Be your own person quotes
50 [BEST] Quotes About Being Yourself (in 2023)
No lifetime, no matter how successful it may be, will truly be fulfilling or worthwhile if you cannot learn to be yourself and love that person.
Just as others have risen to the challenge, you too can discover the true you. Learn to stand your ground and be proud of who you really are.
Be your own best friend because if you’re not, who is?
As with any other good friend, be kind, be loving, be tolerant, be compassionate.
Isn’t it shocking how media is trying to manipulate you these days? On the one hand tells you how you deserve everything and on the other hand, tells you how you’re never good enough.
Feel that you’re enough and improve yourself for your benefit not because someone is telling that you need to change.
We’ll not talk today about the virtues of authenticity (even though it’s so fashionable…). Being yourself doesn’t necessarily means to be authentic all the time. Authenticity means more to be naked in front of everyone; being yourself means to bring out the best in you, strive to put forward your best foot.
Allowing yourself to be yourself is a sign of self-respect, strength, and wisdom. Let’s face it, no matter how much you try you can’t be for too long someone else. Is it not? Besides, what will be the point? The world needs you as you are!
Improve your self-esteem starting from the knowledge that you are good enough as you are today. Low self-esteem is not a consequence of not being enough; it’s a consequence of thinking that you’re not enough. Feeling good and comfortable in your own skin is not a consequence of how much others like you; it’s a consequence of you liking yourself.
May these 50 best quotes about being yourself help you stay true:
1. Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be.
2. You cannot change what you are, only what you do. – Philip Pullman
3. You were born an original. Don’t die a copy. – John Mason
4. It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. – Andre Gide
5. In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
6. Believing in our hearts that who we are is enough is the key to a more satisfying and balanced life. – Ellen Sue Stern
7. Originality is… a by-product of sincerity. – Marianne Moore
8. Faithless To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are. – Malcolm S. Forbes
10. Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
11. To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections. – Sandra Bierig
12. We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us. – Virginia Satir
13. Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own. – Angelina Jolie
14. Being true to yourself is better than being a liar.
15. Just because they disagree, doesn’t mean you ain’t right. – Toba Beta
16. I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it. – Johnny Depp
17. Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own? – Brigham Young
18. No one is you and that is your power.
19. Never dull your shine for somebody else. – Tyra Banks
20. Don’t let others box you into their idea of what they think you should be. A confined identity is a miserable way to exist. Be you and live free. Trust that in living true to yourself, you will attract people that support and love you, just as you are. – Jaeda deWalt
21. As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethet
22. Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire. – St. Catherine of Sienna
23. Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner. – Lao Tzu
24. Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness. – Allen Ginsberg
25. Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric. – Bertrand Russell
26. Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses. – Brian Tracy
27. Just be you, be beautiful and be comfortable in your own skin. – Helen Edwards
28. Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else. – Judy Garland
29. Take care not to listen to anyone who tells you what you can and can’t be in life. – Meg Medina
30. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain
31. We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin. – Andre Berthiaume
32. Don’t doubt your value. Don’t run from who you are. – Aslan
33. Don’t compromise even if it hurts to be yourself. – Toby Keith
34. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. – Oscar Wilde
35. Not everyone will understand you or get your energy. Don’t worry about pleasing everyone, just worry about becoming your best self.
36. Never be ashamed of yourself. Be proud of who you are, and don’t worry about how others see you.
37. Stop hating yourself for everything you are not, and start loving yourself for everything you already are.
38. Don’t be afraid of being different, be afraid of being the same as everyone else.
39. Always stay true to yourself and never sacrifice who you are for anyone.
40. Do not compare your life to others. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time.
41. You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.
42. Never let them put you in a box.
43. Why fit in when you were born to stand out! – Dr. Seuss
44. Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.
45. When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t. – Jodi Picoult
46. You are not your parents; you are you. Think like you.
47. Authenticity: The courage to be yourself.
48. You are the only one who can limit your greatness. Remember that you are enough.
49. The greatest challenge in life is discovering who you are. The second greatest is being happy with what you find.
50. To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. – E.E. Cummings
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
60 Powerful Be Yourself Quotes
Sometimes we all need a little encouragement that being ourselves is the best thing we can be.
There is no one in the world quite like you—you are special and unique just for being born! We rounded up some be yourself quotes from famous figures in media and throughout history that will inspire you to truly embrace the beauty that is you. If you want even more encouragement, check out these confidence quotes, self-love quotes, and positive affirmations that will remind you to love yourself.
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” —Bernard M. Maruch
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” —Oscar Wilde
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
“You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?” —Dr. Seuss
“Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.” —Allen Ginsberg
“It’s hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world.” —Dolly Parton
“Always be yourself. At the end of the day, that’s all you’ve really got; when you strip everything down, that’s all you’ve got, so always be yourself.” —Al Roker
“The worst thing that can happen to a man is to become civilized.” —David Goggins
“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.” —Judy Garland
“You, being yourself, unknowingly inspire others to be themselves.” —Mooji
“About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.” —Rita Mae Brown
“God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.” —William Shakespeare
“Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.” —Oscar Wilde
“I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves. ” —Steve Maraboli
Don’t miss these strength quotes that will comfort you and give you the courage to persevere.
“The most important consequence of self-sufficiency is freedom.” —Epicurus
“Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.” —Gianni Versace
“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” —Bindi Irwin
“Be the person your dog thinks you are.” —Ricky Gervais
“When I was a child my mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk, you’ll be the pope.’ Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.” —Picasso
“Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?” —Charles Bukowski
“Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people—the ones who really belong in your life—will come to you, and stay.” —Will Smith
“It sounds so simple, but if you just be yourself, you’re different than anyone else.” —Tony Bennett
“Don’t let others box you into their idea of what they think you should be. A confined identity is a miserable way to exist. Be you and live free. Trust that in living true to yourself, you will attract people that support and love you, just as you are.” —Jaeda deWalt
“I’m not confused. I’m just well mixed.” —Robert Frost
“How many more of us are faking the facade? How many more of us are pretending to be something we’re not? Even better, how many of us will have the courage to be ourselves regardless of what others think?” —Katie McGarry
“I would rather die having spoken in my manner, than speak in your manner and live.” —Socrates
“I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself. ” —Rita Mae Brown
“If you don’t set your own values, other people will.” —Shane Parrish
“You change the world by being yourself.” —Yoko Ono
“When you are in your own lane there is no traffic.” —Ashley France
“They laugh at me because I’m different; I laugh at them because they’re all the same.” —Kurt Cobain
“Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.” —Alan Watts
“The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” —Coco Chanel
Check out these quotes about change that will remind you to embrace it as it comes.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” —Carl Jung
“Spontaneity is total sincerity.” —Alan Watts
“A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself-and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to—letting a person be what he really is.” —Jim Morrison
“I’d rather be a freak than a clone.” —Joanne Harris
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” —Marilyn Monroe
“Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.” —Bertrand Russell
“To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” —Dave Pelzer
“There’s a point, around the age of twenty, when you have to choose whether to be like everybody else the rest of your life, or to make a virtue of your peculiarities.” —Ursula K. Le Guin
“Find your place on the planet. Dig in and take responsibility from there.” —Gary Snyder
“Being confident is the key to life. Don’t be afraid to be you! I’m super different from a lot of kids my age with style and personality, and I’m OK with it. And if you are OK with it, everyone else will be, too. Just be yourself.” —Leo Howard
“Be nobody’s darling; Be an outcast. Take the contradictions of your life and wrap around you like a shawl, to parry stones, to keep you warm.” —Alice Walker
“The truth is that we don’t need everyone to like us; we need a few people to love us. Because what’s better than being roundly liked is being fully known – an impossibility both professionally and personally if you’re so busy being likable that you forget to be yourself.” —Jessica Valenti
These life is short quotes will remind you that every day is a gift.
“’Finding yourself’ is not really how it works. You aren’t a ten-dollar bill in last winter’s coat pocket. You are also not lost. Your true self is right there, buried under cultural conditioning, other people’s opinions, and inaccurate conclusions you drew as a kid that became your beliefs about who you are. ‘Finding yourself’ is actually returning to yourself. An unlearning, an excavation, a remembering who you were before the world got its hands on you.” —Emily McDowell
“You are who you are when nobody’s watching.” —Stephen Fry
“Your harshest critic is always going to be yourself. Don’t ignore that critic but don’t give it more attention than it deserves.” —Michael Ian Black
“Existence wants you to be you.” —Osho
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” —André Gide
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” —Buckminster Fuller
“When someone is properly grounded in life, they shouldn’t have to look outside themselves for approval.” —Epictetus
“If you desire to make a difference in the world, you must be different from the world.” —Elaine S. Dalton
Don’t miss these hope quotes that will instantly life you up.
“When you see a mob doing something, it should make you less likely to do it yourself, not more likely.” —Paul Graham
“I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.” —Mozart
“So whatever you want to do, just do it…Making a damn fool of yourself is absolutely essential.” —Gloria Steinem
“Accept right now that you are magnificent. Being your real, true, authentic self is what’s most awesome about you.” —Gabby Bernstein
“You eliminate competition by being yourself.” —Dan Go
“The effect of life in society is to complicate and confuse our existence, making us forget who we really are by causing us to become obsessed with what we are not.” —Zhuangzi
“The tighter you cling to your current identity, the harder it becomes to grow beyond it.” —James Clear
Now that you’ve been inspired by all of these be yourself quotes, check out these body positive quotes that everyone needs to read.
52 quotes that inspire you to be yourself | Assemblage Point
- Assemblage Point
- 52 quotes to inspire you to be yourself
Be yourself - 52 quotes to inspire you
- Be yourself. All other places are already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde
Your time is limited, don't waste it living someone else's life. ~ Steve Jobs
Imitation is suicide. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
In a nutshell
Quotes that inspire you to be yourself. Not like everyone else. Special. Stand out.
Are you sure you need to go there? So you start - but it will be difficult to stop ...
And now - quotes
"I don't care what you think of me. I do not think about you at all. ~ Coco Chanel
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. nine0029 ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to stop and think. ~ Mark Twain
"Be yourself. All other places are already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde
“I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
“I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. ~ Rita Mae Brownnine0010 "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else. ~ Judy Garland
―Personalities always have to struggle not to be crushed by the mass. If you try this, you will often be lonely and sometimes you will be scared. But no price is too high for the privilege of being self-possessed. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
“Wishing to be someone else is the loss of oneself. ~ Quote attributed to Kurt Cobain...
"Imperfection is beautiful, madness is brilliant, and it's better to be absolutely funny than absolutely boring." ~ Marilyn Monroe
"Where is your desire to be strange?" ~ Jim Morrison
Just be yourself, there is no one better. ~ Taylor Swift
"Know who you are - and do it purposefully. ~ Dolly Parton
-If you can't love yourself, how the hell are you going to love anyone else? nine0029 ~ Ru Paul
-I admire those who have their own sense of style. ~ Nicole Richie
―Fashion is what you accept when you don't know who you are. ~ Quentin Crisp
“The deepest problems of modern life arise from the claims of the individual to defend the autonomy and individuality of his own existence in the face of the overwhelming forces of society, historical heritage, external culture and the technique of life. ~ Georg Simmel
“It wasn't always easy because I was always an individual and it was hard for me to be part of a group. ~ Sharon Stone
“Being yourself is one of the hardest things to do because it's scary. You always wonder if you will be accepted for who you really are. I decided to call my album 'Inside Out' because that's my life motto. I don't think it's possible to succeed by trying to be something that you really aren't. ~ Emmy Rossum
-They won't be able to scare me if I scare them first. ~ Lady Gaga
Don't be trendy. Don't let fashion control you. But decide who you are, what you want to express in the way you dress and the way you live. ~ Gianni Versace
"I feel that the simplicity of life is being yourself. ~ Bobby Brown
“It was inscribed on the ancient Greek portal of the ancient world: know thyself. On the portal of the modern world will be inscribed: be yourself. nine0029 ~ Oscar Wilde
Most of us are not us. Our thoughts are the judgments of others; our life is an imitation; our passions quote! ~ Oscar Wilde
-We have become so accustomed to wearing masks in front of others that we eventually began to wear masks even in front of ourselves. ~ La Rochefoucauld
-Your time is limited, don't waste it living someone else's life. ~ Steve Jobs
"Be who you are and say what you think, because those who are against it don't matter; and those who matter will not mind. nine0029 ~ Dr. Suze
Imitation is suicide. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
—An unfulfilled vocation sucks all the juice out of a person's existence. ~ Balzac
-Your self-esteem is determined only by you. You should not depend on someone to tell you who you are. ~ Beyoncé
“I am the one who will have to die when his time comes. So let me live my life the way I want to. nine0029 ~ Jimi Hendrix
"Worry about what other people think of you, and you will forever remain their prisoner. ~ Lao Tzu
“Do not be afraid that your opinion will seem strange to someone, for every opinion will be taken by someone as very strange. ~ Bertrand Russell
"If you choose the path of a soldier, you will be a general; if you want to be a monk, you will become a pope," my mother told me. But I chose the path of an artist and became Picasso. nine0029 ~ Pablo Picasso
“Even in my early childhood, I acquired the vicious habit of considering myself different from everyone else and behaving differently from other mortals. As it turns out, this is a goldmine! ~ Salvador Dali
-I finally stopped running from myself. Who else could be the best? ~ Goldie Hawn
With confidence - you won before you even started. ~ Marcus Garvey
Follow your own star! nine0029 ~ Dante Alighieri
“The best things and the best people come from separation; I am against a homogenized society because I want the cream to float. ~ Robert Frost
I am the pink sheep of the family. ~ Alexander McQueen
- I think all people are strange. We should celebrate our individuality, not be ashamed or ashamed of it. ~ Johnny Depp
“Great souls always meet violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is unable to understand a person who refuses to blindly worship prejudice and instead courageously and honestly expresses his opinion. ~ Albert Einstein
―Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. ~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"Some people say you're on the wrong track when you're just following your own. ~ Angelina Jolie
-Believe that you can fly, overcome your indecision. ~ Kanye West
“I don't have to be what others want me to be, and I'm not afraid to be what I would like to see myself. nine0029 ~ Mohammed Ali
“One of the main causes of insecurity and depression is trying to impress people you don't like. ~ Tim Ferriss, "The 4-Hour Workweek"
“Individuality implies difference. Being great requires editing, subtraction, and focus. We become different from each other by focusing on our distinctive and unique qualities. ~ Richard Koch, 80/20 Living
"Don't let others terrorize you with the hopes these others place in you. ~ Sue Patton Tooele, author of "The Courage to Be Yourself"
“If we had more confidence in ourselves, we could find a way to almost any goal. ~ François de La Rochefoucauld
To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. ~ Elbert Hubbard
“At 18 you care about what others think of you; at 40 you don't care anymore; and at 60 you realize that others don't think about you at all. nine0029 ~ Dr. Daniel Aymen's 18-40-60 Rule
These were 52 quotes to inspire your personality
And now - a little bonus at the end. To reduce pathos...
-The old man had three sons. The elder went out into the yard, stepped on a rake, and got hit in the forehead. The middle one went out into the yard, stepped on a rake, and got hit in the forehead. The younger one is sad, but there is nothing to do... ~ Feel free to do your own thing!
“You see, this can’t be avoided anyway,” said the Cat, “because we’re all crazy here. I'm abnormal. You're crazy. nine0247 -How do you know I'm crazy? Alice asked.
"Because you're here," said the Cat simply. "Otherwise you wouldn't be here." ~ Lewis Carroll. Alice in Wonderland
And what's interesting
You are already different from others anyway. Trying to fix it is useless. Better take advantage of this. And enjoy yourself and life.
What do these 52 quotations teach us?
Find out who you are - and do it with purpose. This is the best way to help yourself. And then, when your talent is revealed, at the same time you will bring benefits to others. nine0013
Read good quotes - and you will be happy.
And remember: be yourself, there is no one better.
Anything else? Yes, I have them...
All collections . The concentrated wisdom of the world on one page ;)
52 quotes that inspire you to be yourself
45 quotes that will restore your faith in yourself
20 quotes to help finish the job
Library of Congress 10 Most Influential Books
21 photos that will restore your faith in humanity
10 most villainous movie villains: Part 1. Part 2. Part 3.
Quotes about tea. Love and scandal are the best sweets for tea.
About happiness. Happiness is not a destination, but a mode of transportation.
About love. Come here. Do you want big but pure love?
About cats. In ancient times, cats were revered as gods. They haven't forgotten about it.
About money. Few of us can bear the burden of wealth. Of course, someone else. nine0013
Quotes from books . To say how bad staffs end?
Movie quotes. I met the one I was looking for. He has millions, glasses and a yacht.
Quotes from cartoons. This is zhzhzh ... - for good reason.
Good anecdotes. Just don't cheat - we'll hit you in the face...Added to Website: 08/02/2013
250 Be Yourself Quotes to Inspire You: Current School News
Filed in Articles, Quotes by Dynamic Energy April 19, 2022
- Be yourself Quotes -
The secret to success is to be yourself. You should never apologize for being yourself, especially if you did the right thing, as there is a lot of pretending in the 21st century. But we hope these quotes about yourself will inspire you to stay real.
It doesn't take much to be yourself. Get motivated with these compiled quotes.
1. Always be yourself. After all, that's all you really have; when you're filming everything, it's all you have, so always be yourself. — Al Roker
2. Don't follow trends. Don't let fashion rule you, but you decide who you are, what you want to express in how you dress and how you live. - Gianni Versace
3. Love no one; Be an outcast. Take the contradictions of your life and wrap around you like a shawl to fend off rocks to keep warm. Alice Walker
4. Be yourself. Everyone else is busy.
5. Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. — Bernard M. Baruch. nine0013
6. Some people around you will not understand your path. They don't need it; it's not for them. -Paulo Coelho
7. Being yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make something else out of you is the greatest achievement. Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. When I was a child, my mother told me, “If you become a soldier, you will be a general. If you become a monk, you will be a pope." Instead, I became an artist and became Picasso. -Picasso
9. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. -Kurt Cobain
10. When you are content with being just yourself and don't compare or compete, everyone will respect you. - Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching.
11. Never silence. Never allow yourself to be a victim. Don't accept someone else's definition of your life, but define yourself. — Harvey Fierstein.
12. Don't let others decide who you are. Bob Goff
I am who I am Quotes
13. I've always liked the idea of not being what I was expected to be. -Dita Von Teese
14. Try not to listen to anyone who tells you what you can and cannot be in life. -Meg Medina
15. Not everyone will understand you or receive your energy. Don't worry about pleasing everyone, just worry about getting better.
16. Be yourself. Follow your instincts. depends, at least in part, on the ability to "bear it." Donald Rumsfeld
17. What makes you different or strange is your strength. Meryl Streep
18. Be yourself. Create your own unique style. Kim Tae Hyun
19. Always be true to yourself and never sacrifice yourself.
20. You create yourself from moment to moment. You are not born as a fixed entity, but only as an infinite potentiality. Osho
21. If you want to be yourself, sometimes economic benefits cannot be compared with art. -Kelly Liang
22. Always be yourself, express yourself, believe in yourself, don't look for a successful person and duplicate it. -Bruce Lee
23. Find your place on the planet. Dig and take charge from there. Gary Snyder
24. Appear as you are, be as you appear to be. Rumi
25. Just be yourself and enjoy the blessings that God has poured out on you. Delilah Don't try to change anyone. And they have to let you be yourself: "You loved me when you met me, so let's continue!". — Willie Nelson
Be Real Quotes
26. It sounds so simple, but if you just be yourself, you will be different from everyone else. –
27. You are nobody, and that is your strength.
28. Unfaithful To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make something else out of you is the greatest achievement. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. Being myself is really revolutionary and I think more and more people should try it because it has given me a pretty cool life. Lena Waite
30. Don't be afraid to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric. Bertrand Russell
31. When you are content with being just yourself and not comparing or competing, everyone will respect you. -Laozi
32. Some people say that you are on the wrong path when it is just your own path. - Angelina Jolie.
33. Let yourself be carried away by the stronger attraction of what you truly love. -Rumi
34. Understand that you are one of a kind. Your character traits are a kind of chemical mixture that will never be repeated in history. There are ideas that are unique to you, a particular rhythm and point of view that are your strengths, not weaknesses. You should not be afraid of your uniqueness. Robert Green
35. You change the world by being yourself. Yoko Ono
36. If you want to change the world, you must be different from the world. -Elaine S. Dalton
37. Be yourself, not your idea of what you think someone else should be. -Henry David Thoreau
38. I think the best way to fit in is to be yourself. Sounds complicated, but in the end it's a lot easier than pretending to be someone you're not. Megan Jett Martin
Be yourself Quotes to motivate you
39. You are not your parents; you are you. Think like you.
40. Be yourself, but always be better than yourself. -Karl Maser
41. Just be yourself, let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, bizarre, weird, beautiful and magical person that you are. -Mandy Hale
42. When you are content to just be yourself and not compare or compete, everyone will respect you. Laozi
43. An unfulfilled vocation sucks the paint out of a person's entire existence. -Balzac
44. Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses. -Brian Tracy
45. Never forget who you are, because the world certainly won't. Make it your strength. Then it will never be your weakness. Protect yourself with it and it will never be used to harm you. Tyrion Lannister
46. Being yourself is the worst thing you can give some people. - JB Priestley
47. I'd rather die speaking my way than speak your way and live.
- Do the right thing quotes
- Enjoy life quotes
- Barack Obama quotes
- Happiness quotes
- Carl Sagan quotes
48. Don't be afraid to be different, be afraid to be like everyone else.
49. Being myself is really revolutionary and I think more and more people should try it because it has given me a pretty cool life. Lena Waite
50. These quotes about being yourself will help you define who you are and also live the life you want for yourself.
51. Be different; unique; be yourself. -Christina Grimmie
52. Never apologize for showing feelings. When you do this, you are apologizing for the truth. - Benjamin Disraeli
Stay true to yourself quotes
53. No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else. — Buckminster Fuller. nine0013
54. I never said be like me, I say be yourself and make a difference. –
55. Learn to be who you are and learn to renounce with dignity everything that you are not. -Henri Frederic Amiel
56. The biggest lesson I've learned in life is to just be yourself. Treasure the magnificent being that you are and recognize, above all, that you are not only here as a human being. You are a spiritual being having a human experience. Wayne Dyer
57. A friend is someone who gives you complete freedom to be yourself. — Jim Morrison.
58. Nothing has its true form yet. K.S. Lewis
59. Don't try to impress people. Always be yourself! -Bella Thorne
60. When you are content with being just yourself and not comparing or competing, everyone will respect you. -Laozi
61. Authenticity: Courage to be yourself
62. Learn to be who you are and learn to dignify all that you are not. -Henri Frederic Amiel
63. The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown
64. Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for what you are not. -André Gide
65 will get you nowhere. Neil Strauss
66. Can you live without ambition, without comparing yourself to others? Jiddu Krishnamurti
67. Being true to yourself is better than being a liar.
68. If God had wanted me differently, He would have created me differently. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
69. For your information, you are unique and perfect! — Izey Victoria Odiase.
Quotes about being different
70. Be at peace, but don't let the world be in you. Love, but don't get lost in it. Relationships, and yet be alone, completely alone. Know very well that all relationships are a game. - Osho
71. Don't worry about what people say or think. Be yourself. Brett Hull
72. We probably wouldn't worry about what people think of us if we knew how rarely they do. — Olin Miller
73. Don't believe that you have to be like someone to be someone. -Nike
74. I'd rather be a freak than a clone. Joan Harris
75. Appear as you are, be as you are. - Rumi.
76. Don't wait for others to roll out the red carpet for you. Be your own star. — Christine E. Szymanski.
77. Always be yourself... unless you suck. Joss Whedon
78. Nothing can hurt your heart more than betraying yourself. -Roy T. Bennett
79. Don't live to meet the expectations of others. Ichiro Kishimi
80. Be who you are. Friedrich Nietzsche
81. Make the most of yourself... for that is all you have. — Ralph Waldo Emerson.
82. First of all: be true to yourself. William Shakespeare
83. Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you alive. And then go do it. Because the world needs living people. -Harold Whitman
84. We are who we have been waiting for. -Alice Walker
85. Stop hating yourself for everything you are not and start loving yourself for everything you already are.
86. It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not. André Gide
87. Be who you are and say what you feel
You can do it quotes
88. It takes courage to grow up to be who you really are.
89. When someone is properly rooted in life, he does not need to seek approval outside of himself. Epictetus
90. The most disgusting thing is not to resist the crowd, but to think for yourself. Peter Thiel
91. Don't try to be someone you're not because it doesn't work. If you try to be that ideal person, or the ideal person of who you think someone should be when they're in public service, it just won't work. Just be yourself, stay true to your core values, and just be aware of the issues. Ben Quayle
92. Don't be afraid to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric. -Bertrand Russell
93. A rebel is one who lives completely according to his own light and risks everything else for his highest value of freedom. Osho
94. So whatever you want to do, just do it... It's very important to make a fool of yourself. Gloria Steinem
95. There is only one you at all times. Fearlessly be yourself. Anthony Rapp Don't worry about what people say; be yourself, say what you want to say with respect. Mariano Rivera
96. The dead can go with the flow, but only the living can go against it. GK Chesterton
97. There is nothing rarer and more beautiful than a woman who unselfishly remains herself; comfortable in its perfect imperfection. For me, this is the true essence of beauty. — Steve Maraboli.
98. To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. -Bindi Irwin
99. I'd rather be a freak than a clone. Joan Harris
Quotes about finding yourself
100. I found beauty in unexpected places. I think the most beautiful thing you can do is be yourself and own it. Shannon Purser
101. Confidence is the key to life. Don't be afraid to be yourself! I am very different from many children my age in my style and personality, and I'm fine with that. And if you agree with that, then so does everyone else. Just be yourself. Leo Howard
102. The world just wants your real truth. Gabby Bernstein
103. The imitator condemns himself to hopeless mediocrity. Ralph Waldo Emerson
104. Consult your conscience; not popular opinion. Publius Sir
105. Being yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make something else out of you is the greatest achievement. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Alexander the Great quotes
- Brené Brown Quotes
- Power quotes
- Questions to Ask Yourself
- Love what you do Quotes
106. You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress. nine0013
107. You are the only one who can limit your greatness. Remember that you are enough.
108. Be yourself. It is very important not to try to be someone else. Caitlin Ohashi
109. Real success comes when you have the courage to be yourself. Marcela Valladolid
110. The biggest problem in life is knowing who you are. The second greatest is to be content with what you find.
111. Don't let others decide who you are. Bob Goff
Self Faith Quotes
112. The biggest lesson I've learned in life is to just be yourself. Treasure the magnificent being that you are and recognize, above all, that you are not only here as a human being. You are a spiritual being having a human experience. Wayne Dyer
113. It sounds so simple, but if you just be yourself, you will be different from everyone else. Tony Bennet Be yourself. Unforgivable. Kesha
114. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. Mahatma Gandhi
115. Appreciate what is inside you and cut off what is outside. Zhuangzi
116. Tell me how you feel. It's not rude, it's called being real.
117. The most daring thing to do is to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
118. You don't need anyone to tell you who or what you are. You are what you are! - John Lennon
119. The truth is, we don't need everyone to like us; we need a few people to love us. Because it's better to be totally known than to be totally loved, and that's impossible both professionally and personally if you're so busy being liked that you forget to be yourself. Jessica Valenti
120. Your main goal is to be yourself as fully as possible. — Darryl Anka.
121. Be yourself; everyone else is already busy. -Oscar Wilde
122. Let go of who you think you should be; accept who you are.
123. Bet on yourself. Anthony Pompliano
124. Following someone is a waste of energy. Jiddu Krishnamurti
125. Be that way Read To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pull yourself together and move on. Dave Pelzer is completely himself that everyone else feels safe to be themselves. nine0013
Be proud of yourself Quotes
126. Read To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pull yourself together and move on. Dave Pelzer
128. I gave up fighting perfection a long time ago. This is a concept that I no longer find very interesting. Everyone just wants to look good in photos. I think that's where some of the pressure comes from. Be happy. Be yourself, the day is about many other things. Anne Hathaway
129. You can't change what you are, only what you do. — Philip Pullman.
130. When you try to be like someone else, you lose yourself and besides, you can't be someone else! You are who you are! -Mehmet Murat Ildan
131. Always be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else. — Judy Garland.
132. If you don't know who you really are, you will never know what you really want. -Roy T. Bennett
133. Be yourself fearlessly.” -Anthony Rapp
134. You are what existence wants you to be. Just relax. Osho
135. To be one, to be one is a great thing. But respecting the right to be different may be even more important. -Bono
136. When you are different, sometimes you don't see millions of people who accept you for who you are. All you notice is the person who doesn't. -Jodi Picoult
137. Some like you, some don't. In the end, you just have to be yourself. Andres Iniesta
131. Never dull your brilliance for someone else. -Tyra Banks
138. You were born an original of God. Try not to become someone else's copy. Marian Wright Edelman
139. Better to be rejected for who you are than to be accepted for who you are not. Ed Latimore
140. Don't let others limit you in their ideas of who they think you should be. A limited person is a miserable way of being. Be yourself and live freely. Trust that by living true to yourself, you will attract people who will support and love you for who you are. -Jeda Dewalt
141. To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. Bindi Irvin
142. To accept ourselves as we are means to appreciate our imperfections as well as our perfections. -Sandra Berig
143. A superior person does not follow someone else's path. Napoleon Bonaparte
144. The most tiresome thing in life is to be insincere. – Ann Morrow Lindbergh
145. It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for what you are not. -André Gide
146. You try to be yourself, do only what you have always done and love to do, and you are immediately labeled as a weirdo. James Dean
147. One-liners. In short, be yourself, quotes, sayings, thoughts and captions for your biography, social status, self talk, motto, mantra, signs, posters, wallpaper and background.
148. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. -Marilyn Monroe
149. All I want to do is be more like myself and less like you. Linkin Park
150. Success is not about how your life looks to others. It's about how you feel. This is what it means to be true to yourself. –
151. Just be yourself, there is no one better. -Taylor Swift
Find Yourself Quotes
152. Why should we care what others think of us, do we trust their opinions more than our own? -Brigham Young
153. Do your thing on your own terms and get what you came here for - Oliver James.
154. We all wear masks, and there comes a time when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin. -André Berthiome
155. You must always be willing to bet on yourself, on your future, heading in a direction that others seem to fear. Robert Green
156 supposed to escape. It should be a place where you go, where you can be yourself or who you want to be. Joel Madden
157. If you love these quotes, be sure to check out our collection of quotes about who you really are.
152. Do not doubt your worth. Don't run from who you are. -Aslan
158. What is really difficult and really amazing is to give up the ideal and start working on becoming yourself. -Anna Quindlen
159. Our time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. -Steve Jobs
160. For a while I tried to be something I wasn't, but without success. This practical solution is to just be yourself. Kate McKinnon
161. I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. - Rita Mae Brown
- Quotes Ideas for postcards
- Questions to ask a guy
- Self-discipline quotes
- Fake Friends Quotes
- Edgar Allan Poe Quotes
You are important quotes
162. Never be afraid to be who you want to be... People don't have to love you, but they should respect you. — Mulud Benzadi.
163. You can't believe how hard it is to be yourself. -Chris Collinsworth
164. Your life is yours and yours alone. Get up and live it. -Terry Goodkind
165. You just have to be yourself, walk with confidence and be brave. Gabby Douglas
166 Through life's ups and downs, through the few mistakes we make, and through all the successes we get, let no one - no one's opinion - define who you are. And if someone defines who you are, let it be you. Mahira Khan
167. Don't worry about what people say; be yourself, say what you want to say with respect. - Mariano Rivera
168. How many of us pretend to be a facade? How many more of us pretend to be something we're not? Moreover, how many of us have the courage to be ourselves, no matter what others think? -Kathy McGarry
169. You were born an original. Don't die a copy. -John Mason
170. Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss
171. It is often said that correction must begin with each person correcting himself. Soren Kierkegaard
172. If you can dream of it, you can do it. - Walt Disney.
173. Don't compromise with yourself - you are all you have. — John Grisham, Rainmaker.
174. To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on. — Dave Pelzer.
175. Just be yourself, be beautiful, and be comfortable in your own skin. -Helen Edwards
176. I am not what happened to me, I am what I want to become. Carl Jung
177. My advice to young people is to just be yourself. No pressure. Do whatever you want. And if you want to do something, then go and do it. Millicent Simmonds
178. I don't pay any attention to anyone's praise or blame. I just follow my feelings. Mozart
179. You eliminate competition by being yourself. Dan Guo
180. To shine with the brightest light, you need to be who you really are. -Roy T. Bennett
181. When you see a crowd doing something, you are less likely to do it yourself, not more likely. Paul Graham
182. If you ended up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, dad, teacher, priest, or some guy on TV telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it. — Frank Zappa
183. If you want to change the world, you must be different from the world. Elaine S. Dalton
184. Even if you're not conceited or self-centered, it's amazing to be yourself, just yourself and no one else. Simone de Beauvoir
185. Be who you are. This is the first step to becoming better than you are. - Julius Charles Hare
Find yourself Quotes
186. No matter how far you wander from yourself, there is always a way back. You already know who you are and how to fulfill your destiny. And your ruby slippers are ready to take you home. — Oprah Winfrey.
187. I gave up fighting perfection a long time ago. This is a concept that I no longer find very interesting. Everyone just wants to look good in photos. I think that's where some of the pressure comes from. Be happy. Be yourself, the day is about many other things. Anne Hathaway
188. Always be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else. - Judy Garland
189. A friend is someone you dare to be yourself with. Frank Crane
190. We all have idols. Play like everyone you care about, but try to be yourself at the same time. BB King
191. All you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some will not like you at all (Rita Mae Brown). nine0013
192. Don't let others decide who you are. -Bob Goff
193. Be yourself, not who you want to be. Be unique. - Chantel Lambert
194. You can't get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and not fully aware of what you are doing. What you find will be wonderful. What you find will be yourself. Alan Alda
194. Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss. nine0013
195. Be yourself. The world worships the original. Ingrid Bergman
196. Be yourself, fill your life with good people and don't be arrogant. Tomorrow everything may be gone. Molly Sims
197. Just enjoy every moment - don't stress. Just be yourself. Mabel A white gosling doesn't need to bathe to become white. You don't have to do anything but be yourself. Lao Tzu Be yourself.
198. Never silence. Never allow yourself to be a victim. Don't accept anyone's definition of your life, but define yourself. -Harvey Fierstein
199. Don't accept anyone else's definition of your life, but define yourself. -Harvey Fierstein
200. If you don't say what you think, you are killing your unborn self. Jordan B. Peterson
Be Yourself Quotes to Boost Confidence
21. If you can just be yourself, then you must be original because there is no one else like you. -Mark Newsome
202. Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses. -Brian Tracy
203. An intelligent person adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persistently tries to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unintelligent person. George Bernard Shaw
204. If you can be yourself, then you have no competitors. All you have to do is get closer and closer to this entity. -Barbara Cook
205. Once you believe in yourself, you will know how to live. –
Quotes about being unique
206. Be yourself and set the trend. Don't follow. Your own harshest critic will always be you. Don't ignore this critic, but don't give him more attention than he deserves. Michael Ian Black
207. Girl power to me means being brave enough to take the first step, speak up and be yourself. Katherine McNamara
208. Do not associate with any party or cause other than yourself. Robert Green
209. One must know oneself. If this does not help to find the truth, then at least it helps to manage life, and nothing is more correct. Blaise Pascal
210. Don't let people dim your brilliance because they are blinded. Tell 'em to put on sunglasses 'cause we were born that way, bitch! -Lady Gaga
211. By being yourself, you bring something beautiful into the world that wasn't there before. -Edwin Elliot
212. Be yourself, don't take anything from anyone, and never let yourself be taken alive. -Gerard Way
211. Can you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be? Charles Bukowski
213. There is nothing rarer and more beautiful than a woman who shamelessly remains herself; comfortable
214. Just stick to your principles. And rest assured that if you stay true to them, the same people who ridiculed you will come to admire you. Epictetus
215. Take care of what other people think, and you will always be their prisoner. -Laozi
216. The hardest battle you will ever fight is the battle to be just yourself. -Leo Buscaglia
217. When someone is properly rooted in life, he does not need to seek approval outside of himself. -Epictetus
Quotes to inspire you
218. Our time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. -Steve Jobs
219. Don't chase people. Be yourself, mind your own business and work hard. The right people—the ones who truly belong in your life—will come to you and stay. Will Smith
220. You should not be afraid of your uniqueness and should care less and less what people think of you. Robert Green
221. What is a seal? No more ashamed of yourself. -Friedrich Nietzsche
222. Some like you, some don't. In the end, you just have to be yourself. Andres Iniesta
223. Being yourself, you unconsciously inspire others to be yourself. - Mooji
224. I will do what I want. I'm going to be who I really am. And I'm going to find out what it is. Stephen Chbosky
225. Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. John F. Kennedy
226. Just be yourself. Be honest, strive for the goal, and you will achieve it. Emran Hashmi
227. Existence wants you to be yourself. -Osho
228. Why try to be something you are not? Life is already hard if you do not add impersonation to the required skills. -Robert Brault
229. Being yourself, you unconsciously inspire others to be yourself. Mooji
230. Considering the public's deplorable lack of taste, you have an obligation not to fit in. - Janine Garofalo
231. No one has ever mattered being like everyone else. Buckminster Fuller
232. Just because they disagree doesn't mean you're wrong. -Toba Beta
233. The most tiresome thing in life is to be insincere.
Self Change Quotes
234. Take responsibility for being who you are, with all that is good and all that is bad, all that is beautiful and all that is not beautiful. In this acceptance transcendence occurs and the person becomes free. -Osho
235. But for me, being original means being yourself. Mark Newson
236. Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses. — Brian Tracy.
237. Just enjoy every moment - don't stress. Just be yourself. - Mabel.
238. My philosophy is this: it doesn't concern me what people say about me and think about me. I am who I am and I do what I do. I don't expect anything and accept everything. And it makes life a lot easier. Anthony Hopkins
239. I think you should be who you are. Don't try to be someone else. You must always be yourself. John Wooden
240. Too many people overestimate what they are not and underestimate what they are. -Malcolm S. Forbes
241. Don't compromise yourself. You are everything you have. -Janis Joplin
242. Don't compare your life to others. There is no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when their time has come.
Be Yourself Quotes to help you shine as you are
243. Just enjoy every moment - don't stress yourself. Just be yourself. Mabel A white gosling doesn't need to bathe to become white. You don't have to do anything but be yourself. Laozi
244. No one is as unhappy as one who longs to be someone and something other than the person in whom he is. body and mind. - Angelo Patri
245. Stop letting the world keep score for you. Shane Parrish
246. What happens to me can change me. But I refuse to submit to it.
247. One must always remain true to oneself. -Aerin Lauder
248. The most important consequence of self-sufficiency is freedom. Epicurus
249. You are what you think you are.