Vision statement for marriage examples
How To Create Yours In 5 Easy Steps
A marriage vision statement is essential to building the successful marriage you desire.
If you do not consciously know or have a vision of what you want for your marriage and family, you will find it difficult to build the marriage and family you ultimately desire..
By knowing the kind of life, marriage, and family you want to have, you will be able to make a good decision as to the vision you want for your marriage and family.
Our marriage vision
One of the fun conversations we had both before, and after our wedding, was choosing the type of family life we wanted to create.
We talked about what we each wanted the atmosphere at home to be like, how involved we wanted to be in the different areas of our life, and for each other to be.
By having that conversation, we were able to come up with a vision for our marriage and family; an ever-evolving, learning as we go, the overall theme for our family.
Our marriage vision statement
To have a peaceful marriage, a peaceful family, and a peaceful home.
We wanted a peaceful home, as stress-free as we could make it, that was also unified, warm and inviting. Since then, we had to begin the hard work of creating a peaceful life, marriage, family, and home we desired.
It did not just happen. We had to work hard, and stay committed to making it a reality.
Once we knew we had succeeded in making our marriage vision a reality, all we do now is to maintain and improve it as we grow together.
Below are the steps we took to make our marriage vision statement a reality.
These are the steps we took, but you can apply them in creating a vision for your marriage too.
1) The first thing we had to do was to work on ourselves!
Improving our character and learning important things like patience, communication, fighting fairly, etc.
What is a marriage without communication and friendship?
Definitely not the peaceful one we had in mind! We had to be mindful in choosing the tone in which we spoke to each other, as well as the words we use.
It’s so hard to take back hurtful things once said. So we chose to not get over emotional and say something we would regret.
2) We had to work on keeping our marriage the number one priority.
We had to learn to work together as a team.
We grew closer together by having this common goal for our life and marriage.
We always put in the effort to make our marriage the best it can be, and never stop learning or growing in this aspect of our life.
3) We had to create limits and boundaries.
Together we agreed on certain things, e.g. not having deeply emotional relationship with another person, thereby putting ourselves at risk for emotional cheating.
Prevention is better than cure, right?
We also agreed on what was appropriate as far as visitors, family, or anything that came up. This was hard at first, but it got easier with time.
4) We had to be on the same page with our finances.
Money fights are the number one cause of divorce.
So you can see why our decision to agree on spending money was so integral to living our marriage vision.
5) Raising great children.
We had our ideas of what we would be like as parents and how we would do things. Then our daughter was born, and everything changed.
We had to find the best way to work together, continue educating ourselves, and communicating through this parenting adventure.
Check out some of the parenting lessons we learned, and now share with first-time parents.
6) Eating healthy food and exercising. We want to be as active and healthy as we can because we believe this creates inner peace, feel great, and improve our lifestyle.
Those are some of the things we did to make our vision a reality.
It will vary for you since we are all unique individuals but the steps below can help you to create a vision for your marriage.
5 easy steps to creating a vision for your marriage.
1. Discuss it with your spouse, share each other’s vision of your marriage, and come to an agreement. See what your dreams have in common.
You might be using different words for the same thing because we all communicate differently.
2. Write your marriage vision statement based on your agreement above and memorize it.
3. Figure out what you both need to work on and the skills that you need to develop in every aspect of your lives to make your marriage vision a reality.
4. Put those skills into action throughout your daily life.
5. Assess your progress during your regular marriage checkups and see if you have made progress.
If no progress has been made, find out what went wrong, and revisit steps 3 and 4 above. Attack the problem, not the person.
By having regular marriage check-ups at least once every quarter, we are able to ensure we are living our marriage vision.
As we all know, every part of our lives is intertwined. Therefore, each aspect of your life must be considered when creating a vision for your marriage.
You should also consider choosing a theme for your family. If you do not know what it is, you can learn about it here.
What is your vision statement for your marriage?
Image courtesy mrpuen / freedigitalphotos.net
Creating a Vision Statement for Your Marriage
Creating a vision statement for you marriage helps you to keep your focus on the central goal of your marriage. It unifies your expectations together. Plus it shows you what needs to be done to achieve your vision. The Marriage Minded vision statement must inspire your relationship by encompassing all of your hopes and dreams.
MARRIAGE VISION STATEMENT
Start your vision statement by writing all the positive, affirming words that describe your ideal of marriage. Use nouns, verbs, and adjectives.
Consolidate your words into sentences that inspire you, drive you, and cover your dreams as a couple.
Review your vision with your spouse and revise until both of you agree it describes the ideal picture of your marriage.
Put it in an obvious place. Read it daily. Memorize it.
Here are some vision statement sentences and ideas:
• Jesus changed the world one life at a time and we are privileged to continue His vision with our marriage. Our love shows Christ and inspires others.
• As husband and wife, we enjoy the love of God being unleashed through our marriage and our family. We seek to walk in our full potential as a spouse, parent, and minister.
• Our marriage encourages each other and invites the Holy Spirit to guide us in strengthening and giving significance, openness and forgiveness towards one another.
• We live to serve each other and by serving each other — we live! We are deliberate in setting aside time for each other.
David and Gretchen Willard wrote this article, which came from the book, Breakthrough Marriage. Unfortunately, the book is no longer available. But if you can find it, we recommend you read it. It truly is a book to help you fall in love with your spouse all over again.
— ALSO —
We have some additional suggestions that can help you to create your vision statement for your marriage. But you’ll need to read through them on a few other web sites. Trust us when we say, it’s well worth the search. Plus, we supply the links! All you have to do is click into them read, pray, glean, and use/adapt what will work for you. We pray you will find this helpful.
With that said, the following is a link to a Doingfamilyright.com article to help you further in writing a vision statement for your marriage. Dr Dave Currie wrote this particular article. It includes the process of developing a marriage vision statement and a marriage mission statement and beyond. He gives some great guidelines. Plus, he includes the mission statement that he and his wife Donalyn wrote as an example.
The guidelines and pointers that are given in it could help you in this mission, as well.
Please click onto the link below to read:
• MARRIAGE: Developing a Marriage Mission Statement
And then here is another link to another great article that will help you in this mission:
• HOW TO CREATE A MARRIAGE MISSION STATEMENT
As you work through the process of writing your vision/mission statement, you could discover the same thing that another couple did:
“Before we wrote our mission statement, we didn’t realize how secular our goals were.”
To learn more, please click onto the Marriagetrac.com link below to read:
• MARRIED ON PURPOSE
Lastly, Concerning Making a Vision Statement:
Below is a link to the vision and mission statement that we, Steve and Cindy Wright, put together for our marriage. We hope it will give you ideas for your marriage vision/marriage statement as you put together yours:
• PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENT FOR MARRIAGE
If you have additional tips you can share to help others, please “Join the Discussion” by adding your comments below.
Tagged: intentional marriage goals, vision
Filed under: Communication Tools
Administration of the Ostrovsky district
Information about the census area in Ostrovskiy municipal district
Notice of public discussion phone 8 (49438) 31-3-84.
- Introducing the press releases of Rosselkhoznadzor.
- Charity film forum "Children's KinoMay in Kostroma"
- All-Russian subbotnik "Green Russia"
- In the Kostroma region, the agricultural micro-census is being completed
- Introducing the press releases of Rosselkhoznadzor.
- CARRYING OUT A SOCIOLOGICAL INTERNET SURVEY ON THE TRANSPORT MOBILITY OF THE POPULATION OF THE KOSTROMA REGION
- In Kostroma, the Russian Post held a commemorative cancellation dedicated to 90 anniversary of Russian television broadcasting
- The safety of our children is in our hands!
- Plan of work with children in the libraries of the MKUK CLS of the Ostrovsky district from August 16 to August 31, 2021
The administration of the Ostrovsky municipal district informs that from 16. 08.2021. temporary changes to the timetable for the following municipal routes have been canceled:
The movement of buses on all municipal routes is carried out according to the previously valid schedule.
Information for residents of the Ostrovsky district from the Office of Rosreestr for the Kostroma region
ALL-RUSSIAN PUBLIC ORGANIZATION "RUSSIAN RED CROSS"
The GIMS Center of the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia for the Kostroma Region informs
TOP-5 questions about the new procedure for obtaining an electronic signature
On changing the bus schedule from August 3, 2021
Requirements for the movement of farm animals
On nominating candidates for the title of "Honorary Citizen of the Ostrovsky Municipal District of the Kostroma Region"
On the implementation of the Warning against violations of mandatory requirements in the field of land supervision
Capital and current repairs: what's the difference?
Ask a question? Solve the problem of? How can I contact the administration of the Ostrovsky municipal district of the Kostroma region
- WHY YOU NEED TO PAY FOR MAJOR REPAIRS
- Non-compliance with the established quality requirements of the medicinal product for veterinary use
- Veterinary regulations for emphysematous carbuncle (emkar) entered into force on January 1, 2021
- HOW TO SAVE PERSONAL ANONYMY IN DIGITAL REALITY?
- REMEMBER YOUR STUDENT SOMETIMES
- Rosselkhoznadzor Administration for the Kostroma and Ivanovo regions informs about the new procedure for the sale and transportation of seeds of agricultural plants
The administration of the Ostrovsky municipal district of the Kostroma region informs about amendments to the Labor Code of the Russian Federation, in accordance with the Federal Law of December 29, 2020 No. 477-FZ "On Amendments to the Labor Code of the Russian Federation".
Kostroma district of the Kostroma region the owner was imposed an administrative fine for overgrowing farmland.
Prevention of animal rabies
Inspection of a social institution in the Kostroma region revealed a violation in the field of quality and safety of grain and products of its processing
Today's situation regarding support measures for liquefied bottled gas.
Rosselkhoznadzor Office for Kostroma and Ivanovo regions send warnings to prevent administrative offenses
African swine fever prevention measures
Personal mission statement
When I was reading Stephen Covey's book , The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, I first encountered the concept of a personal mission statement. Covey describes how a vision or personal goal statement can help you live a more balanced life. nine0003
The most effective way I know to start from the end is to develop a personal mission statement or philosophy or creed.Stephen Covey
The Personal Mission Statement is a reliable and effective productivity tool that will help you make better decisions and explain your life's purpose. Its creation will allow you to explore the purpose of your life and how you are going to achieve your goals. It takes time to develop a personal mission statement. It needs to be evaluated regularly. nine0003 Stephen R. Covey
Here are some simple tips to help you get through this procedure.
- Each person has his own opinion about what profession to engage in, what relationships to create and what aspirations to realize.
- If you are stuck, a personal goal statement can help. Policy statements aren't just for corporations and organizations.
According to Stephen R. Covey, effective people are driven by their missions and live their ideals. It is believed that inefficient people follow someone else's agenda and organize their lives around important issues. nine0003
Introspection, introspection, and textual expression are all necessary for setting out a personal goal. Unlike what can be done in 5 minutes, it can take weeks or even months to achieve a personal goal. Drafting a statement is critical because it will help you explain your innermost ideas and feelings. You will know better who you are, what you are worth and what you value.
2. Making a decision
The mission statement becomes a personal constitution. It will help you make important life-changing decisions and small everyday ones. This will not make such solutions more accessible, but will provide focus and direction. Think of it as a plan of action that you can turn to for guidance as you go about your life. nine0003
Step 1: Determine what's important
Writing a personal mission statement is similar to developing a personal brand, but the stakes are higher. Before writing a personal goal statement, you can use a mind map to divide your life into major categories. Typically, these areas look like this:
- Family nine0031
- are my innate abilities?
- What matters most to me, both personally and professionally?
- What makes me get out of bed in the morning and what makes me stay in bed?
- what does my ideal day include? nine0014
- What values influence my work, studies and relationships?
- Ideals I don't want to violate? This may apply to professional charters that you have agreed to join.
- What mistakes have I made so far and how can I prevent them from happening again?
- what are my goals?
- When am I most and least effective as a parent, employer, employee, or spouse?
- "I believe..."
- "I am happiest when..."
- "I am at my best when..."
Also consider each of your responsibilities. These include spouse, parent, employer/employee, student, brother/sister. Consider these topics related to your goals, values, ideals, progress to date, areas of concern, and so on. You will establish three or four principles that guide you in your vision or personal mission statement in an ideal world.
Step 2: Use external resources
Next, think about what you value in this world. Consider inspiring leaders, people you want to be like, and people you want to avoid. How can you put the teaching and learning into practice? What mistakes should you avoid? You can learn as much from failures as from victories. You can also discuss your previous accomplishments and disappointments with friends or family members. nine0003
Step 3: Ask yourself the hard questions
By asking and answering the hard questions, you can develop a more honest mission statement. Ask questions such as:
You can create a personal document with questions and answers, simple bullet points, or handwritten notes. The answers to these questions should help you identify insufficient resources and abilities, as well as other aspects of your professional or personal life that require clarity. nine0003
Step 4: Focus on the big picture
A great mission statement includes specific long-term goals. Think about where you want to go and where you want to be in a year, five or even ten years. Think about what you would do if you had an infinite amount of time, money and resources. Think big when creating your goals.
Gather the information in a permanent document, place, or source that you will refer to frequently. Organize your duties, responsibilities, beliefs, goals, and aspirations into a few core themes or concepts. The end product can be a mantra or a slogan that you repeat to yourself. It could be a photo, a logo, or a document that you read once a week or once a month. nine0003
It should include all elements of your life, such as work, health, family, and not just one, such as work. If you are going to use words, start with verbs, for example:
Be honest with yourself. Your mission statement should reflect your biggest passion and long term goal. Recognize that it is worthwhile to revise your mission statement as you develop and learn. nine0003
You can hang up your mission statement or keep it somewhere private but accessible. You can also change this goal statement and create one for your family. Keeping a statement of personal goals in a prominent place is a good idea. Ideally, you should read it quarterly.
This way you will be able to determine whether you are
- 1. live in accordance with your mission and
- 2. align it with your current core values. nine0014
As a result, you may need to revise the mission statement.
Writing an effective personal mission statement involves evaluating whether it fits your purpose and reflects how you want to spend your time.
Example 1 - Mahatma Gandhi
I will not be afraid of anyone on Earth
- fear only God.
- do not harbor ill will towards anyone.
- do not tolerate injustice from anyone. nine0014
- overcome untruth with truth.
- And resisting untruth, I will endure all suffering.
Example 2 - Anonymous
- In order to achieve happiness, satisfaction and value in my life, I will seek and experience all the pleasures and pleasures of life.
- My basic principles are not an obstacle to my hedonistic pursuit of happiness. Instead, they serve as a basis for recognizing, seeking out, and receiving those joys that last the longest and bring the most satisfaction. nine0014
- To be worthy of the respect and admiration of family, friends and business partners is the greatest pleasure.
Example 3 - Anonymous
- Remember where I have been and where I am, foster healthy relationships with family and friends, making a personal commitment to be honest and conscientious in order to choose an ethical path.
- Find inner peace by turning inward and using your heart to fulfill your dreams and ambitions, and your mind to seek knowledge, while maintaining a sense of balance between all your obligations. nine0014
- To be content with my surroundings and always know where my safety is.
- Build a reputation as someone who strives to achieve all the goals I set for myself, achieving success in my personal and professional life.
- Enjoy every moment of the journey, discovering laughter, love and happiness every day.
Example 4 - Anonymous
- be kind and proactive in developing and maintaining ties with family and friends in order to be considered a successful spouse, father, son, brother, uncle and friend. nine0014
- always behave honestly and never compromise with honesty so that I can claim that I am someone who stands up for what is good and right.
- intends to approach life with an inquisitive mind in order to better understand my inner and outer environment.
- take care of my health by exercising often, eating healthy and avoiding anything that could harm my body.
- will view money as a servant, not as a master. Over time, I intend to achieve financial independence. My demands and resources will curb my desires. I plan to spend less than I earn, save regularly, and invest some of my earnings. nine0014
- plans to write posts for my blog that are uplifting and motivating to help people live a better life.
- Remember that when things go wrong, there are so many things for which I am grateful. As a result, I plan to give myself to the community through donations and volunteering so that those in need can get help.
Example 5 - Maya Angelou
My mission in life is not just to survive, but to thrive, and to do so with passion, compassion, humor and style. nine0003
Writing a goal statement requires a deep spiritual search, and this takes time. This would not be worth doing if they were cunning people. If you still need help, Franklin Covey has created an online mission statement builder.
Whatever style you use, the benefits of mission statement are enormous. In times of crisis or uncertainty, your mission statement will serve as a guide.
A personal mission statement is a personal statement that defines who you want to be (character), what you want to do (contribution and achievement), and the values or principles that guide your life and work. nine0003
Personal Mission Statement Brief
- Begin by thinking about who you are and who you want to become.
- Make a list of the main things, what you want your legacy to look like, and what you are most passionate about. Imagine how you want to see your life at the end of your career, if it's difficult.
- Dream big and take the time to explain your most important goals rather than limiting and short-term plans.
- Ask colleagues or mentors how they rate your most outstanding abilities and find out what makes you different from other people with similar knowledge.