in divorce and most relationships lasting less than a few months, it's hard to have hope. But if you really believe in yourself, your partner, and your relationship, anything is possible? Or is it? Every relationship is different. We all have different hopes, dreams, and ways of living. The fact that we're different is a good thing, and it's the only way we can even have unique relationships. But there are a few things that are deal-breakers, no matter who you are or what you've been through. In this quiz, you'll find out if there are any deal-breakers in your relationship and what is holding you together.
The relationship quiz is best taken with your partner so you can hear both sides of the relationship. Sometimes, we'll have our vision clouded or become bias. If you need to take it alone, the results may not be as accurate, but the quiz was designed to get as close as possible
Try to answer as honestly as possible for an accurate result. Do this and we'll tell you whether or not you'll make it! We just hope you can make it to the end of the quiz, because if you don't then you are 100% over before it even starts!Question 1
When is it okay to flirt with other men/women?
Flirting means something different to each couple and each individual. Although you two are going steady, you might still play around with other people. Some couples think it’s totally innocent while others think that it’s unacceptable. When do you think it's okay to flirt with someone that isn't your partner?Question 2
Are either of you friends with your exes?
This can be a tricky subject, and it's a hard thing to agree on. Some people get jealous while others think it's just wrong. If given the chance, would you think it was totally cool to be friends with an ex or do you think that's a definite no-no?Question 3
How do you feel about your partner's friendships with the opposite gender?
There's this thing about being exclusive that gets couples going mad. While most women feel like their man having female friends is uncalled for, most men will see it as nothing to worry about. Where do you two stand on the debate?Question 4
If you won the lottery this week, what would you do?
Winning the lottery can be a life changing experience for anyone. In fact, it no doubt will change your life one way or another. If you were to be given a winning lottery ticket, what would you do with the money?Question 5
Describe your relationship in one word.
Although there are a million words you can use to describe your relationship, we need you to pick just one. Don't think about it too hard, just go with your gut instinct. Let each word turn into a feeling in your heart.Question 6
If the two of you need relationship advice, who do you talk to?
Everyone fights and everyone has their own issues. These issues often need to be worked through away from the situation. It really depends on the two people in the relationship. As a couple, whenever you need advice, who do you go talk to?Question 7
Put these four priorites in order.
Priorities are the number one thing that causes problems in relationships. Whether it's because of money, lack of time, or mixed up feelings, things are bound to get messy. Together, the two of you need to put these three priorities in order, from the most important to the least.Question 8
How well do you know each other?
Getting to know each other is the first step in a successful relationship. You may know just the simple things like what you like to drink. Or you may not even know what color the other person's eyes are. How well would you say you know each other?Question 9
How often do you agree?
You can probably say how often you agree with each person you have a relationship. You and your brother might disagree 99% of the time while you and your BFF are like twins. How often do you two agree with each other?Question 10
How long should you go together before moving in or getting married?
Moving in together is a big step. It means you two are committed enough to envision a future. While some people skip to getting married, the idea is still the same. You are way past exclusive, you are thinking about forever. How long should you date before reaching this point?Question 11
What would you do if you got pregnant unexpectedly?
What, no baby shower? Getting pregnant is something that happens when the couple involved isn't careful enough. At times, it can even happen no matter how hard you try. If you were to end up pregnant, what would you do?Question 12
How often do you say I love you?
Saying I love you is key to many relationships. Some people don't need it, while others thrive off of it. There are tons of ways to show your love, but how often do you just tell each other you love them?Question 13
If you could only do one of these things with your partner, what would it be?
There are so many things that are important to relationships. Seeing each other, looking each other in the eyes is one way to connect and build attraction. Touching each other is a way to show your love and relieve stress. If you could only choose one of these things, what would it be?Question 14
How secure are you in the relationship?
Security is crucial, but not many knows what it actually means. Say that you find out your love is keeping texts from you, you could assume they are cheating, that they are innocently talking to another girl, or that they are planning you a surprise. How secure are you with them?Question 15
When do you act differently?
Oftentimes, people will act tense around their boss or try to impress their friends to the point of annoying their SO. When you see the real person, it's hard to accept anything else. When do either of you act different than normal?Question 16
Who is the best kisser you've ever encountered?
Kissing is just what you do with the person you're with. It can be awkward at first, but you eventually get into a groove. Then it's fun and a great way to connect. If you had to answer, who would you say is the best kisser in the world?Question 17
Which of these would you say you two are as a couple?
Your attitude can change the world. Whether you see the world for what you think it is, always think the worst of people, or try to see the best, it really does matter. As a couple, which of these would you say you are your partner are?Question 18
Who is your best friend?
Your best friend is the person you feel most comfortable with in the whole world. The person that you can tell anything to and you know that they will tell you the truth, but that they will also be there for you no matter what. Who do you consider your best friend?Question 19
Do you like each others's family?
Family is forever, or so they say. Whether you are married or not, it often feels like your SO's family members are your in-laws. They are almost always involved in one way or another. How do you honestly feel about each other's family?Question 20
Do you enjoy listening to your partner talk?
If no one ever talks, then there is a problem, that's obvious. But as to who does most of the talking, that's another thing. Nevertheless, do you actually like listening to your partner talk about their day, dreams, or just nonsense?Question 21
How important is your appearance?
As in, how hard do you try to look good for each other? While some people are obsessed with their appearance no matter who they are with, others depend on their lover for affirmation. How important is your appearance in your relationship?Question 22
How does your partner make you feel?
We all have our ups and downs, but we're talking about in general. You've just had a long day at work, and you come home to be held by your lover. What one word would describe how you feel in their arms? If your answer isn't here, try to pick the closest one.Question 23
Who makes the decisions?
Making decisions is something that will happen in any relationship. Where do you eat? Where do you live? When do you meet up? There are tons of questions, no matter what your relationship is like. In general, who makes the decisions?Question 24
Which position do you most often find yourself in?
So you don't want to go out tonight and she does. So supper isn't ready and you're both hungry. These things happen all the time. Although most couples have their arguments and disagreements, when it comes down to it, where do you usually end up?Question 25
Do you believe in soulmates?
According to Noah Webster, a soulmate is, "a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner. " It can be a family member or even a friend. However, what we mean is do you believe that there is one person out there for you to spend forever with romantically?Question 26
What would your love story be called?
Let's say a book or movie was written about your love story. It will start from the time you met and end sometime in the future. If this happened, what would be a fitting title? Pick the one that you connect to the most.Question 27
What is the role of a wife?
Since the dawn of time, the standard role of a wife has changed dramatically. In some relationships, it has stayed the same, while in others it has evolved into something completely different. What do you two believe her role is?Question 28
Which Disney couple are you most like?
We won't give off everyone's favorites like Bell and the Beast or Rapunzel and Flynn. We're going to pay tribute to some rather unpopular picks. Which of these random Disney couples reminds you of your own relationship the most?Question 29
What does love mean?
There are tons of quotes on what love is, but right now we're going to focus on how it pertains to one simple word. Sorry. As in, when in a relationship and in love, which of these should you live by? Love means...Question 30
What do you do most often together?
What you do together doesn't mean a lot right? All that matters is that you're together. You probably do a lot of different things (most likely all of these), but which of these things would you say you do the most?Question 31
What love song should be your anthem?
Every couple needs a "song" to call their own. It's one that you can connect to and always makes you smile. What song is the closest to a song you would consider "your song"? We're talking lyrics only as everyone has different preferred genres.Question 32
When is lying okay?
Liar, liar, pants of fire! We used to chant it as kids, but nowadays, we lie to our boss, coworkers, and sometimes even our friends if we feel threatened. But when it comes to your SO, when is it okay to lie to them?Question 33
How do you feel about animals?
Life is precious in any form, some might say, while others are elitists in some way. As far as humans go, we know how you feel. But when it comes to animals, as a couple, how do you feel about them? Do you guys agree on it?Question 34
What do you do with your money?
Money problems are the number one reason marriages end. You likely already knew this, but are you the one in a thousand? Everyone deals with money in their own way as a couple. When it comes to money, how do you decide what to do?Question 35
Finally, do you think your partner is attractive?
Attraction isn't everything, that's true. But every relationship has it to some extent. You may think they are a supermodel and you may think that they are tolerable. Just remember to be honest when you answer. So in your relationship, do you think that your partner is attractive?
Am I in Love or Lust? I Psych CentralRelationship Quiz: Am I in Love or Lust? I Psych Central
- Anxiety Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Childhood ADHD
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Panic Attack
- Postpartum Depression
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Sex Addiction
- Specific Phobias
- Teenage Depression
- Wellness Topics
- Black Mental Health
- Emotional Health
- Sex & Relationships
- Understanding Therapy
- Workplace Mental Health
- Original Series
- My Life with OCD
- Caregivers Chronicles
- Empathy at Work
- Sex, Love & All of the Above
- Parent Central
- Mindful Moment
- News & Events
- Mental Health News
- Live Town Hall: Mental Health in Focus
- Inside Mental Health
- Inside Schizophrenia
- Inside Bipolar
- Wellness Topics
- ADHD Symptoms Quiz
- Anxiety Symptoms Quiz
- Autism Quiz: Family & Friends
- Autism Symptoms Quiz
- Bipolar Disorder Quiz
- Borderline Personality Test
- Childhood ADHD Quiz
- Depression Symptoms Quiz
- Eating Disorder Quiz
- Narcissim Symptoms Test
- OCD Symptoms Quiz
- Psychopathy Test
- PTSD Symptoms Quiz
- Schizophrenia Quiz
- Attachment Style Quiz
- Career Test
- Do I Need Therapy Quiz?
- Domestic Violence Screening Quiz
- Emotional Type Quiz
- Loneliness Quiz
- Parenting Style Quiz
- Personality Test
- Relationship Quiz
- Stress Test
- What's Your Sleep Like?
- Treatment & Support
- Find Support
- Suicide Prevention
- Drugs & Medications
- Find a Therapist
- Treatment & Support
Medically reviewed by Karin Gepp, PsyD — By Psych Central Staff — Updated on May 23, 2022
Entering a new relationship can be exciting and bring up a bunch of positive emotions. If you’ve recently started dating someone, you may ask yourself: Is it love or just lust?
Lust is mainly sexual or physical, with no desire to bond with the person on a deeper level. Love, in contrast, involves feelings of intimacy, vulnerability, and putting in the effort to build a stronger connection.
Certain signs may help you figure out whether you’re feeling love or lust toward your new partner. This relationship test can help.
This brief questionnaire is designed for anyone who might be wondering whether they’re feeling lust or love for the person they’re now dating.
This love or lust quiz is meant to help you answer questions like:
- Am I falling in love?
- How do I know if I’m in love?
- Is it lust?
This “am I in love quiz” is not meant to tell you if you should stay in your relationship long term or not. But you can use this lust or love quiz to find out how you might be feeling right now toward the person you’re dating.
Depending on your responses to this love test, you can also understand whether you’re in love with your partner or experiencing lust.
Keep in mind that every person approaches dating, love, and their unique love language differently. So be sure to trust your gut and deeply assess your emotions before deciding if you’re willing to commit to this person.
If you always ask yourself this question or you typically experience conflicting emotions in relationships, speaking with a therapist can help you navigate dating in healthier ways.
Answer the questions below honestly about the person you have feelings for, and we’ll score the quiz and let you know the likelihood of love.
This online screening is not a diagnostic tool. Only a trained medical professional, like a doctor or mental health professional, can help you determine the next best steps for you.
Ready to start therapy? Our Find a Therapist resource may help.
Last medically reviewed on May 23, 2022
Medically reviewed by Karin Gepp, PsyD — By Psych Central Staff — Updated on May 23, 2022
Read this next
Narcissus and Echo: The Myth and Tragedy of Relationships with Narcissists
The Greek myth of Narcissus and Echo points to the dangers of narcissistic and codependent personality traits.
How to Know If You're Dating a Narcissist
Wondering if your date has narcissism? Here are the signs to look out for.
Commitment Issues Test
Medically reviewed by Janet Brito, PhD, LCSW, CST
If you're afraid of getting close to people or forming long lasting relationships, you may have a fear of commitment. Our quiz can help determine if…
Am I Being Gaslighted? Quiz
Medically reviewed by Debra Rose Wilson, PhD, MSN, RN, IBCLC, AHN-BC, CHT
Do you often have confusion and self-doubt in your relationships but aren't sure why? You can take our test to find out whether you're being…
How to Be More Empathetic in a Relationship and Why It Matters
Empathetic love and understanding are key to a relationship. These tips to strengthen empathy with your partner may help you become closer.
8 Tips to Reconnect with Your Partner After Growing Apart
These expert tips may help you reconnect with your partner if you've been growing apart but wish to rekindle the love and save the relationship.
What to Understand (and Do) About Loneliness in Marriage
Lonely but not alone? Here's how to cope with feeling lonesome despite being married.
How Long Does It Take to Really Love Someone?
Medically reviewed by Jennifer Litner, LMFT, CST
Here's what science says about how long it takes to really love someone and why what you may think is love might not be at all.
Can't Stop Thinking About Someone? This May Be Why (And How to Stop!)
Here's why it may be difficult to stop thinking about that person and how to take them off your mind for good.
The Psychology of Love
Love is a fundamental and complex human emotion. Learn more about the different types of love and their effects on our bodies.
200 Questions for Couples - The Best List of Relationship Questions
Whether you're a new couple or have been a couple for years, we've got a lot of questions for couples that are perfect for the perfect conversation.✍️ September 24, 2020
N e w !
Some questions are more serious than others. So consider which couples questions are right for you and your partner.
We have such a wide selection of questions here that I'm sure you'll find the perfect set of questions for you and your relationship.
- Acquaintance with your partner
- Questions about family and childhood
- Questions about Relations
- Questions about sex
- Questions about the availability of children
One important thing in relations - it is the study of your partner. This way, you can know what to expect from them, and you can also find out if you are a good match for each other.
- What is your ideal way to spend your holidays?
- What makes you dislike a person?
- Do you consider yourself a confident person? Why or why not?
- What are you most proud of?
- What would be your best version of yourself?
- What life experience did you miss?
- When are you really "you"?
- What musical instrument would you like to play?
- What is the best compliment you have received?
- How old would you like to be?
- Under what circumstances did you quarrel with some of your close friends?
- When did an ordinary event or accident completely change the course of your life?
- Are you satisfied/satisfied with those around you? Why, why not?
- If you could go to any country in the world for one month, where would you go?
- What is your favorite memory of someone who is no longer in your life?
- How superstitious/superstitious are you?
- What was a recurring theme in your life?
- What was your most inappropriate or embarrassing fart?
- What do you think happens after death?
- What are your top five rules for life?
- What is your favorite item in your / our house?
- What book or movie would you like to see for the first time?
- If you had a friend who spoke to you the way you talk to yourself, would you keep him as a friend?
- What little things do people do that get on your nerves?
- What gives meaning to your life?
- What would you like to say to people but can't?
- What traits do you find most attractive in people?
- What secret have you never told anyone?
- What small pleasures do you enjoy the most?
- Who is the most annoying person you know?
- What is your biggest mistake so far?
- What have you been struggling with all your life?
- What is the most significant change you would like to make in your life?
- What do you want from life?
- What calms you the most?
- What things do you find disgusting?
- What would your ideal life look like?
- If you were getting paid to follow your dreams, what would you do/do?
- What was your most embarrassing story about being sick?
- What friend have you not thought about for a long time?
- What is the craziest thing that has happened at your job?
- With whom do you behave well but secretly dislike?
- If money weren't an issue, how would you decorate your / our house without my help?
- How good are you at reading people?
- Do you see your future in a positive way?
- Who do you want to be like/be like or look up to most?
- What were the healthiest and unhealthiest periods of your life?
- What is the most severe emotional or mental pain you have experienced?
- What do you like most about where we live?
- What are you worried about?
- What did you screw up/fuck up and then try/attempt to hide?
- What is the scariest / creepiest place you have ever been?
- Do you think the world is getting better or worse? Why?
- How do you think society is changing? Will we change with him?
- The worst thing that people are proud of?
- What was the biggest betrayal you experienced?
- What would be the best present?
- What are you afraid of?
- What makes you feel super cool/cool?
- What would you like your obituary to say?
- What takes up too much space in your life?
- What is the saddest or most joyful realization that you have reached?
- What was the hardest lesson you had to learn?
- You would take $3 million if it meant the person you hate the most in the world would get 9million?
- What part of you as a person still needs a lot of work?
- What words of wisdom are stuck in your head?
- How well do you know yourself?
- What is your best flaw?
- How do you forgive?
- Tell me about the time you almost died.
- Are you ashamed of what you did in the past? If you feel comfortable talking about it, what was it?
- Do you prefer to live in the countryside, in the city or in the metropolis? Why?
- What are your fondest memories of a tree/trees?
- What are the most pleasant sensations for you?
- Are you satisfied with the chosen career path? Or would you like to choose another career?
- What is the most unethical thing you do regularly?
- What could be more difficult than it seems?
- What job do you think you were born for?
- What was the biggest financial mistake you made?
- What makes you lose faith in humanity when you think about it?
- What was the most painful thing you heard?
- What do you think are your biases?
- What internal struggle do you not tell anyone about?
- What luxury item do you sometimes indulge in?
- What do you like to do most when you have time?
- What is normal now, but in 100 years will be considered unethical and barbaric?
- When do you leave to be remembered?
- If there was an accident that left you unconscious in intensive care, how long would you like to be in intensive care?
- Do you believe in luck and bad luck? What about the things that bring good and bad luck?
- If you had a million dollars for charity, what kind of charity would you do?
- What are many people afraid of, but you are not?
- If you could open a business, what type of business would you open?
- The thing that makes a person automatically unattractive to you, even if they are physically attractive?
- What lies have you believed for an incredibly long time?
- What are the three most important turning points in your life?
- What animal are you most afraid of?
- What scandal happened in your area or city when you were growing up?
- How well do you think you would survive in prison?
- What is the most embarrassing social situation you have been in?
- What scares you every day?
- When was the last time you cried?
- What was the most peaceful, calm and pleasant night you had, after which you slept / slept?
- What is the most dangerous thrill-seeking thing you would like to do?
- What is your biggest regret?
- Is it better to trust people or not to trust? And why?
- What are your best and worst qualities?
- Who do you miss the most?
- What is the most difficult life lesson you have learned?
- What do you take for granted?
- Stressful situation you have ever been in? How did/did you deal with it?
- What is the most ambitious thing you have tried/tried to do?
- How often do you change your mind? Or how do you see the world?
- What was the biggest opportunity you were given?
- What should people enjoy more because it won't last long?
- What question do you want people to ask more often?
- What is the saddest thing in your life that no one knows about?
- What are you most sentimental about?
- Do people look down on you more often or, conversely, look up to you? Why is that?
- What question do you most want answered?
- What are the characteristics of a superficial person?
- What do you look forward to most during the day?
- If you could instantly acquire a talent or skill, what would you like to know how to do?
- When is your favorite time of day?
- What is the best and worst thing about the period of history we are living through?
- What is the most useful thing in your daily life?
- Strange thing that stresses you more than it should?
- When do you really feel in your element?
- How likely are you to believe a conspiracy theory?
- Tell us stories from your youth about alcohol?
- What is the best way to improve yourself?
- What was the most productive time in your life? And the least productive?
- What three words best describe you?
- How well do you work under pressure?
- What is your weakness?
- What are the two most important events in your life?
- What is bad for you and you know it, but still can't get rid of it?
- What is the biggest service you have done for someone?
- How does your current morning routine differ from your ideal morning routine?
- What brings you the most joy?
- What are you deliberately ignoring, even though you know you should/should solve it?
- What would you like to be better at?
- Is there anything you have done wrong for many years, only to find out later that you did it wrong?
Questions about their family and childhood
When you're looking for relationship questions, it's always important to ask questions about family and childhood. Knowing where your partner came from, you can understand what they are now -
- What did your parents do that made you incredibly embarrassed?
- What small, seemingly insignificant thing did your parents or someone else say when you were a child that you remember the whole time?
- What is the best or worst thing you have inherited from your parents?
- What made you realize that your parents were just people like everyone else?
- What habits have you had since childhood?
- What family vacation or vacation do you remember as a child?
- How traditional was your family?
- Children often look very much like their parents. How do you want to be different from your parents? And how do you want to be like them?
- What subjects did you like and hate most at school?
- What unusual game did you often play as a child?
- What movie seriously traumatized you as a child or as an adult?
- What irrational fears did you have as a child?
- Which toy played a significant role in your childhood?
- What are your earliest memories?
Questions about relationships
Here are some basic questions for couples that explore the topic of relationships. It is important to be open-minded when asking and answering these questions. This is not about telling your partner what they are doing wrong or what you want from them. It's about working together as a couple to eventually build a healthy relationship.
Quiz: Rate these 10 statements and we'll find out who you would be in a fantasy world!
- What do you consider exceptionally kind or caring about what I did?
- What new hobbies or activities would you like to try together as a couple?
- What is our greatest strength as a couple?
- What can we do to strengthen our relationship?
- Is there anything small we can do for each other every day to make our lives better?
- How much space / time alone should people be given when they are in a relationship with each other?
- What questions should partners ask each other before marriage?
- What do I do that makes you the happiest person?
- How important is it for people in relationships to maintain their own individuality?
- What makes our relationship better than others?
- How do you think our lives will look like in 10 years?
- What do you think will bring us together as a couple?
- What memories do you want to create together?
- What do you think is an essential part of a successful relationship?
- What is your favorite way to spend time together?
- What is your favorite present I gave you?
- Where do you want to live when we retire?
- In what areas do you think our personalities complement each other? (For example, one is too reckless and the other is too cautious, resulting in a balance).
- How well do you think we communicate?
- What adventure would you like to go on with me?
- What's the best relationship advice you've ever received?
- What do you really like about me?
- What do you think is the most difficult thing in a marriage/relationship?
- What can I do to help us as a couple?
- How do you see your role in our relationship?
- What can destroy our relationship that you cannot forgive?
- What makes us different from other couples?
- What do you think would be the best way to strengthen our relationship?
- What are your goals in our relationship?
- How realistic do you think couples are in movies and TV?
- What does a happy and healthy relationship look like?
Questions about sex
Sex is an important topic of conversation in any relationship. It is important to know what each of you considers a healthy and enjoyable sex life.
📖 We offer you: What can we talk about | 1000+ great conversation ideas
- How do you think our sex drives match up?
- How important do you think sex is in our relationship?
- What are you interested in but didn't tell me?
- What do I do in bed that drives you crazy?
- What is your most adventurous thing that you did/done sexually?
- Other than orgasms, what's the best part of sex?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you during sex?
- When am I the sexiest/sexiest for you?
- What would you like me to do in the bedroom to spice things up a bit?
- What's better than great sex?
- What do I do outside the bedroom that turns you on?
Questions about having children
A couple should be on the same wavelength when it comes to children. There can be a lot of fights and heartache in a relationship if one partner wants kids and the other doesn't, or if you both have very different parenting expectations.
👉 We offer you: 400+ great questions about icebreakers
- Do you want to have children eventually? How many children do you want? Why?
- What is the worst parenting mistake a couple can make?
- What is the best way to raise children?
- How do we know if we have done a good job as parents?
- Do you think it is more important for a couple with children to focus on the children or more on each other? Why?
- How do you think children will change/have changed our lives and relationships?
70 great relationship questions
N e w !
Why do you need relationship questions?
Communication is the key in any relationship. You and your significant other should be able to share your past, present and future with each other.
Your conversation should be filled with your dreams and plans, as well as your fears and sad memories. Conversation is everything. However, sometimes it can be difficult to find the right words.
We've put together the top 70 relationship questions to get you and your partner into the conversation. Some of these conversations are deep and meaningful, some are serious and important, and some are just for fun.
We've also put together 10 relationship questions to ask a girl and 10 relationship questions to ask a guy.
- Tips for good relationship conversations
- Good relationship questions
- Deep relationship questions to ask your partner
- Funny relationship questions
- Serious relationship questions
- Relationship Questions to Ask a Guy
- Relationship questions to ask a girl
Tips for good relationship conversations
- Be honest: When talking, always be honest with your partner. There is nothing worse than cheating on the part of a girl and a guy.
- Listen: The best conversation is to listen carefully.
- Show respect: When talking, you should always respect your partner's thoughts, dreams, experiences, as well as their fears, regrets and nightmares. In a good relationship, respect is key.
Questions about good relationships
If you want to improve your relationships through deep and meaningful conversations, you need to come up with the right topics to talk about. The following 10 good relationship questions to ask are perfect for a great conversation between you and your partner. With these questions, you will have a chance to take your relationship to the next level. So, take your partner and check it out!
1. What is your earliest memory of me?
By asking this question, you and your significant other will have the opportunity to talk about your first dates. Maybe it was love at first sight for your partner, or maybe it took a little longer before he was convinced.
2. What would your ideal romantic getaway be like?
Everyone loves to travel. And what could be better than talking about your dreams of a romantic getaway with a partner?
Quiz: Which chess piece are you?
3. What do you want to achieve in your life?
This good relationship question is perfect to start a conversation about your future with your loved one. It is important to know the plans, dreams and wishes of your partner.
4. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Use this question to find out more about your partner's past. By asking this question, you can dive into a deep conversation about past experiences.
5. What do you like most about me?
This is a tricky question: does your partner like your looks more than your thoughts?
🤓 We offer you: The game "20 Questions" to start a conversation
6. How did your last relationship end?
It's always good to know how your partner's previous relationship ended. Yes, it can be painful to talk about past relationships, but it's important to avoid repeating mistakes.
7. How did you grow up?
This question is for talking to your partner about your childhood experiences. It can be great to share stories about your families and childhood friends.
8. Have you ever been in love before me?
Another tricky question about your partner's past. This question can lead to a deep and meaningful conversation about love in general.
📖 Here are 250+ questions to get to know someone
9. What do you hate in a relationship?
This general question about relationships can keep you from making mistakes. Just remember the answer!
10. What is the story of your first kiss?
To be honest, most first kisses are awkward and weird. But in a relationship, you and your partner need to be open to each other and be able to talk about previous romantic experiences.
Deep relationship questions to ask your partner
The following 10 relationship questions are ideal for deep conversation. These conversations are perfect for diving into meaningful discussions with your significant other. Check them out and start talking to your girlfriend or boyfriend!
We offer you: Questions to ask friends
1. What was the worst day of your life and why?
Yes, it's not easy. But in a relationship, you have to be there for each other in good times and bad times. We guarantee that sharing your worst experiences with each other will bring you closer.
2. Do you believe in God?
There are many different religions in this world. Some take their beliefs very seriously, some take them less, and some don't believe at all. So, ask this question and get your partner's opinion.
3. Who is the most important person in your life?
Except for you, of course. Maybe the most important person for him is someone from his family? Or is it one of his friends? Ask a question and find out.
🤓 We offer you: 250+ questions for a guy: Get to know him.
4. What do you think of the supernatural?
Opinions differ here. Some people believe in ghosts, haunted houses and witches, and there are people who only trust science. What type is your girlfriend or boyfriend?
5. Do you want to get married? If yes, then when?
Even if marriage is not as popular these days as it used to be, many couples still choose to get married. You should definitely discuss this topic with your partner to find out if you are on the same page.
6. If you could change something about me, what would it be?
Another difficult question. We doubt that there is even a correct answer here. If your partner really doesn't like this question, you might be better off skipping it.
👉 We offer you: 300 questions to your boyfriend
7. When was the last time you cried and why?
Maybe because of terrible news, or trauma, or just because of a sad movie. Just ask a question and be prepared to hear a sad story.
8. How would you describe an ideal den?
We all want our partners to be happy all the time, right? Then step a step closer to make your loved one happy and test his or her dreams of the perfect day.
9. What can you not live without?
Yes, we are looking for a “thing”, not a person. If your partner says "you", it doesn't count.
10. If you could see the future, what would you like to see in 5 years?
This question is ideal for asking about your partner's dream of the future. Talking about dreams about the future is always a great way to dive into deep conversation. And who knows, maybe your boyfriend or girlfriend is dreaming about you?
We offer you: Funny questions
Funny relationship questions
Do you and your partner like to make each other laugh? Then the following 10 fun relationship questions are for you. By telling each other your funniest and most embarrassing stories, fantasies and thoughts, you will laugh at your ass! Check them out!
1.What was your strangest dream about me?
Whether it was a normal dream or a waking dream, sometimes crazy thoughts come up. And who knows, maybe you starred in the craziest dream?
2. What is the best joke you know?
Clear the stage! Get ready to hear the best joke your partner has prepared. Advice. If this is a racist or sexist joke, run.
3. What is your craziest sexual fantasy?
It's getting hot now. If this is a really weird fantasy, try not to judge your partner.
📖 We offer you: More than 200 questions for a girl: get to know her better
4. What is your favorite drink?
After sharing your favorite drinks, you can also prepare and drink them right away. If you're lazy, you can of course just go to the next bar…
5. What was the funniest moment in your life?
Let's ask this question to be part of the most fun moment in your partner's life. Maybe you shouldn't laugh too hard if he/she is embarrassed/self.
6. What was your first impression of me?
In fact, first impressions are often funny. Maybe your boyfriend initially thought you were a complete bitch? Or maybe your girlfriend thought you were a mindless braggart? Share your thoughts!
📖 We offer you: 70 conversational beginners for couples
7. Who is the funniest person you know?
Maybe you? If you don't know this person, ask for the funniest story ever!
8. What's the funniest thing that happened on one of your dates?
During the date, the moment must have been unspeakably awkward, but that's how the best stories are made, right?
9. What is your most embarrassing sex story?
Everyone has at least one bad story in bed and you don't have to be ashamed. Dare to share your most embarrassing sex story with your partner and start laughing!
10. If I were an animal, what would I be?
There are many wonderful animals. But I hope he/she doesn't say that you will be a skunk. Or a cockroach.
We offer you: 100 Questions to Ask Yourself
Serious Relationship Questions
By answering the following 10 serious questions, you and your partner will have a chance to take your relationship to a whole new level. The following questions are about your thoughts about the past, present, and future. Take a look at them and enjoy great conversations with your significant other!
1. What do you think about love?
Everyone has their own opinion about love. Some believe in one great love while others want shorter relationships. Ask this question and dive into a serious discussion about love.
2. What do you value most in our relationship?
Respect that your partner is answering this serious question and perhaps add your answer to this question as well. This will make both of you happy!
🤓 We offer you: Questions about best friends: get to know them even better
3. Do you think it's possible to deceive someone?
This question may save you from unpleasant surprises in the future.
4. What is your opinion about the current political situation in our country?
Yes, it's not easy. But in a serious relationship, it is also important to exchange opinions about political views. It's definitely never too early for this conversation.
5. What is the worst thing that has ever happened in your past relationship?
We all have the baggage of past relationships with us. Whatever your partner tells you, try to be understanding. But take your time with your partner's answer if he/she doesn't want to answer this question.
🤓 We offer you: ❤️ 13 easy ways to improve relationships in relationships
6. Where do you want to live in the future?
This serious relationship question is important if you are thinking about the next step. Start talking and make sure you're on the same wavelength!
7. If we ever have children, which of us will stay at home?
Even if you are not thinking about your children right now, it is never too early to talk about such things.
8. When was the last time you were jealous?
Jealousy is a terrible feeling. While no one wants to be jealous, we will all be jealous someday. Tip: If your partner admits that he is often jealous, you should help him feel more secure in the relationship.
We offer you: Questions for friends
9. What are your goals for the future?
Have you finally found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with? Excellent! Then ask him or her that serious question to see if you are on the same page.
10. Is there a question that you have never asked me, but have always wanted to?
If so, now is the time to ask this question.
Important questions about relationships
There are some topics that are definitely worth discussing in a relationship. We've rounded up the 10 most important relationship questions to ask your partner right now. Check them out and dive into an important conversation with your partner!
1.How important is family to you?
Is there anything more important than family? In our opinion, no, but well, everyone has their own experience with the topic of the family. But be careful, this question could mean that you will be part of every family gathering from now on.
📖 We offer you: 100 questions to ask your girlfriend
2. Have you ever cheated on someone?
If so, be sure to let your partner complete the story. Who knows, maybe there were good reasons for his behavior?
3. What would be your plans if we had financial problems?
No one can know what the future will bring. And, unfortunately, financial difficulties can hit anyone. It is best to develop an emergency plan with your partner now.
4. What can improve our relationship?
Behind any successful relationship is a lot of work and compromise.
📖 We offer you: 250+ Quality Conversation Starters & Questions
5. How would you tell me if you were no longer happy in our relationship?
Even in the best of relationships, doubts sometimes arise. And the only thing that helps is to discuss your thoughts with a partner. Communication is the key.
6. What would you call deception?
For some, flirting is cheating, but for others, kissing another person is okay. At the beginning of any relationship, you should clarify what the word “treason” means to you.
7. Do you want children?
Even if you don't want to have children yourself, you should discuss this topic with your partner. It is very important to share your thoughts and plans for children with your partner.
We offer you: Questions to ask people
8. What do you think of my family?
Even if you often get upset with your affectionate parents or annoying siblings, no one else is allowed to say anything against them. Of course not, this is your family. But in a successful relationship, your partner becomes part of your family, so you should also accept his/her opinions about your loved ones.
9. What do you think about polygamy?
There are many couples who define their relationship as polyamorous. Be sure to discuss this important relationship topic with your boyfriend or girlfriend.
10. What do you think is your worst habit?
Everyone has bad habits. But have you seen the worst of your partner yet?
📖 Here are 200+ questions to ask a guy!
Relationship Questions to Ask a Guy
Here we have compiled the top 10 relationship questions to ask a guy. These intimate questions are made for you to ask your boyfriend. Check out these 10 great conversation starters to deepen the relationship between you and the man you love!
1. If you think about your past love interests, do you have a special type? If yes, do I fit in?
Everyone has their own type. But are you even his type? But don't be upset if you don't fit the categories of his past type. People change!
2. How would you feel if I made more money than you?
Even though we live in the 21st century, some men are still afraid of successful women. You should clarify this at the beginning of the relationship.
👉 We offer you: 40+ questions to get to know your partner on a deeper level
3. Do you believe that love can last a lifetime?
Eternal love is usually the happy ending of fairy tales and romantic films. But is there true love in real life? And have you ever found true love?
4. What makes you truly happy in our relationship?
The answer to this question about relationships that a guy will ask is sure to surprise you. And hopefully it will make you happy too!
5. What do you think, what kind of a grandfather would you be?
This question to ask your boyfriend is for dreamers. How will you two be grandparents? Share your thoughts and dreams for the future!
We offer you: Topics for conversation
6. What do you think about feminism?
Yes, in fact, there are still men in this world who think that women belong in the kitchen. Better make sure you don't catch any of these men.
7. What is your happiest childhood memory?
Talking about happy childhood memories is always a great way to get to know each other on a deeper level. If he can't think of something quickly, maybe fill it in with more information: he might start thinking about past birthdays, vacations, holidays, or his childhood friends.
8. What do you think is more important: money or happiness?
Is he more of a materialist or an idealist? And does he think money can buy happiness? Also share your opinion with a partner!
🤓 We offer you: How well do you know me? Friendship test, questions
9. What do you think about voting in elections?
The right to vote is a privilege that our ancestors fought for. And in many other countries, this struggle is not yet over. For this reason, everyone should vote in elections. Make sure your partner always votes too.
10. Why do you love me?
The last relationship question to ask your boyfriend is not an easy one. Here you should give the chosen man time to think about it. But after he gives you all the reasons why he wants to spend the rest of your life with you, you will definitely feel higher than the moon. Enjoy it!
Relationship questions to ask your girlfriend
The following 10 relationship questions are perfect for you if you want to start a deep conversation with your girlfriend. These conversations are perfect for deepening your relationship.
🤓 We offer you: Friendship quiz questions
1. Your dream job?
It's always nice to talk about dreams with your loved one. With this question, you can share your thoughts, plans and desires with each other. Try asking this question to your girlfriend and see what happens!
2. Who was your first love? And what happened to him?
Sometimes it can be painful to talk to a partner about past love affairs, but it is definitely liberating. Besides, the first infatuation happened a few decades ago and wasn't particularly serious anyway. So let your girlfriend talk about her first love experience and please don't laugh!
3. If you could be a man for one day, what would you do?
We bet it will be something dirty. After your answer, she will definitely ask you what you would do if you were a girl for a day. Get ready!
We offer you: Hypothetical questions
4. What do you remember about our first meeting?
The first impression is always special. Ask your girlfriend this question and find out what they thought when they first saw you!
5. What is your favorite scent?
What could be better than pleasant smells? Find out which scent your girlfriend likes the most, and who knows, maybe you'll find a perfume that smells exactly like that? When you wear it, she definitely can't take her hands off you.
6. Who is your best friend and what do you like about this person?
True friendship cannot be outweighed by money. Some have many friends, some have only a few, but very good friends. However, it says a lot about a girl, how she treats her friends.
🤓 We offer you: ❤️ 10 fun first date ideas to get close and laugh at the same time