Exercises for confidence
5 Psychology-Backed Exercises That Will Make You Feel More Confident
- Hubspot Blog
Oh no! We couldn't find anything like that.
Try another search, and we'll give it our best shot.
My father once told me a certain amount of delusion is required to be a great surgeon (in case there are any offended surgeons out there, he didn’t mean it in a bad way). When you literally hold lives in your hands, you need to be sure that what you’re doing is the right call -- constantly second-guessing yourself is actively dangerous.
But it’s impossible to be 100% sure, 100% of the time. Which is why a little bit of delusion comes in handy.
Sales -- and for that matter, any customer-facing role -- is kind of similar. Delusion might be too strong a word, but successful salespeople need to be more self-confident than your Average Joe. You deal with rejection day in and day out, so you need to have a thicker-than-average skin if you’re going to keep coming in every day.
It’s hard to keep your confidence levels high, though. If you’re having one rough day after another, how do you keep your energy up and start every day fresh?
Lucky for you, science is on your side. Try the list of exercises below you can use to “hack” your own psychology and give yourself a boost of self-confidence when you need it.
5 Psychology-Based Exercises to Boost Your Self-Confidence
1) Do a “power pose.”
Amy Cuddy’s TED talk “Your body language shapes who you are” is a must-watch for all salespeople. In her talk, Cuddy, a social psychologist and professor at Harvard Business School, reveals that your body language can change how you perceive yourself.
Cuddy conducted a study where subjects were asked to stand in high- and low-power poses. Their levels of testosterone and cortisol, hormones that influence confidence and stress levels, were measured before and after they did so.
The group that assumed high-power poses saw a 20% increase in testosterone and a 25% decrease in cortisol after standing in their pose for just two minutes.
That means your body language can literally hack your brain. Here are five high-power poses to try out the next time you need a boost:
- Lean back in your chair with your feet up on a table, hands folded behind your head
- Stand up and lean over slightly, with both hands resting on a table surface
- Stand with your legs apart and hands on your hips
- Lean back in your chair with one ankle crossed over your other knee, hands folded behind your head
- Lean back in your chair with your legs apart, and drape your arm over a chair / rest next to you
To learn more about the psychology of body language and what low-power poses you should avoid, watch Cuddy’s TED talk below.
Smiling is a powerful mode of communication. Humans can identify different smiles even if they’re just listening to audio, and we can distinguish between genuine and fake smiles as well.
But even a forced or fake smile is good for you, according to the 2012 Psychological Science study “Grin and Bear It.” In the study, researchers placed chopsticks in subjects’ mouths to produce a Duchenne (genuine) smile, standard smile, or neutral expression. The subjects in both smile groups had lower heart rates and were less stressed.
So even if you’re not feeling it, smile -- it’ll make you feel better.
3) Have a “confidence buddy.”
When you’re feeling down, it can help to lean on your friends and family -- after all, it’s nice to know that people are there for you.
But science suggests that social support can have positive long-term effects as well. According to Psychology Today, having a support network helps people manage their stress and boost their self-esteem. A 2013 study even showed that shy people have lower self-esteem than people who are more outgoing.
Whether it’s a work colleague or a particularly responsive friend, ask someone to be your “confidence buddy.” When you need a boost, let them know you need their support -- and of course, do the same for them.
4) Listen to a high-power song.
It’s well-known that music can affect your productivity and energy levels. But according to a 2014 study in Social Psychological and Personality Science, it can affect your confidence as well.
The researchers tested 31 songs from multiple genres to see how powerful subjects felt before and after listening to clips. Within the high-power list -- which includes songs like Queen’s “We Will Rock You” and 2 Unlimited’s stadium classic “Get Ready For This” -- they found that music with heavy bass made listeners feel more powerfulmade listeners feel more powerful thansongs with low bass levels.
The takeaway? Queue up a playlist of your favorite bass-heavy songs the next time you’re feeling under the weather.
5)Take on an alter-ego.
If you watch Silicon Valley, you might remember a recent scene in which quiet, reserved Jared adopts the alter ego of “Ed Chambers,” who is loud and assertive. As “Ed,” Jared gets everything he asks for.
According to a study published in the American Sociological Association's Social Psychology Quarterly, Mixed Martial Arts fighters use this same technique.They boost their confidence and stamina by giving themselves as powerful alter egos in the ring.
To apply this strategy, imagine you’re someone else on your next call. Maybe that’s a top-performing rep on your team, or a character you’ve invented yourself. Think, “What would [name] do in this situation? What would they say?”
This doesn’t mean you should always act like someone else. Successful salespeople develop their own unique selling style and stick to it. However, when you need a quick boost of confidence, getting out of your own head can make a big difference.
How do you maintain your self-confidence? Let us know in the comments below.
Topics: Confidence in Sales
Don't forget to share this post!
13 Confidence Building Exercises Every Woman Needs To Try
What do Beyonce and Taylor Swift have in common? They rock self-confidence like no one’s business. They’re unapologetically bold. They carry themselves with a type of elegance that makes everyone’s heads turn when they walk into a room. They have precisely the type of self-confidence all of us women should have. It's like they practice confidence building exercises on a regular basis!
Well, if you’re ready to channel your inner Queen B and T-Swizzle, I’ve got 13 confidence building activities for you to try. These are also activities to build self esteem if this is an area you struggle with too.
Why should you practice confidence building exercises?
Merriam-Webster defines confidence as “a feeling or consciousness of one’s powers or reliance on one’s circumstances. ” What does this mean for us women, exactly?
It means that when you’re confident, you feel secure in who you are and where you’re headed in life. You don’t focus on your weaknesses because you stand grounded in your strengths.
It means you have high self-esteem and believe in your ability to handle any situation that comes your way. You always feel ready to take on the world and accomplish your goals — because you know you’re capable of achieving your dreams.
Doesn’t that type of confidence sound like something every woman should strive for?
13 Daily confidence building exercises and activities to build self esteem
If you’re ready to boost your self-esteem, here are 13 confidence building activities to try!
1. Stop comparing yourself to others to start building confidence
First things first, stop comparing yourself to others. Comparison is the thief of joy. You’ll never experience the type of self-confidence you deserve if you’re constantly measuring your success by those around you. It’ll only leave you feeling inadequate and insecure.
So one way to practice this is by writing down your comparison triggers. Your trigger could be someone on social media, a high-end retail store near your house, a certain friend who can’t stop bragging about their achievements.
After you’ve written down your triggers, see what you can do to reduce them in your life. For example, if it’s social media, set aside an hour this week to unfollow anyone who makes you doubt your self-worth. If it’s a certain clothing store, stop visiting.
2. Focus on your strengths
We often remember the bad more than the good, according to a recent Washington Post survey. And when we’re laser-focused on all the times we’ve failed, it can destroy our confidence. One way to boost your self-esteem is to focus on your strengths. There are two confidence building exercises you can try for this one:Reflecting on everything you’ve accomplished so far in life can improve your self esteem
Go back as far as you can remember (even to that spelling bee you won in 5th grade). Write it all down so you can reference it when you need a reminder of how awesome you are.Writing down everything you’re good is a great confidence building exercise
It could be as simple as, “I’m good at making homemade coffee that rivals any coffee shop” to something complex like, “I’m really good at building a successful business that generates more than $80,000 in revenue a year.” Focus on these strengths — they’re the reason you rock!
Don’t know what you’re good at? Ask your family and friends or go through these 60 journal prompts for self discovery.
3. Ditch perfectionism
How many times has perfectionism held you back in life? You don’t run that marathon because you think you need to be more in shape. Your boss passes you up for a promotion because you didn't think you were qualified. You spend hours agonizing over that business report because you just need to edit it one more time.
Perfectionism kills confidence — and it prevents you from getting anything done. Now is the time to ditch perfectionism and stop overanalyzing everything. Sign up for that marathon now. Go after that promotion. Submit that report. You just might surprise yourself.
4. Rewire your negative thoughts and beliefs
Human beings have over 6,000 thoughts per day. And for some of us, our inner critic is the voice that seems the loudest in our minds. Morning affirmations are one of the best confidence building exercises you can do to silence that little critic in your head.
For example, if you believe you’re scatter-brained, your morning affirmation could be, “My mind is clear and focused. Nothing can get in my way or distract me from my goals.” I personally love affirmations because they help rewrite any negative beliefs you have about yourself.
5. Smile and make eye contact with people
Even if you don’t want to, smiling and making eye contact with people can give you a great boost of confidence. It signals to those around you that you’re open to communicating and can help put everyone at ease. The more you practice doing it, the more naturally it will come to you.
6. Set a goal and then challenge yourself to achieve it!
There’s something empowering about setting a goal and then achieving it. But when you have a billion goals floating around your head, it can be hard to take action on any specific one. Why not try out something fun and turn one of your goals into a challenge?
It could be something small like learning a new financial term you don’t know or something big like maxing out your retirement account for the year. The sky’s the limit!
7. Prioritize self-discipline as part of your confidence building exercises
Self-discipline refers to your ability to control your emotions and behaviors. When you’re self-disciplined, you’re more inclined to stick with your goals (even those big, lofty ones like becoming debt-free or buying your first house).
There are several ways you can improve your self-discipline — set small goals, read a book like No Excuses, get an accountability partner. Pick one or two and see how it pumps up your confidence meter.
8. Take yourself on a date
You need to love yourself before you can truly love anyone else. What better way to do this than by dating yourself? Set aside 30 minutes or an hour each week to truly get to know Y-O-U.
Figure out your likes and dislikes, get comfortable with your own thoughts, do something interesting you’ve always wanted to do. Learning to love yourself first may just be one of the best confidence building activities you try.
9. Practice sharing your opinions
If you’re the introverted type who struggles to speak out (#guilty), make an effort to develop and share your opinions more. If you don’t think you can share your opinions eloquently and succinctly, practice saying them out loud to your partner or yourself in the mirror.
The more you say your thoughts out loud, the more confidence you’ll have when sharing them with others. Sharing your opinions is one of the most important activities to build self esteem.
10. Start thinking like a confident woman and make this a daily confidence building exercise
Think of the most confident woman you know. Then, before you do something that seems scary or intimidating, ask yourself, “What would [NAME] do in this situation?”
Then do whatever comes to mind! This might be the same as “faking it ‘till you make it,” but it's one of the best confidence building exercises you can do — and it’s sure to get you out of your own head and away from those negative thoughts.
11. Surround yourself with ambitious people
So I’m the type of person who overanalyzes everything. For example, it took me an entire year to buy a $70 pair of Tevas because — even though I knew which pair I wanted — I thought I needed to research every other type of style to make sure. I ended up buying the same pair I wanted all along and kicked myself for wasting an entire year overanalyzing stinkin’ shoes.)
On the other hand, I have a friend who always encourages me to do things I want to do right away (instead of pondering on them for ages). I always love hanging out with her because she pushes me to be more ambitious, which always boosts my confidence in return.
Of course, this can backfire if you have an ambitious friend who tempts you to spend money you don’t have. You know yourself best. Find that “good” type of ambitious pal that propels you to be better.
12. Practice self-care to boost your self esteem
Looks aren’t everything, but you should feel confident in your own skin. If you’re feeling drab about your appearance, maybe it’s time to practice some self-care. Set aside some money in your budget to revamp your wardrobe, get a manicure, or book an appointment for that facial you’ve been dying to try. You’ll feel more confident and more relaxed. It’s truly one of the best confidence building exercises out there.
13. Show your body some love
It’s proven that regular exercise can boost your self-confidence. It also relieves stress by pumping up endorphins and distracting you from life’s daily worries. The key is to do something you love — throw a dance in your kitchen, go for a hike, start that garden in your backyard.
Whatever you do, move your body in a way that feels fun for you. (Preferably for 30 minutes a day.) Eat healthy foods to boot, and you’ll be doing one of the best activities to build self-esteem and your physical well-being at the same time!
Which of these confidence building exercises will you do first?
Building your self-esteem takes time. Start by picking one or two confidence building activities from the list (I recommend a few that seem easiest) and trying them out for a while. When you feel like you’ve mastered them, move on to a few more.
You deserve to be the self-confident rockstar I know that you are. You got this! Just don’t forget to channel your inner Queen B or T-Swizzle.
Boost your confidence with your finances and learn how to ditch debt, save money, and build wealth with our completely free courses and worksheets! Also, follow Clever Girl Finance on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube for upbuilding motivation and top financial tips!
only effective exercises and advice
(Votes: 5, Rating: 5)
From this material you will learn:
- What does self-confidence mean
- 3 components of self-confidence
- 3 Exercises to Build Confidence
- 25 Versatile Tips for Developing Self-Confidence
- How to develop self-confidence in a woman
- 10 tips for building confidence in a man
- Top 5 Books to Build Confidence
Since developing self-confidence in a man or woman is a really difficult thing, many remain closed and insecure. But how many mountains could be turned... In fact, everything is very simple, you just need to start doing something with yourself.
First of all, you need to learn that confidence rests on three pillars - the psychology of behavior, a healthy body and positive emotions and feelings. Having developed them, we can say that half the battle is already done. And for full pumping, you need exercises and useful books, which we are happy to share with you.
What does self-confidence mean
As we understand it, this is a personality trait based on a positive perception of one's skills and abilities, which will ensure the achievement of the set goals and satisfy everyday needs. Confident people are not afraid to make mistakes and always strive for excellence.
They are free from painful doubts, have an objective self-esteem and soberly weigh their own prospects. All these qualities will help a person become successful, force obstacles and achieve the main goals.
Often reassessment of one's strengths, existing skills and knowledge borders on self-confidence. And vice versa, underestimation of internal reserves causes indecision and complexes. How to develop psychological strength and confidence, we will consider further.
Such negative personality traits as inflated conceit and faith in one's own perfection always lead to arrogant actions and deeds. Self-confident people like to tempt fate, not taking into account real threats and even the risk to life.
"Business training online: how to choose the most suitable option"More
The indecisive, on the contrary, are afraid to make decisions and often doubt their abilities, qualifications and experience. They tend to do everything at the behest of management and more responsible colleagues. The cause of insecurity is distrust of oneself, and this feeling should be eradicated.
The above negative character traits only bring harm, so it is much better if you find a middle ground.
To understand how to develop self-confidence, you need to know all its signs. Here are the main ones:
- have a high responsibility;
- to know the value of words and not to give empty promises;
- continuously improve;
- justify all decisions;
- be ready to help and inspire others;
- be able to ask for support;
- take failures as useful lessons, gain experience and be wiser;
- harmoniously develop your mind, strengthen the body and strength of mind.
Confident people, regardless of gender, tend to attract success simply by not being afraid to lose something. They all know the value of risk and will not allow themselves to make big mistakes. They stay afloat even when outwardly the situation resembles defeat. The main thing is that this wonderful personality trait can always be developed.
How to overcome shyness and develop confidence in a timid person, read on. But first, let's list those character traits that are inherent in an insecure person:
- fear of making a mistake;
- containment of emotions;
- pessimistic hopes for the coming day;
- lack of social skills, fear of communication and crowds;
- slowness in solving problems;
- exposure to other people's opinions;
- the desire to relieve himself of responsibility.
These people prefer to always have someone responsible for important decisions next to them.
In any case, self-esteem will have to be increased, even if a person proves that this is superfluous for him. Otherwise, how to develop confidence and determination in yourself? When an employee firmly vouches for the fulfillment of certain obligations, he does not need a competent employee for insurance, since hope for others loses its relevance.
3 components of self-confidence
- Psychology of actions
Usually strong-willed individuals plan their actions, preferring not to delay the achievement of goals and resolutely moving towards their dream. They communicate with quite successful people who know very well how to develop, and take an example from them.
To learn to control your actions and choose the right path, you need to understand the properties of your personality. To do this, psychologists have created a socionic test that allows you to find out the personal qualities and professional capabilities of the subject. Find your own strategy of behavior and learn flexibility.
When discussing how to develop courage and self-confidence, it should be noted that decisive people look authoritative. The first opinion about a person is usually created instantly, as they say, at first sight. Therefore, you need to pay attention to your style of dressing, gait, facial expressions, rate of speech, voice, gestures.
- Psychology of feelings and the power of emotions
Being aware of our emotional world, we can control our actions. By increasing emotional intelligence, you can learn to manage your own feelings, express them correctly, understand others and develop intuition. Of course, it is difficult to recognize and curb your emotions. The “Diary of Feelings” will help to facilitate this task, where you need to write down the events and emotions that excite you every day. And after a while you will easily understand the algorithm of their appearance and comprehend the reasons for these sentiments.
3 Exercises to Build Confidence
- Image of Confidence
This is a kind of auto-training that allows you to create in your mind an ideal image of a strong personality and imitate it under different circumstances.
Sources where you can find the desired image in order to understand how to develop self-confidence are books, films, specific individuals or certain aspects of their behavior. Imagine that you are endowed with the valuable qualities of the chosen character. Project his actions into your difficult situations and evaluate the new image. Try to implement this style of behavior in your life day by day. Experiment!
Do all of your assertiveness training in complete solitude. Stand in front of a mirror and say what you would be embarrassed to say in public. Change intonation, facial expressions, gestures, voice volume. Try to keep your gaze and stare at the “interlocutor”. You can tell him stories, funny anecdotes - everything that you did not dare to voice in reality, being afraid to forget the nuances.
In the process of personal growth, there are stresses and mistakes. This is natural, since important tasks require a lot of strength from a person. You need to learn how to get out of the negative mood and restore your inner potential in order to move forward. This is where meditation helps. It will keep you in shape as you learn how to develop confidence in your abilities.
What do we have to do? Focus on an object, say a candle flame. This will allow you to calm your mind and get rid of obsessive thoughts. Self-contemplation will help you look into your soul, put great willpower there, see your own essence and rely on it in further progress towards success.
25 universal tips on how to develop self-confidence
- Rely on your soulmate . Often people close to you can provide support in difficult moments of life, please and strengthen self-confidence.
- Choose the right style of clothing . Having a fashionable wardrobe and a presentable appearance, a person feels himself in a new way. It is necessary to dress in such a way that your appearance gives you pleasure, and from time to time change your image, avoiding monotonous monotony. No need to buy expensive things! You can wear a well-chosen, solid casual and often dilute it with new products.
- Evaluate yourself from the outside. Take a look in the mirror and notice everything positive in your image and what you need to exclude. With the help of clothes, makeup and hairstyles, emphasize your external advantages and smooth out imperfections. If you're at a loss, look at what popular people with your type are wearing and look for advice from fashion experts on the Internet.
- Think positively. Do you know how to develop fortitude and self-confidence through thoughts? It is enough to change your thinking, and your life will change significantly. Look at yourself and your environment in a new way - calmly, in a positive perspective. Now they say all the time that thought is material, and this actually works. Don't blame anyone, including yourself. Accept everyone as they are, and note only positive traits in people. The same applies to you.
- Be a person. Learn to live with your mind. Take responsibility for your actions, thoughts and words. Many people act in a pattern or have a collective “like everyone else” mindset. Try to be different from the crowd and strengthen your conviction that you are right. Defend your own opinion, argue your position and achieve yours.
- Understand yourself. It has long been known that in order to defeat the enemy, you need to know what he is thinking. You can’t get rid of fear without experiencing this feeling for yourself. Start keeping a diary and openly enter your thoughts and actions there. Analyzing the events of a certain period of time (several days, a week, a month), it is easier to find causal relationships. Then tune in to positive thoughts about yourself and the upcoming changes in your actions that you are striving for. Find what is holding you back and decide if those fears are real or fiction.
- Do not think, but act. Have you thought long and hard about how to develop confidence? Start turning your dreams into reality. In fact, actions will be the basis of your achievements. As soon as your thoughts become positive, actions will change instantly. Since you are perceived by deeds, then, by changing your course of action, you yourself will become different.
- Behave nobly. Generosity and kindness is a great tool to increase self-esteem. Knowing your good intentions makes you feel comfortable.
- Be purposeful and principled. What is your life based on? Are there important goals? What rules do you follow? If you find it difficult to answer, think about who you are and what your purpose is. A principled person is always confident in his abilities. And those who plan for themselves immediate and long-term goals are successful and purposeful people.
The Psychology of Influence in Sales: Persuade and Resist More
- Speak clearly and slowly. Undoubtedly, the manner in which we express our thoughts can influence the attitude of the people around us. A strong-willed personality has a concise, measured speech. Such a person has nowhere to hurry, he is convinced of his influence and knows that he was heard. This is very important in the question of how to develop confidence in communicating with a client. Practicing conversation, as most of us pause, filling them with parasitic words (mmm, well, like, uh, etc.). They should be removed from the lexicon. But don't overdo it. Do not speak very slowly or almost inaudibly. And the main thing in communication is to express your thoughts thinking what you say.
- Correct your posture. Watch how you walk. Do not slouch and do not rest your eyes on the ground. A person with a straight back looks straight ahead, from the side he looks confident and impressive. The same applies to the sitting posture. Practice in front of a mirror how to sit or walk properly. Thus, you will correct your posture, raise your tone with health benefits.
- Set a micro-goal and achieve results. People usually make mistakes by overestimating their own capabilities. And when they fail, they immediately give up. Set realistic goals for yourself and try to meet them. Each new success will strengthen your self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Adjust your habits. We are not talking about something cardinal, such as smoking. Start with small tasks. For example, set your alarm for half an hour earlier or come home on time. The goal should be small and 100% achievable. Stick to this routine for a whole month. Then, when you fix the result, it will be easier for you to do it than at the beginning, when you started the reformation.
- Focus on problem solving. Those who like to grumble and obsess over difficulties need to stop this. Don't think about a difficult situation. Direct your thoughts to resolve the issue. If you consider yourself lazy and lack inner self-confidence, how can you develop the will to succeed? Everything is simple. Change the direction of your thoughts and think about where you can draw energy and how to keep your potential.
- Smile more often . Be positive. After all, everything in life is not so hopeless, which means there are reasons for smiles and fun. Rejoice for your neighbors, it will be useful to you.
- Thank you. Be grateful for everything you have in life and what you have received from others. Feel sincere, not ostentatious gratitude, and others will appreciate it.
- Engage in self-development. Investing in your education is a surefire way to build your confidence. The ways for this are different, but the most optimal and reliable is self-study online. In addition to the Internet, there is a mass of journalism and educational institutions.
- Look after yourself. Look at your postures, gestures and movements. Are you making eye contact? Perhaps you are interrupting a client? Or seek to give advice and complain about life. Don't lie to yourself and things will change.
- Stay active. It is much better not to idle, but to do something. Of course, any undertaking can be unsuccessful. But life does not happen without mistakes, from them we gain experience. A person cannot become stronger without correcting mistakes and solving problems. So don't worry and start somewhere. Let it be sports, business, creative hobbies, traveling, raising a child, learning languages ... It is important to make your life meaningful and paint it in new colors.
- Take the front rows. Many people prefer to take seats away from the speaker (for example, in a lecture or meeting, at a product launch). The reason is instinctive fear and unwillingness to be seen. If you want to figure out how to develop self-confidence, it is important to eradicate this habit. Choose seats closer - in the first, maximum second row.
- Learn to communicate. Show your own initiative in creating communications and making acquaintances. This liberates the personality and strengthens the firmness of the spirit. In addition, by expanding your circle of contacts, you increase your opportunities.
- Perform in public. Do not be like those who avoid public communications, speeches or reports. Try to speak at public events, ask questions, and each time your self-esteem will increase.
- Don't look up to others. Don't be a Samoyed. Why would you compare yourself to other, more successful people? Compare only your past and present.
- Don't be stingy with praise. What a pity that we hear compliments and courtesies very rarely, even when they are deserved. This reduces the positive assessment of one's own actions and confidence in solving problems. Speak words of praise to those around you more often, which will return to you a hundredfold.
- Engage in spiritual practice . It will relieve you of shyness and misplaced fears, help you feel yourself and your place in this life. This science will allow you to find harmony and serenity, improve character traits.
How to develop self-confidence in a woman
Many pretty kind girls who have achieved some success in business are lonely and unhappy in their personal lives. What's the secret? And low self-esteem is to blame. Such women look for flaws in themselves and have little faith in a happy marriage. The reason may be your own failures on a personal level and the fear of further disappointments, which is confirmed by psychology.
How to develop self-confidence and self-esteem? Here are some tips for our women.
1. To increase inner comfort and motivation for success, answer the questions in the form of lists:
- What are you doing well?
- What praises have you heard from early childhood to this day?
- How did you help others?
- What accomplishments in life make you proud?
First of all, list your successes and personal qualities. Each woman has her own character traits, and suspicious natures are always prone to comparison. Find your own strengths to see your uniqueness, which deserves respect. Then you will understand that you deserve to be happy.
2. To become self-confident, act like this:
- Accept the idea that each person is the creator of his own destiny. He can turn it in the right direction if he changes his point of view on all problems, then it will be easier for him to find the best ways to solve problems.
- Don't be afraid to experiment. Look for new hobbies and ways of self-realization, find something that gives pleasure and joy.
- Make plans. Write down the main goals and desires for the short term and the long term (up to five years), as well as a list of actions to complete the identified tasks.
- Practice perseverance, which will show you how to develop self-confidence. Do not be afraid of the first failures. Thanks to them, we strengthen our will and draw strength of mind for further movement forward.
- Get used to your role. After all, in every woman lives an actress who is able to imitate the desired ideal. Be positive and benevolent person, charismatic and charming, persistent in making decisions.
- Learn from the experiences of celebrities or successful individuals. Read descriptions of their lives, learn the secrets of achieving goals. Find a role model among your acquaintances and ask how to develop confidence from his position. Lucky people are happy to help their friends.
Top 5 articles that will increase your sales
- Modern sales techniques: 16 options for all occasions
- KPI sales manager: types and methods of calculation
- Plan for the sales manager: a step-by-step algorithm for compiling and achieving
- Sales department development plan: how to write and implement
- B2C Sales: How to Sell Properly
From observations of confident women, psychologists noted their important features:
- The presence of one's own goals, natural behavior, the desire to discover one's talents and originality, the ability to turn flaws into advantages . Not having graceful forms, they emphasize femininity with clothes and manner of speaking. The main thing here is to understand that there are no ideals, and to put an end to complexes forever.
- Peace of mind and motivation for success . Meditation, breathing practices and visualization help to tune in to achieve the goal. Thanks to this, confident women maintain inner restraint in order to reach unprecedented heights.
- Readiness for loneliness . Strong women know that sometimes there comes a time in their lives for self-discovery, personal growth, and health promotion. In this case, do not lose heart due to the lack of a partner. And if the relationship with a man is preserved, devote some time to yourself. You need to make plans, outline tasks, be able to escape from worries, relax, take up your hobby. Don't focus on men, it bothers them. They always gravitated towards those persons who have a personal interest.
- Normal reaction to criticism . Confident women do not argue, do not prove otherwise, but draw conclusions if the remark is justified. Moreover, they usually ignore thoughtless injections. How to develop self-confidence to this height? A clear inner position, iron logic and powerful self-esteem are unshakable. And all empty critics are either fools or petty envious people. Look deeper to understand the reason for the unpleasant words. Do they have a desire to help? After all, everyone has the right to say what he thinks. This is normal.
- Strong women know how to formulate questions . “How to find harmony, where do I look for a source of positive, what are the advantages of my personality?”. Focus on the positive aspects of life, try to increase your intelligence and level of culture, change, improving your life, strive for new goals.
So, a woman can easily raise her self-esteem and strengthen her spirit, using simple exercises and the experience of established people, in order to then behave in a new way in practice.
10 tips for building confidence in a man
- Try to realize your dreams by working in one of the industries. For example, in sports. Today in social networks there are many publics where men post their photos BEFORE cardinal changes and AFTER. Usually this is done in sports groups. Set a goal for yourself - to achieve a specific result, set deadlines and go to the gym. Then work hard towards the end. If physical activity is harmful to you, switch to a career or hobby. Even small steps forward and gaining new knowledge will improve your self-esteem.
- Avoid comparisons with more successful people. Of course, there are always those who are better and luckier than you. However, there are those who are worse. So you can compare endlessly. There are wise words of Sigmund Freud that are still relevant today: “The only person you should compare yourself with is you in the past.” It is important for you to constantly progress and improve. This will be the indicator of success.
- Don't blame yourself for anything. To learn how to develop courage and self-confidence, remember the simple things. You can not raise self-esteem by condemning and criticizing your own actions. The topic can be anything - career, appearance, intimate relationships. Never humiliate yourself in front of others!
- Take compliments easily. You should learn to agree with praise. Many insecure people are deprived of this gift. If you respond to approving reviews: “I didn’t do anything special,” then your achievement immediately drops in value. Don't underestimate your strengths by declining a compliment. Thus, you show that you are unworthy of signs of respect, and this belief is fixed in the subconscious.
- Don't forget to read books, watch educational videos, listen to audio trainings, the purpose of which is – improving self-esteem . All information on this topic will benefit you. It will be deposited in the mind and will help in difficult cases.
- Do not associate with negative people who are unpleasant to you. Choose those who radiate positive emotions, are successful and always ready to help. If others suppress you as a person, you lose credibility. In such a company, it will be very difficult for you to develop self-confidence.
- Write down your achievements, that is, all the important moments of your life. Make a clear list of your most significant moments (getting your license, wallpapering for the first time, learning how to hang a chandelier, building muscle, redecorating, etc.). Read these posts from time to time and add new ones. At the same time, close your eyelids every time and feel pride in your successes.
- Consider your strengths and winning traits. Take them on a pencil and make a list: honesty, nobility, diligence, etc. Find the maximum number of such advantages and concentrate on them without thinking about the disadvantages.
- Make time for hobbies and activities that give you positive energy. It is difficult to respect one's person, disappearing at a boring job or toiling from idleness. Doing interesting things, you will raise your self-esteem and feel a sense of satisfaction with life.
- Live your life and decide how you want. Leave prejudice, do not dance to someone else's tune, do not ask the opinions of others. Acting at the behest and desire of others, you will not become a free, strong personality.
Mikhail Dashkiev about Sergey Azimov
Top 5 books that will help develop confidence
- “The gift of the sea. How to come back to yourself and live simply, Ann Lindberg
The book will help those who are looking for inner harmony, moderation in everyday worries and the eternal chaos of events.
This bestseller is written by renowned author, successful aviator and mother of many children E-M. Lindbergh, who once, having visited the sea, discovered a new personality in herself. She talks about love, family relationships and commitment, about preserving values, about how to develop self-confidence and find a way to self-knowledge.
"16 psychological triggers and 20+ tips for using them"Read more
This book will show you how to let go of the weight that is weighing you down and causing self-doubt, and how to discover what is valuable in your life. The author presents his "Gift of the Sea" in the spirit of merging with nature. You will be mentally transported to a coastal house, hear the sound of the waves and the breath of the sea breeze.
- “Why are we wrong. Thinking Traps in Action, J. Hallinan
Do you often make mistakes and step on the same rake? Do you feel like you're always unlucky? Read this book and put all your complexes on the shelves in order to confidently move forward and gain high self-esteem.
Psychologists have proved to us that all people can make mistakes. However, not everyone can admit their mistake and correct the situation. This is the difference between successful individuals and weaklings. In his book, the author talks about what imperfections our mind hides if we think according to patterns, and how to act differently in order to get into trouble less often.
Joseph Hallinan analyzes mistakes by giving examples from different life situations. So it is easier for the reader to understand his inner world in order to cast aside all doubts, believe in himself, and, if necessary, act consciously and clearly.
- “To the limit. A week without self-pity, Eric Larsen
A unique book, the author of which offers, without a long life-thinking, to immediately take action and gain faith in yourself in seven days.
What does hell week mean? The special forces troops practice the course of a young fighter - a period of intensive training. After going through all this and making sure of the effectiveness of the system, Eric Larsen developed a civilian version for those who want to raise self-esteem and move forward.
He tells how to develop confidence in 7 days with the help of a calculated intensive available to anyone. The program provides for a clear regimen and intake of healthy food, physical activity, the rejection of distracting activities, good rest, deep meditation and a feeling of a surge of new strength.
The author guarantees that in the final you will discover your real abilities, get a boost of energy and positive, increase your productivity and strengthen your morale.
- The Ultimate Secrets to Absolute Self-Confidence, Anthony Robert
If you doubt the presence of iron willpower, then this book is for you.
After all, what is a strong-willed person? This is a person who draws conclusions from his own experience, makes independent decisions and implements them to the best of his ability.
However, Professor Anthony believes that exemplary thinking is not enough to accomplish the intended tasks. He gives a full course of advice on what to do for success and how to develop self-confidence. You will learn to evaluate the environment and the circumstances, you will understand that this is the source of self-development and improvement of your life.
- "The most complete course in self-love", psychologist Louise Hay
Surely you know that the right habits can be developed in three weeks. The author of this book offers his own method of increasing self-esteem and determination to take action. You will need discipline, no more than three hours of free time every day and a set of exercises.
The psychologist claims that all this will save you from unnecessary fears (including self-doubt), accumulated resentment and negative emotions. You will be able to discover new opportunities and great potential for future growth.
How to develop self-confidence is, of course, a difficult question. But the final "bonus" is impressive - success and popularity, the ability to achieve the main goals. Today we touched on an important topic. And if this becomes an incentive for further development, which will grow like a snowball, you have a chance for a very quick positive result. The main thing is to start, and then move on without stopping.
Self-confidence: a psychological exercise
A streak of setbacks in business, personal life and relationships can unsettle us, we can begin to doubt our abilities, lose our usual self-confidence. Often, a person falls into despondency and depression. There is a constant feeling of uncertainty, dissatisfaction with ourselves, with our actions, which destroys us not only in the moral sense, but also in the physical. A person begins to tire faster, feel exhausted and depressed. And already those things that previously seemed simple and easily feasible become an impossible task for us, they begin to drive us into a further stupor.
The harmful feeling of self-doubt must be disposed of like a bad habit. But sometimes, willpower alone may not be enough to make an effort and return yourself to your usual way of life, to regain confidence in your own abilities.
Technique for increasing internal self-esteem and confidence
In psychology, there are many exercises and techniques that help a person cope with feelings of self-doubt and become happier. Willpower, coupled with professional exercises, will allow you to quickly increase self-esteem, get rid of feelings of despondency and dissatisfaction with yourself.
Accepting ourselves as we are: it gives confidence
- Take a piece of paper and draw a square on it. Dividing it into four equal parts, enter the words: feelings, thoughts, appearance, actions. Under each definition, sign a number from 1 to 100, which will symbolize how you accept it in yourself. Ideally, under each definition there will be 100%, but 80 is already good.
- The next step will consist of analyzing the numbers you wrote. Each quality should be analyzed.
Exercise for the development of self-confidence
- Let's assume that under the concept of Appearance you have written the number 60, therefore, you need to sort out those 40% that you do not like. Write those, in your opinion, the shortcomings with which you are dissatisfied. Think about which of them can be corrected, and accept the rest as they are.
- Thoughts. Write down your thoughts. Review them again and think about where they come from, why do they bother you? All bad thoughts have a reason, they do not arise from anywhere. Perhaps you are overly touchy? It is worth looking for a technique on how to stop accumulating resentment in yourself. Or maybe you are driven by anger and anger? You can easily find information on how to get rid of them. Put your thoughts in order, because they all give rise to actions. If you do not get rid of this oppression in time, over time they will take up too much space and begin to influence your whole life.
- Feelings. What percentage of the feelings you don't like did you write? Remember the simple truth: there are no bad feelings, there is bad behavior. All our feelings and emotions reflect our needs and the degree to which these needs are met. Don't suppress your emotions. Try to take life easier, learn to listen to your feelings. Make a list of problems that are closely related to your feelings and take care of your emotional state.
- Actions. Write and analyze your problems related to your actions. In most cases, problems in this area stem from the inability to rationally plan your life.
Self-confidence exercises: personal experience
“When I started this training, I did not expect a miracle from it,” says Elena Vinogradova. - For the first time, my square was filled with numbers from 40 to 50%. Having painted in detail everything that I did not like on paper, I realized that much of this is easily fixable. And I began to draw every week a new and new square, keeping the previous sheets as an example. And about a month later, I realized that I wanted to and I could put one number everywhere - 100, that everything that had previously interfered with me had evaporated. Doesn't it seem like a piece of paper will do this if I write my problems on it? But just on this sheet you begin to look at everything differently, you see yourself as if from the outside.
More on the topic - How to increase self-confidence and self-esteem
This is how self-confidence develops. Get in the habit of making lists like this every week.