Quotes on yourself about life
100 Best Self-Love Quotes to Empower You and Build Self-Esteem
For many, love is an emotion typically reserved for the special people in our lives. But who is more deserving of this intense feeling of deep affection than the person staring back at you in the mirror?
Self-love is the foundation and basis for all the love that flows from our hearts to others. Whether it’s toward a family member, a close friend or maybe even a beloved pet, that deep appreciation and high regard grows from the roots of self-love. Although love starts from within, exercising self-love is not always easy. Let’s face it, we all have our ups and downs when we may not feel at our best, which can allow self-doubt to creep in. Simply put, life happens, and sometimes we need a self-esteem boost to get us back on track.
Reading self-love quotes is a great way to remind us of our worth and reinforce the importance of nurturing our well-being. Encouraging, positive and inspiring words can help foster a stronger relationship with the person who will always have our best interest at heart: ourselves.
No matter if you’re feeling inadequate or have simply fallen into a self-esteem rut, these uplifting self-love quotes are the perfect antidote. Bookmark and read this roundup when you’re faced with a challenge and need an instant pick-me-up to get you through. They also act as great daily affirmations.
From acclaimed poet and essayist Ralph Waldo Emerson to pop superstar Beyoncé, let their enlightened words remind you of your remarkable strengths and one-of-a-kind attributes. Remember, in order to love others, you must first love yourself. So, don’t forget to carve out time for activities that make you feel good. Whether that’s curling up with a good new book or booking a relaxing spa day, continue to shower yourself with love and watch all of your relationships flourish.
"Be faithful to that which exists within yourself."
“One of the best guides to how to be self-loving is to give ourselves the love we are often dreaming about receiving from others. ”
E. E. Cummings
“The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you be somebody else.”
M. Scott Peck
“Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.”
“We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.”
“Be the love you never received.”
“How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you. ”
“Even when it seems that there is no one else, always remember there’s one person who never ceased to love you – yourself.”
“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.”
“To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.”
Thich Nhat Hanh
“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
“Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.”
“If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.”
“As I began to love myself, I found that anguish and emotional suffering were only warning signs that I was living against my own truth.”
Christian Nestell Bovee
“Our first and last love is self-love.”
“You can receive all the compliments in the world, but that won’t do a thing unless you believe it yourself.”
“If you ever want to love someone, love yourself unconditionally first. ”
Diane Von Furstenberg
“You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.”
“You have to grow, you have to be, you have to love yourself unconditionally.”
“The absence of self-love can never be replaced with the presence of people’s love for you.”
Ellen Sue Stern
“Believing in our hearts that who we are is enough is the key to a more satisfying and balanced life.”
“It is never too late to be what you might have been. ”
“There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.”
“Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?”
"All people deserve your kindness, but none more so than you.”
“Loving yourself isn’t vanity; it’s sanity.”
Louise L. Hay
“Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.”
“I don’t like myself. I’m crazy about myself.”
“Just do what works for you, because there will always be somebody who thinks differently.”
“Don’t let hollow heroes distract you from saving yourself.”
“Self-love is the source of all our other loves.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one’s own sunshine. ”
“Love yourself so much that when someone treats you wrong, you recognize it.”
“To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.”
“Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward.”
"When admiring other people’s gardens, don’t forget to tend to your own flowers."
“To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.”
“Even when it seems that there is no one else, always remember there’s one person who never ceased to love you – yourself. ”
Shannon L. Alder
“One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”
“Be very very very gentle with yourself. The world is very very hard on you.”
“You were born an original work of art. Stay original always. Originals cost more than imitations.”
“You can never meet your potential until you truly learn to love yourself.”
“Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it.”
“You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”
“You have to be able to love yourself because that’s when things fall into place.”
Veronica A. Shoffstall
“Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.”
“I celebrate myself and sing myself.”
“You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are. ”
“I love myself for I am a beloved child of the universe, and the universe lovingly takes care of me now.”
“In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.”
“Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.”
“As hard as it is, owning who you are and knowing what you want is the only sure path to affirmation... I want women to know they can get out of any situation if they return to their core source of strength: themselves. ”
“If there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.”
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
“Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.”
"Love yourself no matter who you are or where you come from."
“You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.”
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ”
“Friendship with oneself is all important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.”
“Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth, and everything else will come.”
“Scarcity of self-value cannot be remedied by money, recognition, affection, attention or influence.”
“This life is mine alone. So, I have stopped asking people for directions to places they’ve never been."
"Don't forget to tell yourself positive things daily! You must love yourself internally to glow externally. "
“A person learns how to love himself through the simple acts of loving and being loved by someone else.”
“Comparison is an act of violence against the self.”
“Flowers grow back even after the harshest winters. You will, too.”
You've got to love yourself first. You've got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else."
Karl G. Maeser
“Be yourself, but always your better self. ”
“Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give, and nobody will care for you.”
“Keep taking time for yourself until you’re you again.”
“Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.”
“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
“I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.”
“If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life.”
“Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.”
“To know what that true self is without social pressure is to know your true nature.”
"All you can do is be your best self. I've always felt that I had to be that much more aware of how I present myself. I'm representing more than just me. I think every person should think that way."
“I was once afraid of people saying, ‘Who does she think she is?’ Now I have the courage to stand and say, ‘This is who I am. '”
“To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.”
“Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.”
"Be bold, be brave enough to be your true self."
“Make peace with your broken pieces.”
“You must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first.”
“Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It's about accepting all of yourself.”
“You are enough. A thousand times enough.”“Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It's about accepting all of yourself.”—Tyra Banks
Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne
“The things that make me different are the things that make me.”
“You change the world by being yourself.”
"Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that's when you're most beautiful."
“Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do. ”
"To me, it's that incredible sense of belonging and peace within your own self and heart that really is joy."
"If you are happy, you can give happiness. If you don't love yourself and if you are unhappy with yourself, you can't give anything else but that."
"If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy."
“You don't have to change who you are for anyone: if you are your regular, authentic, confident self, then you can push to do whatever you want. ”
“You alone are enough, you have nothing to prove to anybody.”
“Loving oneself isn't hard when you understand who and what 'yourself' is. It has nothing to do with the shape of your face, the size of your eyes, the length of your hair or the quality of your clothes. It's so beyond all of those things and it's what gives life to everything about you. Your own self is such a treasure.”
“Inner beauty should be the most important part of improving one's self.”
“You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop. ”
“Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Fall in love with the path of deep healing. Fall in love with becoming the best version of yourself but with patience, with compassion, and respect to your own journey.”
"Self care is giving the world the best you instead of what's left of you."
Karla Pope Karla Pope is a longtime writer, editor and blogger with nearly two decades of editorial experience.
236 Be Yourself Quotes to Be Authentic and True
This collection of be yourself quotes will prove to you how much better life can be once you value and appreciate yourself for simply being you.
If we were all the same, the world would be a terribly boring place.
Tell us your favorite be yourself quote using the comment section.
What are the benefits of reading be yourself quotes?
We must see ourselves for who we are and honor what makes us special and unique.
It isn’t easy to truly be yourself in a world where conformity is the norm.
It’s easy to give in to peer pressure and try to be like the majority.
But you don’t have to be like everyone else.
These be yourself quotes will remind you that you can be whoever you want to be.
It is up to us to choose our paths despite pressures to conform to the:
- Worldviews of others
We must find the courage to build our futures from the inside out.
Below are some inspirational quotes on being yourself to motivate you to love yourself and live your best life rather than trying to impress others.
You might also like these know your worth quotes to boost your confidence.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Uplifting be yourself quotes and sayings to inspire your best life
1. “Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive.”– Gerard Way
You will also enjoy our article on self-respect quotes.
2. “Don’t worry what people say or what people think. Be yourself.” – Brett Hull
You will also enjoy our article on BTS quotes.
3. “Don’t compromise yourself – you’re all you have.” ― John Grisham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of short uplifting quotes that inspire positivity.
4. “Don’t try to impress people. Always be yourself!” – Bella Thorne
You will also enjoy our article on everything will be okay quotes.
5. “To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.” ― Roy T. Bennett
6. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” ― Lao Tzu
8. “There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself.” – Anthony Rapp
9. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”– Shannon L. Alder
10. “No other version, no matter how perfect it is, would ever feel better than being your true self.”– Edmond Mbiaka
11. “Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire.”– St. Catherine of Sienna
Be yourself quotes to inspire you to love yourself
12. “ Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”– Oscar Wilde
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Oscar Wilde quotes from the iconic author.
13. “Live life as though nobody is watching, and express yourself as though everyone is listening. ” – Nelson Mandela
14. “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”– Oscar Wilde
15. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
17. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
You might also like these Bad Bitch quotes that will inspire confidence within you.
18. “Say what you feel. It’s not being rude, it’s called being real.” – Unknown
19. “We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.” – Francois de la Rochefoucauld
20. “Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.” – Julius Charles Hare
You might also like these I am who I am quotes on why your individuality matters.
Be yourself quotes to inspire happiness
21. “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” – Dave Pelzer
22. “Just be yourself, and enjoy the blessings that God’s borne out on you.” – Delilah
23. “Just be yourself, let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful & magical person that you are.” – Mandy Hale
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of be real quotes celebrating the real you.
24. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
25. “When nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It’s not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It’s up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside.” – Joel Osteen
26. “I feel that the simplicity of life is just being yourself.” – Bobby Brown (see more simplicity quotes)
27. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.” – Philip Pullman
28. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” – Mark Twain
29. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” – Beyoncé
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of self worth quotes to boost your confidence.
30. “The only way you’re going to get through life, happily, is being yourself.” – Nikki Blonsky
Also, check out our list of the best baddie quotes to celebrate your individuality.
Be yourself quotes to boost your self-esteem
31. “Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means you’re brave enough to be yourself.” – Luna Lovegood
32. “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.” – John Mason
33. “Just because they disagree, doesn’t mean you ain’t right.”– Toba Beta
34. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”– Johnny Depp
35. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” – Winnie the Pooh
36. “Don’t compromise even if it hurts to be yourself.”– Toby Keith
37. “He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away.” – Raymond Hull
38. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive. ” – Harold Whitman
39. “Be happy without comparing yourself to others.” – Unknown
40. “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these spiritual quotes about inner peace and love.
Be yourself quotes to elevate your mind
41. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”– Bernard M. Maruch
42. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
43. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
44. “Take care not to listen to anyone who tells you what you can and can’t be in life.” – Meg Medina
45. “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner. ” – Lao Tzu
46. “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
47. “I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.” – Jimi Hendrix
48. “The more you put yourself in situations that show that you don’t care what people think, the more people will seem to like you because they know you are truly being yourself.” – Joe Casanova
49. “If you peg your identity to the things you do, you are facing a never-ending cycle of identity evaluation.” – Janeen Latini
50. “Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” – L. Hay
You might also like these inspirational simple quotes that will inspire you to live a simply beautiful life.
Other inspirational be yourself quotes and sayings
51. “Take the time to come home to yourself every day.” – Robin Casarjean
52. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – André Gide
53. “I figured out that being yourself isn’t something that just happens. It’s something you create. You have to create yourself.” – The Bully Book by Eric Kahn Gale
54. “No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” – Buckminster Fuller
55. “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.” – Kurt Vonnegut
56. “You change the world by being yourself.” – Yoko Ono
57. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings
58. “Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?” – Charles Bukowski
59. “Why try to be someone you’re not? Life is hard enough without adding impersonation to the skills required.” – Robert Brault
60. “I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.” – Mozart
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of lonely quotes that prove it’s okay to be alone.
More be yourself quotes and sayings
61. “Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.” – Allen Ginsberg
62. “Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.” – Brian Tracy
63. “Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone don’t be someone else just be yourself.” – Selena Gomez
64. “Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” – John Jakes
65. “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.” – Suzy Kassem
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of rejection quotes about life, love, and goals.
66. “Do not try to impress anyone by showing them how worthy you can be, always be yourself and let fate speak for you.” – Deborah Nwakwesili
67. “Never forget who you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister
68. “Be everything that you are unapologetically, most of you will find out that you are not just one color, you are a Rainbow.” – Mridula Singh
69. “Don’t aspire to be the next somebody else. Be proud and embrace being the first and only you!” – Tammy Ferebee
70. “Break the rules, stand apart, ignore your head, and follow your heart.” – Paula Abdul
71. “Fully accepting, loving, and being yourself allows you to be 100% authentic. This means being fully responsible for yourself.” – John Felitto
72. “You have done it by being yourself. Perhaps that is what being a friend means, after all. ” – Roy Croft
73. “We must be our own before we can be another’s.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
74. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” – Margaret Mead
75. “You have your own challenges, and you, too, are imperfect. But you are the perfect YOU!” – Nick Vujicic
Be yourself quotes to motivate you
76. “But to me, to be original is to be yourself.” – Marc Newson
77. “It sounds so simple, but if you just be yourself, you’re different than anyone else.” – Tony Bennett
78. “Don’t try to fit in or stand out – just be yourself.” – Kunal Khemu
79. “Be yourself. It’s really important not to try and be someone else.” – Katelyn Ohashi
80. “True success will come when you have the courage to be yourself.” – Marcela Valladolid
81. “You don’t worry about being liked. You have to be yourself.” – Vince Vaughn
82. “Remember to always be yourself.” – Joss Whedon
83. “If you can just be yourself, then you have to be original because there’s no one like you.” – Marc Newson
84. “What is a friend? I will tell you… it is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.” – Frank Crane
85. “It’s good to have people in your life around whom you can be yourself.” – Varun Sharma
86. “You can’t think about things you want to change. Just be yourself.” – Ethan Embry
You might also like these love yourself quotes that will increase your self-esteem.
Short be yourself quotes
87. “You have to be yourself.” — Young Thug
88. “Be yourself. Unapologetically.” — Kesha
89. “Be yourself and set the trend. Don’t follow.” — YG
90. “Be yourself, but always your better self. ” — Karl G. Maeser
91. “Be yourself. Create your own unique style.” — Kim Tae-hyung
92. “Be yourself. The world worships the original.” — Ingrid Bergman
93. “The message is risk, really risk. Be yourself. Create.” — Mary Daly
94. “Just enjoy every moment – don’t stress. Just be yourself.” — Mabel
95. “Just be yourself. Be honest, work towards a goal, and you’ll achieve it.” — Emraan Hashmi
96. “You just have to be yourself and go full with confidence and be courageous.” — Gabby Douglas
Be yourself quotes that will make you appreciate your uniqueness
97. “Why escape your intended purpose by copying and trying to be someone else? You will discover who you were meant to be only after you have shown confidence being yourself.”
― Suzy Kassem
98. “Shine bright, be yourself.” ― Stephen Richards
99. “Originals cost more than imitations.”― Suzy Kassem
100. “Do not bend yourself to make others feel taller. When someone comes at you telling you what you are and slapping a label on you, simply ask them why. Why would you say that? Make THEM think.” ― Rose McGowan
101. “Always be yourself because once you lose yourself you lose everything.” ― Brendon Thutso
102. “Being different has its own uber power which is strikingly irresistible.” ― Hiral Nagda
103. “There is nothing worse than deluding yourself and trying to make yourself out to be somebody you’re not–somebody you’re not comfortable being.” ― Alex Trebek
104. “Conformity is usually beneficial to society, but is often detrimental to individuality.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
105. “I want to get paid to be myself. Sounds smart until you realize you’re clueless about who you are.” ― Koki Oyuke
106. “Don’t wish to be normal. Wish to be yourself. To the hilt. Find out what you’re best at, and develop it, and hopscotch your weaknesses. Wish to be great at whatever you are.” ― Lois McMaster Bujold
Be Yourself Quotes and Saying That Will Make You Believe in Yourself
107. “Never stop being YOU. I am out to be the best ME I can be. Do what you LOVE and you will be badass.” ― Terry Crews
108. “There is no paycheck that can equal the feeling of contentment that comes from being the person you are meant to be.” ― Oprah Winfrey
109. “Don’t try to be someone else. Be yourself.” ― Joe Louis Walker
110. “Just try to be yourself and resist complacency and ignorance. All you can do is work, work; work and be disciplined.” ― Raoul Peck
111. “You’ve got to be humble really to be yourself or to get a chance to be yourself.” ― George Harrison
112. “The best advice I’ve ever got is to be yourself. Stay true to who you are and what you stand for and you’ll go far in life.” ― Snoop Dogg
113. “Success will come. Or it won’t. But I think you can only make a go at it in a big way by fully being yourself and taking risks. People can feel risks.” ― Caroline Polachek
114. “Just be yourself, be you and that’s how I think you’re going to feel the most confident.” ― Lindsay Ellingson
115. “Be yourself. Follow your heart. I know it sounds obvious, but it’s the best advice at anyone ever. Take advice from other people, but take from it what feels right for you.” ― Michael Stipe
116. “I tell them that the most important aspect is to be yourself and have confidence in yourself.” ― Wilma Rudolph
Be yourself quotes for Instagram
117. “Break the rules, stand apart, ignore your head, and follow your heart,”― Paula Abdul
118. “Be yourself, because you are the perfect YOU!”― Jacci Mendelsohn
119. “Don’t look for society to give you permission to be yourself.”― Steve Maraboli
220. “Be your own self. Love what YOU love.” ― Ray Bradbury
221. “Don’t be afraid to be who you are, no matter who that person might be.”― Mandy Hale
222. “The opinions of others should not deter you from being yourself..”― Lailah Gifty Akita
223. “Life is simple, just be yourself.”― E’yen A. Gardner
224. “Sometimes it takes a lot of courage to be who you are.”― Joan Bauer
225. “Life’s too short to live someone else’s”― Nathan W. Morris
226. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.”― Coco Chanel
Be Yourself Quotes and Sayings To Live By Your Standards
227. “Be yourself and try to make all the things possible in your life that are leading towards a satisfied you.” ― Adam Green
228. “The essential lesson I’ve learned in life is to just be yourself. ” ― Wayne Dyer
229. “You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way.” ― Richard Bach
230. “Living by your core values has these benefits: It gives you permission to be yourself.” ― James O’Donnell
231. “In short, who cares! Be yourself, enjoy who you are.” ― Byron Pulsifer
232. “Champion the right to be yourself; dare to be different and to set your own pattern; live your own life and follow your own star.” ― Wilferd Peterson
233. “It is the power to be yourself, to sing your own song, dance your own dance, speak your own poetry.” ― Thomas J. Sergiovanni
234. “Be yourself and become aware of when your primitive mind chooses the wrong path or action.” ― Edmund Ronen
235. “Relaxation helps you to be yourself while letting your personality do the interaction.” ― Dan Miller
236. “The most daring thing is to be yourself and to do exactly what you want to do at that point in time and not to be worried with what other people are doing or what’s popular.” ― Wiz Khalifa
Which be yourself quotes and sayings were your favorites?
The world will always try to make you something else.
People will try to make you conform to their values and expectations.
However, it’s upon you to find the courage to chart your own path rather than trying to impress others.
Hopefully, these be yourself quotes have inspired you to love yourself and be yourself no matter what others might think or say of you.
Did you enjoy these be yourself quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
November 29, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Related Topics:daily trending quotesQuotes
Self Quotes - ReadRate
No matter what, remember: you have yourself. We collected wise thoughts from the world of literature about how important it is for a person to love and appreciate himself. There will always be time to scold.
Quotes about yourself are not pathetic phrases and sayings of famous people. This is a reminder to everyone: take care of yourself, love and respect yourself - the most normal thing in the world.
In daily routines, and even more so in difficult times for the world, it is easy for a person to forget about himself. It seems that thinking about your desires and needs when someone is much worse is a manifestation of terrible selfishness. It so happened that many in life push their interests to the background. Especially when they bear the burden of responsibility for the family, subordinates or clients. nine0003
Constantly thinking about others and forgetting about yourself is not a good strategy. Be kinder to yourself and in no case confuse selfishness and banal concern for your own spiritual and bodily health.
Quotes about myself - rather than about us, but for us. Read the thoughts of great authors about respect, self-worth and self-love.
"Love for yourself is the basis for loving another person."
Tit Nat Khan
“You are braver than you think. Stronger than you think. And smarter than you think." nine0019
Alan Milne. “Winnie the Pooh and all-all-all”
“Be yourself. Other roles are already taken. Oscar Wilde Jane Eyre
Selfishness is a symptom of a lack of self-love. He who does not love himself is always worried about himself.
“If this burden is mine, then I can handle it.” nine0019
Margaret Mitchell. Gone with the Wind
"Once you gain confidence in yourself, you will learn to live."
"Self-love, my lord, is not such a vile sin as neglect of oneself."
William Shakespeare. "Henry V"
"If you want to be loyal to someone or something, start by being loyal to yourself."
“There is a test to determine whether your mission on Earth is completed or not. If you're still alive, then it's not finished." nine0019
"Respect yourself, love yourself, because there has never been a person like you and never will be."
"I withdraw into myself and open up the whole world."
By tradition, we duplicate the quotes below. This will make it easier for you to save them all in one fell swoop.
- “Love for yourself is the foundation for loving another person.” (Tit Nat Khan)
- "You are braver than you think. Stronger than you think. And smarter than you think." (Alan Milne. "Winnie the Pooh and all-all-all")
- “Be yourself. Other roles are already taken. (Oscar Wilde)
- "...respect yourself so much that you do not give all the strength of your soul and heart to someone who does not need it..." (Charlotte Bronte. "Jane Eyre")
- "If I got this burden, then I can handle it." (Margaret Mitchell. "Gone with the Wind")
- “Egoism is a symptom of a lack of self-love. He who does not love himself is always worried about himself. (Erich Fromm)
- "Once you gain confidence in yourself, you will learn to live" . ( Johann Goethe)
- "Self-love, my lord, is not such a vile sin as self-neglect." (William Shakespeare. "Henry V")
- "If you want to be loyal to someone or something, start by being loyal to yourself." (Paulo Coelho)
- “There is a test to determine whether your mission on Earth is completed or not. If you're still alive, then it's not finished." (Richard Bach)
- "Respect yourself, love yourself, because there has never been a person like you and never will be again. " (Osho)
- "I withdraw into myself and discover the whole world." (Johann Goethe)
Finally, we want to say: it's not a shame to worry and root for yourself. Only by keeping yourself whole and healthy, you can survive any adversity. If you are still worried about the selfishness of such a desire, know that by taking care of yourself, you do better for those to whom you are dear.
You may also like the material with quotes about what it's like to be human.
Quotes about myself with meaning
Quotes about myself with meaning - I withdraw into myself and open the whole world. Goethe
I am not an artist, but I paint my dreams. I am not a writer, but I am writing my book of life.
I'm smart, although I don't look like me.
I can't stand it when people expect something from me. I immediately want to do the opposite. nine0003
Dimly, deep down, we know who we really are. This is the sorrow of our soul: we are not who we would like to be. Aldous Huxley
Call me whatever instrument you like, you can upset me, but you can't play me. W. Shakespeare. Hamlet
I roll where the puck will be, not where it was. Wayne Gretzky
One of my downsides is that I forgive people for things that are not forgiven, and I get offended by the most ordinary little things.
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must move. Albert Einstein
So many stones have been thrown at me that none of them is scary anymore. Anna Akhmatova
“Getting old is boring, but this is the only way to live long” Sainte-Beuve
Know yourself? If I knew myself, I would run away in fear. Goethe
At 18 you care what people think of you; at 40 you don't give a damn about what people think of you; at 60 you already know that no one has thought of you at all... John Fowles
Never give up on something that makes you smile. Heath Ledger
The weather is so wonderful outside, there is nothing to complain about. And I love to whine! This fucking good weather ruined everything...
I want love and affection, but there are noodles and fairy tales all around!
Do not rush to talk about yourself. The conversation about you will start as soon as you leave. Al Pacino.
… respect yourself enough not to give all the strength of your soul and heart to someone who does not need it… Charlotte Brontë. Jane Eyre
If God wants to make you happy, then he leads you on the most difficult path, because there are no easy paths to happiness. Dalai Lama
I have many friends, but few friends, real, for life, those who are ready to lend a shoulder to you in difficult times, who rejoice at your luck, perhaps more than you yourself.
My biggest regret in life is that I never learned to speak frankly with my parents, especially with my father. David Bowie
If you think you can do it, and if you think you can't, you'll be right anyway. Henry Ford
I'm not leaving. Sometimes I just don't. E. M. Remarque
Everything we lose will surely come back to us, but not always in the way we expect. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
I try to live like ordinary people live. As soon as a fighter considers himself great, he will lose. Fedor Emelianenko
Being unhappy is a habit. Being happy is also a habit. The choice is yours. Tom Hopkins
"If you can dream, you can make your dreams come true" Disney Walt
Growing up, I read so many role models in books. For the most part, they taught me what to do and when, how to behave. Neil Gaiman
I live in the moment. And he's wonderful. Jean Paul Belmondo
I will not waste the days of my life in pursuit of prolonging them. Ian Fleming
It seems to me that if there is absolute happiness, it is the feeling of being in the right place and with the right person. Yes Soya
"The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer someone up" Mark Twain
Nothing destroys a person so much as prolonged inactivity.